Saint of killers vs Parallax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
2 uber-powerful beings that were once human.

Saint of killers CV:
Killed God (okay, god was returning to the universe and wasnt on full power, but still..),
Slaughtered the entire host of heaven,
Froze all of hell, putting out it's fires just by the coldness of his own heart,
Shot and injured the devil before he left hell,
Has twin pistols that are forged by the devil from the melted-down sword of the original angel of death (his weapons can never miss and are never less than fatal),
Had killed hundreds of men in war and throughout his life before he took over the job of the angel of death,
Died once.

Parallax CV:
Has full individual control of the green glow power source from which the oan's gained their power,
Destroyed the entire DCU by tightening the loop of time,
has beat the spectre on numerous occasions,
Destroyed the GLC and guardians,
Had defeated many cosmic scale enemies even before he became parallax,
Is possibly going to gain full control of the spectres power.
Died once, erased from existance once.

Who would win??

eleveninches
I think that if he managed to get a clear shot, saint of killers would win, but if parallax could see him before he managed to get his gun aimed at parallax, then saint of killers would lose.

Although, now, it looks as if parallax is going to be revealed as a seperate entity (seperate from hal jordan), and that 'he' is the manifestation of the 'impurity' in the green glow that powers the rings of the GL corps.

Bardock42
I can't really say anything about it since I don't even know who the saint of killers is but since you sead he killed god well I say he kicks poor Jordan in the Balls. Parralax is cool but not powerful enough to defeat god.

eleveninches
He was a bad @$$ war veteran in the american civil war, and killed loads of people. He actually fell in love and thought that his past days were behind him, until his wife and family died, and then all he had to fall back on was a lifetime of hate which consumed him.
He eventually got killed, and went to hell, surrounded by the hundreds that he had already killed. Most people were meant to lose all of their emotions and memories when they entered hell, but he kept all of his hate.
Suddenly the fires went out in hell, and the devil didn't know what could be threatening his realm until he found the killer on the edge of hell. The devil tried to rip out his heart, but discovered that it was the shear coldness of his heart that had put out every one of hell's fires, and completely frozen it. He got most of his back ripped of by satan, who then gave up, acknowledging that he couldnt end the man's hatred.
THe angel of death was looking for a way out of his job, and passed his title on to the killer (giving him the title of the saint of killers), so that the angel of death could be free from his job. Satan stitched up the back of the killer, and then melted down the sword of the angel of death, re-forging them into a set of twin pistols, which would never misfire, would always hit their target, and would never be anything less than lethal.
The killer was released and was about to step out of hell, when he heard the devil cussing at him, so he turned around and shot satan, injuring him. Then he went back and got revenge on the thugs that had killed him. Eventually he joined the quest to track down god (who had quit the universe and mankind), and hold the creator responsible for his sins. He entered heaven and slaughtered the entire angelic host, and then god returned. However, he had only just arrived back in the universe, and had not yet re-claimed his full power, which made him vunerable. THe saint killed god and sat down on his throne, finally being able to rest.

Bardock42
Holy shit, so he is practically a Punisher on a far bigger scale, It sounds like he could beat Parralax easily.

eleveninches
if he managed to fire his guns at parallax, he would win, but if parallax could see where the saint was, he would destroy him before he managed to fire a single shot.

God want at full power when he was killed, but its still quite an achievement to kill the creator of reality.

Bardock42
well even god without full power should be able to destroy Parrala he is powerful but not that powerful and anyway what are this guys abillitiews wonderful he got guns and a cold heart, if that is all he always has to rely on the first shot, is he particulary dstrong or magical or whatever, oh and why is Satan only injured isn't he supposed to be dead?

eleveninches
Saint of killers was one of the characters from vertigo's 'preacher' series.
im not sure if satan died or not. I know that lucifer left hell, but I think that the 2 are meant to be seperate in the DCU (with satan as a demon and lucifer as a fallen angel).

His guns were made out of the melted-down sword of the angel of death, so they are not just any other gun. He is already dead, but was allowed back to earth to be the saint of killers, and to kill in the name of god.
Otherwise, he is more or less human, but with an impressive hit-list.

Parallax might be more powerful, but he is still more or less human (or at least hal was).

Both of them have died before, so they could both come back from the dead. However, parallax was about to destroy the DCU, which would have destroyed saint of killers as well.

eleveninches
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/saintkil.htm

Bardock42
I think Hal didn't destroy the DCU he destroyed the part where the heroes life in, you know like in mageddon the god just sits around and makes oplans for a new Universe. But anyway you are right if Saint of Killers could shot his guns he would win since they are deadly and can't miss.

eleveninches
in the dcu/vertigo universe, god and the algelic host lived in the silver city, which was designed by ibrael and built by the lilim. It overlooks the entire universe, but is close to the edge of the universe even though it is still in the universe.
Apparently, there is no DC multiverse (as a concequence of crisis on infinite earths). However, I was reading the 'the kingdom' TPB the other day, which is a continuation of kingdome come. At the end, it is revealed that one of the linear men (who live outside of time) is aware of 'hypertime'. This is basically the same as a multiverse, with strands connecting each universe to each other. In the kingdom come storyline, the adult son of wonder woman and superman is capable of fully controlling the links between all of these parallal universes.

Bardock42
Wait a second I read Kingdom and Kingdom Come where is their Adult son mentioned, Isn't Kingdom where Gog kills all the Supermen?

eleveninches
yeah, at the end of 'the kingdom' , their son from the future of that timeline reveals himself

Bardock42
oh ok thanks

Gregory
Kingdome Come is an Elseworld. Or at least, it was originally published as one.

eleveninches
i know. but the else worls be conneted by hypertime

the ninjak
SoK

kevdude
The Saint of Killers wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.