April 2nd all will be revealed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
from the OS

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
The novelization of the final Star Wars film adapts the story of Anakin's fall to the dark side. Novelist Matthew Stover met with George Lucas to discuss the storyline of the film. As a result, the novel includes all new sequences that won't be found in movie theaters. But more importantly, Stover gets inside the heads of the characters, and depicts these dramatic events from their points of view. This book will be released in hardcover with simultaneous audio release on CD and cassette.

The Art of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
This hardcover release collects some of the most stunning pieces of concept and development art created for the film. The artists of Episode III are spotlighted here, alongside their costume, character, and technology designs, storyboards and production paintings, planetary vistas, ILM models and digi-matte paintings, and much more. Text by J.W. Rinzler.

The Making of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
Author J.W. Rinzler tracks the entire production of the film, from the earliest Art Department explorations to the evolution of the script, from the start of principal photography in Sydney, Australia, to the additional photography in England as well as the visual effects wizardry of Industrial Light & Magic. Witness the changing face of cinema as detailed from a Lucasfilm insider who has followed Episode III from its earliest days.

Jedi Priestess
forgot to add this

Who's going to buy and read any of these books beforehand?

and for the record I am not no

Sith Master X
Same here JP. Definitely willl watch the movie before the book.

Thanks for info though.

waynerobsonuk
I'm most definatley not going to read any of the books beforehand. If I see the films knocking about beforehand I will download them so I can watch them when I get back from the cinema. laughing out loud
Not that I am in any way condoning piracy confused Honest laughing

Wayne...

ESP07
Gotta say "no" as well.

Stunrun
I thought i made the mistake reading the AOTC novel a week before its release, but was still blown away when i finally saw itwink

I guess ill have to have a little bit of willpower this time around, if thats possiblelaughing out loud

thx for the info JP'wink

Darth Surgent
I never really get into those things. no

But at least that prevents me from being fully spoiled. yes

lucasfilm
yeah i dont realy want to read it before the movie but i definitely will be picking this one up. i got the AOTC bok and read before the movie and was dissappointed because the book was better. i dont want to ruin the movie for me again

Spectr4L
Agreed.

Delta51VE
I'll be grabbing the Graphic Novel on April 2nd as well as any "Art Of" books and the novel. I'm DYING to know about the whole Palpatine/Sidious thing, whether Padme really dies or fakes it, etc. etc.

I once thought I could go "spoiler free" - NAH! Plus it will be all over the boards, and I know I can't stay off of them for 6 weeks!

DARTH DADDY
I don't get you all. You spend all your spare time looking for any info on the movie. Trying to piece together how it's going to play out. Then when someone hands you a book with all the goods you say , no thank's.

Sith Master X
But the books will give almost everything away. Here we're looking at info on the movie just to wet our appetizers. yes

moonwalker741
i'm gonna read it, i did it for attack of the clones...so screw you guys

LandoSpeeder
I read ATOC novel but since this is the last Star Wars movie I'll wait to read it.

jedijunky1138
Very Good Point there DD. I for one will buy the book as soon as it hits the shelf. Then I wont put it down till I finish it.

Jedi Priestess
Some of us have a certain amount of information that we will take. I'll take anything from HS for the time being but I have said for months now that one the script is released Im gone.

Falacerjedi
I will read it also, unless the new HP book is out by then (which I highly doubt).

Stunrun
i read the AOTC novel in 2 days flat, it didnt ruin the experience, so im gonna grab as soon as it hits those shelfsstick out tongue

bilbofett
First off, NO, NOT reading the book. It does sound kinda silly that we will go crazy over any tidbit of info then not read the book. But, I am a product of America...a victim that is, sniff sniff, I can't help myself!!!! If its as easy as clicking a link, I'll look; if its in the book I wont. Thats just me...no willpower whatsoever!!!

Secondly, Delta51VE, WTF?
Padme fakes her death? I didn't even realize this topic was up for discussion. Seems to me this one was put to rest, oh...when was it....... Oh Yeah....1983! A little movie we like to call Return of the Jedi. You should watch it, its pretty good!

Batman316
I wish I could say I wasn't going to read the book first but......

I don't know if I can :/

But rest assured I for one will post NO spoilers if I do break and buy it.

JKozzy
Part of me wants to read a good book, and for this to be it. The other part wants me to see a completely new movie. I am torn... anyone got good arguments for both sides?

Darth Subjekt
someone will, and i know a bunch of people will read it(the script that is) and then be pissed off that they read it. i really dont care, cause as strong as the human mind is as far as putting a mental picture with words...nothing can prepare us for the dazzling visual display the boys at LFL and ILM will have in store for us....

Count Doodoo
I'll read the graphic novel and the script (if it's in the Art of ROTS book) ASAP, and perhaps any parts of the novel that are more backstory or are unique, but I'm probably not going to actually buy any books; I'll be spending enough already on the ROTS action figures.

DARTH DADDY
I haven't read any of the books. I don't want to spoil everything, just some. It just is kinda funny how this forum can take place and you get the whole thing in one place yet some of you don't want it, including me.

bILLYgOAT
if you don't want spoilers ladies & gents then you stalking the wrong forum, regardless off the rules tbh.

here's one for ya
jar jar is killed
thank god

PVS
ill probably get the audio novel after i see the film. i dont want to be THAT spoiled

Darth Surgent
Too lazy to read?

stick out tongue j/k

Creechuur
Willpower, shmillpower.

To me, the release of the novel signifies the release of the story. To me, the story is just as important as the visuals, and it (the story) is usually done better on paper. It adds insight and some backstory to a lot of events that Lucas only glosses over in the films. I feel that I get a more complete experience reading the book before seeing the movie.

Ushgarak
I have never understood that view. Star Wars is a film based medium designed entirely for film; the visual experience is an essnetial part of the whole experience; and I have only ever seen it as a far inferior experience in print. I'll read books that whose stories are designed to be books, but books of films are very often a very bad idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.