Meditation do you think you channeling evil spirts when you do this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
To meditate is to calm your mind.Some believe that you are actly channeling evil spirts.Do you guys think this is true?
I know there are different kinds.I am talking about when it is a new age thing.Are they really channeling the devil?
And do you think this is a bad thing or a good thing.Please share your thoughts on this.JM confused

TrAnCeDuO
...no expression i have no idea why im even replying to this. the answer is so obvious.

zombieman
If you had even the most basic understanding of meditation and the unconscious mind you would know what the answer is a simple one: no. And for the record, meditation is very beneficial.

Turbo-Cajun
hoover

^ Jakie's mom during pregnancy.

ragesRemorse
Meditation is nothing more than relaxation. No evil or good spirits involved. Only good ol fashion vibes

TrAnCeDuO
whoever told you that evil can come from meditation is brainwashing you. probably someone who is a religious bigot. as they have said above meditation is purely beneficial.

ragesRemorse
unless of course you meditate while driving, or while on Quaalude's.

Imperial_Samura
I concur with the other opinions, as someone who does a fair bit of meditating I have never heard of evil channelling and meditation in the same sentence, or even the same context. So no, no and no. You should actually give it a go and see how natural and good it is.

Jackie Malfoy
Hey it is just a simple question.If either of you did not want to answear it you did not have to.JM Please no making fun of people in my thread please.JM

Turbo-Cajun
I'm going to ignore that last comment.

Cipher
I don't think there are evil spirits out there to be channeled, myself. But if there were, the answer would be no. Does a person channel evil when they're praying? I feel that praying is or can be a form of meditation actually.....

Darth Revan
Jackie, nobody's making fun of you, they are simply pointing out what could easily be regarded as fact: the answer to your question is an obvious "no".

I guess you could consider it "evil" if you're one of those extremist Christians who believe Buddhism is a form of Satanism. Meditation is a calming, beneficial practice whose long-term effects have been found to be similar to that of Christian prayer on ill people. Prayer is just another form of meditation, only people believe they are talking to god... They are not, they are merely calming their mind and body.

Alpha Centauri
In Martial Arts after meditating and clearing your mind you can really get into that mind over matter state. It's something I do before a demo or working with breaking wood, ice or whatever. It helps. But it really is nothing more than a very very very intricate relaxation technique.

-AC

The Omega
Meditation is an integral part of martial arts, it's used to focus.

"Channeling evil spirits..." laughing

Baylin
I think meditation is evil!

Well actually no I dont meditation is just like thinking in calm state of mind. When I do Kata in martial arts I go into an almost trance like state. It doesn't mean I'm chanelling evil spirits I'm just allowing my mind to control my body without letting the everyday clutter getting in the way.

I suppose when you look at it meditation is defragging for your brain!

naybean
laughing laughing embarrasment

Jackie Malfoy
And I am going to annore monkey boy and the person above me post.I don't say anything about your posts.Anyway I know some relion uses this to calm there body and mind.
If you are not channeling evil spirts what are you doing then?Beside the mind and body thing.Some relions consider this to be wrong and sinful.
Do you think this?JM

Ytaker
I believe they say that you're... channeling God?

Mr Zero
Jackie: You know how sometimes your just looking at nothing in particular and your mind wanders - and then you *snap* out of it... you haven't been thinking about anything in particular, you just zone out for a second or two.

Thats more or less what meditation is - people trying to still the thoughts and chatter in their heads: It's not channeling anything - its more or less just sitting quietly.

Some religions do believe that if you enter a trance your body becomes vulnerable to evil spirits... but it's an extreme viewpoint and not all that common.

I'd like to know why you ask...?

Darth Revan
...And those religions are wrong. smile

Most of the "religions" for which meditation is a necessary practice don't even hold beliefs in evil spirits of any kind.

naybean
Thats all meditation is about - "the mind and body thing" (i take it you're talking about relaxing and clearing your mind.....) Its just a way of escaping i suppose. as for channeling evil spirits... ive never heard that one before which is why i laughed but its BS. Its probably just a scare tactic used by the extremely religious. how can it be sinful? you're in the same kind of state everytime you sleep - your mind clears and your body relaxes. Yet these people probably dont think sleepings sinful....

