Footloose

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
How many People here have seen FOOTLOOSE? Right after STAR WARS A NEW HOPE AND EMPIRE STRIKES BACK that is my favorite movie of all time.I love Kevin Bacons performance in that film and that girl is so pretty.That movie is so awesome.I wish I could somehow fix it so I could go through all the stuff he went through in that movie and do all the things he did in that film.I love this movie especailly because I could really relate to his experiences he went through with his parents and his girlfriend in her experiences she went through with HER parents.I could so much realte to this film its scary.so anybody here love this movie as much as I do? or at least have seen it dozens of times? smile

amity75
Mr Parker surely you jest? confused

Myth
Yeah I know this movie. There is some girls down the hall that love the movie and play that damn song over and over. They are my friends and all, but I swear I'm going to kill them one of these days because of that damn movie.

boxofdeath2.0
One of the few movies where Bacon doesn't show his dingus on camera

finti
its been awhile but yes I have seen it

Fire
seen it, not too awesome but nice entertainment

yerssot
yup, they broadcast it here every year

botankus
Uh, yeah, about 20 years ago.

Mr Parker
Do they just play the footloose song or do they play the other songs in it? so it sounds to me like so far those girls are the only posters here who love that movie as much as I did. sad What I dont understand about bacon is he was a cool looking stud back then with his hair thing he had going,so why change a good thing,why not keep it like that in all his films? roll eyes (sarcastic) THE way he had his hair in that film was a unique look he had,now he just looks like an ordinary dude the way he keeps it now. confused

Mr Parker
sounds like you saw it at the theaters when it first came out but havent since.Yeah I was fortunate enough to see it in the theaters also when it came out when I was a kid.

Corlindel
Yep..In my youth at the theaters when it first came out huh messed stick out tongue

andyF1
I liked the guy who was body popping, i loved that stuff then

Bacon has made some better movies since then to many to list, thought he was good in tremors.

He was also in Friday the 13th

Mr Parker
Yeah Friday the 13th was his first screen appearance and first start.Yeah Bacon has been in some other good films since then,but Tremors even though I liked it,is NOT a better film than FOOTLOOSE if thats what your implying. roll eyes (sarcastic)

andyF1
Im not implying anything

FOOTLOOSE was a good movie, as was Tremors, Sleepers, Stir of Echoes, Murder in the First, Hollow Man and Flatliners. Capeesh stick out tongue

Kes
laughing

I think I saw it on tv but it was a bit ago.

Myth
Parker- They watched the entire movie a lot but for everytime they watch the movie, they have to rewatch the scenes with the song 10 times in a row.

Mr Parker
For me,I think Hollow Man was his worst film.Yeah a couple of those other films you mentioned I really love also and ONE of them I am going to make another thread and talk about it ANOTHER time down the road.

Mr Parker
so what is YOUR opinion of the movie Kes?

Kes
I think I didnt like it messed I really do not remember much.

Linkalicious
LoL Wild Things!

Evil Dead
Man......a better question would have been "who hasn't seen Footloose?"........this was a rather popular movie for about 6 or 7 years after it came out. They still play it on the Encore/Starz channels all the time.

I don't like it very much......I can tolerate it just to see Chris Penn.....that man can act.

Mr Parker
Yeah too bad I dont know those friends of yours,sounds like we would get along great because I am the same exact way.Whenever I watch it,I ALSO watch those scenes with the songs in them at least twice,sometimes thrice. big grin You should tell them you know an internet poster at the same site you post at who loves the movie as much as they do. smile

Malkore
I have heard that there is going to be a remake of Footloose.

It will have Britney Spears and Ashton Kutcher supposedly.

Mr Parker
I sure hope that you are just joking around?

Malkore
I am not joking about the remake.

But the bit about aston and britney are just rumours that people have posted

Mr Parker
Man if this really happens No way will I ever see it.I dont mind seeing the play they made out of it with another actor playing Ren like I did,but nobody will ever be able to give anywhere near as good a performance as Ren Mccormick as Kevin Bacon did.He is a part of why I liked that film so much.

Tired Hiker
I've seen most of Footloose, I've seen parts here and there, I've probably watched Footloose for about six or seven hours of my earlichildhood. But I've never seen the end of Footloose. Ever. erm I kind of think it's cool that way.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Evil Dead
Man......a better question would have been "who hasn't seen Footloose?"........this was a rather popular movie for about 6 or 7 years after it came out. They still play it on the Encore/Starz channels all the time.

