New ROTS pics at OS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mauler
New pics of Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Bail, Palpatine, and Grievous!

mauler
...... eek!

mauler
..... big grin

LandoSpeeder
Dang you beet me too it.

mauler
... big grin

Sith Master X
Sweet!!!

mauler
.... big grin

GCG
Grievous : looks a bit hunchback

Grievous_90210
SWEET FINALLY A FINISHED SHOT OF GRIEVOUS AND HE LOOKS AWESOME I AM PRAYING TO GOD THAT THE NEXT BTH IS GRIEVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG RULES

LandoSpeeder
One more. Isn't new though

LandoSpeeder
http://www.starwars.com/databank/updates/news20041108.html

GCG
Looks Fake :

*Bodyguard on the right looks like he's tilting and his right eye is off
*Bodyguard on the left looks like the one taken out of SW Insider issue
*Light angles dont correspond (GRIEVOUS Face & LIGHTSABRES on the hilt)
* Finally WTF are they doing in open space ; Does the general afford a terrace on his ship ??

anyway thanks for the pix mauler

NoFate007
That Grievous picture looks odd...and Padme does too...maybe its the lighting.

Grievous_90210
there not in open space and maybe thats when grievous starts to fight obi-wan and anakin o his ship

DeVi| D0do
yeah the Grievous picture is ridiculous

Grievous_90210
i think its @#$%in sweet

Grievous_90210
and maybe he is crouched over getting ready to pounce

cal31
I don't think that Grevious pic is finished at all, I mean one of his guards eyes isn't even lighted, so I'm pretty confident it's an unfinished shot.

Anakin2Vader
You guys do realize these pics are of the OS... dont you? there not fake

Sithspawned
While Grievous does like sorta fake in that pic, we can't really judge how he's going to look in May from one screencap in November...

GCG
i say that for LFL to have a pic like that 'released' it looks too lame to be finished.
i say its 100% fan made ; the mask of Greivous is the same angle of the mask from that big poster.
LFL would not give away so much (that has already been seen) at such an early point.
Besides once again ; NO LEGS

tlbauerle
stupid

Anakin2Vader
^^^ LOL

Sith Master X
Yeah, but how could that be fan made if it was released at the OS?

Sithspawned
It's not fan made, but it could just be the lighting that makes it look unfinished...

lucasfilm
HOW THE HELL DID I NOT SEE THIS STUFF!!!?????

neo313
grievous looks freakin awesome

moonwalker741
the greivous picture looks....ehhh.....

well, i just hope it looks better in the movie

Sith Master X
Maybe it's not an entirely finished shot.

Anakin2Vader
I'm sure its finished or they wouldn't have put it out... all the other ones with it are finished... you guys are critiquing lighting in a complete CGI shot lol... looks like crap because it is one of the complete CG shots that have always looked like crap compared to real people on real sets

lucasfilm
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!! its definitely not fan made, but the pic does look a little strange like it may be a motion test. and the staffs the guards have look a little thick to me... wink

GCG
Absolutly Right 100%

Absolutly Right 100%

Sith Master X
Could be a pic from the first stage of animation.

Grievous_90210
Grievous_90210

and maybe he is crouched over getting ready to pounce

and i say agin maybe he is about to attack

Anakin2Vader
Absolutely Wrong 100%

moonwalker741
yeah i thought that too, i agree

GCG
What we got here ??

A ****en comedian !?

tlbauerle
thumb upsmart

ctsketch
GCG, stop being a moron these pics are on the official Site, they are not fan made, they are not fake they are in the starwars.com databank. open your eyes and pull the stick out

and if you look closely there clearly are legs on grevious

hes not in open space thats the bridge glass, forcefield, hes ont he bridge of his flag ship

GCG
OK ; say what u want ; i'm not convinced its gonna look like that

tlbauerle
Pretty much.spam_laser

Grievous_90210
its possible none of us know loke anything about gg besides his role as an awesome new baddie and i think its funny that this thread is supposed to about the new pics but now we are discussing gg

GCG
shut the **** up ***** ; no one asked you for your opinion.
i might consider putting that stick were the sun dont shine in your person and wave u like a banner

tlbauerle
Hey...I thought I was the comedian? cool

vanyoda
Hey that's super smile Grievous looks great !!!

Grievous_90210
gcg stop being a ***

tlbauerle
eek! I love positive people...they are so...positive!

Sith Master X
I thought the pic looked pretty good myself.

Grievous_90210
same here

ctsketch

neo313
and i'm sure it will look much better in action, even tho i like how it looks now

moonwalker741
i think its part of animatic....it could be....but i highly disagree if its just a finished shot

GCG
geeez its on the official databank

bah

i am disappointed

tlbauerle
Y'know with all the hype and expectations in this day and age...the second coming of christ will be disappointing.

