KARATE KID vs Shang Chi & Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
u decied

deathclock
Karate Kid destroys them.

supremthor
reason???

supremthor
evil face

Krissy Von Doom
The crane technique "if do right, no can defence" rolling on floor laughing

wrathofachilles
Show me 'paint the fence.'

SHOW!

Daniel-San, hands down.

eleveninches
Well, karate is nowhere near as dangerous a fighting style as kung fu is. Daniel is not even a master of that. Whereas shang-chi alone is a master of kung fu and would whoop his a$$

MERCILOUS
Ummm... I think he's talking about Karate Kid from DC's L.O.S.H..

eleveninches
Not the movie version??

MERCILOUS
I sure hope not.

Havoc470
i dont know anything about the DC karate kid

supremthor
I 'M TALKING ABOUT DC COMICS KARATE KID NOT THE MOVIE KARATE KID.

wrathofachilles
Well the movie was based on the comics, what is he like in the comics? Mr. Miyagi could take them even if Daniel-San couldn't.

SHOW!

Alpha Centauri
Gonna have to give this one to Ralph.

-AC

wrathofachilles
Where the hell is Ralph anyway? Bring back Ralph!

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha.

I swear Ralph Macchio has the most annoying body language/movement ever.

And voice.

-AC

wrathofachilles
No way! He's America's greatest actor since Sir Laurence Olivier!

What body language? The part where he's about to fall off the wooden pylon on the beach? Lol, he's just learning, give him a break!

Paola
nice off-topic conversation...

norrin radd

who?-kid
Olivier was British, not American. And I can name 20 actors who are just as great, maybe even better wink

Back to topic : Karate Kid wins, because I never liked "Master of Kung-Fu" Shang Chi and I'm not too fond of Iron Fist either. There, talk about a biased statement !

Havoc470
this is one huge joke lol

manjaro
shang chi is the master of kungfu, irn probably a distant second but karate kid has a command of martial arts from many dfferent galaxies.

he destorys them both b4 you could say Pepem!

Havoc470
he learned martial arts from different galaxies, do they give him enhanced abilities?

supremthor
I think so

supremthor
KARATE KID
Base of Operations: None
Marital Status: Single
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 160
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
First Appearance: (historical) ADVENTURE COMICS #346 (July, 1966); (current) LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #64 (January, 1995)

Abandoned shortly after his birth, Val Armorr was raised by a sensei who taught him many forms of martial arts, including those with their origins on Earth, and many whose origins are lost to the mists of time and space.

Since becoming a master of these arts, Karate Kid has roamed the galaxy to study many other hand-to-hand fighting techniques and seek spiritual wholeness. Along the way, he has also learned a few weaponry skills, though he prefers to handle matters personally.

A former WorkForce member, Karate Kid joined Leland McCauley's service only to broaden his range of travel for experience. Ultimately realizing that his spirit was being corrupted by continued association with McCauley, he left the WorkForce and was quickly approved for Legion membership.

While he may very well be one of the deadliest sentients in the known galaxy (having bested even Daxamites in combat), Val is quiet and reserved, seeing the martial arts as a spiritual path rather than one of violence.

Karate Kid and teammate Ferro remained for some time on Steeple, a world with an atmosphere that was impossible to penetrate. They have recently escaped to rejoin the Legion.

wrathofachilles
I know, that's why I used him, lol. There are no great American actors. Hell, Ralph is Italian.

And yeah I saw My Cousin Vinny. It sucked. Ralph was only in it like the first 15 minutes. He was also in a movie called 'Teachers' back in the 80s. Ahhh, I miss the Ralphster!

I don't like Iron Fist either, but objectively speaking, I still think the Karate Kid would win fairly easily *either version wink* because someone who has mastered countless intergalactic martial arts has a ever so slight advantage over someone who has mastered only one Earth-based martial art.

Havoc470
how do the galactic martial arts give him enhanced abilities?

sure ironfist knows one earth-based martial art, but he has a cool power to add force....i just dont know much about karate kid so i cant really state who'd win, and i dont even know who shang chi is

wrathofachilles
Shang Chi is the greatest Marvel martial artist. He's the master. He makes Iron Fist look like Aunt May. Iron Fist has the power fist thing, but it's not that impressive and non-martial artists are capable of beating him, so I don't think a master of intergalactic martial arts is going to have much trouble. I don't know what kind of enhanced abilities Karate Kid has, but masters of varying martial arts are nearly universally superior to a master of only one, and that's only talking about Earth people, lol.

