The Spy Who Loved Me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Tired Hiker
I rented all the Bond films on DVD within a two month period of time about two years ago. The one film that stands out as the most captivating Bond film for me was, The Spy Who Loved Me. I feel the love story in The Spy Who Loved Me separates this film from the other Bond films. It was so tragic when The Bond girl gets attacked by those wild dogs. To this day I still can see the images of her running through the woods without a morsel of hope. And the theme song fit the film like no other. So Tragic that she gave her life to help Bond, then paid for it in the end. Anybody else just love this movie???

yerssot
Saw OHMSS?

Reborn Again
The wild dogs sequence happened in Moonraker, not TSWLM. And she didn't "give" her life as you so put it. Bond boinked her and then entered Drax's office, and went through his things. Corinne Dufour only glanced at the clock that held Drax's safe with secret papers. The only reason she was killed was because she supposedly helped Bond, which in reality she didn't. She was seen by Chang, Drax's samurai boyguard exiting Drax's office, who was later killed by Bond.

The Tired Hiker
I don't know about that, I could have sworn the woman was killed by dogs in TSWLM. erm

The Tired Hiker
Okay, what's that? confused

yerssot
I read over that, but yeah, RA has it right. It doesn't happen in TSWLM... most of their time is spend in Egypt

and OHMSS is On Her Majesty's Secret Service

The Redeemer
Did someone mention OHMSS??? Happy Dance

yerssot
I did eek!

Kaleanae
He did

yerssot
totally cool

The Redeemer
Good! Now we're talkin'!!! smokin'

yerssot
in the wrong topic stick out tongue

Reborn Again
Does somebody else smell a stinker? Peeyu! That movie only stands out because Bond gets married... for like an hour before his wife is killed by his arch-enemy, Blofeld, in a drive-by shooting.

yerssot
I thought that was what made OHMSS watchable, the rest I find extremely dull messed

but you gotta admit, RA... the scene after the drive-by shooting is highly emotional

Reborn Again
Only because of the song by Louis Armstrong: "We Have All The Time In The World."

yerssot
and the death of his wife

The Redeemer
Drive by shooting??? eek! Bond IS so influential...Lady Rigg must be so proud!!! smokin'

yerssot
what else would you call it? and it picks up well in RL wink

Mr Zero
The spy who loved me is one of my favourite Bond novels, amazingly put together and moody as all hell - told in the first person from the point of view of the tales "bond girl". It all takes place over one night in a motel...

Didn't think much of the movie tho, which as you can imagine is a little diferent in plot.

yerssot
most of the novels and movies differ a lot... and those of Pierce of course don't have a Flemming novel to base themselves on

Mr Zero
Aye true, but TSWLM is an unusual Bond Nov to begin with, he's not even in it for the first part of the story: and when he does show up he's an anonymous unknown character.

yerssot
there is also one where he has to wait in a tower to snipe someone or something, but I'm not at home in the novels unfortunatly

Mr Zero
Might be thinking of "The Living Daylights" a short story in the Octopussy collection. Which again is a gem of a book for Bond fans - 4 ( i think) short stories. Its the one I give to bond watchers who dont "do" the books.

yerssot
I checked, yup it's indeed TLD...
but there are only 3 short stories in it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.