beast vs thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThaWhiteShadow
Would beast's intelligence and agility manage to help him beat the thing?

Arsenal
No.

jinzin
nope

who?-kid
No.

Havoc470
as much as i like beast

No.

lightaxe
No.

juggernaut74
No.

The Flash
No.

wrathofachilles
Yes.

Oh wait, I mean no. wink

Arsenal
I thought as much.

ayjay
no....wow this is an interesting thread.....*snore

Maelstrom
It took someone as massive as Apoclaypse in the begginging of X-factor to even touch the Beast. He is second in agility only to Spider-man.
I think his intellect and knowledge would help greatly. I doubt the Thing could lay a hand on him. He could easily devise a place to fight the Thing and connect him to explosives. He can lay his hands on you and leave you in trouble.
This is a great fight.

wrathofachilles
I think it would be a good fight, but in the end Thing still takes it. Strapping him to explosives is a bit silly I think. Ben's not going to just stand there.

uQifg2WV
I'd go with beast purely because of agility... and speed... and intelligence... oh yeah an strength.

uQifg2WV
Anyway by the end their both FUBAR.

Havoc470
beasts strength isnt at par or slightly below things strength, his agility is better than spidey's (spidey has acknowledged that before), he would prove a good sport with quick and kick ass maneuvering and give in some good hits, but ultimately thing wins the fight

it would be cool to see though

lightaxe
Beast has strength and all but not on the level of thing, in fact thing would probably bench about 80 tons more than beast would if not more.

wrathofachilles
Beast isn't in Thing's league for strength, and where did Spider-Man acknowledge Beast was more agile, because that's not the case. Spider-Man is superior in that regard.

Wynndar
i agree..though i heard someone say that before...any writer that had spidey say that is an idiot.

wrathofachilles
Probably the same writer who had Punisher kill half the MU, lol.

Tron
I say Beast talks Thing to death about art and physics and Shakespeare, and Ben says f*ck it and bounces.

And Thing is WELL beyond Beast in strength, for those that didn't know. And an explosive? It better be strong enough to take out a city block if it's even gonna scratch Thing.

Havoc470
spidey did say beast was superior in agility, i just dont think anyone knows the character well or likes him much so they'd detest their little eyes out, but spidey did acknowledge it in an xmen comic i'll have to scrounge up the comics for reference, besides that he's been called "master of agility" by a ton of characters in xmen comics and his solo comic

juggernaut74
Beast does obviously have greater agility here and is alot smarter but I dont think he has a chance at all againt Thing. Not many Earthbound heroes do. Beast is strong also but not on Things level. I dont see any way Beast can inflict damage to him. It would be a cool match to see though but Beast will go down.

wrathofachilles
In an X-Men comic. He admitted in through the mouth of an X-Men writer. Doesn't make it so, Spider-Man is THE top agility character in the Marvel Universe outside the cosmic world, and has been since Stan Lee created him (unless you count Speedball, but that's debatable and he's a nobody anyway.) I don't hate Beast, I think he's cool, but Spider-Man is untouchable in the agility department, that's just the way it is. It would be like a Spider-Man writer having Beast admit Spidey was stronger, it's just not correct.

uQifg2WV
Well it is possible that Beast has more agility than Spidey, but Spidey is definately more versitile due to webbing.

Tron
His Spider-sense also makes more agile in a battle also.

Havoc470
spidermans has superhuman strength, reflexes, and equilibrium, while beast has superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, dexterity, and acrobatic prowess

beast is the master of agility, and has sure as hell shown it in comics

spider-sense has nothing to do at all with agility, but it does have to do with reflexes

wrathofachilles
It's been shown Spider-Man is master of agility. He's dodged machine gun fire, twisted in plenty of impossible positions, and according to Mary Jane, does amazing things in bed *that's why he's called the Amazing Spider-Man* You didn't list agility for his powers, when it's well-known that it's his greatest asset, outside his spider-sense. Beast is stronger, but not more agile.

