Looks like Anakin may indeed be Vader by the time of the duel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess

Batman316
I guess it settles the question of wether Anakin became Vader when he got the suit or if he was already Vader.....

But in the teaser Sidious says 'Arise Lord Vader' or something......

Ok technically maybe he fell to the dark side before being crispy fried and became evil etc But isn't he technically 'Vader 'after' the Emperor names him?

thanks for that JP it was a good read

Jedi Priestess
Well if you take the above in the literal sense, he becomes Lord Vader before he takes the lava plunge.

darktim1
It seems like the more he fought the stronger he got and as they progressed he became more disrespectible to others but when emperior says rise lord vader is he reborn as lord vader?

Morridini
Well, I think it's obvious that he is Vader before he gets the suit. Or else he wouldn't have answered when Palps said "Lord vader".

BAILY
It makes sense that the whole audio in the trailer with Palpy and Vader talking could have been fabricated for the trailer. Ani will probably bow to Palpy and be knighted a Sith Lord, before the suit, and that is how this scene will probably play out. Not after he becomes crispy and burnt Vader. That is why Vader doesnt sound like Vader. Plus, they havent got JEJ to record the voice as of yet.

darktim1
Yeah I heard that when he does bow he says what is thy bidding my master.

BAILY
I heard that too darktim1. It is when Obi watches a holo transmission to Grievous from Sidious and Ani walks into the room. If it is true, it will be a memorable scene, or sure

darktim1
For shure .

Batman316
By the looks of it this movie will be nothing but battles and memorable scenes..... I just hope GL doesn't forget to put a storyline in there somewhere.

]

They haven't? I need to re-watch the teaser, I know Vaders voice sounded different but I still thought it was him.

BAILY
Batman316. I direct you to this link.

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=25087

JEJ says he hasnt been contacted as of the end of Oct. about doing the voice.

Darth Jello
both him and the emperor sound a bit off. I'm guessing this is a guide track. you see the same thing when you listen to the intonation in the episode II teasers when obi wan says "power cuplings"

Batman316
thanks for the link Baily.....

God I hope GL isn't going to do something stupid like not use JEJ for Vaders voice :/

BAILY
No Prob. Batman316. I do hope JEJ does the voice. He needs to, there is no substitution for him.

Gangularis
great read. i'm guessing, and hoping, that episode III will share that kind of intelligence that's written into that bio..... because that's just perfect.

Darth_Decimator
absolutely baliy there is only one JEJ and it would be a travesty on behalf of GL not to use him , and i also agree that the bio is kick ass and basically perfect

cornponious
A-HA!!!

I KNEW that wasn't James Earl Jones' voice in the trailer.

Har-dee har har.

cornhardeeous

ih8jarjar
Getting back on the original subject - if Anakin had become Darth Vader before the duel, then wouldn't he be fighting Obi-Wan with a red lightsaber? I'd have to imagine that once you become a sith your master gives you a sith weapon.

PVS
*AHEM*

JP, you may send my $20 via paypal, western union, money order, or you can just mail me a check. stick out tongue

(me and JP made a bet on whether or not anakin would be called vader before or after the mech suit)

Batman316
]

Not really, I assume like a Jedi making a lightsabre as part of their training the Sith likewise has builds their own.

I think though what that bio means is that during the duel Anakin ceases to be Anakin as he calls on the darkside.

I'm still not convinced that he should 'technically' be called Vader until Sidious says 'Arise Lord Vader'

However as already pointed out that line might happen at a different time than the Teaser....
Maybe it happens in Palpy's office after Windu bites the big one.
Anakin falls to his knees before Palpatine, Palpy says the lines and ta'dar "Lord Vader" is created......

Jedi Priestess
PVS that bet isnt payable until May19th and you know it. stick out tongue

PVS
its ok, you can postdate the check stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Whilst this may well be true, JP, that info is no good for telling one way or another- it'#s the same generic piece of info that has been there for four years or more, at the end, and so is not talking in any detail or chronological order.