Freddy Lover
NO WAY....

Imperial_Samura
I agree. It is a technique useful for relaxation, purification, self reflection at certain times, for improving mental and physical health, as a way in which one can increase alertness, and so on. The purpose of meditation, in all forms, is far removed from any concept of demons or religion. As such, speaking from personal experience, and the others I know who practice it, it is a pure, natural and I dare say a perfect practice which can help a lot.

Jackie Malfoy
I argee!But why does people think it is evil?Anyone know if it says anything in the bible about meditating?I decided to use this as a report in school.
Which is why I keep asking yu guys questions like this.Sorry if it is annoying I just want to know and have a good side and a bad side on this subject.Thanks!JM

Darth Revan
No, Jackie, it says nothing about meditating in the Bible. In fact, some forms of Christianity practice meditation. Anybody who says it is evil is a propagandist ******* who just wants to keep people in the state of mind that says Christianity is the one true religion. Which is wrong.

lil bitchiness
Only if you believe all Buddhists are ''evil''

Jackie Malfoy
I don't think any relion is evil.All are different and to me there is no right relion.I mean how can one relion say it is right when the others say it is right too/
Too confusing to go on with that kind of stuff.Anyway if the bible does not say anything about meditating then that must mean that they are ok with it.Right?
Anyone care to help me out here.I am geting reallly confuse!jm

lil bitchiness
I didnt say anything about the resligion, i said about the people who follow it - Buddhists.

They meditate, so if you believe that meditation chanels evil spirits, then by proxy all Buddhists (how ever many million there are) are evil.

Jackie Malfoy
I don't think that any budist are evil at all.I don't even know if it is channeling evil spirts at all.I am asking this question so I can get your views on this subject.
I am not trying to put down any budiest at all I promise.I would never do that.JM Anyway where was I?Do you think when clearing your mind if evil spirts could get in there?
My twin sister use to mediate and she started hearing voices in her head that told her to jump out of the window.She got help and is ok now but it is a scary thought.
How did she get those voices in her head and if it was not from the mediating where was it from then?JM

naybean
that is prob more to do with psychological issues not meditating.

finti
who the hell have time for meditation blink

Alpha Centauri
The religions that say meditation is evil largely consist of people who don't think anyway. So to give them time to think with alot more of their mind than they are used to, they might *Gasp* realise that the religion they are following is BS.

-AC

Adam_PoE
Perhaps it would have been more interesting had the voices told her to push you out the window instead.

lil bitchiness
Thats like asking, which muslims have time to pray 5 times a day - its in their religion - they have to find the time.

Meditation is not something you do for someone for something else, but only or yourself, so people do it. I used to do it. My mom thought me, and i used to follow it through, everyday 15 mins at 6pm.

Imperial_Samura
I did some research (not much though so this might be wrong) but it seems this concept of meditation being a gateway for devils and such was created by some evangelist called Dr. Billy Graham who went on about how "Transcendental meditation is evil because when you are meditating, it opens space within you for the devil to enter." So some Christians believe, wrongly I feel, that meditation is only good if you meditate on god, as meditating on yourself "is evil and dangerous because when we quiet the mind the devil can more easily find his way in."

Kind of odd.

Darth Revan
Uh... Schizophrenia? Just a thought. There are a million reasons why people hear loony stuff in their minds. Meditation isn't one of them. You can't conclude that meditation causes people to hear voices because one person happened to do so while meditating.

lil bitchiness
Well seriously, thats a whole load of bullshit.

A 'philosohy of life' rather than religion in which people who practice it are not even ment to be soldiers let alone kill anyone in any way is based around meditation, where as all other religions are fighting and killing each other in the name of it.

How did they figure that meditation is evil and dangerious is beyond me.

Mr Zero
Billy Graham. I got in a fight with the Rev Bill one time back when I was a kid.

True story.

Darth Revan
Why do I not believe you?

