Master Chief vs Samus Aran

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
WHO WOULD WIN?!?!

SaTsuJiN
Chief is an amateur in this category.. samus has been wiping out aliens for nearly 2 decades.. and not to sound matrixian.. but she is becoming exceedingly efficient at it...
master chief has done it... once?... laughing out loud

ChickinMeat
thats a pretty good argument, ill go with that!

RaventheOnly
Masterchief was breed to kill stick out tongue and has fought and been reanimated countless times after countless wars stick out tongue

Robo-Chocobo
Masterchief was conscripted at age 6, and began to fight covenant for most of his life. he knows how to kill

ZomBiE_HunTER
Samus becuz she gets infinate of ammo and never has to reload.Master Chief has to reload every once in a while and runs out of ammo.So Samus will own this battle.

SaTsuJiN
You seem to forget that samus was raised by a race who had long mastered war...

Robo-Chocobo
ah but samus...well....Master Chief is more bad ass.

and no I dont forget.

I just think Halo 2 is more gritty.

Stealth Agent
i think master chief will win because he will kicks Samus's ass. It is fairly obvious if they fought he'd kick her ass but thats not all he would do to it evil face evil face evil face evil face

Darth Jello
3 words....Sparkshine, Screw Attack, Hyper Beam. It's Samus. anyone who can survive both Metroids, Zebesian Pirates, Ki Hunters, and X has to win.

BackFire
Mario would own both of them. They'd both be chugging his seed by the time he was done with them.

ZomBiE_HunTER
U sick ****!!!!

dark1365
The Chief was in the military at the age of SIX years old. He was pushed to the limit...they were going to make him a supersoldier.
Each morning: Wake up at dawn, 100 jumping jacks, 100 deep knee squats, 100 leg lifts, 100 sit ups. Then a two mile run, to Naval classes. After classes, another two mile run to an obstacle course, when he got teamed up. The last one to ring the "bell" had to skip supper. If you could even call it that. And he's killed. He was born, and cross-trained in it.
Eat your heart out, Samus. MC is WAY more hardcore than you.

Linkalicious
100 jumping jacks and sit ups is a joke. In high school football, after a day of lifting, we had to do like 300. Granted we did them like 20 at a time and rotated, but those figures are far from supersoldier material.

dark1365
So, Samus gets it really easy. Stupid ammo. The Chief DOESN'T get umlimited ammo. So he's more of a tactician.
I've played both Metroid Prime, and Halo. I think both are cool, but still MC would win. And I've heard Halo 2 is going to beat the crap out of Echoes, according to the people who were at the Future-Shop kick-off party.
NOTE from friend who is standing over shoulder: "Just in reservations accross North America, Halo 2, had had 1.5 million RESERVATIONS... now add the people who didn't reserve it. An estimated 3 million worldwide in under a month. I WAS AT THE KICK-OFF PARTY WOOO-HOO! big grin"

Stealth Agent
let me repeat this one m ore time MasterChief would beat Samus's MutherF*ucking ass you got that.He would kill her. Its very obvious u dumbass's. Samus is a woman and i think a veruy important quote is

Woman were made for men's entertainment by the lord jesus christ

something like that. Samus cannot survive in a man's world.

Linkalicious
you sexists comments have me shifting my position.

Master Chiefs wins.....hail sexism!!

Stealth Agent
thats what ive been trying to say all along im glad you see the light side

clap clap clap
clapping clapping clapping
clap clap
clapping clapping

dark1365
lol....
Read the Halo novels. Especially "First Strike" (Takes place after the first game ends), and "The Fall of Reach".(Before game.)
If you voted for the Chief, I recommend you read these books. He's definitely not a mindless automaton.

General Kaliero
Okay, you all are bashing Samus because she's FEMALE? Come on, you medieval-minded idiots, that's just SAD.

I'd LIKE to say that Samus, being orphaned at FOUR (not SIX) years of age, and being taken in by a race that had so mastered technology that if they had a mind to do it they could easily destroy every life-form in a solar system, and being infused with THEIR BADASS BLOOD, and being given an integrated armorsuit that includes an efficient arm cannon (efficient because it runs on pure energy and doesn't need to reload), and having the almighty morph ball, and having the Blessed Trinity of Sci-Fi Video Game Carnage (Sparkshine, Screw Attack, and Power Bomb), and being a strong, self-reliant, brave WOMAN, would SO own Master Chief's sorry little @$$.

THAT'S what I'd LIKE to say. INSTEAD of saying that, I'm GOING to say that the two specialize in different ways of war, and for best results, should team up.

ZomBiE_HunTER
AGREE^^^^ big grin

Were not basing this all how many copies Metriod or Halo 2 will sell but who will win if they fight each other.