Jedi Priestess
Actually they did a big update yesterday so stick out tongue I posted the new stuff.

Gangularis
that info was *posted* on oct. 31... even assuming that interview was caught that same day, you don't know he didn't fly in on november 3rd and record dialogue. big grin

Darth Subjekt
he receives his name after he kills Mace. his "Darth" tiltle is given after he joins the darkside, not after he gets his suit. If that were the case then Maul and Dooku would have never used their "Darth" titles, cause they never had suits.

And when we saw him say, "Lord Vader." that was the first time he spoke or heard anything or was even concious after falling in lava, so how would he know who the emporer was talking to?
and just like the other guy said, he has to build his own lightsaber. I dont think Papatine just sits around with abunch of lightsabers to give out everytime he gets a new apprentice.

SMOKE187
so vader does come early?

Darth Subjekt
well before he gets his suit

Telemicus
But we know he doesn't have a new lightsaber when he becomes Vader as we see him fighting Obi with a blue saber in the trailer.
Guess he doesn't have time inbetween turning, killing lots of Jedi and fighting Obi Wan to construct a red one.
Vader definately comes early though, either the emperor renames him just before the killing of Mace etc, or just after.

Darth Subjekt
yep

DARTH DADDY
There should be no debate, OB1 states (ROTJ) that when Anakin gave himself to the darkside he ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. He didn't give himself over after the duel so it would have happened sometime before the duel. Now you can debate the color of his saber all you want. But what side he is on there is no debate according to OB1.

vorphalack
Also.....just because the force.net posted it doesn't mean its true. All this was was some guy writing in and saying "Hey JEJ told me this when I met him". How freakin easy would that be to do, you know? I could do a little research and find out where JEJ is going to be next, write into the force.net and tell them I met him there and say the exact opposite. "Oh yeah, well I saw him THIS weekend and he said he just recorded them!" and they would probably post it as news.....

All I am saying is, people are taking that comment from some fan as fact way too much. The FACT is is that Lucas as said multiple times that JEJ will be reprising his role.....so nothing to worry about.

-V.
(sorry for continuing with the off topicness)

Evil Dead
I bet that is not the first time he is called "lord Vader"......it's probably already been used when Anakin officially joins the darkside and first kneels before Sidious......something along the lines of "kneel young Skywalker.....arise lord Vader".........

so later on in the film when Vader is injured and must be put in the suit he already has the name.

Evil Dead
also........

If we are to take Obi Wan's words literally in A New Hope, "a young Jedi named Darth Vader".............it would imply that Anakin already has the Sith name Vader before the Jedi even find out he has turned to the darkside......believing him to still be a Jedi.

DARTH DADDY
I understand what you are saying, but don't forget the look that OB1 had when he told Luke this info. His eyes gave away that he was not telling Luke the whole truth. He in fact was protecting Luke from knowing he was the son of Darth Vader. Remember he told him later that what he told him was true, from a certain point of view.

lucasfilm
VVVVVVV yeah hahahahaha

Sith Master X
Yes, Anakin is given the name "Vader" from the very moment that he turns on the Jedi.

AntniEllison
the dialogue is:

Palpatine: Lord Vader

Vader: Yes Master

Palpatine: Rise

AntniEllison
I agree with the thing that how would anakin know who palpatine is talking 2 when he says lord vader i think he'll be named Darth Vader after he kills Mace Windu because that is when he would of chose the sith over the jedi

Darth Subjekt
thats what i said before. Just because the jedi dont know thats his Sith name doesnt mean thats NOT his name. They also think that he dies in the lava. Only like 4 people know that Darth Vader is Anakin. Just saying that ahead of time, cause i know someone wiould have said something along the lines of that.

I think we'll see "Lord Vader" lead the onslaught of the jedi temple.

vader519
I think we all pretty much agree that Anakin is vader once he turns to the dark side of the force. The one question that I have is how do Obi-wan and yoda find out that Anakin survived and now is Darth Vader in the suit.

