Halo 2 [Live] / Clan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Superfly
OK, I'm having a tough time trying to find decent games. The matchmaking option is an absolute joke, it takes too long. I don't have time to sit for ten minutes waiting for the game to load up a match that only lasts 5.

I'd rather find XBox Live gamers on here and add them. We don't have to be a "clan" - just people on the friends list. If it progresses into a clan, then fine, but as of right now, I'd rather try and find good solid gamers up for a good game of Halo 2. Sounds good?

Add me to your friends list-

Gamertag: Red Superfly

*everyone post their Gamertag if they want to be in*

cal31
I'm already in a clan, but if you just wanna play online my gamertag is cal31. I found it really hard to get into games at the beginning, but what I did was whenever I played a match, after it was over, I just sent friend requests to most of the people that also played in the match. Just so you can add a lot of people that you know will be online so you can just join their game instead of having to do matchmaking. That's my suggestion atleast.

BackFire
I used to be in a CS clan, like 5 years ago. It sucks, turns the game into work.

RaventheOnly
I was in a Command and Conquer Generals Clan embarrasment It was a pain trying to save fools from being crushed every second mad

SaTsuJiN
pff I dont have a microphone
I ran over my teammates with my wraith tank cuz they were just standing there not moving and it was a narrow bridge.. so Just pressed turbo and went on my merry way lol

I'd like the term "Play together for fun" instead of clan.. clan has this menacing feel of responsibility to it >_>

Red Superfly
Yeah, I don't like the word "clan" either, but Halo 2 has a habit of shoving the diea down our throats it seems.

I don't like proper clanning. "Proper" clans get stuck up their own asses and become the bane of online society. There are the odd ones who are cool though.

Thorondor
I'll be getting xbl soon so i'll let you know what my handle is in a few days smile

Revan X
i rather be alone sleep

SaTsuJiN
its a nice idea.. but i'd rather it just be a get-together than a clan.... so who's in.. for a 'chill out gaming session' and not a clan >_>

Linkalicious
I have to drill a hole in my wall and run the line from the back of my computer room to my big TV first, but then I'll have X-box Live up and running again. Apparently having a 75ft. ethernet cable sprawled out across your living room floor is considered "tacky"

who'da thunk it?

dark1365
I'll come back here once i get XBL. Hopefully by then, the name "Church" will not be taken.

Red Superfly
That's EXACTLY what I was aiming for.

dave123
I play salo, unless my allies are in the same room as me yes

LordKerrigor
hmmm express your thoughts personally i think it sucks they need to upgrade it

cal31
There's good and bad things about it. For one, if you're a good player and are ranked high, you don't have to worry about playing with the n00bs who team kill and don't know what the hell they're doing. Also if you care about being ranked it is also a very good system. The bad things are you don't have as much freedom to choose what type of game you are playing and it takes along time to get into a game. But Bungie said they are currently working on releasing more search options such as All Slayer, or All CTF, or All Team Slayer, and they also said they are working on fixing how long it takes to join the matches. So it sounds like they are working pretty hard to fix it. I mean if you love Halo, I don't know how you can say Halo 2 on live isn't worth it, you still are playing it online, and just because you don't like the way it is set up before you actually play should'nt ruin it.

Auror Chk
HA! i dont even have xbl lol laughing out loud so looks like im playing by myself no expression please excuse that last comment no expression

SaTsuJiN
Hmmm.... personally I wish they had ditched that whole floating jump BS, because it just winds up getting people killed, that and the fact that I have to actually melee people 3 and 4 times before they friggin die.. I mean gimme a break. Also, sometimes even melee'ing them in the back of the head doesnt kill em in one hit.. I dont know if its lag or they decided "Hey lets screw the people who played Halo1 over! ahahaha!" but it really sux

As for XBL.. I think they still need to tweak a few weapons (or at least heavily tweak the networking..). In one match this guy was going to get me with the sword.. he didnt even get near me, but he lifted his arm up and I died.. I was like What the f**k?

Sex Pistol
A very exciting game, it could have been longer than it was. It was creepier than the first one though, do you think so?

dark1365
Yeah, the plot was damned better.

forumcrew
my xlive tag is: Thisle Thasle look me up!