I have to admit though, that would be damn cool if you were telling the truth thumb up

cornponious
Channeling evil spirits? Hardly. It's simply a way of finding inner peace, IMHO, by bringing yourself closer to what you believe, or believe in. And I genuinely believe that smoking cannabis can aid in this.

And malfoy, wtf is this in your sig:

KMC'S List of shame:PVS and Turbo-cajun and also Jedi Priestess!

I would think that your decimation of the English language is more shameful.

cornponious (kuntrious kokious maximus)

Darth Revan
JM is neither very bright nor very independent in her train of thought. Unless what she's hearing comes from a politically liberal person, in which case she simply "annores" their post. no expression

Jedi Priestess
that my dear Corn is a big FAT sig flame and a HUGE no-no.

Ive been waiting for something to report you for Jackie thanks smile

TrAnCeDuO
I have never talked to you before but because of this im in love with you love stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
heh smoooch laughing out loud

TrAnCeDuO
eek! i am loved~! yay! rolling on floor laughing

Silver Stardust
JM, finally you gave me an excuse to report you...

cornponious
Heh, Jackie Malfoy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/cornponious/normal_kidonplane_OWNED.jpg

Mr Zero
seriously. true story...

Darth Surgent
You can always trust Mr. Zero. wink

BackFire
Hell no, no evil spirits, you're just sitting their in a calm matter.

ragesRemorse
Heres the thing, If you truly believe that meditation can channel evil spirits, TRY IT. get back to me with your results, and tell me what hitler is up to.

Jackie Malfoy
Being that you started something with me I would not be blaming this whole thing on me.You have nothering to report me on.So dont flutter yourself!
Anyway see you around.JM

Jedi Priestess
hmm edited by JP for reasons known only to herself.

Adam_PoE
I would not worry about anyone fluttering themselves. Thank you for explaining the ignore function to the rest of us in your signature. Now we can ignore certain posters inleast we would like to see what they have to say. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jackie Malfoy
Hey it works so far!So why not!And you are welcome!If anybody like you who just made the list says anything that has nothering to do with the topic or just being judgemental well you don't have to put up with that kind of crap!JM

WindDancer
If not done properly Meditation is a waste of time. Read some more on the topic by visting a book store. Because if you aren't doing meditation right you just sitting there with your eyes close and thinking you're getting a moment of peace.

Darth Revan
hysterical

I'm on JM's ignore list hysterical

This is awesome laughing out loud

*adds JM to buddy list*

Adam_PoE
Ha Ha, JM cannot read this! laughing

Capt_Fantastic
What are you talking about babe? I futter myself all the time, sometimes two or three times a day....

But I like it more when you flutter me.

TrAnCeDuO
im surprised she hasnt blocked me despite me constantly owning her. oh well if she wants to keep on making inane threads like this people will eventually begin to ignore her. oh yeah you might wanna get that out of your mouth jackiesmile

finti
yeah and here in Norway they cant do it during work hours, same with meditation. If you wanna meditate do it in your spare time. My spare time is to sacred to wast it on prayers to some sort of god or meditate

Imaginary
Once again, she's owned big grin

Darth Surgent
Hey Imaginary, I just noticed the picture in your sig! big grin

Fiery Eyes
I don't think it's channeling evil spirits to meditate. All you are doing is trying to stay focused on a certain thing and blocking everything else out. You can prolly make it evil, lol depends on what you're concentrating on. eek!

Ytaker
Beer...beer Music... walkmanConquering the world...tankRugby...footballClouds...tomcatMore Beer...cheers
Any of those evil?

Fiery Eyes
laughing out loud big grin see it does depend on what you're thinking!! rolling on floor laughing

Morningstar
lol agree with u on that one! stick out tongue

Aleera1138
Mediatation is a way to relax your mind and body. You are in no way channeling anything much less evil spirits, JM smile

debbiejo
I was just cruising this thread of your and I too was told that meditating was letting in the devil...That it would open the door for evil spirits to come and visit you....Everyone from the churches I've gone to will tell you that, but as far as I know, it's not true...I meditate and it is very peaceful. Infact today I went to the ocean..meditating with a group...

I made a sand castle... big grin But it wasn't so good. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.