Jedi Priestess
I made a thread about that very thing some time ago let me see if I can dig it up

Jedi Priestess
Yep here it is buried back on like page 13. Closed because we figured it out.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=304611&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

darktim1
This I wonder if he knows nothing but to punish during the duel like he is in trance or something and can't stop.

Darth Subjekt
i think, and this may be a stretch, but please keep in mind that Anakin is going thru some ish at this point, anyway....i think in some way that since anakin looks at OB1 kinda like "the closest thig he has to a father", even though he looks up to Palps, he wants to impress OB1. And hows the saying go, "to be the man, you got to beat the man." So maybe if he were to beat OB1, OB1 might respect him more. But at the same time, he has everything that Palps says in the back of his mind, and he just unleashes all his "feelings" on the person in front of him. Then little by little, he starts losing ground in the deul, and that just further fuels his internal flames of hate and anger, and one thing just leads to another until he's doing the one armed one legged backstroke in the lava pool.

by all means let me know what you think.

Darth Surgent
eek! The first thread that I closed!

Jedi Priestess
laughing out loud keep on thinking that way Surge baby! wink

Batman316
*wonders what the answer is that was figures out and goes to inspect

AntniEllison
Anakin Skywalker Will become Darth Vader When he kills Windu & i think this will how the scene will play out when he's put in the suit at the end of the film:

we'll see a split second of his burnt body being put on the operating table then the screen will fade to black, then it'll show the suit bein put on his legs for a split second then the screen will fade to black, then we'll see the suit being put on his torso n upper body then it'll fade to black, then we'll see the gloves being put on then fade to black, then we'll see his mashed up face for a split second then fade to black again, then while the screen is black we'll hear

"Lord Vader"

"Yes Master"

"Rissee"

then we'll see the operating table lift up.

wat u think??

jedijunky1138
Subjekt has it right,when Anakin kills mace he takes his final step into the realm of the DARK SIDE. That is when Sidious will give him the moniker of DARTH VADER. You do not need a special suit to be a Sith.

Grand Moff Gav
when does starwars come out in america because im going in march and thought i might get to see it then.

Jedi Priestess
May 19th

Ushgarak
Please read what I said, JP. It so happens I did actually read your post, odd as that may be to believe seeing as I replied to it... (sighs). My point was that part, the part about him becoming Vader, was the same.

They are not giving away the film plot on the OS yet.

So I repeat- no info pertinent to this matter has changed, and we know nothing more or less as a result of this.

Jedi Priestess
Ok Boss I had been informed that it changed.

PVS
dont worry JP, regardless of when that OS entry was made, you can rest assured that come may19, you will be $20 poorer stick out tongue

mephistodesigns
JP's right, they changed Obi-wan's, Anikan's, Palpatine's, and added Greivous. Their are two to four paragraphs in each of the older character's bios that are COMPLETELY NEW. In Obi-wan's, I found it interesting that it now says that Obi-wan hid the children so that, "neither the Dark Lord {Vader}, nor his master, the Emperor Palpatine, knew of their whereabouts." That's a new line. There are also new sections discussed in both Ani's and Obi's about how they are both famous now. Ani has earned the nickname "the Hero Without Fear" and Obi has earned the title of "The Negotiator". They also mention commander Cody in more detail. Obi and Ani have several new paragraphs that give you a lot of info that leads into Episode 3. And it looks very detailed and "pertinent". -sigh- Sorry Ush, but I think you need to go read these, a LOT has changed. Mainly, I think it is info that will be covered in Labyrinth of Evil, the book leading into ROTS, and stuff mentioned early on in the film.

darktim1
I was watching a new hope today and when obi-wan talks he a young jedi named darth vader helped hunt down and destroy the jedi nights so he must be vader by the time of the duel.

Sith Master X
Funny though, the way he made it sound, was like Anakin's full name as a Jedi was Darth Vader. lol

Jedi Priestess
ta rah rah BOOM de ay! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

darktim1
yeah it does sound funny but dooku was named darth tyrannas in secret but still used his other it could be that when you quit being yourself maybe that when get to use secret name.