Stealth Agent

Stealth Agent
I have to say i completley agree with you but the only things is she's well how can i say this shes........................ a chick. So its impossible for her to win. its one of Newtons laws Woman cant do anything better then men. Duh are you stupid? bash

Samus go back in the kitchen and make me sum dinner!!!

MC Mike
You are a ****ing idiot. Women can beat men. Period. And if you're male, like me, and can't admit that, you need counseling.

WindDancer
Okay everyone let's just calm down before the name calling gets outta control.

As for the poll......Ninja Gaiden wins over Master Chief and Samus....heck even Mario loses. stick out tongue

General Kaliero
I'm sorry, but I have first-hand proof against that. My mother does a much better job of cooking, cleaning, taking care of 5 young children at once, etc.... FAR better than my father does.

And my girlfriend can totally kick my @$$ at pretty much any game we play together. And no, I don't let her win. She beats me down mercilessly all on her own.

SaTsuJiN
lol.. women cant beat men.. I'd like to see one of you dudes try to take on a female tournament fighter.. prolly get something broken in the first 15 seconds.

anywho.. my point was beyond proven when I provided the fact that samus was given a suit and raised by people who had long mastered war and moved on to understand peace and tranquility. Battle tactics are nothing to her.. its like eating cornflakes

Lord Ryugen
Samus will take this, but not without one hell of a fight. They're both born and bred killers and good tactitions, so it comes down to fire power. And unfortunatly for the Chief, Samus packs a larger arsenal than some small countries. Samus wins but it'll be close.

dark1365
Yeah, but Ninja Gaiden is NOT a freiggin' option. So vote for MS or Miss Aran. One of the two. Not some dumb other character.

dark1365
Did I mention that he was six years old when he did that?

Daedalus
Hail to the Chief baby!

Robo-Chocobo
okay, First off, your just F****** crazy

second, your F****** crazy.

third, i Dont know how anyone can compare master chief and samus. I mean samus lives in a universe where everyone uses lasers and missles, and master chief lives in a world of projectile weapons, lasers, energy shields, AND missles,

MagdalenA
I go with Samus

MagdalenA
accidently posted my previous message twice so this is nothing.
divert your eyes

ZomBiE_HunTER
They both have suits.

General Kaliero
And energy shields and projectile weapons are in Metroid Prime, too.

The Flying Pirates fire small projectiles at you, the Elite Pirates use shoulder-mounted grenade launchers, and many areas and quite a few enemies utilize energy shields.

ChickinMeat
im actually suprised to see samus winning, considering how many halo fans we have here at KMC

General Kaliero
Indeed. Says something, doesn't it? stick out tongue

Robo-Chocobo
i just dont think they voted :P

General Kaliero
laughing out loud

Stealth Agent
Master chief is not better because he is a man mearley because he is cooler. But being a man is a plus.

Master Chief has a large variety of weapons what does samus have? Seriously what does she vae the only samus game i played was the one on the orignal gameboy?

General Kaliero
Samus' arsenal the last time we checked (counting Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)

Beams: Power beam, Charge beam, Wave beam, Ice beam, Plasma beam, Phazon beam, Dark beam, Light beam

Projectile: Missiles (250 total), Super Missiles, Wavebuster, Icebuster, Flamethrower

Miscellaneous: Morph ball, Bomb, Power bomb, Speed Booster (AKA ShineSpark), Screw Attack.

What does Master Chief have?

And what exactly makes Chief cooler? erm

cal31
Master Chief has much more character and he is actually more machine than human.

SaTsuJiN
rofl.. so true.. so true..

Lord Ryugen
Yeah Samus definetly owns Chief on firepower, speed and I still assume jumping ability (havn't played Prime yet stopped at super metroid.) The Convent Crusher'll put up a good fight but the Metroid Marauder's coming away with the win.

SaTsuJiN
lol. its funny how chief stars in a mere 2 games and samus has had nearly 10 (counting the gameboy versions)

There was metroid , super metroid, and then those 3 metroids for the regular gameboy, then the metroid fusion for advance, and now met prime and prime 2.. I dont see how fandom can be so easily thrown about these days.

Why doesnt someone just make a game about the KFC colonel.. in a mere 1 game he'll accumulate a massive fanbase and then he too will be squared off vs samus aran.. someday..

Linkalicious
I have to change my vote.

After watching MC drop out of a star ship riding a bomb only to plant it on the Covenant ship, float off out of harms way, and land with a thud on the other starship...I'm convinced he would kick the sh!t out of ANY girl.

Red Superfly
I love Master Chief, he's so bad ass, but for me personally Samus Aran cannot be beaten. So very cool.