GCG
lol - point made

DeVi| D0do
I know it's not fan made but I think it looks it... like the characters were just cut out of some other pic and placed there.

I hope it's not a completed shot. meh

Mempho76
I think GG looks great. It looks like his henchman on the right is leaning to look over GG's shoulder at something/someone.

GCG
maybe yoda is under his right foot

Mist
maybe its pre rendered from a cinematic in ep3 game?????? it does look good though.....i dont know what your all on about. are youre expectations really that high?

GCG
there are mixed feelings at TFN as well

Lyn
I think they look alright actually. Though Padme's skin looks a funny colour for some reason but, like someone said earlier; could just be the lighting.

Darth Subjekt
i think its a little too "animated" to be in the movie. i think its from a game or something. But definitly not from the movie. Just to give an instance why, i didnt know that ALL the clone troopers in Ep2 were CGI, i thought the close ups were real people, and GG just looks fake. He looks cool, dont get me wrong, but thats not a pic from the movie.

BAILY
I think Grievous looks pretty good. I was getting worried that maybe the boys and girls at ILM were having trouble making him believable. He looks better than I was expecting. I only hope we can get a pic of him in battle, with lightsabers ignited soon, possibly BTH. Then we all can judge whether Grievous will truly look good on the big screen,

darktim1
General grievious looks like he looking over his plans in the cockpit of ship their in that pic.

tlbauerle
Yeah well there are mixed feelings about TFN over here laughing

tlbauerle
Okay...all the talk about animated and not looking realistic enough, is cracking me up because...

IS THIS THE FIRST TIME YOU'RE NOTICING FAKE LOOKING COMPUTER ANIMATION IN A STAR WARS MOVIE????

Why do we expect so much from ILM when the did this:
http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Characters/Jabba/A_New_Hope/tail2.jpg

Oh my FREAKING HELL! sick

BAILY
Touche tlbauerle, touche. Cant agree more on that one. lmao. oh man

tlbauerle
I thought it gave this thread a little som'in som'in.

Anakin2Vader
this would not be the first disappointing shot by far.......beer beer

Darth Jello
sith eyes, children of the corn.

GCG
That particular Jabba was designed by Phil Tippett. It was made out of fabric.

The other Jabba was a computer generated image.

Our expectations will be met for the General ; yours will be exceeded

tlbauerle
Um...no. That was CGI. There are plenty of unbelievable CG images in the special editions and especially prequels. This will be no different.

GCG
Um...no ? that was CGI. ----------- ?????

next u'll be telling us they had a laptop way back in those days.

the 'Um...no' means that u are uncertain of your reply.

THAT JABBA IS A PROP ;
THAT JABBA IS A MUPPET :

laughing THAT MAKES U ONE AS WELL !

The new Jabba in 1997 was a CGI and that was crap. and btw just to let u know between '97 and '04 you know how much time passed ; 7 years. and believe it or not that General Grievous will look much better when its ready.

If that pic satisfies u , then the finished Greivous in motion will make u come in your pants

and the u trying to compare a jabba , that is made out of fabric , cause u tought they had Computer Generated Imagery way back in the late '70s is NOT laughable. ITS A DISGRACE !

.................i going to fetch some coffee

DeVi| D0do
huh?

Gangularis
it's not fanmade.. but it also does not look realistic.

Darth_Decimator
am i the only one who things that grievous looks kick ass ??? of course he will look even better in motion tho man i cant wait !

cornponious
I don't like that Grievous pic. I think it looks fake and stupid.

And I don't like how Grievous walks all hunched over like that. What's that, a bad back?

I truly hope that is not a completed shot actually from the movie.

If it is, that would explain why they've waited all this time to release it, they're embarrassed over it.

corn

waynerobsonuk
Some people say this pic looks fake. Others that the CGI is a bit off. The reason for this I think is two fold. Firstly Grevious could in no way be played by 'a bloke in a suit' due to the dsesign of the character, so Industrial light and magic have been walled in to some degree to use CGI.
Secondly The standard of fan art has improved so much since before Phantom menace came out that we are used to seeing good quality images so we get more critical.
If a fan had produced something of that quality then most people would have been over the moon about it.
Personally I think it looks more like grevious is sitting down. I think what makes this shot loook a bit on the ropey side as well is that it's obvious from a 'motion' shot. Hence the placing is not as good as those mader for promotion in posters etc... (well, recent teaser poster ignored of course!)
Incedently I have a mate who works for a major firm and has some good mates in the games side of Lucas Arts. I was talking to him yesterday and he said that apprently the guys in the games division were pissing themselves laughing at the teaser poster. (and before anyone asks no he doesn't get any inside info from his mates, they'd losed their jobs, plus it's highly compartmentalised apprently).

