How Does Obi-Wan gets Anakin's Lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Obi-Wan_fangirl
I'm sure that all of us Star Wars fans have an opinion on answering the question how does Obi-Wan get Anakins lightsaber for Anakin's son Luke in Episode 4 , because I know that somehow in episode III Obi-Wan manages to get Ankains lightsaber to give to his son Luke in Episode IV , but how does Anakin gives to him before he falls into the lava ? or does Obi-Wan just picks it up off the floor after Anakin fell into the lava pit ? or Does Obi-Wan use the force to get the lightsaber out of the lava , then tears would come out of his eyes thinking he has lost his good friend for ever ? oh well I guess I'll have to find out when the movie comes out . cool big grin

Red Superfly
This is the official script right here:

*Obi-Wan and Anakin mid-way through duelling, stop, as Obi-Wan attampts to "reach out" to his apprentice*

Obi-Wan: "Anakin, stop! Please!"

Anakin: "You don't know the power of the dark side"

Obi-Wan: "Fine. Be that way. Just one question - WTF is that!" - *points*

*Anakin turns around, Obi-Wan snatches his saber and runs*

Obi-Wan: "Fool you! What's with you man? I can't believe you fell for it! Schoolboy error right there!"

Anakin: "Hey, give that back! I can't kill you in Episode 4 unless I have a saber!"

*Obi-Wan teases Anakin, juggling his saber behind his back and above his head as Anakin tries to grab it*

Obi-Wan: "Try and get it, come on"

Anakin: "Give it BACK!"

*Obi-Wan dangles the saber over the edge over some lava*

Anakin: "Don't you dare! Mine!!!"

*Anakin jumps to grab it but falls into the lava*

Anakin: "arrrrgh! I still have a son, he will avenge me!" *burns*

Obi-Wan: "Not if I get there first! oooh you got burned! Cool saber"

dmndleader
lol

darthcraka
.......... ROFL ahahahaha i guess thats one way lol

Jedi Priestess
been discussed already

please use the search button wink

darthcraka
JP jedi gaurdien of the serch button

OB1-adobe
Well Ob1 has it in his hand during the trailer I think

darthcraka
na i think it falls to ground with anikands hand after ani falls in obi picks it up

Red Superfly
Actually, maybe when Anakin is over-powerring Obi-Wan (the bit where Anakin is pushing Obi-Wan down forcing the saber near his face), Obi-Wan monkey-flips Anakin over his head, keeping hold of the saber but sending Anakin into lava.

jedijunky1138
Someones gotta do it! JP does it well.

Jedi Priestess
JP just gets tired of talking about the same things over and over.

darthcraka
i know smile i wasa complementing you smile

darktim1
Here's a theory what if during the duel at the end he swings and anakin falls into lava and rips the lightsaber out of his hand as anakin goes to fall.

kingcoot
Anakin has a history of losing his lightsabre.*

*When Obi Wan finds out, he gets angry with Anakin. Anakin gets angry and wants to battle. That's how it all goes down.

GCG
Obi1 had told anakin that the lightsabre is his life. probably meaning that when he lost it , he lost his life and when luke found it and defeated Veder, it returned his life

jedijunky1138
HUH?

GCG
i'll explain :

Anakin loses the sabre in the duel ;
sabre collected by obi1
anakin's body is kept alive alive by his hatful energies.
anakin is then fully sustaiined by the Vader Suit.
Darth Vader is now fully on the Dark Side because Palpatine saved him.
The sabre is then given to luke by obi1.
Obi1 tells Anakin it was his father's
Vader and Luke clashed in a lightsaber duel that Vader won by ruthlessly severing Luke's sword-hand.

The Emperor began to distrust his once loyal servant. Vader's contact with his son sparked something within him, something the Emperor did not like.

- hence the turning point of Vader going back to life.

In the end after sidious falls down a shaft, his mask and life support removed, Anakin looked upon Luke for the first and last time. He then died, his body disappearing into the light side of the Force.

yeah i know this had absouluty nothing to do with the thread but what i meant is tha life passed on from father to son and back again to the father

bilbofett
JP's right on target.

Superfly.....too funny!

And here's a thought....why don't we wait & see what happens in the movie? Novel thought I know, but it just might work!

PVS
well whats the fun in that? stick out tongue

Londonboy7
Mabey in the Duel hes lready useing a red one...???

Jedi Hat Trick
Or It could be a Pink one coz he's turning from Good to Bad... Blue to red.

Coz really Anakin is Sidious Lil B'th :P

jedijunky1138
Did you SEE the trailer?

Darth Subjekt
ok, if you ever refer to Anakin or Darth Vader using a "pink" lightsaber again, i will stop at nothing to ensure that every bit of blood is beaten from you worthless pathetic body. no i'm just kidding. but seriously,...no, no pink.

i hope to god that youre just kidding. if not..... no no no no

Darth_Decimator
i hope anakin uses both red and blue against obi wan , starting off with blue one , throughout the duel obiwan keeps trying to talk to him to make him stop using the name anakin , then anakin does stop fighting and says "that name no longer has any meaning for me , i am darth vader" (or something to that effect) then he ignites his blue saber AND his brand spankin new red saber and continues the duel during which obiwan cuts off anakins real arm (blue saber) but he continues to fight with even more fire and viciousness with the red saber before taking the plunge , as obiwan is leaving he sees the severed arm with the blue saber and he takes it , thus showing us how he got the saber AND also showing us how obiwan knew that vader was really anakin , you may now all tear my dream to pieces if you wish but i think this would rock

jedijunky1138
You know now that I think of it there has been metion that someone in the movie other than GG uses more than one lightsaber...... I hate to admit it but it could happen. I dont like it but it could.

eleveninches
In the trailer, WIndu is fighting against somebody with a red saber. If anakin kills windu then this could be his saber. Also, the starwars official site has released arkwork pictures of anakin with a red saber.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.