I don't like it very much......I can tolerate it just to see Chris Penn.....that man can act.

you would be surpised the people that I have talked with around here that HAVENT seen this movie. eek! gotta bring this baby back.

Bardock42
I like it.

Mr Parker
how many times you seen it by chance?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mr Parker
how many times you seen it by chance?

Twice maybe?

Rogue Jedi
Footloose...........I puked.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
I like it.

Meh, that angry-dance-fight scene with him being the rebel and jumping about is pretty silly, imo. Does make for many good parodies though.

yX38dNneIiU

Mr Parker
Doesnt sound like you liked it very much to me.Unless your like my best friend who he'll say he loves a movie an aweful lot but even if its like one of his favorites of all time like dark knight is for example one of his top five favorites ever,he wont see that movie more than twice and wont watch it again after that.are you like that as well by chance? If so,well then I can see you liking it and only seeing it twice then.myself? when I see a movie I REALLY love,I'll see it dozens of times. big grin

Bardock42
Well, I liked the movie, it wasn't really like the second coming of Christ to me. Lets say if it was on TV I'd watch it, if it was a boring night and I didn't have much to do, I might rent it should I come across it, should there be a bargain on a DVD of it, I might even buy it. So, to conclude, when I say "I like a movie" I really do mean "I like it". It was a good, fun to watch movie and I wouldn't mind seeing it again sometime, but I didn't love it.

Mr Parker
gotcha.

Bardock42
gotcha.

Also, people make fun of guys for liking a dance movie. So I have to be all macho sad

=Tired Hiker=
Hah hah, Bardock likes Footloose.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bardock42
Also, people make fun of guys for liking a dance movie. So I have to be all macho sad

yeah I know what you mean.Its always the guys that are the ones that think your lame for liking it when you DO get it from the crowd for liking it as Im sure you already know.

=Tired Hiker=
Hah hah, faggitz!

Impediment
Meh. 'Twas okay, at best,.

SnakeEyes
I've seen this movie maybe a couple times. Pretty average movie. Fairly forgettable/nothing special. I've also seen the musical (live), which was, overall, just a cooler experience. But yeah, mediocre movie.

ragesRemorse
Wonder how Parker feels about the remake

BruceSkywalker
Best thing about Footloose was knowing someone else was doing all those dance moves. Footloose wasn't that good of a movie.

ragesRemorse
yeah, flashdance is where it's at.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

He probably thinks it should be called Loose-Foot for some political reason.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

I just hope to god thats a false rumor.That would be like having another remake of My Fair Lady or The Music Man or some other classic like that.If its true a remake is made,it wont have the same affect on people the original 1984 film did.you can count on that.I saw the stage musical not too long ago and I actually enjoyed it immensly even though they made quite a few changes in it like they added a few songs in it that werent in the movie but kept one of them out that WAS in the movie but it was really great which surprised me cause like i said,it had some changes in it different from the movie but they were GOOD changes so thats why I loved it.
Like one thing that always bothered me about the original FOOTLOOSE movie is the girl played by Lori Singer was a **** in the movie and very unlikeable cause she only started to like Ren McCormick only AFTER he beat her former boyfriend Chuck in that tractor chicken race so when she got beat up later on by him people had no sympathy for her cause she WAS a ****.She had it coming.where in the play,they fixed that by giving her a MUCH better reason to break up with him.The beginning of one of the scenes has her talking to Ren and he asked her what happened to her eye,how she got a black eye and she says in the play she got it from a fight that was involved in with chuck.That she had been having lots of problems lately with him but THIS time he got violent with her so THAT was why she broke up with him.so in the play she DID have a good reason to break up with him.Also in the movie,you never had the feeling that he loved his mom that much the way the script was written,where in the play,they show that he is very close to his mom and loves her.It was really touching which again you didnt get that vibe in the film. The Play? I love,a remake? would be idiotic and I'll never see it.nobody can replace kevin Bacons amazing performance he gave in that movie.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
He probably thinks it should be called Loose-Foot for some political reason.

man what kind of a moronic post is that?

=Tired Hiker=
man what kind of a moronic post is that?

Almost as moronic as the dozens of private messages you send me begging me to side with you in your comic book arguments, you ass hat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.