Cosmo Kramer
In one of the more recent Wolverine Mini series Logan and Beast got into a fight resulting in Logan knocking him over sum agility huh?

Havoc470
dodging machine gun fire would have to do with reflexes, twisting in plenty of impossible ways (which i've never seen him do to a rediculous extent) has to do with body contortion not agility, agility would be perfect balance and gracefulness, which obviously spidey has alot of, and beast definitely being the best at it

beast has fought multiple enemies while standing on a finger, spinning, launching himself into the air (with his finger) and backflipping, thats agility....not being able to dodge machine gun fire and twisting your body

wrathofachilles
Reflexes are part of a person's agility, as is twisting one's body. Gracefullness is only a small part of it. Maybe that's the problem, you are perceiving agility differently from myself. All these qualities are included in the agility category, that's why Spider-Man is superior. Dodging machine-gun fire and twisting one's body IS agility.

Havoc470
youre thinking in a smaller scope, when you think of solitary abilities you have to think of strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, and dexterity, now all of these lie within eachothers bounds, but none the less are different abilities

Agility - the gracefulness of a person or animal that is quick and nimble.

Reflexes - involuntary movement. Response to a stimulus.

wrathofachilles
Reflexes in comic terms are related to agility, I'm not talking about medical terminology. Spider-man cannot dodge machine-gun fire based on reflexes alone, he does it because of his agility. Wolverine has just as good reflexes, but nowhere near as good agility, and he's not going to be dodging machine-gun fire. The actual Marvel categories are strength, speed, agility, durability, fighting ability, and intelligence. Reflexes are not a separate category, but included in agility. Spider-Man is level 6 *out of 7 in the old rankings*, the only ones greater are the cosmic characters.

Havoc470
this isnt medical terminology, they're just definitions, saying that theres comic abilities and then theres real life abilities is rediculous

im not one to put references to marvel directory or UXM but in this case i will http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=211

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/spiderman.htm read their powers

Havoc470
or if you prefer to see beasts powers in marvel directory here it is: http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/beast.htm

Havoc470
and i mean this in the sense of strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, and dexterity, not the extent comic book characters use them at

wrathofachilles
The fact remains agility includes reflexes. Spider-Man is not 6 out of 7 in reflexes, he's 6 out of 7 in agility. That's not me making up numbers, that's what Marvel has said. Since 1962 Spider-Man has been TOPS in agility, that's just the way he is. Not simply reflexes alone, but agility.

wrathofachilles
That directory can't be right, it says Beast is only capable of lifting 1 ton. Spider-Man is capable of lifting more than 10...I think Beast is stronger than that.

Anyway, regarding the fighting people while balancing, haven't you seen Spider-Man fight before? He's been known to do that if he's in a jovial mood and playing around with his 'prey.'

Havoc470
i've seen spidey fight, he's never done anything like that, i'd like to see a pic where spidey is fighting upside down standing on one finger against a strong enemy, beast is the master of agility, he has perfect balance, he's the most graceful, i cant give you the issue where spidey acknowledges beasts superior agility because i havent scrounged it up yet, reflexes and agility definitely arent the same ability, the simple definitions i posted prove that

at the time the bio's were made that was beasts strength, but along his history he's shown to have increases in strength, but i dont know if its at par with spidey's

spidey does indeed show great feats of agility, he's still amazing, but imo beast has the superior agility and has shown it even more throughout his comic books http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/covers/image.asp?ID=2200&CAT=cover nothing big but its just a quick cover shot i think is cool

wrathofachilles
No, you posted definitions directly contrary to the way Marvel has always stated it to be. Again, Spider-Man's mastery of agility isn't a topic of debate because Stan Lee has said it for over 40 years. And Spidey has fought like that, I don't know about standing on one finger, though he could, but he's done all sorts of acrobatic flips and fighting upside down and doing handstands with one hand, etc. etc. His agility is exactly what enables him to twist in the air and web-swing the way he does with his limbs in all different inhuman positions. And again, that issue was an X-Men issue, if it was in a Spider-Man issue it would have stated Spidey as the more agile of the two.

who?-kid
Not exactly the same thing, but close enough, I think.