Wayne..

ctsketch
Once again you prove your ignorance, That picture IS from the 1997 Special edition, that scene was not even IN the original star wars of 77, That is a CGI Jabba, from 97, Period, end of story, go beat your head against a concrete wall once more

PVS
that 97 jabba was shitty CG, but notice how they got his skin texture far more accurate than the 'improved' version.

and as far as GG...sorry corn, he walks hunched over in every image i've seen. he's kinda seems like darth vader meets a jurasic park raptor, in the way his legs are jointed. perhaps it will come off better on screen if and when the 3D models are fully rendered and we see him in motion.

my fear is that they have procrastinated on GG's animation, in which case we may see the product of a tight deadline meeting a director biting off more than he can chew...a halfassed GG. i hope not, but its a possability.

NoMeN
im sure its a completed shot, i dont see the point on releasing a wip (work in progress) shot.

thejeditraitor
GCG = tard

PVS
thejeditraitor=new member who needs to chill

NoMeN
thanks Indy 3 for the pics:

http://img79.exs.cx/img79/8476/general1.jpg
http://img81.exs.cx/img81/1007/Padme.jpg
http://img5.exs.cx/img5/7990/Palp.jpg
http://img5.exs.cx/img5/9917/13166.jpg
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/3269/AniPalp.jpg
http://img79.exs.cx/img79/1765/Obi.jpg

fixed PVS wink

PVS
nomen!!!

next time use links when the pics are huge,
and screw our browser windows up.
plus, some of us poor shmucks are still on dialup. stick out tongue

NoMeN
oops, sorry, ill fix that

NoMeN
just retouched the GG pic in photoshop.

have a look:
http://img7.exs.cx/img7/3674/general4.jpg

hmmm, isnt that obis lightsaber?
http://img7.exs.cx/img7/5240/saabers.jpg

PVS
thanks dude wink

cornponious
Well, it certainly looks like it.

tlbauerle
oddly enough that is Luke's ROTJ saber in the middle.

Boris
Yeah Grievous looks....... meh

tlbauerle
Actually, just to show you how ignorant you really are (not out of any malice, but just to be nice) They did have CGI back in 1978. Lucas wanted to use CGI X-wings for the Star Wars sequel, but couldn't get it to work. The computer division created by Lucas developed into an animation studio called PIXAR. So THE DID use a computer back then.

Secondly, you need to go watch the original trilogy again because you can't tell the difference between the OT the SE and the DVD.

Third, the SE is probably representative of digital technology from around mid 1995 early 1996 at the latest allowing for a minimum of 8 years of improvment. However, the redo of Jabba in the DVD still looks like poo and that was finished probably a year ago, so that 7 years of improvement DIDN'T DO A HELL OF A LOT.

Fourth...PHIL TIPPET DIDN'T MAKE THE ROTJ JABBA. He designed it, Stuart Freeborn and his team built the thing out of Latex ... which has no relation whatsoever to fabric.

Fifth, Everyone on the net and all Star Wars fans know THAT IS FROM THE 1997 SE.

Sixth, Further proof of unrealistic CGI comes from both prequels. I can see through most of the CGI characters and some props easier than a two way mirror. I have yet to see a CGI character that looks like I can reach out and touch it. If you have, you're not paying attention.

Conclusion: The General will not be an exception. It may be the best CGI yet, but it won't hold up to practical effects and gags. Will it be total crap? No, I never said it would. Will it still be a kick butt movie? Totally. Will you still be a moron? With out a doubt.

I hereby revoke your right to comment on SFX forever because you have been:
http://img77.exs.cx/img77/4658/owned28.jpg

eXSBass
I might be a little late but that picture looks the dog's bollocks.

Stunrun
The DVD jabba blends with Harrison Ford's performance much better then that hunk of junk SE jabbastick out tongue

GCG
1) Just to show how unattentive you are ; i repeat to u once more THAT CGI could not have been used back there in comparism with the advanced steps it has progressed in this new millennium. IT WAS THE BEGINNING OF PIXAR ; WTF are u expecting them to do ?? FX galore ?
They used Layering and Blue Screens.

2) If you send me a copy , i certainly would !

3) If you want to discuss Jabba , yes by all means , but not here ; this is The New OT pics we are meant to discuss. dont stray away from the thread name.

4) Ladies & Gentlemen : Please note that he is using capitals up here. WTF are u saying ??? DIDNT DO A HELL OF A LOT ???
Your previous postings seem to be swaying the otherway with the you saying that " You love positive people cause the pic is great " and bla bla bla bla

5) Unvalidated; when i said fabric i meant fabricated ; dont twist my words around for your geniusmongering.

