Who would have thought

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Walfredo
So I went to Toys R Us for the first time in a long time and had all the flash backs of being younger and picking up sega games. I saw that they were selling demon stone on XBox for $30 which was really cool. I think I might go back and pick it up. I was in the mindset that when you buy games you go to EB or Gamestop. Where do you guys get your games?

SaTsuJiN
lmao.. you could always buy video games at toys R us.. thats even before EB or gamestop got popular... currently I get them from EB or gamestop.. but I'll get them at toys R us if its convenient

how old are you? I been getting video games from toys R us since the 1980's

Shaolin Monk
ebgames is my choice...if i don't feel like driving an hour, then i order them...just cause they always have great promotions, and free shipping on certain items on certain days

Phoenix Aska
I hate EB games...

I get mine at GameCrazy or Best Buy...

I don't like used games...they suck....

Walfredo
Yeah, I know you could always buy games from Toys R Us, I guess I just outgrew the store. Since EB and the others popped up in malls it was a lot easier. But you know I was surprised by Toys'R'Us, they really had some good video game deals like that demon stone(they actually have Second Sight for $14.99 which is a great deal as well). The last time I remember going there for video games (I did go once for board games because they have a ton) was when Sega was out (which instantly pops Altered Beast into my head, lol), but I just remember looking at the games through the plastic cases....hilarious...:-)

edwinian
man..that totally bums me out that Demon Stone is now 30 bucks when I paide full for it..i def. recommend getting that game

and i will have to check out TRU if they really do have better deals..i usually just go there for my neice.

Shaolin Monk
Why don't u like EB Games? They have some of the best promotions out there. A lot of popular gaming websites partner with them on sales because they know EB will kick their butts in sales if they don't...not to mention games getting shipped the day before they are released, so you are guranteed to have the game the day it is released in stores.

So I am just curious as to why you "hate EB games"...

eleveninches
I often trade in my old games for money off when buying new ones

SaTsuJiN
lol yeah ebgames is kinda bad.. one time I wanted to get KoToR for xbox.. they made a deal with me and gave me a beat up cover and a brand new disc.. I was like -_-... I only got like 5 dollars off.. I was like "yeah.. thanks.." game still worked perfectly but a mint condition cover would have been lovely as well

Walfredo
Thats kinda the same way I feel about EB Games. Yeah they have used games and you can sell yours back but a lot of the used games are really beat up and not at that good of a price.

At Toys'R'Us I was surprised to see a lot of deals on brand new games (condition and release)... thats what was so cool. They had this one thing where a PS2 was packaged with GTA: San Andreas and I think a Tony Hawk game. You don't see that very often. And I got to see the stacks of baseball cards like back in the day when for my birthday I got a box of Upper Deck Cards...heh. Still brings a smile to my face...

JLred
I prefer to go to EB games, because as said earlier, they have great promotions!!

eleveninches
blockbuster/gamestation is the place i like to go to trade in old games/dvd's for cash/money-off

Walfredo
I've never been to a gamestation. Don't even know what it is? Of course I didn't know much about Toys'R'Us anymore and that surprised me.... Does blockbuster give you any better deals than other places?

eleveninches
blockbuster does the same thing as gamestation (i think, as the first gamestation store i went to was actually inside the blockbuster store)

Walfredo
Thats a little bizarre, are you saying it started with blockbuster and then became its own store?

Do you guys even have all these places by you? I know where I use to live I only had an EB so I didn't have much of a chocie. But now I got EB., Gamestop, Blockbuster, and Toys'R'us... much better.

Shaolin Monk
I order all my games from EB, or if I'm in Santa Rosa (nearest city with a mall) I will check out the EB store there...We have a Blockbuster, but I have never bought a game from them...closest Toys'R'Us is like 2 hours away...closest Gamestop I have no idea, closest is prolly in San Francisco

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.