General Kaliero
Linkalicious: And THERE you go with the SEXIST comments again. Honestly...

Master Chief has more character, eh? So you call Covenant-blasting, stupid daredevil rides (yes, I'm referring to the drop from Halo 2), and rather bad one-liners character? Huh. The meaning of the word must have changed quite a bit from my understanding.

And being more machine than man is cooler? Again, how? Any time I've seen a human/machine match in a movie or video game, the human comes out on top. And machines will never be able to beat good ol' human panic and intuition.

cal31
well the little character he shows is a helluva a lot more than Samus shows, which is basically none.

Linkalicious
honestly......

honestly what?

it's a video game...if you don't like the sexist remarks I make about female video game characters then either get a life, or invest in the kleenex company.

I'd hate to hear what you have to say about the Confederate Flag Sig I'm waiting to unvail for the 4th of July....

Darth Jello
samus has the hyper beam and a penchant for blowing up planets, how about that?

Red Superfly
And Master Cheif has a penchant for destroying Halos that ruins planets and destroys life.

Seriously, they are no different in terms of firepower, or character. They both have very little character and both have equal firepower.

It basically comes down to which one you think has the better looking suit.

Those of you who own Metroid won't admit Master Chief is better, and the Halo fanboys won't admit Samus is cooler. It's so obvious who is biased and who isn't.

At least I actually understand it's purely down to cosmetic preferences.

General Kaliero
Ahem...

I still have not heard what Chief's arsenal is, that makes him equal in terms of firepower.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Samus and Mc does not have the same firepower.

SaTsuJiN
Samus does not speak because she knows what she has to do already...she doesnt need to chat with her enemies.. she sees them, kills them and moves on because they threaten peace, which is what the chozo told her to uphold..

General Kaliero
Oh, yeah, there's something that ups Samus' coolness factor.

The CHOZO. The ancient masters of war that became peaceful because they saw how stupid, idiotic, and useless war was. What's a better background than that?

Oh, and the Metroids could take down the entire Covenant threat with only a few legions.

dark1365
That's because Samus's moves and abilities, the whole game in region, is kind of less realistic than the world of Halo. Look at the MC, he has to make to with normal guns, and Rocket launchers, and maybe the occasional Covenant weapon. And Samus? In most of her games, she has a helluva lot of missles, and unlimited ammo. MC wins out of sheer tenacity. And he's a man. Men rule! Sorry.

ChickinMeat
was thinking, everyone knows FPS' don't play well with a controller, and both these titles use a controller, but you see, MC has to manually aim, and i found when i played xbox version of halo, the aiming was pretty damn sluggy, but SA has auto aim, so i would say SA would probably win the fight because she has auto aim and its harder for her to miss!

Red Superfly
Utter rubbish.

Goldeneye, Halo, Timesplitters, Perfect Dark, need I carry on?

Only brain dead simpletons can't play console FPS. What's so bloody difficult? They all practically control the same!

The games made specifically for consoles are designed around a controller, optimising the speed and reflexes perfectly.

People who say console FPS have crap controls have never actually sat down and played one PROPERLY, more likely to have thrown a hissy fit after five minutes because they couldn't understand the fact that ONE STICK AIMS, and ONE STICK MOVES YOU.

GOD!

ZomBiE_HunTER
LOL!! laughing

ChickinMeat
its all down to opinion, i have played all of those games a lot, and i think the aiming and controls are ****ing terrible

thats my opinion, deal with it, dont try and force your view on me, the post wasnt even meant to be serious, but you got all mad and pissed about it, ****ing chill out man, have a beer, breathe.

cal31
well that shows she isn't nearly as good as MC at pure combat if she needs auto aim. Let's see someone who is weak and needs auto aim, or some one who can duel wield with manual aim, now who is a better pure fighter? I'm sorry but auto aim is so damn crappy and the only reason you would need it is if you suck at aiming.

ChickinMeat
is there actually a way you can turn it off in prime? i guess not, i imagine it being a trifle difficult without it!

but i guess that can be fun

Darth Jello
Hmmm, well guns and aiming are ok, but Samus can take a lot more punishment than he can. One screw attack or sparkshine will end him.

Lord Ryugen
Just one question here, has Halo 2 changed the rules or can the Chief still only carry two guns and some grenades? Cause if that's it then he is not and I repeat this NOT the equal of Samus in firepower. And I'm agreeing with Red Superfly on FPS's the controls for the games he mentioned and more are brilliant. You just need 10 or so minutes to get used to it

SaTsuJiN
there is not one realistic thing about the world of halo... the gravity, the physics, the weapons, the ...dialogue *shudder*

samus has chozo technology, can you blame her for not needing a recharge? and her missiles do require ammunition..

dark1365
Hell, yes. In other words, MC is way Hardcore to the bone.

