Anakin vs Luke, power and strength wise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Subjekt
Hey this is my FIRST thread, and i used the search button and didnt find what i was looking for.

So as I flame people alot, i cant ask you not to do it if you dont agree, but oh well.

Ok, now i just got done watching AOTC and something has been bugging me. I know Luke is supposedly the strongest force user ever AFTER ROTJ, but heres my question. We all saw the Emporer let Luke have it with the lightning for at least 3 minutes, right? While he pretty much got right up, why is it that Anakin barely gets it, and is out for awhile?

Also, when Luke gets his hand cut off, he screams a bit bu tis ok,....when anakin's gets cut off, again, he's out for a while. WHY?

To me, Mark Hamill comes off like a fairy without wings, and Luke is not even a Jedi yet(according to Yoda), but seems tougher than Anakin. Can someone tell me why? It has to be more than just being stonger with the force....

§pearhead
Well, to answer the first part, Anakin had almost no organic part to him, so the lightning circulated through him pretty quickly, I can imagine; probably short-cicruited some of his equipment, too.

About the chopped-off arm...no idea.

Darth Subjekt
i dont mean him as Vader, i mean when Dooku did it in AOTC

§pearhead
well...I guess the best answer is that it's a consistency problem. There's lots of them.

JediJim
I think when Anakin gets his arm cut off in AOTC Dooku force pushes him as well which is what knocks him out for a while. That's how I see it anyway.

Jedi Priestess
I agree.....and DS are you looking for who is stronger of the two?

Darth Subjekt
more or less, actually, why the one is stronger? To me Anakin would be stronger than Luke if you want to go by that stupid ass midichlorian count, and skills and training and experience.

Luke gets beat up every time we see him, Anakin is "the one", so why would Luke be stronger?

kremzike
Anakin got hit with a relatively short burst of Force Lightning and it was used to toss him into a wall. Luke got hit with a ton of Force Lightning in short bursts for an extended amount of time. Anakin didn't get right up after he took the lightning and the wall shot. Luke didn't get right up after any of the lightning shots he took. So, I don't think there is any inconsistency with the effects of Force Lightning on either Skywalker. Anakin had recovery time so he was able to fight Dooku again afterward. Luke had no reason to fight anyone afterward, so we can't judge his physical state comparatively.

As far as which is the stronger Jedi, I see it like this. From what we saw on Anakin on AOTC (at his best so far) and what we saw of Luke in ROTJ (at his best in the series), and if we simply take it as it was presented and don't go into the real world explanations of who choreographed the lightsaber duels in the OT compared to Nick's PT ones as an example, there's no question in my mind that Anakin is the all around better of the two, and I am sure that anyone who thinks Luke would win in a lightsaber duel now will have to change their minds after ROTS.

Jedi Priestess
Here ya go all about Anakin and his power as well as comparisons to Luke. smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=310696&highlight=more+powerful

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=314563&highlight=more+powerful

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=314410&highlight=more+powerful

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=307995&highlight=more+powerful+Luke

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=308401&highlight=more+powerful+Luke

Darth Subjekt
ok thanks JP, i did use the search button......and kremzike, the way i saw it was after Ani got hit, he was still rolling around with extreme grimace on his face, and Luke just automatically looked over at Vader as he picked up the emporer. So, TO ME, it looks like the affects of it took more of a toll on Ani that Luke. But i do think Anakin is stronger, thats not the debate im trying to state.

bilbofett
Anakin has been trained since he was a boy, Luke only had a very short training....that has to make a difference

kremzike
Subjekt, as I pointed out, Anakin got picked up and tossed into a wall in addition to feeling some Force Lightning itself. I'd grimace, too, even without the lightning.

Darth Subjekt
ok......

.:Space Opera:.
i guess it depends on the severity of the lightning. dooku used it as an attack while palpy used it to torture luke for pleasure

kremzike
You mean like, "okaaaaaaaaaaay?" Don't tell me you don't understand my point.

Anakin: Force Lightning struck him and was used to lift and hurl into rock wall
Luke: Force Lightning struck him in multiple bursts

Anakin took the hardest single blow, suffering the Force Lightning pain and the wall hit at the same time. Luke took a greater number of comparatively less intense blows, but over a long period. So, these two instances aren't really similar enough to judge who's more powerful from.

