The Manchurian Candidate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sauron
Right, i saw the trailer for this film, and one line is about an explosion in the desert. As we should all know ( stick out tongue ) in the era of the League of Nations, Japan had troops station in manchuria, until there was an explosion on the train lines in the desert, Japan used this as the excuse they were waiting for and invaded manchuria.

Now, is this film about that, or is the explosion in the desert and the 'manchurian' part just a coincidense

Stealth Agent
completley coincedental id have to say. but ive nevr seen that movie or have any idea of what you are talking about.

D-Double
I saw Denzel and the director interviewed on Charlie Rose and it seemed that they took bits and pieces from current events. This is a remake, though. I believe the original was set in World War 1 or 2.

Shaolin Monk
The original Manchurian Candidate movie took place after the Korean War, and the remake with Denzel takes place after the Gulf War. Basically about a government conspiracy, brainwashing soldiers into doing dirty deeds...so that one guy can become President

Darth Sauron
Oh, thanks wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.