SaTsuJiN
you cant dual wield with manual aim in halo.. manual aim with dual wield would be if you can aim the 2 guns in 2 different directions and that isnt possible ...and halo has aim assist..
not to mention they're 2 purely different kinds of FPS games

Red Superfly
Yeah, well, ignorance p*sses me off.

That's my opinion, deal with it.

Linkalicious
please explain to me how weilding 2 weapons at once isn't considered dual weilding?

aim assist? as in? confused

if you're talkinga bout being able to lock onto your enemies with a rocket launcher...then sure....it's got aim assist.

and how do you have 2 different kinds of FPS games? I thought FPS was a kind of it's own. I didn't know it had sub categories.

Being a hater doesn't help you get laid and it doesn't get you the class presidency. no

SaTsuJiN
riiight.. and being a jackass on a personal level doesnt help you win an argument. Halo / halo2 obviously has aim assist with any weapon, if you cant see it, you're obviously a newb to the FPS genre .. and they're different because prime isnt a competetive FPS.. its there to have an immersive adventure with. thats what makes it different. Too bad if you didnt know, you know now.

ChickinMeat
then thats fair enough my man, lets leave it at this, sounds good to me!

if i remember rightly, there is a way to aim your cannon manually in prime isnt there? i think i remember doing that when i borrowed it a few months ago.

dark1365
Can we get past the stupid Manual/Auto aiming issue, please?

SaTsuJiN
well it was brought up as a comparison for why one is cooler than the other.. so.. it was debated.

dark1365
Yeah, let's move on, please.

SaTsuJiN
according to poll samus is winning.. unless some fool makes like 10 KMC accounts just to make chief win

Linkalicious
You're right, being a jack ass on a personal level doesn't help me win an arguement, but you being wrong about an issue does help me win an arguement.

Halo doesn't have aim assist, James Bond Night Fire has aim assist. The only aim assisting you get on Halo is if you fire a plasma weapon because the plasma burst sort of tracks the enemy during it's trajectory.

Anyone that plays Halo knows there's no aim assist. What game have you been playing? confused

and Halo is both highly competitive and very immersive. The levels and scale of the levels is phenominal.

keep on teaching professor.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Hes right yes

General Kaliero
Before this lovely debate roars up again, let's remember that this poll is between CHARACTERS, not games. Prime was the first Metroid game to have auto aim, and aiming in the first Halo is a helluva lot easier than aiming in the first Metroid.

Oh, and the polls have shown that, while coming close to Samus, and even tying at times, Chief has NOT passed Samus in the polls. 'Nuff said.

ChickinMeat
http://kongsjungle.co.uk/funkyj/pics/samcvs.JPG

bit pointless, but i got bored, so did some really bad paint work!

uQifg2WV
I'm gonna go with the cheif, but he would have to have like a fuel rod cannon, an energy sword, and be in a Ghost for part of the battle.

SaTsuJiN
No, he's not correct, he (and you) obviously love the sticky reticule aiming too much to admit that it exists, but I dont care... Kaliero is correct in that the debate is between characters, so lets move along.

Another reason I think samus is cool is because she sortof tells her story in her facial expressions (in prime). When I read the chozo lore (along with samus) I can almost picture her reactions to them . That kind of ambience allows you to sortof create what kind of character you're supposed to be viewing this world through. Whereas you have chief whose dialogue is spoken, so you cannot make any 2nd guesses about what his personality is. Which is why I find chief to be boring.

To cut a long story short though, Samus' chozo technology far outweighs chiefs simple mjolnir battle suit

dark1365
Remember, Sats...it's not always the technology. It's who they are, their own strengths and weaknesses. Their own heart or guts, or a split-second decision or whatever is the only thing keeping them alive, when all else fails.
Even so, I'd still not know who would win right there on this point, MC, or SA. Maybe if they made a novel for the Metroid series.

SaTsuJiN
what weakness does samus have?

I bet chiefs weakness is some girl they'll probably mention in halo3

General Kaliero
Being totally objective for this instance, the only weakness I've seen with Samus is an annoying habit of being caught off guard at the beginnings of adventures, leading to her suit malfunctioning and reverting to the original Power Suit.

And dark1365? There's plenty of very good fan fictions for Samus at Fanfiction.net, if you're willing to look. And Samus will be getting her own movie. Where's Chief's movie, huh?