Plus he has Mr. Miyagi on his side man!

deathclock
Karate Kid practices "super karate", as well as having mastered most forms of hand to hand and weapon-based combat. He can find the weak point in any object, and has used that ability to crack the hull of an ocean liner among other things.

From a google bio.

Oh and Pat Morita (Mr. Miygagi) doesn't even know any martial arts. =)

Havoc470
so basically karate kid knows super-tai chi....i think karate kid wins only because he's so out there compared to the two marvel martial artists

norrin radd

MERCILOUS
You guys are forgetting that movie where he duels the devil's servant with his guitar. I think it's called "Crossroads" or something. Steve Vai kicked ass in that movie, and Ralph proves he's not too bad with a guitar either...

I mean...

Karate kid would win 'cause his martial arts seem to be superior.

Havoc470
yeah, karate kids level of martial arts is DC-ish imo (no offense to anyone) while ironfist is a little more down to earth (as stupid as that sounds) but i dont know anything about the shang mang lol

leonheartmm
yea karate kid wins . but maybe its just me but , even though hes a nice enough character, the name is a real embarrasement. i mean seriously, what kind of a dork calls himself KARATE KID.

Havoc470
lol, especially when he knows billions of other martial arts, and karate would probbaly be the worst of the bunch

wrathofachilles
Well Pat had doubles in the movies, but he knows a little bit of 'Hollywood martial arts' which is what they teach actors who need to know a handful of moves for the film. It wouldn't help them in a real fight, but it's showy.

leonheartmm
yea, most of hollywood martial arts is not real martial arts at all, its just flash and looks cool, in reality, martial arts are almost nothing like that.

wrathofachilles
Yeah but Ralph knows real martial arts, lol. He's JUST below Bruce Lee wink

Havoc470
some martial arts are pretty flashy, its just that in real life people dont get into the position for you to kick him, very few times it looks movie-ish though

wrathofachilles
Lol, yeah it's hard to make it look movie-ish. I can kill someone in one move but I can't make it look interesting...

Well it would interest me, but I'm psychotic wink

manjaro
i wish the jackie chan type of kung fu was real.(sigh)but alas it isnt i would love to see sombody whuup ass like that

Havoc470
well i mean to jackie chans extent it wont work, but using objects in yoru fights tactically have worked before, in very small but cool occasions

DarkCrawler
Karate Kid wins.

wrathofachilles
Jackie Chan's skill is real. He studied kung fu, karate, and several other forms during his entire childhood. Some of the moves in the movies are made up because he likes to incorporate humor, but he's one deadly son of a *****, make no mistake. He's right there with Jet Li and Sonny Chiba as being the top martial artist.

Havoc470
he surpasses jet li imo, and sonny chiba is getting pretty damn old lol

when manjaro brought up jackie chan type of kung fu i thought he meant the use of objects around you, not the actual martial art

Spectrumenian
team win

iceman24567
KK via ground and pound

Spectrumenian
team wins via too much for him

iceman24567
You can do better than that no expression

Spectrumenian
if i go all out that might risk this board so i am holding back

dmills
Current Iron Fist plus Shang chi is too much for Val. Most if not all of the feats listed above have been similarly matched by Iron Fist.

SamZED
Never read any books with KK but from what I heard about him Squirrel Girl should be a good opponent for him...

Endless Mike
Originally posted by SamZED
Never read any books with KK but from what I heard about him Squirrel Girl should be a good opponent for him...

No way, she would completely and utterly annihilate him

iceman24567
She one shots him 10/10

Prep-Man
Pre-Crisis Val wins.

Zero Hour Val wins.

Current 3boot Val loses.

Myg is a toss up.

Pre-Crisis Val was giving the Fatal Five complete hell in one issue. Val would destroy both at the same time.

h1a8
Pre Crisis Val was holding his own with Pre Crisis Superboy.
Pre Crisis Superboy would utterly rape current Superman.

I don't know about current Val though.

Spectrumenian
both iron fist and shang chi are too much for KK

Prep-Man
Nah, Val has bested entire teams. This is a cake walk for Val.

