Rogue Squadron games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ArthasKnight
'Scuse me if this has already been done, I'm a bit new, but I'm curious.

Out of all three Rogue Squadron games, which is the best? I myself like Rogue Squadron the best (N64). Rebel Strike has the foot missions, which I find to be really stupid, and Rogue Leader is too short despite it following the trilogy pretty closely. Rogue Squadron has completely original missions and a low amount of Crix Madine (gah, I can't stand him!). All that and it's old school Rogue.

What do you think?

Darth_Decimator
i agree , the original on 64 was indeed the best , i found with the gamecube titles while they looked awesome the games themselves were just no where near as good as rogue squadron , rogue leader was great 2 tho , but no where near as long as it shouldve been , but rebel strike was shite , the onfoot stuff sux ass as does 99% of all th missions 2 , they tried to make it all different with lots of variety but that was definetly not the way to go they changed everything that made the first 2 games so great in the first place , at first it was good getting to pilot numerous vehicles during a mission but noiw it just plain sux , there was just no lastability with rebel strike , i played it heaps when i first got it but once i finished it it got thrown on the pile never to be played again , i no longer have my 64 but if i did im sure that i would be still playing rogue squadron , i played that game all the time you could always go back over and over and just have a blast at it , for the next RS game they need to go back to basics and look at that first 64 game and look at what made it so great , stick to that cut out all the numerous vehicle changing and the terrible on foot missions , maybe chuck in a rebel/imperial option , id love to control a star destroyer and have a blue with some mon cal cruisers over endor stick out tongue , well thats my 2cents

ragesRemorse
How can you say that Rogue squadren was better than Rogue leader? I mean, Leader was everything that Squadren wasnt. The graphics, the gameplay and missions were better, especially the gameplay. You also got more ships. Guess it is just me. Rebel strike was terrible due to the on foot missions, nice idea, but terrible execution. As for all the different scenerio's thrown in, like the speeder, and such well that was neat, but diddnt improve enough to give us anything new, just made things worse with the on foot missions, but Rebel strike pretty much had all the missions of rogue leader, that was cool.

I think ounce they improve the walking gameplay it would be a nice and entertaining addition to the game. I hate it when developers stick to basics all through out their sequals, it just makes it to tired, i like the fact that they are trying new things to keep the series original and fresh, that shows potential staying power, as long as they can improve with what they started.

Morridini
I liked Rogue leader best, then comes Rogue squadron and Rebel Strike last.

ArthasKnight
Well, yeah the graphics were better but just because it was on a different system. Now, if you put Rogue Squadron on GC or Leader on N64 then you have a whole new story. The graphics would be the same for one, control of the ships (which did change between games) would be the same, everything except the missions would be the same.

Now, I'm not saying Leader was a bad game, I'm just saying Rogue Squadron was a better one. Leader was way too short and the missions themselves (aside from Battle of Endor, that missions rules) were very short. I mean, look at Razor Rendezvous. A gold medal needs like, 1:20. That's way too short for a mission. You want a challenging mission? Look at Raid on Sullust. Now that's a tricky one, especially starting out in a Y-Wing.

I guess why I like Rogue Squadron better was that it was more challenging. It depends on what games you like, but I myself like games that I can't finish in 24 hours.

Darth_Decimator
i was in no way shape or form dissin these games as they ae in fact my all time faves , i agree with ArthasKnight about what if rogue squadron was on gc and whilst rougue leader was a fantastic game i also agree that it is way to short and imo it has no lastability , its just not fun to go back over and over something that i had absolutely no trouble with rogue squadron at all whatsoever , i think rebel strike was basically very poorly done , too many cutscenes and vehicle changes and not enough effort going into the development of these extra vehicles (ATAT , Speeders) the on foot stuff sux sooooooooooooooooooo much its just not funny and imo it drags the game down into the BAD GAME category , it may have been salvagable if the on foot stuff was a bit more like the jedi knight series maybe , somethjing that required some skill not just run run run A A A A A A A A run run A A A A A A A run run run A A A A A A A run run A A A A level complete

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.