Then, someone could also bring up that it was all for the sake of the movie plot. Anakin gets out of the action so Obi-Wan can have his solo slot against Dooku and then come back in for his own. Luke looks up to see his father turn back to the good side and toss the Emperor down the shaft for added drama. But these more "real reasons" are no fun! smile

Darth Subjekt
no i meant ok like, ok.....i see what youre saying but there times when the emporer was letting loose on him for longer than Anakin got it.

Nevermind, i was hoping PVS, opera, corn, and my two favorite ladies of the force would throw in their 2 cents as well.....but yes i see where youre coming from.
I just think Luke should have been "out of it" for a little longer.

Darth Subjekt
hey Ush, im done with this thread, and i think the others are to. Can you close please? No point in having a thread open thats not being used. thanks

Captain REX
Well, it's always fun to debate things like this...maybe...

I agree with Kremzike in that Anakin was hurled into a wall while being hit with the lightning. That, and he was caught off guard as well.

Still! The Lightning was killing Luke. He didn't get back up after the lightning and start hacking people down or swordfighting like Anakin did.

Darth Subjekt
thats kinda trur too. but tight when vader picked up sidious, luke was done and started watching, then dragged vaders big ass all over the death star. maybe it was just bad acting on the part of MH for not looking like he was in pain....but from the time Palps says, "you will now paythe price for your lack of vision." he didnt let up, it wasnt just a short burst or two after that...it was two long ones....i dont knowm i just think that Anakin should be displayed as being more powerful. And Luke had to have been caught of guard too, he just said <"if you will not be turned you will be destoed...." and BAM,...he hits him with it.

bilbofett
Well, here's the thing as far as comparing the lightening:
At the time Ani was young, strong with the force but still a Padawan nontheless. He took what Dooku dished out & then recovered pretty quickly I think.... (just in time to relieve the dramatic tension if you will...lol)
Luke had a bit longer to recover before dragging Vader to the ship.
I dont think this argument can be won or lost on their recovery from force lighteneing.
To me, the more important aspect is the use of the force & saber skills. Sure, Luke can do the Jedi Mind Trick & levitate stuff, but not really much else as far as manipulating the force. Not his fault, he wasnt trained until very late in the game. And despite what some may argue, I dont think he ever really had a "jedi trial" that he passed. His saber skills were pretty good for someone with just a few years training, but nothing compared to what Anakin could do at his age.
Ani uses the force very effectively (distracting the Tusken Raiders, the Reek, etc....) AND has great saber skills. The only reason Luke finally beats him is beacause A) he is greatly incapacitied by his injuries & age and B) Luke finally lets his feelings take over (much in the same way Obi beat Maul).
So, IMHO, had Ani never been made to wear that suit as Vader and he & Luke met up, Anakin would have kicked Luke's a$$.
Flame away!!!!!!!!!

kremzike
Right on, Bilbo! smile

NoFate007
The way I look at it is this...

I. Anakin vs Dooku
Anakin/Obi-Wan were extremely weak during that duel in the first place because take Anakin, he just found out his mom was killed, he slaughtered the TRs, flew over to Geonosis, fought the battle in the factory, got captured, possibly was tortured (we don't know for sure), fought with the 3 monsters, AND THEN had to fight in the Battle of Geonosis. No wonder he would be so worn out before fighting one of the greatest Jedi who also is more powerful now that he is using the dark side!

II. Luke vs Palpatine
Luke was being toyed with by Palpatine, and if you look at it, after the first attack, Luke falls down, very much the same with Anakin. He doesn't defend himself, he is just constantly attacked and never goes anywhere but on the ground writhing in pain.

III. Luke vs Vader duels
Vader does not want to kill his son, this has been expressed many times. He simply defends himself and screws around with Luke. Plus Vader has his injuries.

Anakin in his prime vs Luke in his prime, I think would have to go to Anakin. He believed in the Force all his life, and embraced it (even if he did embrace the wrong side for a great section of that life), whereas Luke doubted the Force up until about the end of Empire I'd say. Think about the struggle Luke had in retrieving his lightsaber in the Wampa's cave, compared to Anakin flicking his wrist and hurling all that machinery at the Geonosians. Luke had trouble in the Endor forest with the speeder, but Anakin completely whooped the Pod Race, and he was NINE, with NO Force training. I think Anakin is way more powerful than Luke, Luke just got lucky being the son of the most powerful being in history, being taught by two of the greatest Jedi ever, and having the will of the Force on his side along with the unfulfilled prophecy.

Mandorallen
luke vs anikan?

I would hafto say luke because he was trained by yoda.

but thats my opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.