Spectrumenian
entire teams inded but those entire teams didnt have the fighting skills of shang chi and iron fist, its like wolverine that can fight bricks like hulk because he got the tools to hurt the hulk but also he got the skills to be able to inflict damage, but when wolverine fights MA guys like daredevil or shang chi he lose and the same thing here while karate kid got the abilities to hurt brikcs combined with the fact that he got skills above them he will go down fighting 2 martial artists with same skill level as him

Prep-Man
It's safe to say that Val's skills vastly exceed both together. Remember, Val knows every MA in the UNIVERSE. He took out Black Tiger (who is vastly superior to both as well). and with ease. Remember, Emerald Empress is the most deadly assassin in the universe and has mastered most forms of fighting in the Galaxy. Yet, Val one-shotted her.

Spectrumenian
Originally posted by Prep-Man
It's safe to say that Val's skills vastly exceed both together. Remember, Val knows every MA in the UNIVERSE. He took out Black Tiger (who is vastly superior to both as well). and with ease. Remember, Emerald Empress is the most deadly assassin in the universe and has mastered most forms of fighting in the Galaxy. Yet, Val one-shotted her.

knowing a lot of fighting forms doesnt make you a better fighter as was proven over and over again here , the fact that he knows many forms of fighting doesnt mean he is the better fighter

you are throwing speculation as they were facts please provide a proof that KK is more skilled then both iron fist and shang chi and prove that black tiger is also more skilled because you are trolling

KK also got even matches against batman and lady shiva so? iron fist and shang chi are also great fighters with the ability of hurting super human characters with there skills

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Spectrumenian
knowing a lot of fighting forms doesnt make you a better fighter as was proven over and over again here , the fact that he knows many forms of fighting doesnt mean he is the better fighter

you are throwing speculation as they were facts please provide a proof that KK is more skilled then both iron fist and shang chi and prove that black tiger is also more skilled because you are trolling

KK also got even matches against batman and lady shiva so? iron fist and shang chi are also great fighters with the ability of hurting super human characters with there skills

Val's skills are just more vast. He's tuned his skills to find weak points, enhance his stats, and on top of that has harmed metas much more than Shang or IF. Ever heard of Mon-el or superboy?

Spectrumenian
Val's skills are just more vast. He's tuned his skills to find weak points, enhance his stats, and on top of that has harmed metas much more than Shang or IF. Ever heard of Mon-el or superboy?

it doesnt work this way, KK got the ability to hurt characters with super human durability also can both iron fist and shang chi but the fact is that it doesnt matter if shang chi or iron fist can hurt someone at superboy level or not because its not a contest of who can inflict more damage but the fact that they can hurt KK is more then enough, both iron fist and shang chi can amp there chi to thepoint they will be able to hurt KK, now karate kid was able to hurt superboy due to the fact he is far more skilled then him and he got blows that can hurt him like gamora was able to hurt thor and thanos but it doesnt mean KK is a god it just means he got the perfect combination to fight bricks, now iron fist and shang chi got the ability to hurt him and they got skills that match his as well so basically they are preety even and shang chi and iron fist together are too much for kk

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Spectrumenian
it doesnt work this way, KK got the ability to hurt characters with super human durability also can both iron fist and shang chi but the fact is that it doesnt matter if shang chi or iron fist can hurt someone at superboy level or not because its not a contest of who can inflict more damage but the fact that they can hurt KK is more then enough, both iron fist and shang chi can amp there chi to thepoint they will be able to hurt KK, now karate kid was able to hurt superboy due to the fact he is far more skilled then him and he got blows that can hurt him like gamora was able to hurt thor and thanos but it doesnt mean KK is a god it just means he got the perfect combination to fight bricks, now iron fist and shang chi got the ability to hurt him and they got skills that match his as well so basically they are preety even and shang chi and iron fist together are too much for kk

Both are nowhere near Val. Val harmed and grappled Superboy, because he knew a MA that targeted meta humans. IF and Shang do not.

Spectrumenian
Both are nowhere near Val. Val harmed and grappled Superboy, because he knew a MA that targeted meta humans. IF and Shang do not.

again as i said this is not a competition of who fights meta humans the best ... its a fight of martial artists and its not a contest of who knows the most martial arts, they are skilled enough to hurt and beat down KK

Prep-Man
what makes IF more skilled? I don't see it.

