For those of you who have a Return of the Jedi CD and the EpIII trailer download...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DirectorFitz
This works very well...

At the point in the trailer where the screen blackens, before The Emperor says, "Lord Vader," play the part in ROTJ when Luke lets his rage out to Vader. At the part where it's about to get heavy. It goes so well, with the rest of the trailer...

Sith Master X
I didn't know that piece of Music was on the ROTJ CD. What is it called?

moonwalker741
wait i'm confused... huh
i dont know what your talkign about

LandoSpeeder
He is saying that in the trailer when it's black right before the emperor says "Lord Vader" play the music from Return of the Jedi when Luke is going crazy fighting with his father. I'm pretty sure.

moonwalker741
oh, too bad i dont have the cd

Sith Master X
Fitz, what's the title of that piece of music?

PVS
can someone edit the trailer?
i would really like to check that out

dont make me do it stick out tongue

.:Space Opera:.
ummm, the only part in any star wars movie where a full score is behind a lightsaber fight. the part after darth makes fun of lukes sister and luke says: "DARTH!" and then the music starts.

LandoSpeeder
I can't edit it.

(1) I don't have the ROTJ CD
(2) I have no clue how to edit a movie/trailer that I didn't make.

PVS
actually, luke says "NO!"

Darth Subjekt
actually, he says, "NEVER!" (subtitles) wink

oddjob02
He actually says "Darth!"
I ahve four version of the original trilogy and a copy of the ROTJ script, IM ashamed to see you, who always thinks he is right to be oh so wrong PVS.

I nahve never posted, no reason to, until now. What a newbie mistake. PVS!

Sith Master X
Wow, I need to watch this for myself now and pay close attention to what he said.

Yes I've seen ROTJ about 1,000 times, but I never really payed attentioned to that. I always thought he said "No!"

moonwalker741
actually he says "CHEESE"

you guys call your selves star wars fans..geez

stick out tongue stick out tongue

Darth Subjekt
he says NEVER, look at subtitles and/or listen close...why would he say darth? tell me if this makes sense, ."if you wont turn to the darkside, then perhaps she will."....."DARTH!"...that doesnt make sense noob. its "never."

LandoSpeeder
laughing laughing

Stunrun
Its called Leia is injured/the duel begins - something like thatwink

You know I'm glad u bought this is up. Ive said since February 2003 that this music should be played on the first trailer, and i tried it last week, its spectacular!!

PVS
how tragically gay laughing

Stunrun
Darth!?confused

1. why the f*** would he say darth!?
2. He did say no! thats common knowlege manroll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
darth subject wins the prize

i stand corrected

luke says "NEVER!!!!"

i just checked the DVD subtitles. and thank you to everyone who DIDN'T go on a gay fanboy fit.

JKozzy
..except he doesn't. You DO know they can make changes to the script, right? He says "never".

JKozzy
Meh, it's okay, doesn't match up as "heavy" as I expected. It's the "Battle of Endor 2" track, for anyone searching. Try around 5:03 in the music.

Sith Master X
Yep, I just watched it, and now that I payed close attention, he did say "Never." smile

PVS
we learn something new every day dont we wink

i learned 2 things today

1-luke says "NEVER"
2-oddjob02 needs to burn his script and get a life

*in best whiney fanboy voice impression*
"i have 4 copies of the OT and the original script and a collection of george lucas's toenail clippings...i'm the bestest fanboy that ever was" roll eyes (sarcastic)

LandoSpeeder
Yaeh, now I'll go tell everybody.LOL!

Stunrun
Never!! ofcoarsestick out tongue

btw - could someone edit the picture on my sig and make Anakin's saber a bit more vibrant - would appreciate itwink

PVS
i dunno about that dude.
you would be better off to use the original image of anakin,
since you already took his color out and used a texture filter.

JKozzy
*gets back on topic*

Alright, tweaked it with my editing software, converting and posting momentarily, it synched up a bit better in there smile

PVS
cool big grin looking forward to it

Stunrun
well i got the image from TFN fan art achive, and it looks exactly like that \/ \/

Stunrun
actually i do have a much larger image including obi-wan on the left. How do i get pictures up?