Linkalicious
damn right I'm right.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Its the truth if u cant handle the truth then shut the **** up!!!! mad

SaTsuJiN
lmao.. you both wish it were the truth... play q3 or counterstrike for non-sticky aiming.. I'd like to see how both of you fair in either of those games

I havent read any books or fanfiction on either franchise, Im going by the games heh. Also, it must be a prime thing for samus' armor to get damaged so often, that never happened in the other metroid games.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Youre talking so much shit it aint even fun.

General Kaliero
SaTsuJiN:

In Metroid Fusion, Samus is infected by the X-parasites, and her Power Suit has to be removed to keep her from dying. And in Super Metroid, if I remember correctly, Samus starts anew on Zebes because her fully-powered suit from the end of Metroid II was damaged when Ridley destroyed the Galactic Federation station in the game's beginning.

SaTsuJiN
Ah.. Ive only seen screenies from fusion. As for super metroid I do remember starting off anew. Can we really count this as a weakness? or are we pitting them against eachother fully powered up?

uQifg2WV
Well i suppose if Master Cheif blasted away at Samus enough with the fuel rod cannon she'd revert back to original power suit thingy.

General Kaliero
I'd say pit them against each other at the ends of their most recent games before this month. (That'd be Halo 1, and Metroid: Zero Mission)

I still don't have word on Chief's full offensive arsenal (Why is that, I wonder? wink), but for Samus, thats...

The original style of plasma beam, which is a wide, far-firing beam that can go through obstacles

The Power Bomb (14 in number), which has an uber-damaging blast radius of about 5 meters

The Screw Attack, a powerful body-slamming somersault empowered with an electrical energy field.

She would also have the Gravity Suit, capable of moving through water, acid, or magma as if it were air, and of jumping about 4 meters straight up. Her energy shields would have 1499 hit points, and she would be equipped with 250 Missiles, and (I believe) 14 Super Missiles, which are each equivalent to five Missiles.

Arachnoidfreak
Cheif's arsenal is any weapon he can find. He isn't limited to an arm cannon and some missles. Therfore, we really don't have to give him an aresenal.

MC's face is never shown, so he can't show facial expressions, and it also adds to MC's coolness factor.

If you want MC's personality(if you can't see it from the games) and backstory, pick up Halo: The Fall of Reach and shut up.

Neither Halo nor Halo 2 have aim assist. The James Bond games have aim assist, Halo/2 does not. How do I know? I just played Counterstrike, a game that doesn't have aim assist, then I played Halo 2, and then I played Perfect Dark, which does have aim assist. CS and Halo 2 were identical, but there was a noticable difference in the aiming in PD.

And my vote rocked it in MC's favor. Whoopee!

SaTsuJiN
pff Im not expecting any halo fan to come clean about the reticule assistance because no matter if armageddon came in 2 hours, you'd still pretend it wasnt there.

As for chiefs arsenal (which is only limited to the halo2 universe) is the :

Sentinel beam
brute shot
fuel rod cannon
Plasma assault rifle
covenant carbine
beam rifle
needler
plasma pistol
plasma sword

---human side---

rocket launcher
sniper rifle
shotgun
battle rifle
sub machine gun
magnum

and quit acting like samus is only limited to her arm cannon.. thats so shallow to even mention.. she does have a free hand to punch with or wield another possible weapon (as smash brothers/smash melee clearly indicated). and noone cares about stupid halo book declaring chiefs personality.. he has about as much persona as vin diesel in xXx.. (rofl)

ZomBiE_HunTER
I am pretty sure Samus would win if her and Mc fought but im not a fan of either of the charathcers.U jus dont know what ur talking about.

Arachnoidfreak
As much persona as Vin Deisel?? THat was clearly an uninformed statement and therefore has no validity. Read the book, then tell me he has no persona. You wouldn't, because his personality is clearly there.

There is no reticule assistance to come clean about, so just get off it.

If MC is limited to the Halo2 universe, then Samus is limited to her arm cannon and missles. Does she weild anyother weapons in her games? Nope. If you say that Samus can pick up whatever's lying around with her free hand, than MC should have the same liberty. Which would make his arsenal nearly unlimited.

uQifg2WV
It would be close. Me and a friend discussed this for about an hour or so. He kinda leaned toward samus, but said it could realy go either way. If you take Samus at the beginning of the game then cheif would easily win.

Phoenix Aska
How can this even be compared?

Give the master chief a battle rifle and a magnum and he'll blow Samus away!!!