6) What are you going to do about it ?

7) I have seen a Great CGI + animated character ;that look awesome ; but it was developed by WETA; but its not a SW character ; its that fetid green creature called gollum that U YOURSELF have adopted in your Avatar

8) STFU ! you started this

9) I'll finish it off ....without a doubt NO

10) Grab your revoke and STFU !

GCG
and do u think that its fair on H-S paying members to see a finished shot of the General Greivous being displayed FREE ? i tough that since Greivous and henchmen are the rarest sight these days maybe H-S would have hosted a pic.

But if y'all wanna say that its finished; well then H-s members think about it . LFL could have decided that you are not even worth the money u pay for.

tlbauerle
I never said it was, you just said it didn't exist. You were WRONG. By the way, have you even seen the 1978 test to be able to comment on it? Probably not because they didn't use a blue screen. It was CGI.

What the hell are you talking about? I thought the pic was pretty cool but never said it was convincing. You're the jackass who said it looked fake.

At least you recognize my genius. And made out of fabric seems pretty clear to me. (Althought decent cover up)

Gollum wasn't that great. You could still tell he was CGI.

Dude, all I was saying was why do we expect so much from ILM when they were responsible for the SE Jabba. You're the dummy that made it a battle by ignorantly trying to argue that shot was not from the SE.

davesmolo
Two things - It's lit way too awkwardly to be a shot from a movie...I'd seriously consider it to be something for LFL to put out there...just to appease us for the time being. Think of how good the Geonosans looked or even the Gungans...I think Grievous will blow them away.

Also...I know off topic, but Anakin's eyes = dream sequence

GCG
What are u on about ? DO I HAVE TO DRAW U A PICTURE ?
Computer Generated Imagery did not , i say again , exist in all the variations of today's technology. Now when i show it to you , you will cover your eyes, and when i shout it out , i know, u will cover your ears. are u also suggesting that they did not have blue screens back then ?

and yes i did see the tests thay made but only twice; i had seen SW : Empire of dreams ; for more information click here

Thats because the Greivous Beverly Hills dude said it was Finished. And when i post i never quote anybody so as to not START ARGUMENTS AS U CLEARLY DID. you are the Jackass who started this, not me

but whats obvious to you is not obvious to me (Altough a decent curbing attempt)

I am not expecting you to beleive he was real ; i said that it was pretty good ; especially the facial expressions

I already ADMITTED that u had your point made ; I WAS WRONG then.
BUT when u quoted me is WHEN U STARTED THIS OFF.

I NEVER QUOTED THAT 90210 dude altough i disagreed with him/her.

tlbauerle
Dude..WTF. The CGI Test from 1978 wasn't in the Empire of Dreams.

I don't even know what we were arguing about...but I dig the music on your site. What do you use to produce it.

Indy_Knight
Those pics are mint, Grevious looks really menaceing. I like the Star Destroyers and TF ships in the background. This has indeed been good week for us Star Wars fans.

(I know this is off topic, but I had to say, Im reading Ewan McGregor's The Long Way Round, the journal of his round the world bike trip. It's the best thing I've read in ages.)

:.Space Opera.:
ewan rocks dude. i hope he wins best actor for something in the near future.

Sith Master X
Ewan is pretty cool. I couldn't imagine a better person as Obi-Wan.

cornponious
Since we're on the off-topic of Ewan, I'm going to take it waaaay off by saying that apparently it's rumored that Ewan is being considered for the role of James Bond.

In case there is somebody out there who doesn't know it.

cornpooooooooonious

GCG
so sorry ; you will have to ask bprince about that. thats not me.

cylob49
If it is thatd be cool Grevious wasting Jedi with Obis sabre......pluse we will get a scene after obi wastes Grevious of him taking his sabre back.

moonwalker741
is it me, but i see, besides lukes lightsaber, i see anikans?

jedijunky1138
Luke's Saber IS Anakins Saber...........LOL

tlbauerle
But the middle saber is luke's ROTJ

Xam
GREVIOUS IS THE NEXT JAR JAR HE WILL RUIN EPISODE 3 LIKE JAR RUINED EPISODE 1

jedijunky1138
The middle one looks like Obi-Wan's it has the same emitter as Obi-Wan's

cal31
Ummm.... no

Xam
id be willing to bet on thaT

tlbauerle
Sorry...it's Luke's

http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Weapons/Lightsaber/lights4.jpg

Obi-Wan's is in the middle here:

http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Weapons/Lightsaber/lights7.jpg

moonwalker741
um no no expression

look on the right no expression

Shalindar
tell me an online shop where I can buy lightsabers.

JKozzy
www.google.com

^ Your friend.

Next time, I wouldn't recommend bumping an old thread, especially one not on the topic of your bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.