Spiderman vs Beast...who is more agile?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wynndar
OK...there's been an argument about this in another thread...what does everyone think...who is more agile?

wrathofachilles
Spider-Man. That's what he does!

Havoc470
Beast, i think he's alot more agile than spiderman, seeing as where ever i check biographies on the two characters nothing is said about spiderman having superhuman agility while beast does, comic book wise is the same case

spiderman is being a bit overrated in this case imo

Wynndar
how can you say spider man does not have superhuman agility?...and what directory are you talking about?...The offical handbook, and the old marvel directory states Spidey has superhuman agility...The only person I can recall having higher than superhuman agility was Mr. Fantastic,(Metahuman agility) considering he can actually do anything with his body...I dont even think beast was in the superhuman category when it came to agility, but the enhanced human category like Nightcrawler. Beast can easily match an olympic gymnast but Spiderman is vastly higher on the agility charts considering the nature of his powers: he has superhuman equilibrium that doesnt operate with the same physiology as Beast and normal humans, he has far more durable, strong, and flexible muscle/tendons, he has much greater leaping ability and speed, he has vastly faster reflexes. And yes reflexes have everything to do with agility because even if Beast had spiderman's other abilities, his brain wouldnt be able to process moving like that at such speed...If beast had spidey's powers and not his reflexes he would end up overloading himself and having an accident.

Havoc470
wow where did you read this in marvel directory? because i read spidermans bio on marvel directory and it said nothing about superhuman agility, while beasts obviously does

as i said in the other topic, strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, and dexterity all have something to do with eachother but are still solitary abilities

Havoc470
beasts powers and abilities: superhuman size, strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, dexterity, and acrobatic prowess, cat-like night vision, enhanced senses, healing abilities, low-level pheromones, razor edged claws

theres nothing on marvel directory (or any other bio i could find on spiderman) that expresses his agility compared to beast bio's

wrathofachilles
The Marvel Directory doesn't list everything. It's not the end-all be-all of characters. It's an overview of the characters, but I just checked and it did list Spider-Man's agility at the end of the second paragraph. They're not going to compare him to Beast, the directory isn't a comparison, it's an overview of whatever character they are discussing's powers. And like I said, his reflexes are so good because of his agility. Wolverine has great reflexes too, but he in no way matches Spider-Man for agility. Reflexes enable someone to stimuli, but the agility is what enables Spider-Man to carry out those reactions with such perfection and grace. Nobody else can twist in the air like Spider-Man, regardless of their reflexes. It's agility that allows him to do that.

Havoc470
believe me, i know marvel directory isnt the absolute answer to the marvel world, im just saying its odd that it barely has anything on spidey and his agility

i already made my peace on the other thread so theres no reason for this thread

uQifg2WV
Beast, sorry everyone, but i think he may be more reflexive due to spider sense and web swinging. but beast is more agile.

terror_child3
Personaly, I have to say Beast. I mean he can use piping like munky bars to cross a laser net. spider man is just sticky.

uQifg2WV
Yeah he's gotta point, anyway meet him he's a friend of mine. I know him, because he is known by me, because i am mojo jojo, because that is who i am. It is my name, and it is what people call me when they refer to.

wrathofachilles
Lol, he's just sticky? Wow, the 'child' in your name is quite apropos. You obviously know nothing of Spider-Man.

wolverine8888
spiderman is the more agi. bye a lot because his reflexs and agility work as one the only character to ever match him in a fight speed wise mean jumping around ect. was wolverine partly because he has high reflex and agility and because of his fighting skill. spdierman is known has the most agi. and having highest reflex.

wrathofachilles
You had to bring Wolverine into the argument did you? You couldn't just make the 'Spider-Man is more agile' statement by itself could you? Lol. Wolverine is not the only character to match him speed-wise, and he didn't really match him, he just impressed Spider-Man.

Wynndar
marvel directory is in no way official...its some guy's website, not Marvel's...they leave out a lot of stuff....a lot of it is out dated...and some of it is plain wrong. I dont care what it says, all you have to do is read a spiderman comic and u will see who is more agile. Ive already made my argument...there r probably only two or three people on the planet who read comics that would say Beast is more agile...Ive already explained it..if your not conviced, ok.

Havoc470
lol, but when it comes to marvel directory supporting your cause, its so friggin sacred and absolute

i know agility, i've studied it enough, i use it enough, i read alot of beast and spidey, and IMO beast is more agile, i dont care what stan lee says or what other people may believe, but from my experience beast is alot more agile than spidey

REKLIS
Spider-man is more agile.

wrathofachilles
You don't care what Stan Lee says? Lol, he made the characters, you can't not care what he says! It's not like he's some hack writer. Since the characters are not real and he made up their powers, if he says Spider-Man is more agile, then he's more agile. If he says Spider-Man is stronger than Hulk, then he's stronger than Hulk.

Either that or he's drunk again. *sigh* Stan gets a little crazy when he's on the sauce...but the agile thing is true.

srankmissingnin
I'd say Beast is the more agile of the two but Spider-man has a bunch of other abilities that work hand in hand to give him the appearance of being more agile.

uQifg2WV
Did Wolverine8888 just say that Wolverine has more agility than Beast.

srankmissingnin
No, but for some reason he pointed out that Wolverine has matched Spider-man in speed; not sure how it is relevant to this thread though.