Samus wouldn't even be able to take away his shield....

fox

Lord Ryugen
Erm, I hate to tell you this pheonix but a few bullets can deplete the Masters shield. It was part of the fun knowing that you could be killed by pretty much any enemy quickly if you didn't keep your wits about you. Sorry but Samus' arm cannon will break the shield rather easily. And a magnum bullet won't do much to Samus' armour except scratch the paint. A rocket...yes, sustained rifle fire...yes, couple of shotgun blasts to the face...definitly but magnum fire...no. Samus has the advantage in armaments (MC can only carry two guns and some grenades,) movment (dash attack for speed and the ball to move through areas MC can't reach,) jumping (4 metres with the screw attack to turn it into a weapon) and enviroment (Gravity Suit renders her immune to lava and acid and allows her to operate submerged as she would on land). I'm not saying that MC can't win just that the evidence points to Samus.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Very True. yes

SaTsuJiN
Samus has no official fiction written about her, so its unfair to take into consideration chiefs official fiction works. Therefore the book has absolutely nothing to do with this argument.. so forget that mess.

and about samus weilding other weapons, smash melee is a prime example. but like you said, if the liberty is given to MC (as it was in a previous post) then samus should have that opportunity given that she has a free hand to pick up a weapon with also.

lmao @ uninformed about the vin diesel statement.. is there anyone else besides AF that feels that Master Chief actually has a real personality (Within the halo1 and 2 universe.. not the corny book, because samus has no official fiction we cannot be creating an imbalance of information sources, at least in my opinion).

"There is no reticule assistance to come clean about, so just get off it."

Riight.. I want you to create 2 player split screen game, and strafe past the enemy.. (crosshair passing over the target), and the screen will fixate on the enemy for a moment to allow you to keep track... thats called reticule assistance.. not your leet skills.. sorry to burst your bubble stick out tongue

Linkalicious
you're still making stuff up.

I just tried it and there is no such reticule sticking. It passes over enemies smoothly.

There may be an option to use aim-assistance in the individual player profile...i didn't check that out.

But stock, out of the box, default user profiles have no such sticking reticule.

General Kaliero
Can you guys just come off it about the pathetic aim assist argument? The discussion is on characters, and gameplay has no relevance.

THANK YOU for being objective. THIS is the way discussions are meant to be written.

And for the two heroes' faces...

Samus: Every one of her games lets you see her face and/or suit-less body depending on how well you beat the game. In Prime and in Echoes, you can see her face through the visor, and depending on the lighting, her eyes reflecting on the visor from inside the helmet. This gives a sense that, yes, there really is a human being in that suit. That, IMO, is definitely cool.

Chief: No such endgame incentive. His visor is opaque from the outside. And no cutscenes that actually show his face. For all we know from the games (books do not count) he could be an android, or even just an automated suit.

Linkalicious
In Halo, they say that Master Chief is mechanical with a nervous system.

He's part-human.

Phoenix Aska
IN the game halo the giant plant creature actually says he is a cyborg...He is a robot but with a human brain implanted inside of him...kind of like robocop(that's just the closest thing that comes to my mind)

General Kaliero
I stand corrected, then. But still, countless showdowns between robots and humans have shown humans to be superior. The human body is just more efficient than robotics.

SaTsuJiN
its not easy to notice, but the vertical axis is delayed (not the horizontal) and it doesnt stick hardcore.. just enough for you to keep track heh I just checked it before I posted that so my statement carried double the validity. if there is an option to turn it off plz let me know, I'd definately be obliged.

ZomBiE_HunTER
When will u just give up about it.Theres no aim assistance.MY GOD!!!!!

General Kaliero
Aim assistance = no relevance. MOVE ON, SaTsuJiN!

Reborn Again
Samus Aran. She's been fighting a great deal longer than Master Chief and has been against some of the most diabolical brain creatures in the universe. She's sub-human. Master Chief has a lotta guts, but it takes more than guts to win a fight. More like WMD.

SaTsuJiN
lol Kal.. I've moved on nearly 1 and a half pages ago..but they keep trying to throw it in my face, so they must deem the issue important

and yes Reborn, I totally agree. The chozo chose her to spread thier legacy of peace throughout the galaxies, so they wouldnt have sent her ill-prepared to duel with even the most vile of hostile life forms. Let us not forget her parents were brutally slain by the space pirates, so samus most of all understands the hardships of war, and to still have compassion after a traumatic event like that takes a strong human being.

dark1365
Read the damned Halo novels. He's human, alright. They only reason why they called him "cyborg" is that scientists grafted stuff in his body, like ceramic layering on his skeletal structure, and capilliary boost under his eyes.. Jeez, I'll send you a couple passages from The Fall of Reach if it takes that to convince you he's human.

SaTsuJiN
yes chief is a cybernetically enhanced human being.. I just wonder what they did with his junk since he cant exactly take a time out for the bathroom >_>

ZomBiE_HunTER
I never thought of that. huh

Lord Ryugen
Could be a little hatch that opens up when he's gotta go big grin

Diesel fan
Master Chief for sure. Who can resist the playing a character with sooooo much excitement.

