anakins saber inaotc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ryamathart
Whats up with anakins saber in attack of the clones i thought he had a blue saber. Remember in anh when ben says "your father wanted you to have this" and gave luke his fathers saber it was blue but in the movie its green?

LanceWindu
That is most likely when Anakin loses his saber temorarily and picks up a dead Jedi's saber.

Ushgarak
Besides, still plenty of time for him to have a different one by Episode III.

LanceWindu
Yup, two years is long enough.

ryamathart
yeah thats also what i was thinkin

ToMacco
Maybe Obi-wan is senile in his old age. He thought he was giving Luke his father's lightsabre. rolling on floor laughing

Amidala
That is funny Obi1 does have some memory issues in ANH. What are the chances of the saber luke uses in ROTJ being Qui Gon's or if not his at least partly his. I know luke gets the parts from ob1's hut, ob1 has Qui Gons saber but didnt use it in ANH. I think that there are going to be a lot of lost swords in the next four hours. I also have heard that there will be a second special edition after the end of EPIII, perhaps we will find out then. I think it makes sense. The irony would be brilliant.

yerssot
well, Anakin just needs a blue one, so the one he has now can still be the one in EpIV, not sure about the design

Amidala
If we get a close up view of his saber in EPII we will be able to tell.

yerssot
hmmm... if someone gives me a pic of the sabre used in ANH, I can check the pics (have them all...*brag**brag*)

Amidala
No pic but....It is smaller than the sabers we have seen so far and it is totally chrome with no bulky bits on it, and no dark areas.

yerssot
a pic would be better

Emperor Helmet
This is a picture of Dooku's and Anakin's saber. As you can tell, Anakin's saber is exactly like Vaders only with a silver ignition end. Vaders was black. It isn't the saber Ben gives Luke.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/01/img/hasbrosabers_bg.jpg

yerssot
hmmm; Anakin has the slide button now

Emperor Helmet
Both of Luke's sabers and Vader's saber had the slide button also.

yerssot
Ofcourse,
it's about a trivia question that Ush once asked...
In TPM they just had regular buttons to push and activate the sabre, while now Anakin appears to have a slide button

Ushgarak
Indeed; there was a marked difference between TPM and Classic Era sabres. Interesting if they are, indeed, evolving,

yerssot
apperently not with any info, wich is a big shame!
Now I just want to know how the changes came!

ryamathart
hell i wouldnt even use the damn button to turn on my lightsaber id just use the force.

yerssot
hmmm, perhaps, something that small; you must be good then, I think

ryamathart
well did any one read shadow hunter?

yerssot
yup, me

ryamathart
remember when they were in the sewers in coruscant and those mutant things attack lorn and the jedi apprentice. well the mutants knocked out jedi app. when she came to she use the force to turn on i five. isnt that just a little switch

ryamathart
one more thing if im not mistaken the poster at the movie thearter showed anakin with his back to padame, holding a RED lightsaber.

yerssot
it's EU, actually...

Ushgarak
There is some debate as to whether those were actually sabres, Ryam, or just coloured bars in the sabre 'style'

queeq
There is? Hmmmm....

Ushgarak
I certainly saw a lot of debate at the time.

queeq
I bet there was. They usually debate things to death when there's a lack of spoilers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.