Spectrumenian
what makes IF more skilled? I don't see it.

i never said IF is more skilled KK would beat each of them 1 on 1 but both of them vs KK ? i dont see him winning

Prep-Man
Agree to disagree, but Val has taken entire armies and teams that were skilled. And it didn't stop him.

Juntai
KK.

Spectrumenian
team ftw

dmills
Val's skills are just more vast. He's tuned his skills to find weak points, enhance his stats, and on top of that has harmed metas much more than Shang or IF. Ever heard of Mon-el or superboy? Everything that you listed IF can do/has done as well. IF has knocked around the Thing, Iron man, Luke Cage, Colossus and the Wrecking crew before. And that was all PRE upgrade. And Superboy wasn't harmed in the slightest when Val grappled him.

dmills
It's safe to say that Val's skills vastly exceed both together. Remember, Val knows every MA in the UNIVERSE.

WTF kind of stupid shit is that! How does he know every MA in the entire Universe?

-Pr-
Originally posted by dmills
WTF kind of stupid shit is that! How does he know every MA in the entire Universe?

it is stupid, but its true. he's a master of every martial art.

Prep-Man
Everything that you listed IF can do/has done as well. IF has knocked around the Thing, Iron man, Luke Cage, Colossus and the Wrecking crew before. And that was all PRE upgrade. And Superboy wasn't harmed in the slightest when Val grappled him.

Those are small change compared to Pre-crisis Karate Kid. Even Zero Hour, Val armorr was sparring against Mon-El at Super Speed. Does IF have Super Speed like KK? I don't think so. Has IF pinned a being on Pre-Crisis Superboy's level? I don't think so. Has IF shattered Secondary Adimantium? I don't think so. IF hasn't done half the things Val has.

Prep-Man

http://www.comicvine.com/karate-kid/29-1269/all-images/108-212176/princessprojectrakaratekid/105-522002/

Val is a master of ALL known weapons and MA. Sounds stupid, but it's true.

dmills
Originally posted by -Pr-
it is stupid, but its true. he's a master of every martial art. In the entire UNIVERSE?! Wow. So he's literally been to, studied and mastered the fighting systems of every race/culture on every planet, in every solar system, in every galaxy in every dimension in the entire universe?! In that case Val wins FTW! sad

Mindset
http://www.comicvine.com/karate-kid/29-1269/all-images/108-212176/princessprojectrakaratekid/105-522002/

Val is a master of ALL known weapons and MA. Sounds stupid, but it's true. Keyword is known.

dmills
An IF's chi allows him/her to do just about anything he/she focuses on doing. Hence Wah Sing-Wand breaking out of time stasis after focusing his chi and using his chi to reach out to broken machinery and reforming it into a giant mechanical avatar of himself. Danny's bare hands have been shown to be strong enough to bust up substances as hard as titanium without chi charging.

dmills
Originally posted by Mindset
Keyword is known. As in does he KNOW the all of the MA of K'un-Lun? wink

Prep-Man
An IF's chi allows him/her to do just about anything he/she focuses on doing. Hence Wah Sing-Wand breaking out of time stasis after focusing his chi and using his chi to reach out to broken machinery and reforming it into a giant mechanical avatar of himself. Danny's bare hands have been shown to be strong enough to bust up substances as hard as titanium without chi charging.

That's still not enough, IMO. Like I said, has IF restrained a being like Superboy to the ground? An ENRAGED, mind controlled Superboy? Val has for a bit. Val has better feats across the board, IMO. And is a lot faster than Shang or IF put together.

Prep-Man
In the entire UNIVERSE?! Wow. So he's literally been to, studied and mastered the fighting systems of every race/culture on every planet, in every solar system, in every galaxy in every dimension in the entire universe?! In that case Val wins FTW! sad

Yes, in an issue, Val has stated himself that he knows EVERY MA in the galaxy, then later, the universe. White Crane, his master taught him to specifically target meta humans of all sorts. Which is how he got to be a member of the LOSH.

dmills
Now that you guys have confirmed that it is in fact true that he mastered every MA in the universe, I will consider him in the same class as Rulk and SG. PIS/CIS characters not to be taken seriously.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.