Havoc470
i mean while fighting and no symbiote

that is a good pic though

who?-kid
The symbiote has nothing to do with his agility (or with his other powers). But it's true Beast is agility-wise a true powerhouse. Very few people come close, but Spider-Man is just as agile as Beast.

I really can't name one thing that Beast is able to do, but Spider-Man isn't (except knitting a sweater with your toes).

Havoc470
he has bigger hands and feet which enable superior agility, he's been like that since he was born, while spidey got his powers maybe around late-teens, nothing i've read expresses spidey has superhuman agility, if there is please direct me towards it

saying those definitions hold no weight in the marvel universe is just rediculous, sure its just a comic book, but i dont know how many times i've read of character abilities within the scope of strength, speed, endurance, reflexes, agility, and dexterity by definition

Wynndar
Beast having bigger hands and feet certainly doesnt give him an edge considering Spiderman's "sticky" power allows him to stick over a ton to a single finger.

Havoc470
sticking to anything has nothing to do with agility, having bigger hands and feet does seeing as they enhance balance under weight and in speed

wrathofachilles
Having bigger hands and feet mean nothing agility-wise, nothing whatsoever. Hulk has much bigger hands and feet than Spider-Man but he's not agile. Most characters in the Marvel Universe have bigger hands and feet than Spider-Man, again, means nothing. And like who said, the symbiote does not determine his agility. I have about 500 or so Spider-man comics, he's balanced like that plenty of times, but there's no way in hell I'm looking through all of them to find a picture that should be common knowledge. Besides, I don't have a scanner, lol.

Havoc470
either way, i said while fighting, agility is more of perfect balance within motion, and yes having big hands and feet does help agility, other characters have big hands and feet but they arent agile because thats not their meaning, and of course hulk doesnt only have big hands and feet, the rest of his body makes it scaled to his feet and hands, beast has big hands and feet with a normal sized build (wide girth of course)

regardless of who actually is more agile, i parkour all the time and i think beast is more agile, he may not be on paper but from what i've experienced of both characters i consider beast to be superior in agility

anyway, thing definitely wins lol

wrathofachilles
You parkour all the time? Is that some new slang term that I haven't heard about, lol? You should see Spidey fight Hulk some time, you'll see all sorts of agile acrobatic moves. They don't do much good, but they look pretty on paper.

Havoc470
lol, parkour is urban street climbing

yeah i've seen spidey fight hulk

wrathofachilles
Is that named after Peter Parker? Lol, I know nothing of urban street climbing, but I know Spider-Man's urban street climbing is a bit more complicated than normal humans doing it. Unless you've been bitten by a radioactive spider, and if so, damn you! I've tried for years and I just keep getting bitten by regular ones...

Havoc470
lol, no its french for i think urban obstacle or something, i could be wrong

my homepage is a site me and a few friends made messing around, it has a few parkour pics and a video of one of our friends

JuggernautMania
Beast

Flyattractor
Does Beast still look like a Horse?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
Beast

rolling on floor laughing

What's Hank going to do bore Ben to death? NOT going to work; Reed is much more boring.

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by Tony Stark
rolling on floor laughing

What's Hank going to do ?

win

StiltmanFTW
Hank has a really hard time winning anything.

Tony Stark
win

Hank is quick but, he is only as quick as an Olympic ape per say and he's only CL10 strength wise; while Ben is mid CL100 and he's smacked around much faster guys than Hank. Hank can't truly hurt Ben and he is KO'd quickly.

zopzop
How is this still open? Thing 10000000000000/10.

Magic Joe
I don't see any form of logical argument to be made on how Beast can put Ben down.

Raptor22
Hank is quick but, he is only as quick as an Olympic ape per say and he's only CL10 strength wise; while Ben is mid CL100 and he's smacked around much faster guys than Hank. Hank can't truly hurt Ben and he is KO'd quickly. how much quicker is an Olympic ape than a normal ape?