Lord Ryugen
I'd like to raise a point I feel has been overlooked by us all. Reloading. MC does, Samus doesn't. This puts MC in a bad posistion because reloading takes time, in Halo it takes a LOT of time. While MC's trying to change rifle cartrages Samus'll be taking potshots at his sheild.

dark1365
Nope...put them both without armor, and with only a plasma pistol., nothin' else. Samus relies on technology so much, that she'll lose, easy.

General Kaliero
Sorry, dark, but the idea is the pit the two against each other as they are in thier games.

And Ryugen, great point, I'd not thought of that, but it's true.

Linkalicious
Seriously....you're asking me to read a book about a video game. What the f**k?

uQifg2WV
Um, I'm still sticking with Master Cheif, as long as he's got a Fuel Rod Cannon, energy sword, and in a Ghost for the first half of the battle.

ZomBiE_HunTER
It really depends on the environment.But I still think Samus will.

General Kaliero
If you're going to have Chief in a Ghost for half the battle, then Samus should have her ship for the same amount of time.

dark1365
That's right. And no, not all of them suck. Ask me more if you want to know which ones suck, which don't.
Actually, if you just want to me to type up a passage from the book, you won't have to read it.
I recommend Halo: First Strike. (Takes place after 1st game)

dark1365
That's half of it, very true... but the other half is pitting their own moral qualities, like discipline, training, reflexes, and stuff. Against each other.

General Kaliero
And we haven't been doing that?

And I'd like to direct Master Chief supporters here

ChickinMeat
i just wanna say before i post this that i dont really know that much about either character, i have not researched them or anything like that.

my opinions have been based upon what i have read in this thread, as its the place ive learent about both characters most, which leads me yp what you said dark. i have read a lot of people say that MC is a cyborg with a human brain, so when you say samus RELIES on technology, which is bad, doesnt this mean that masterchief IS technology? which would be worse, reliying(sp?) on technology or being technology?

i dont want this to be taken the wrong way like my last adding was embarrasment and appologies if i got the wrong end of the stick!

Lord Ryugen
Intresting point but I'm not sure. I'd like to say something in MC's favor because there is something he has that I'm fairly sure Samus doesn't...a sniper rifle. If MC could get into a good posistion he could just camp there and take out Samus with a high velocity bullet to the face. Close up and personal though I still say Samus'll come out on top.

dark1365
That's okay, Chikin. The reason I post that....MC isn't a cyborg witha human brain. He's a professionally-trained soldier-guy, with physical augmentations, and a high tech suit of armor. The bottom line is, he isn't technology, itself. Hell, don't you think that if Spartans WERE cyborgs and were manufactured, there would've been a helluva lot more Spartans to help out in the second Halo.

General Kaliero
Well, Samus doesn't have a sniper rifle, but with lock-on Super Missiles, would she need one? And the far too overpowered Space Pirate cannon that you can use in one of the multiplayer maps is definitely fun and efficient (two blasts will kill anyone).

SaTsuJiN
.... both of them without armor? do you realise that armor is 50% of thier arsenal? in any case, if you've seen samus by using the justin bailey code for NES, you'd know she's just as agile w/o armor on.. I cant say the same for chief.... and why would samus want to use a plasma pistol of the halo world?.. her beam cannon would slaughter a silly halo weapon.

General Kaliero
Not to mention a silly halo hero. whistle

dark1365
So, look at the MC, who has to make do with normal guns, and the occasional plasma weapon. Samus has her own fancy schmancy armor, plus stupid auto-aim(yes it is, in fact, in Metroid Prime, i checked), PLUS all these suit types, plus all these beam types. She gets it real easy. Her powers seem cartoonish, even (yes i've said this before).
In all, I think that MC would still win, despite the fact that I've played three Metroids(Prime, Fusion, Zero Mission), and still like Samus.
'nuff said.

General Kaliero
Prime is really not a good game to judge the Metroid series by. If you want a fair assestment of Metroid, try Super Metroid.

Again, auto-aim is irrelevant to this discussion.

And as far as how Samus has more than MC and that somehow makes it "easier" for her, so what? Look at it this way: If someone is coming at YOU with a 16th-century revolver, and you have to choose between a like revolver or a machine gun, which are you going to choose? If I were to apply your thinking to that situation, then you would be not as good because you had a better weapon.

Since when is using the best available to you a sign of weakness? Seems more like a sign of intelligence, to me.

hotsauce6548
I don't know about this one. Master Chief is definetly way cooler cause he's a badass, and I'm not saying Samus isn't, it's just that Master Chief is, well, cooler. dj

Samus, though, has all that high-tech weaponry.

