Republic Commandos or ARC Troopers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
i am very confused as to which of these are better...
in the book Republic Commando: Hard Contact, it makes references to ARC Troopers, but it never says which class is better..
does anyone know?

§pearhead
ARC Troopers are anti-vehicular units

Master Blade
Republic Commando & ARC Troopers are the same with different names

SnakeEyes
hahahahhahah, oh... what? that wasn't a joke? read the comics and then you will know about the ARC Troopers. I am assuming u got this info. from playing Battlefront...

They are not the same thing though, they are clearly different.

yerssot
ARC = Advanced Recon Commandos

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/arctroopers/eu.html

SnakeEyes
thank you for this information i already knew...

anyway, i am talking about the Republic Commandos from the game/book and the ARC Troopers from the Comics/games...

Yes, they are different..

yerssot

SnakeEyes
OHH, sorry man... my bad

SnakeEyes
bump

§pearhead
well...if you weren't so cold about me not being informed, i'd feel inclined to help you no expression but i don't

Trickster
Go Spear!

Sithspawned
ARCs are more independent than RCs. They are pretty close to "raw Jangos." They were also trained directly by Jango. They usually work alone...

RCs are trained by people appointed by Jango and work in squads of four. They are more independent than your average trooper but not quite to the extent of the ARCs.

I personally think the ARCs are better...

SnakeEyes
AHHH, finally an opnion that helps me out. Thanks man

Sithspawned
You'll also notice in Hard Contact that Darman says that the ARCs scare him more than anything on his side does. That should give you a big hint into how they measure up...

SnakeEyes
oh, well i am not THAT far into it. thanks though

Sithspawned
ah.. sorry

Julie
I don't know all that much about either, but I will be reading HArd Contact sometime after Christmas. The ARC troopers seemed interesting from the little cartoons

Sithspawned
If you want more ARCs, get the Clone Wars Comic TPBs...

SnakeEyes
yeah... too bad Alpha left.... but he will be back in Febuary!

SnakeEyes
Star Wars Republic is so cool....

darktim1
I would have to say arc troopers they are the elite of the clone troopers and are brought in because they are the best at what they do as I have seen in the cartoon.

SnakeEyes
It seems that way. Republic Commandos are a LOT more dangerous as their squad of 4, instead of individually. Unlike ARC's, who can do both very well.

mosh16137
arc troop= advanced recon commando, most training, work alone

commando= intermediate training, work in squads of 4

clone trooper= least training, works in massive armeys

i would say arc and commando would be equally effective depending on how there used

SnakeEyes
i agree...
Hard Contact is a good book btw.
I still think it would be neat if they made a book concerning ARC troopers.

mosh16137
not really because since arc troopers work alone there would not be that much dialog...i get bored easily when there aint dialog

SnakeEyes
Well, if they made one focusing on Alpha, there would be plenty of dialogue, since he kinda works with Obi-wan and Anakin (and so forth). They COULD make an interesting book on it IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.