Silver Surfer vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gautam
Who wins SS or Supes

supremthor
SS wins because his faster and more powerful but if he slips and lets superman get close enoughth to hit him it over

Havoc470
this has been done

asana
SS wins by far
he is like a god
he has comistic power
faster than superman

wrathofachilles
He's not a god, not even close. And yeah, this thread has been done not once, not twice, but at least three times.

Anyway, if Surfer uses his power cosmic to absorb the sunlight from Supes' system, he wins. If not, Superman wins.

supremthor
true

norrin radd
if surfer uses his power cosmic to absorb the sunlight from supes he wins, if not he wins, if he let supes get close enough he wins. hands down

joeboro1
i don't think ss can absorb as fast as sm can recharge especially if he is close to a sun. ss could only run away. at close range sm wins, at hit and run tactics draw.

norrin radd
great tactic joeboro, oh wait SS can absorb the sun.

supremthor
socan dr light she did so once and it was a black sun.................wait that was pre-crisis and this has nothing to do with SS..........by the way Surfer has never shown the power needed to absorb the sun reson being he cant

crazyspinz
im pretty sure he has done that before

superman is only stronig in a yellow sun, just like neo is only strong inside the matrix, so anywhere with out a yellow sun supes gets owned. and even in yellow sun area SS just needs to pick up a rock and turn it into kryptonite, and yes he can do it

wrathofachilles
Well in a system with a red sun whats the point in even fighting, Superman would be just a normal person. And norrin, is your 'he wins' Surfer in all scenarios, because that's not accurate. If he doesn't absorb Superman's power, he's not going to win.

crazyspinz
dude, surfer is faster , not quite as strong, but way more powerfull. and he could turn the moon into kryptonite if he wanted

wrathofachilles
Yeah it also depends on the incarnation of Superman, since Pre-Crisis was light-years *literally* faster than Supes now. Surfer is not going to turn the moon into kryptonite because that would result in destroying much of life on Earth, he doesn't fight that way.

terror_child3
he's got a good point there. SS has a weak spot for the people.... but then again so does SM. tough call

supremthor
i will really like to seesuperman go bad like killing luis and smiling bad

norrin radd
he can

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
You mean 'Lois?' I don't know any Luis in Superman comics, lol.

I know we've had this discussion a hundred times before, my poins is just that, Surfer doesn't turn people into statues. I don't recall him ever doing that. This fight is going to take place as such: they fight it out physically and if Superman goes all out *Surfer is not equally strong* he can knock Surfer unconscious. If Surfer realizes he's getting outfought physically, then he will try to absorb the sunlight out of Superman's body or blast him with a power cosmic, but he's not going to just turn him into a statue or swiss cheese or turn the moon into kryptonite. The scenarios Surfer-people come up with would never happen. In a straight-up physical fight, it's a tough one to call.

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
Yeah, but two things: Carnage was a serial killer maniac, not a protector of Earth. Also he only did it after he experienced the feelings and desires of the symbiote. He was scared and didn't want to allow that creature to hurt anyone. Loki isn't 'below' Surfer, he's much more intelligent *he manipulated him.* He doesn't wield the power Surfer does, but again, he's much craftier.

I don't know what I would call Surfer. 'God-like' I guess, since he's not technically a god. He is immortal though isn't he? Galactus is 'god-like' as well, though I imagine he's a 'god' somewhere in the cosmos. Surely someone worships him. Odin isn't above Galactus, of course not, he's just capable of hurting him and sending him home.

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
He has trouble with any manipulator. Loki is right up there with Mephisto in that aspect. Both of them have outsmarted him, thus it's feasible to argue that they're smarter than him from a battle standpoint. Not to mention the fact that they're both millennia older than he and have a great deal more experience.

norrin radd

Bardock42
It doesn't matter anyway cause Superman is just not nearly as smart as Loki or as manipulative for that matter, and saying Silver Surfer wouldn't use that kind of power just leads this whole thread ad absurdum, sure Supes wouldn't hurt SS since he is nice to people and SS doesn't do anything to SM cause he protects the earth (that would be an interesting fight wouldn't it) Silver Surfer isjust way more powerful he is faster too and he surely would at least use his cosmic beams and why shouldn't he take a stione and turn it into kryptonite (except if he doesn't know what it is or does) and even if he didn't he still beats superman, it would be a whole different thing if t was pre-crisis supes that would be a decent battle.

who?-kid
They're BOTH extremely fast, so I don't think it will make much difference. Same with strength.

I only vote for Superman because he's the better fighter in my opinion (Surfer is cool, but I wouldn't put him in my top ten list of the best fighters. Hmm, make that the top 40 list).

Havoc470
imo silver surfers fighting ability is alot better than supes, he may not be one of the best fighters but he'd probably knock out most of the fighters in the list

norrin radd
what? superman a better fighter, lol. lets be realistic both surfer and supes are not great fighters, both are pacifists. surfer was a scientist, and supes never learn kung fu in smallville. this guys start learning to fight when they become superheros, and one guy that is fighting trough the universe against a guy who mostly only fights one earth, who do you think has learn more?

who?-kid
I think Superman is the better fighter because he's been around for a much longer time and because he uses his brains while fighting. So does Surfer, I know, but I always considered Superman as a somewhat cunning fighter with an innocent face.

A bit like me lol.

Havoc470
the heroic back-stroke punch wont get you anywhere though lol

supremthor
superman has also batted with the gods for over a thousand years with Wonder woman

Havoc470
really, what gods?

norrin radd
pff thousand of years, are we counting grandpa supes in this fight?

supremthor
i not kiding its was a superman comic.superman was talking to wonerwoman when DC version of thor summoned to help fight an army demons from hell. in asgard superman never aged.he fought with thor and wonder woman for a few hundred years until thor was killed and superman gained his hammer. after about a thousand years of fighting superman defeated the demon king sending it army back to hell.the real ****ed up part was he never killed and thor came back after the war was over

Havoc470
O_o...............thats probably the worst story i've ever heard

Bardock42
You are right Supremethor, I have that Comic, and Havoc you are right to it was probably one of the worst storylines ever (one of the btter Superman comics though), but I don't know Silver Surfer that good but just for how long has he been the herald of Galactus before he became this Superheroe, and doesn*t he fight against tons of Alien Invaders alone, I rtemeber one JLA comic whemn There was an Alien invasion about to happen and the whole JLA was afraid and alarmed every Superheroe on earth (I think it might have been a Green Lantern Comic cause he was Ion in it and took the threat out on his own)but still.

asana
man i have to go wit ss on dis one
superman is da man but

Lorac
superman is gone at this fight. even at close combat surfer would match superman's strength, surfer has shown more power when made mad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.