Hulk vs. The Human Torch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
blowupO.k. Torch is real powerful. But he's not that powerful. Thor survived a nucular blast. It stands to reason Hulk would be as unfazed or more. An average Nuke is 10 times the temp. of the surface of the sun.
Isn't Johnny's nova blast the temp. of the surface of the sun?
Anyhow, after a few well placed leaps Hulk smashes!

Nataku8188
It's been said hulk can't survive a direct nuclear blast.

Wynndar
but he has...and Gamma bombs too

wrathofachilles
When has it been said? Because it's been SHOWN that he can. Hulk wins this, Torchy just can't keep it up to put Hulk down. He'd burn a hole in Hulk's chest, but it wouldn't stop him, just piss him off.

Wynndar
Torch would have to maintain his Nova intensity to stand a chance...Hulk has snuffed Torch's flame...when Torch's power was increased after Inferno he would have been a match for Hulksta.

emraldguardian
Maestro(the strongest version of the Hulk) wasnt able to survive a direct blast from a gama bomb so why do yall think regular Hulk can?????

DiViNe diFiNIty
nothin can compare to the hulkster he dominates everything

Wynndar
Grey Hulk survived a gamma bomb, the weakest incarnation of Hulk...Maestro was caught right in the middle of a gamma bomb, but he actually survived...He is not necessarily the strongest version of the Hulk...he was the strongest version of Professor Hulk, post Onslaught and War versions of Hulk are arguably stronger though.

Linkalicious
wouldn't it be interesting if the Torch could turn the flame around him nova for an extended period of time. Sort of like how Goku used the Kaioken technique.

and YES, i'm aware DBZ is gay.

wrathofachilles
Are you? Are you really? lol

Is Torch's power still at the post-Inferno level?

lightaxe
Couldnt the Hulk just continue to heal and eventually kill Torch, im sure he'll get mad enough eventually.

wrathofachilles
Yeah he would heal. Torch could burn a hole into him but Hulk has never let silly things like holes in his chest or burned off skin or anything get in the way of a good ass-kicking. He'd reach Torchy before Johnny could kill him and then it's lights out.

Wynndar
torch can maintain the white hot Nova power, he does it all the time...its jus that when he gets that hot he cant be around his teammates u know...he was only in his post inferno state for a half dozen issues...when he was in that state he flew through the planet Mars...he also was abondoned in the middle of outer space by Kang and survived until Silver Surfer found him some time later.

wrathofachilles
In all of immense space and the vastness of the cosmos, Silver Surfer just happened along to find Johnny? Lol, how nice.

And how long since Johnny can maintain the Nova status, because a few years ago when he turned on his nova flame, he could only do it for a few moments and after that it weakened him and was unable to flame on for awhile after that.

Wynndar
he was on his way to help Mantis who was having a conflict with Kang, but while in the solar system he could sense that something had been going on in the vicinity of the Torch, Kang had actually moved the planet Mars or something.

wrathofachilles
Whatever happened to Kang? He's on par with Doom in the crazy genius hierarchy but he doesn't seem to be in the top tier of villains. He's not used as much as he could be.

IRTMU-Dragon
I smell me some Hulk-Fanboyage in here.
As soon as Torch does his Super-Nova, Hed be able to do more than burn a hole through him.

And since WHEN has hulk ever had an actual hole burnt through him? If you damage his heart or brain he cant heal, a few good burns here and there.

Cant torch fly? Yea. He can, how does the hulk catch him? When he jumps he doesnt have much control other than flying real fast forward, he cant really manuevar to grab... itd be like a dog trying to catch a fly with its paw, a perfectly healthy fly.
Id like to know why you guys think Torch would just stand around and let himself get clobbered, Id think he would blast him from WELL far away.

Now Howard the Duck... hed be pulling some major owange over on hulks green ass.

IRTMU-Dragon
Also, I do believe from some pics from the other threads, Gladiator burned a nice hole in hulkie.

Tron
Actually, Hulk has caught faster guys in the air, I'm sure they'll fill you in on it though.

Wynndar
yea he caught Jack of Hearts...It would be a good fight...i honestly think Torch has a better chance against Hulk than Mags.

IRTMU-Dragon
Whats so special about him catching Jack of Hearts? His flying is shitty, at least Torch can attack people why he flies, doesnt Jack have to like... Use his hands to fly?

wrathofachilles
Hulk has had all of his skin melted off before, trust me, he's used to burn-marks.

muffin man
hulk feel the burn. cause i think johnny storm will out manoeuvre you and burn you dammit

Horrificus
You guys are so goofy.
Hulk is not omnipotent! He is just really, really strong.
I love Hulk, but he is a cheesy character.
Torch would win.
He isn't just fire. Look into his profile.
And, can Hulk grow another head if it gets burned off?! If his heart is blown out, how does his body move the materials around to heal?
If Torch floats out of reach, is it definite that Hulk will be able to make contact with him, or are the chances better that Torch can stay out of reach and broil him. Torch could just melt the earth beneath Hulks feet.

In other words, Hulks options are more limited than Torches.

JOE NUNEZ
the hulk could tunder clap and take the torch out with hurricane like winds.......let me try to find the pic i have it but have to look trew 2000 comics......

guy222
Hulk

SuperiorTech
Torch goes down hard hulk has put him out with a thunderclap before and has taken his nova blast twice.

Nod
Originally posted by guy222
Hulk

Bouboumaster
Hulk already smash him, I don't know how many time in the past.

Now, after World War Hulk, I think that he would do it again, just quicker.

Smells like Hulk haters there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.