Stoic
I don't think that hank is actually class 10, I would place him more at class 2 unless I've missed something. If he was class 10 how would he have been KO'd by a Gorilla? I mean since when are Gorillas Class 10-15 or better? In a forum battle a character like the Thing would have a huge AOE in the form of a thunder clap. I can see this offsetting Hank's speed advantage. I don't see Thing losing this.

Tony Stark
CL10 is a strength rating (around 10 tons) which has nothing to do with ones durability.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Raptor22
how much quicker is an Olympic ape than a normal ape?

I'd say the difference would be similar to an average athlete and an Olympic athlete.

DarkSaint85
I'd say the difference would be similar to an average athlete and an Olympic athlete.

But which Olympic athlete?

An Olympic athlete from Guatemala, or one from the US?

A swimmer or a gymnast?

Winter Olympics or Summer Olympics?

An Olympian from the 60s or present day?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But which Olympic athlete?

An Olympic athlete from Guatemala, or one from the US?

A swimmer or a gymnast?

Winter Olympics or Summer Olympics?

An Olympian from the 60s or present day?

I'd say an American athlete... He is an American.

Juss sayn'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

DarkSaint85
What about the gorilla? Is he American too?

And are you comparing him to an Olympic athlete from the past, or present day? And from which sport? Male or female?

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Thread hijacked for good...

Tony Stark
What about the gorilla? Is he American too?

And are you comparing him to an Olympic athlete from the past, or present day? And from which sport? Male or female?

I would say more so an Olympic chimpanzee not a Olympic gorilla. Because they're quite a bit more athletic. And we'll go with an African Olympic chimpanzee for diversity sake.

DarkSaint85
Then Beast is rubbish in agility terms. Olympic athletes from Africa don't do well in gymnastics. He'll be a good marathon runner...

Tony Stark
Then Beast is rubbish in agility terms. Olympic athletes from Africa don't do well in gymnastics. He'll be a good marathon runner...

Ahhhhhhhhhh... But, when was the last time you saw an African Olympic chimpanzee athlete doing their floor routine?

JuggernautMania
Hank is quick but, he is only as quick as an Olympic ape per say and he's only CL10 strength wise; while Ben is mid CL100 and he's smacked around much faster guys than Hank. Hank can't truly hurt Ben and he is KO'd quickly.

Olympic ape? but there are different kinds of olympic apes. or do you mean an Ape from olympus?

strength doesnt matter when beast claw his eyes out with his claws.

maxivitopowe
Did you just say African monkey?

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Did you just say African monkey?

well considering there are monkeys in africa i dont see the problem here.

Tony Stark
Olympic ape? but there are different kinds of olympic apes. or do you mean an Ape from olympus?

strength doesnt matter when beast claw his eyes out with his claws.

I would say more so an Olympic chimpanzee not a Olympic gorilla. Because they're quite a bit more athletic. And we'll go with an African Olympic chimpanzee for diversity sake.

^^^^^^^^ See above "African Olympic Chimpanzee athlete"

JuggernautMania
^^^^^^^^ See above "African Olympic Chimpanzee athlete"

Male of Female Chimpanzee

Tony Stark
Male of Female Chimpanzee

We'll say male.

JuggernautMania
from which sport exactly? is it a marathon Chimpanzee or power lifting Chimpanzee ?

Tony Stark
from which sport exactly? is it a marathon Chimpanzee or power lifting Chimpanzee ?

That would be an Olympic male Chimpanzee Gymnast who specializes in all events floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vault, parallel bars, and the high bar.

StiltmanFTW
Who was the chimp's trainer?

JuggernautMania
That would be an Olympic male Chimpanzee Gymnast who specializes in all events floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vault, parallel bars, and the high bar.

then beast is too fast for thing to tag. unless you can prove that thing can tag an Olympic male Chimpanzee Gymnast who specializes in all events floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vault, parallel bars, and the high bar.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Who was the chimp's trainer?

Mr. Gymkata Kurt Thomas of course

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.