But then again, Master Chief has some good weapons, too.

But then again, it depends on what's open to them.

But then again, it depends on where they're at.

But then again, I don't know why I keep saying but then again.

Overall, even though I think Master Chief is cooler and the Halo games are better, I'm going to have to vote for Samus on this one.

General Kaliero
See, the problem I see here is that Chief supporters keep saying that Chief is "cooler," but I have yet to read any actual REASONS why they think so.

"Master Chief is cooler because... well, he just is."

I could easily say, "Master Chief is really C-3PO because... well, he just is."

Both assertions are equally illogical, because neither offers PROOF.

Some correct logical assertions:

Samus is cooler because she's infuzed with Chozo blood.

Samus is cooler because she's got ultra-high-tech advanced weaponry, all in a compact little arm cannon that reloads instantly, and usually doesn't need ammo.

Samus is cooler because she's a bounty hunter, and all bounty hunters are cool.

(Yes, this is a correct logical assertion. For the speaker, part B (about all bounty hunters being cool) is taken as fact, and the fact in B instantly proves part A to be fact as well.)

You see? If you want to say Chief is cooler, please give some ABSOLUTE reasons why. Otherwise, you just look like a fool.

ChickinMeat
masterchief is cool, because hes green

but then samus is orange, and thats pretty cool

stick out tongue

Diesel fan
Hey! NOT very one is sexist ya know!

It's just that Halo 1 and 2 rules, Master Chief rules!

Also in Halo 2 there's Arbiter (The rejected Covnant dude).

uQifg2WV
Master Cheif is cooler because he is cyberneticly enhanced
He's capable of taking down things that samus would have problems with, ie hunters, brutes, and Jackal with spiper rifles that wouldn't need more than like 3 hits with that baby.

Lord Ryugen
The more powerful incarnations of Samus' beam would shatter a shield in a couple of shots. The hyper beam would rip through a shield like it was made of ALDI brand toilet paper. Not to mention the compliment of missiles and bombs she carries. And I'm not trying to insult anyone but saying that MC or Samus would win because they're cooler is ridiculous. Coolness is not a weapon, it can't be fired as some sort of death beam and it doesn't help them do anything else except make people go 'ooh coolness!' give actual reasons like caliber of weapons or physical skills please.

uQifg2WV
I would refuse to attack and kill both if it were in my power sheerly because of coolness.

General Kaliero
In which case you'd be an idiot, because they would annihilate you.

Listen to Ryugen! Ryugen = Reason! And Reason is good!

dark1365
You forgot boarding vehicles. But I agree...MC. But barely.

Linkalicious
I bass my opinion on the weakness of the character's enemies.

Samus, even with a better weapons arsenal, still fights little wussy bosses and bad guys throughout the game.

Elite's and Brutes are bad ass...

dark1365
Tartarus would probably beat Samus with five hits from that stupid Gravity Warhammer thing. Goddammit, that is so annoying. And the fact that he's got a powerful shield.

Linkalicious
I beat Tartarus on Heroic without ever getting hit. He never even came close to me or went after me.

My brother played on regular like 15 times before he could avoid Tar...

that's just weird to me.

General Kaliero
Samus is cybernetically enhanced as well (The suit is integrated into her nervous system), and she's got Chozo blood to boot.

And show some info on these hunters, brutes, and Jackals. From the videos I've seen, and the time I've played Halo, the Covenant seemed like the those who got kicked out of Space Pirate boot camp. And I don't see how Samus could have trouble with enemy personnel when she's blown up two (yes, two: Zebes and SR388) planets.

Samus can board enemy vehicles as well. She hijacks a Space Pirate fighter to escape the collapsing Mother Ship at the end of Zero Mission, and She can hack into Space Pirate cannon in Echoes.

You've not actually played the Metroid games, have you? Kraid and Mother Brain (2nd form) in Super Metroid both are taller than a two story house. In Prime, we had (in order) The Parasite Queen, Flaagra, Thardus, The Omega Pirate, Meta Ridley, and Metroid Prime himself. Ridley was the smallest of these, and he was 8 feet high. The others averaged three stories. The bosses in Echoes (Amorbis, The Alpha Blogg, The Chykka, Quadraxis (who was around six stories), and the Emperor Ing) all outdo the Prime bosses in terms of size.

Careful, Linkalicious. When you argue about subjects you pretend to know with those who actually DO know, you're gonna get burned.

white_wolfy
Tell me... are you 10 years old tho... High school football, yah man I know what its like and if you think just the quantity matters then you really are not a good player. Technique man!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>