Death Star construction in Webdoc #2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kremzike
I asked a friend about this a while ago. So, in an attempt to bring up something to discuss that hopefully hasn't been brought up before, i'll ask you all what you think.

In the second Ep3 webdoc "One World, Two Movies", during the scene where GL talks to Ty about Anakin's lightsaber, there are shelves behind them. On the top shelf, labled "MISC.", there's an interesting model to the left of the frame. It could possibly be some piece of art, some sculpture for a set, anything. It could also be a model of the beginning stages of construction on the Death Star. It could be the center of the sphere, now being built outward until it reaches a state similar to the Death Star 2, and eventually a complete spherical shape.

It's easier to see that possibility when the video is in motion, but I don't have webspace to host that. I can show you a still, and all of you who have webdoc 2 can check it out for yourself.

mysite.verizon.net/kremzike/webdoc.JPG

Alrighty, then. Discuss.

Morridini
U mean that weird thing in the upperleft corner? I don't think that's the death star, it seems too long.

http://img119.exs.cx/img119/871/deathwhat.th.jpg

Darth_Decimator
i have to agree with morridini what ever that thing is it looks way to stretched out to be the death star in any shape or form

Darth Surgent
Well it is possible, though not likely, that it's a model of an incomplete Death Star.

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/5970/deathstaralpha.jpg

I'll accept it as a possibility, though I'm still hoping that the Death Star's construction won't begin in ROTS.

Darth_Decimator
does anyone here read the eu books ??? there is a book i think its one of the jedi academy trilogy that on the spine of the book there is a pic of a death star in the first stages of construction it looked pretty good i always thought that the DS it ROTS may look like that , ill check out the title of the book and get back to you all in case you may wanna have a look 2

cornponious
I think it's entirely possible.

corn

Xam
i think kremzike may be on to something

jedijunky1138
that pic is too blurry for me to make my assumption.

cornponious
Could this be the surprise at the end?

corn

Morridini
I really hope not. It would just be too stupid.

In case u wonder why I think it's stupid then just read my posts in this thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t309579.html

Sith Master X
Does look a bit stretched out to be the Death Star, but you never know.

darktim1
nope don't think it is.

SomeGuy57
Maybe but not likely and it could fit into the suprise ending. Maybe Vader and Sidious looking at the Death Star in the early stages.

Morridini
But why would they start making the death star 19 years before ANH? It doesn't make sense.

Xanatos
didnt they loose the plans or something

Morridini
Huh, loose their plans?
What are u talking about Xanatos?

Xanatos
In ANH I always though the death star took longer to build duh to the fact that Bail took he plans or something. ( keep in mind I havent seen ANH in 4 years.

Morridini
When they got teh plans it was allready finished. they took the plans so taht they could find a weakness (the exhaust port).

Xanatos
OH ok them my mistake

SomeGuy57
Why does Vader like to rub dogs with Sidious?

cornponious
Ok, I found this on MF.com. Here is what it said:

* Vader's cry of "NO" fades into funeral procession on Naboo follwed by Obi-Wan's arrival on Tatooine follwed by a glimpse of Bail Organa and his wife with Leia and the droids on Alderaan. Vader is then seen suited up and appears with Tarkin and Palpatine on the bridge of a Star Destoryer as the Death Star enters construction.

Now, if that is true, then I would say that thing in the picture could very well be the Death Star in the early stages of construction.

corn

.:Space Opera:.
that would be absotively awesome.

cylob49
so was the death star built from scratch in space?
i guess it wasnt built on a planet and sent off into space
i suppose it needs to start off with something so that could be space scaffolding its attatched to
jesus ive been hanging around here too long!

.:Space Opera:.
yeah it doent matter much.

bILLYgOAT
who built the DS?
was it the genosians or the clones or both?

off topic eu question
forgive my noobness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.