Does anyone remember an issue where the Beast in balancing with his index finger on a flimsy pole that his swing every which way and he isn't even close to losing his balance.

wrathofachilles
Don't you know better than to pay any attention to wolverine88888, lol.

srankmissingnin
I'm starting to catch on

uQifg2WV
But if nooe pays attention to him then people can't start threads like "Hulk Fanboys Vs. Wolverine Fanboys".

wolverine8888
I pionted out wolverine could keep up with spiderman because if beast who has fought and worked with spiderman has never ketp up with him then that would prove that spiderman is the more agil. the only reason wolverine was able was because of figting skill. beast is no slouch but spiderman is more agil but is less acrobatic. also spiderman agility and reflex work side by side which gives him more agility then he would normaly have

uQifg2WV
Wolverine is way incredibly less agile then Beast, man. What are you going to say now, that Wolverine outmatched Rogue in strength and Xavier in mental prowess?

YourBiggestFan
Beast all the way, he has more agility than spider-man.. what helps Spider-man a lot is his spider senses + extremlly good agility makes him "untouchable" unless he is messing with someone with super speed.

Havoc470
he's also sued marvel, and he didnt entirely make spiderman it was an idea bounced around marvel by stan lee, jack kirby, and steve ditko, but lee and kirby are the ones who went with it

i remember that, it was awesome

uQifg2WV
yay!

muffin man
spider-man all because of his webs although maybe beast could give him athough bear hug or beast could have a contraption of some sort well i'll go with spidey because of his spider-sense thats his true power

jplatinum
Srank is right.
spiderman is skinner and flips and bends and flexes his body and contorts alot.
While Beast just flips, jumps, and hangs upside down.
Beast could do everything spiderman does, H#ll I've seen him cling to walls before.
Beast wins.

manjaro
i maintain that once gymanstics and acrobatics are listed as a part of your powers you're just agile and thats it, unless stated other wise none of these charcters can be more agile than the other.While im not willing to say that Beast is more agile than spidey he's damn surenot less agile. cuz spidey can flip around all he wants but ive never seen him type, or knit crochet with his toes

Beast is basically spiderman without the abilty to inherently stick to walls,(cuz he ususally is strong enuff to punch his own hand and foot holds in walls) and nightcrawler is a spidey without the webs

python99
beast and spidey are ABOUT the same in the agility department. If anyone has the advantage spidey would . Any person that gets a chance to see marvel universe card set series #2 You will see you stats.

Nataku8188
Agile: Characterized by quickness, lightness, and ease of movement; nimble

Spider-man is faster, has increased reflexes allowing his body to change positions and movements more quickly. This gives him the ability to move more easily and with more accuracy.

Metalmanx
As long as I love both characters very much, I'd have to give the battle of agility to Spiderman. He really is the epitome of agility.

Though don't get me wrong. Beast is INCREDIBLE. He really is one of my favorites, but he's just not in the same league of agility that Spiderman is. Though he is quite the agile one himself. He and Nightcrawler are defintely the most agile. I suppose Gambit and Psylocke are extremely close behind these two as well.

But Spiderman has this battle. Easily.

Nataku8188
Beast has much better dexterity then spider-man, which is what most people seem to confuse with agility.

Dexterity; Skill and grace in physical movement, especially in the use of the hands; adroitness.

black wolverine
breast is more agilable than spiderman period dotn try an argue because besides stregth durablility and not getting tired beast can win

Nataku8188
Originally posted by black wolverine
breast is more agilable than spiderman period dotn try an argue because besides stregth durablility and not getting tired beast can win

Read other people's posts before you post. Beast is less agile then spidey, but has better dexterity.

Metalmanx
I apologize now if I hurt the feelings of anyone who actually makes decent posts and are at least decently understandle when I say this. I really wish some people would learn to type. It's really not that hard. I'm not saying that have to be perfect. But hell, that's what the freakin "Backspace" and "Delete" button are for! If you make a mistake, don't be lazy. Take the one second out of your day to delete the typo and correct it. And honestly, punctuation. God invented punctuation for a reason. So it let's others know when it's time to breathe! I lose the point of so many people's posts when I can understand what they're saying because all of their ideas merge into themselves.

And again, I apologize if I get blasted for this, there really are the exceptions when people can still understand your posts and you actually make some logical sense. But seriously.

It's REALLY not that hard.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I apologize now if I hurt the feelings of anyone who actually makes decent posts and are at least decently understandle when I say this. I really wish some people would learn to type. It's really not that hard. I'm not saying that have to be perfect. But hell, that's what the freakin "Backspace" and "Delete" button are for! If you make a mistake, don't be lazy. Take the one second out of your day to delete the typo and correct it. And honestly, punctuation. God invented punctuation for a reason. So it let's others know when it's time to breathe! I lose the point of so many people's posts when I can understand what they're saying because all of their ideas merge into themselves.

And again, I apologize if I get blasted for this, there really are the exceptions when people can still understand your posts and you actually make some logical sense. But seriously.

It's REALLY not that hard.

You now understand how I feel...

bflare
spider is more agile

have you ever seen those small ass spiders that jump around every time you try to smack them. the only reason we can kill those small and agile spiders is cause we're like galactus to them. all big and stuff.

now picture that same small spider in human form and is 5 ft 9 in.
if you think that small spider was annoying to hit, think of what it would be like to hit a human sized spider!
spiderman is WAYYY!!! more agile than almost anything his size except for say... the real galactus(since he a giant). roll eyes (sarcastic)

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Nataku8188
You now understand how I feel...

I do indeed. Very painfully so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.