Darth Subjekt
he used Dooku cause he was hiding the fact was with a sith. he didnt want his involement known since he was trying to rally the Confederacy deal, to take system strength from the republic, and ultimatly, screw them over and take the plans of the Death Star for his masters own use.

Ushgarak
Did everyone go blind all of a sudden? Read my posts properly! Yes the entries have changed, BUT NOT THE BIT ABOUT ANAKIN BECOMING VADER! Hence JP's opening gambit on this thread is not so- we have no new information there. She said that Anakin's new bio tells us he is Vader before the duel. It does not- that part, the part at the end, as I said in my original reply, is framed in the same way it always was.

Ushgarak
This bit, here:

"As turmoil engulfed the galaxy during the transition from Republic to Empire, Anakin fell to the dark side of the Force. Consumed by evil, Anakin abandoned his past and his humanity. He became Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, apprentice to the evil Emperor Palpatine.

Sustaining grievous injuries at the hands of his former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Vader required cybernetic enhancements and replacements to sustain him. His pure innocent self seemingly lost forever, Darth Vader cast a dark pall over the galaxy, as he was one of the foremost agents responsible for the elimination of the Jedi order."

The whole centre of what JP is arguing.- saying they say he becomes Vader before the duel. THAT is what is the same. They always talked about it in that vague way. It is neither definitve nor chronological and it tells us nothing. The new bio changes in that entry end at the part where it says they returned to Coruscant.

And I really should not have had to lay this out quite this much! I said it quite clearly in my reply to JP- that we have no new information about that which she was referring to.

darktim1
okay.

Grand Moff Gav
hello not relavent but i have an incomplete death star

Grand Moff Gav
there it is or is it

bilbofett
You're right, Ush. But you gotta admit, the way the talk is going & with these new entries it does seem like Ani will be Vader before the duel. Much as I hate to agree with fanboys, on alot of things they've been right more than they've been wrong (from what we 'know'). I think this is gonna happen.

Sith Master X
Yes this was confirmed a while back ago. He's already Vader before the duel. He takes the name as soon as he joins Palpy which is way before he goes behind mask. Even in the trailer, Palpy says "Lord Vader" You hear Vader respond "Yes Master" so obviously he already knows who he is before that.

darthbrowneye
HE HAS TO BE VADER BEFORE THE DUEL.....HE HAS TOO.....THEIR IS NO OTHER WAY!!! rock rock

Nick1989
Lolol. I posted a thread a couple months ago stating that Anakin will be Vader during the Duel, but know one believed me. laughing Happy Dance

Ushgarak
Like I said, again, in my first post here... (sighs...) the basic idea may well be right. But this PARTICULAR link given in this thread tells us nothing new. If we know it is true, it is from elsewhere.

DARTH DADDY
calm down Ush, your going to burst a blood vessel.

PVS
so did you post another thread about how no one believed you?

and another thread describing your feelings on such disbelief?

laughing out loud

:.Space Opera.:
oh jeez. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stunrun
lets get this back up to stop these silly threads

Grand Moff Gav
hasnt anyone seen the tralers on star.com they have the answers all of them

.:Space Opera:.
no......i ahve never seen the trailer

Grand Moff Gav
i belive that perhaps palpy will start calling anikan vader as a ssort of pet name but we all should keep our hats on lets not get excited it only leeds to disapointment hmmmm join the empire were back!!!!!!

cornponious
Star.com doesn't have any trailers. They are an ATM/Debit electronic payment network.

Now, starwars.com has a trailer. And it's a good'ern!

cornponious

Count Doodoo
I think there was a Darth Friday spoiler that said that Anakin is named as vader in a scene after the one where he wakes up. There were other spoilers after that though that contradicted that. I can't remember anything off the top of my head that Darth Friday was wrong about though.

I think that the audio in the trailer was taken from the naming scene, which I think comes later. When it we hear Palpatine say "Lord Vader..." and "Rise", it's while Anakin/Vader is still shackled to the table, and he doesn't rise under his own power -- the table rises with him on it.