Linkalicious
xxmaverickxx

Thorondor
My tag is Thor Vor

SaTsuJiN
Tag : Satosa Jin

Morgoths_Wrath
My tag is: CaramelGuitar

This is good, I need to add a few friends anyway I just got Xbox live, and it's a blast I like it alot. Yeah, I don't know what all this clan stuff is about but just playing custom matches for fun is good too!

SaTsuJiN
so everyone up in this thread owns halo2 and plays it on live? or is that assuming too much? o_O

Morgoths_Wrath
well, I'm assuming. I know I do!

Thorondor
I do to smile

Morgoths_Wrath
So are we gonna make a KMC clan or what? I'm all about it!

Thorondor
I'm already in Devil Elite, sorry.

SaTsuJiN
lol not clan.. lets just chill as KMC members smile I'd enjoy that myself

Morgoths_Wrath
fair enough

Arachnoidfreak
Handle: Arachnoidfreak

I'd add people to my friends list, but last time I tried he said he never recieved the request(?) So I haven't tried since. I don't have a microphone, so I can't talk over XBL, but if you want, send me a message and I'd probably join your party or whatever. It's gets boring playing alone all the time.

forumcrew
doesnt live come with the microphone?

Thorondor
It comes with a headset so that's weird

SaTsuJiN
it doesnt have to come with a headset.. Im using the 2 months free card that came w/ halo2.. so I had to purchase my own headset

Morgoths_Wrath
yeah, i dont have a headset yet...I was thinking about going to get one but I'm not sure..I'm tight for cash right now

Morgoths_Wrath
no one else has a Halo2 XBL account?

Arachnoidfreak
laughing That was you that sent me the friends request! Someone named CaramelGuitar messaged me the other day and I just though "wtf?", and now I see that it was you. Funny shit. Anyway, and party invites are gratiously accepted, because playing in a party is much more fun that doing the Optimatch for 15 times in a row.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah i agree, it would be nice to have a KMC shootout.. yes

Morgoths_Wrath
I was gettin pretty frustrated today, I don't know if I just kept getting a bad connection or if there's a problem with the server or whats going on but my games were really choppy and the lobby was too. I quit b/c it was really pissing me off. Anyone else have this problem?

Arachnoidfreak
Yea, with battles that have more than like 12 people, it lags a bit. It happens to me all the time, and I have a cable modem.

SaTsuJiN
yeah I dont know if its because of the amount of people (considering everyone is supposed to have cable modem). Its more like the server not sending back the information that was given to them by our modems. I mean they are hosting several hundred games on one server probably.. although I really dont know what thier setup is.. but they've probably taken note of the lag and are hooking up more servers hopefully smile

Thorondor
It doesn't matter if you have a cable modem it depends on your connection speed, I have 1Meg DSL and have had no problems at all.

Trickster
Tag: Aquamonkey - I'm planning on sending out invites now!

I love the Live games, Big Team battles are so much fun!

I also hate it when people don't talk over live, not sure what thepoint of a team game is when there's no communication!

dark1365
Tag(hopefully not taken, when I activate my account): Church, or dark1365
Friendssad " " " " " " " " " ): (not chosen yet)

Try and invite occasionally. Add me to friends list. Invite Robo-Chocobo, if he wants.

dark1365
Yeah I know. I plan to be a Team leader, and call out the commands. ("FellDUM, haul ass over to the sniper roost. BlueJ, cover him. Take a shotgun, but get something heavy. Here, take the Brute shot. DUM, get a Carbine, in case you run into someone there."
I've played too much Ghost Recon stuff. Oh, well.

dark1365
Re-opening this thread.
Phoenix, hope you're reading this. You too, Robo.
Now, I must add that whoever ACTUALLY WANTS TO JOIN post, not others who think the idea sucks, or whatever.
Come on, people...we really need to organize ourselves.

dark1365
Don't make me beg. sick

Robo-Chocobo
Gamertag: RoboChocobo

Gamertag of phoenix aska : Phoenix Aska

dark1365
Robo, maybe I'll get to play online with you, since I'm going to friend's after classes to set up Xbox Live(He just bought it.)
Im in the Mountain Time, I live in Calgary specifically.
We're going on at around 1 in afternoon(in our time). We'll watch for you and Phoenix.

Robo-Chocobo
I live on the west coast. seattle.

so about 12embarrasmento is when your on?

dang. how about saturday at 3-4?

dark1365
I dunno...I'll check the time zone map thingy I've got.
his tag is probably fierypaws or something. Or another dark.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.