*back on topicsmile*

JKozzy
The editing is done, I've encoded it in Quicktime for consistency sake.

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=56DAC1116405A05A5228BC762EF284EB

smile

Stunrun
Thats fricken way better!stick out tongue nicely done JKwink

Stunrun
When i posted in this forum i seriously thought fitz read my mind. I was the first one to come up with that ideabig grin

Sith Master X
Won't play the music for me. sad

JKozzy
Update Quicktime, it's encoded in MPEG-4.

Sith Master X
Is there anyway you can post that music (The part where Luke flips out on Vader) for window's media or quicktime for me Kozzy so I can save it?

Stunrun
go on star wars kids, and go on the "match the music with the scene" LOL, an insert of the music is on the OT game

Sith Master X
Oh yeah. Thanks Stunrun.

Darth Subjekt
thanx man, thats dope as hell. I love that music. i wish you caould hear the sound effects from the trailer too, but im not picky...its still awesome!

Stunrun
best SW music ever IMHO. Kinda brings a tear to the eye, however sad that soundsstick out tongue

Sith Master X
Oh definitely!!! It's the best piece of music I've heard. Without a doubt, my favorite.

Stunrun
when i listen to it, i think of Anakin's turn to the darkside. Tragicsad

Sith Master X
I'm praying that some of this music is used for the showdown between Obi-Wan and Anakin in ROTS.

Stunrun
I forgot who mentioned it but somone said the imperial march theme when Han is put into Carbonite should be played when Anakin is forcing Obi-Wan's lightsaber down on him (in your sig) that would be sweetwink

Sith Master X
Oh that would be sweet!

JKozzy
Indeed it would be yes

GCG
i am gonna have to wait until tommorrow to see that J. Kozzy

LandoSpeeder
How do you edit that kind of stuff JKozzy?

I thought it was cool but it's too slow to get the crowd real excited.

lucasfilm
why the hell would he say darth?
until i got the dvds i never know what he said
"AARRGGFFFF!!!!" anybody?
well that night, i found out.... nevaaarrr!!!

the music sounds sort of strange without the hums and shocks of the sabers though

and great job by the way Jkozzy~!!!! love the horns when the ship explodes at the end, and how it turns all dark when palps shows up!

nicely done!!

JKozzy
Thanks big grin I hope we get more footage soon so I can really just make my own, instead of matching music yes

eXSBass
JKozzy...I love you man! stick out tongue

Seriously, i'm going top take your idea and touch it up a little.
Touch up the quality as well. Should be up by Monday.

The way I would like to see it is "Lord Vader" then Vader's line then "Rise". Then the music should appear.
But i'm also going to add new footage of Anakin and Obi Wan fighting. You may have seen it before.
It's this one.
http://s15.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=8F4096FBBB7C7C370B398A18D32B09EC

GCG
Nicely done Jkozzy

Stunrun
i played Michael Jackson's Earth song over the trailer LOL
it kinda worked ok actuallywink

.:Space Opera:.
LOL

Stunrun
also listen to "The Emperors Throne Room" on the ROTJ soundtrackwink
theres a part half way through where i get an image in my head of Vader and Palps looking down on there army, its awesomewink

DirectorFitz
Actually...when i play it...i can hear the music and the sound effects....and it goes so well with all the bangs...and right when the emperor says rise and the music starts....it gave me chills....

On a side note: this music also goes with the scene where Obi-Wan let's out his rage on Darth Maul...

LandoSpeeder
I can't figure out how to edit the trailer. someone pleas tell me.

Sith Master X
Well do you have any editing software to begin with?

JKozzy
Better quality MPEG version:

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=BD334812D6A04E11F1DA70B43167CD29

JKozzy
Good luck big grin

The quality was crappy since I decided to re-encode back to Quicktime, oh well. I posted the MPEG version, better quality by far. Also, I have seen that file, only I also have a bit longer version. smile

eXSBass
JK, can you PM me the longer file then so I can edit the trailer. PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!

GCG
My favourite part is the following pic

Jkozzy must be on the LFL payroll

LOOK ; HE's the EDITOR ! laughing out loud

JKozzy
I've been found out ninja

SithNinja
Almost as cool as the Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon thing!

Please tell me you've tried that!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.