This is just my opinion of course, but I trust the Darth Friday spoiler and expect there to be a formal naming scene after the awakening scene.

Grand Moff Gav
in the comp game you do the final duel as anikan so it would make sence that the film is the esame

Jackie Malfoy
I have no doubt in my mind that he indeed will be vader by then!JM

Grand Moff Gav
if u watch the special features disc u see ow practising with haaydeen in the anikan suit not the dv one so that should mean he aint vader did that make sense to any1?

Red Superfly
No.

Grand Moff Gav
thanks im sorry really i am

darthbrowneye
he has to at least been given the name Darth Vader by the time of the duel, he may just not fully embrace it until the very end. but he HAS to be Vader by then, or i'll be very upset!!!! mad ...... stick out tongue

Grand Moff Gav
i think that i good idea is to wait and see

Delfedd
yeah. it would be stupid like if it was like this

Palps: Now that you have the armor, you should become dark lord of the sith
Ani: Nah. I'm married to padme. i wanna go home WHAAA!
Palps: Come on laddie! You can rule the galaxy now!
Ani: but i don't want to master. All i want to do is (stringed instruments rise in the backround a la monty python)
Palps: No no, we'll have no singing in a scene that i'm in!

Wow... i have no idea where that came from.

JKozzy
The suit doesn't make Vader, it's the man... look at Dooku. He was Lord Tyrannous, and he didn't need a spiffy black suit. I wonder if Obi-wan will regard him as Vader, or possibly make fun of his new name to throw him off?

Phoenix2001
k

Grand Moff Gav
what are you on he only got the black suit because he was baddly burned, i he didnt need it to survive then he wouldnt need to ware it. But he would still be called Vader

Xam

Grand Moff Gav
what you ....ing at Xam

evil_anakin
vader is just anakin's sith name.... it does'nt hav 2 do with him falling into a lava.........so he might well be vader wen he fights with obi.......

Grand Moff Gav
thats what i was saying thank you evil ani, or should i call you Lord Vader....

evil_anakin
grand moff..........
how may u know that in the comp game ur anakin.......
i hav the latest dvd of the OT that also has an extra cd, with stuff on the game and movie of episode 3........and in that one the guys clearly states....." and it depends on who u r in the game as might not even end the same way.......

Darth_Nefarus
Okay, this is what I've always thought, and it seems logical. Darth Sidious, because he's insidious. Darth Vader, because he invades the jedi temple, and the seperatist strong hold and destroys everything he can.

Sith Master X
Yeah, he does that with alot of villian names. Tyrannus-> Tyrant.
Grievous ->...well, Grievous. lol

Grand Moff Gav
As ive said before the rank i have is official,so i like other members of the IEAC get special info as you understand i cant shout it from the rooftops but if you want more less puplic info Vist the Upcoming IEAC website when its complete. or PM me but im sworn to seceracy........for now

evil face

Grand Moff Gav
hello im just trying to keep this thread alive

JKozzy
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
hello im just trying to keep this thread thumb up

randi_jedi
Its like, more of a symbolic/metaphorical thing than we think. Palps shows his true face, reveals his true nature, etc when he's fighting. He had been trying to hide his true identity/ies from everyone. Anakin, likewise had been trying to hide all his dark feelings and such from everyone. He was Darth Vadar, but maybe he didn't entirely want to be, the fight was the climax that brought it out almost if not entirely.
2 cents

Lazerlike42
Palpatine tells him that he will from thence on be known as Darth Vader after Mace dies

Naredhel
I thought this was settled as fact?

TheAnimal
hey jp how you holding up?

adamrubin
he was named vader after he killed windu

Grand Moff Gav
this is great i gave this thread extra life yaa

Jedi Priestess
Ahahahaha.........SO I was right even back in November! evil face

Of course PVS called it beforehand so now I owe him 20 bux. Unless Palps turn out to be less than 100.

Grand Moff Gav
palpy is semmy young its the dark side that twisted his face not age

he's about 60-70

Grand Moff Gav
if that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.