Anakin vs Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedijunky1138
I know, I know that sounds pretty crazy but the battle that I am wondering about is the internal battle going on inside of Anakin during his turn to the Dark Side. Will this be a quick transformation? Will this be not only an emotional change but a physical one? I'm quite sure that there will be a lot of emotion but will we get to see this struggle?
I guess what I'm asking is what are your views on this subject? And what kind of hardships does a Jedi have to go through to be ripe for the Dark Side's picking?

I did run a search on this topic and came up empty. If anyone finds a similar post then I ask in advance for a merge.

Huma
Well, it's been a long battle between the light and dark side. Evidence of it is his slaughtering of the tuskans and his questioning of Obi-Wans orders so much in Ep. II. Other than that i can't think of anything.

One physical change that is talked about are the eyes. Known as the "sith eyes" I heard someone say that they turn to the yellowish/red color when the sith becomes angry. Kind of a surge of power thing.

Red Superfly
I'd have thought the fact he loses his arms and legs, his hair and obviously his manhood would have been a pretty obvious physical change...............

PVS
i believe it will be a slow transformation....and a quick one.

let me explain:

darth vader has been in the making the second anakin was taken away from his mother. as yoda said, fear is the path to the darkside.
anakin falls farther when he slaughters the tuskens and blames all his misfortunes on his master. its a slow downfall.

however, i also believe that anakin will finally snap in one moment, completing his fall, and thus darth vader takes over.

the opposite of this can be seen in ep5, when vader exhibits a slightly good nature. he disobeys a direct order from palps: if luke refuses to turn, kill him. he also orders the millenium falcon to be disabled rather than blown to pieces. however, he doesnt fully turn good until he snaps back, when he sees his son dying at the hands of palpatine. then anakin fully takes over.

so yeah, its a slow...and quick transformation

Jedi Priestess
^ ^ ^ ^
thumbsup

Sith Master X
I agree PVS.

Cheesiness
I've always pictured Anakin's transformation into Vader as a sane person gradually turning Schizophrenic...

Red Superfly
Like Me Myself and Irene?

That'd be cool

Obi-Wan: "Did you take your medication today Anakin?"

Anakin: "About three days ago -oops! Urge to kill random people, rising"

Obi-Wan: "I have a bad feeling about this"

Jedi Priestess
Red strikes again laughing out loud

jedijunky1138
I myself feel the same as PVS. I just hope that at the point where he "SNAPS" we see an intense struggle within him, I mean I don't want it to go by so fast that you could miss it if you have to go get more popcorn or something. This is after all the basis of this film, to tie it all together. There is a lot to tie together and I'm kinda afraid this will be just another side story that GL just assumes we know what happens.

Vballgurl06
I agree with PVS and jedijunky1138. It can't possibly be a quick change because there would be too many questions unanswered. QUestions like "What happened on the inside to Anakin?" or "Did he turn 2 the dark side willingly or did he put up a strong fight?" Those are some of the things we need to know.

SomeGuy57
It is slow because remember in AOTC anakin gets mad and sluaghters the tusken raiders showing that the dark side is starting to overtake him little by little.

rajah kalantiaw
you can really see the anakin's arrogance in AOTC. not to mention a glimpse of HIS dark side when he massacred the tuskans. HIS dark side because it was his judgement and his actions. no one actually told him to or not to do so. he killed in his own will. i think that was the real turning point. the fact that he was away from padme, obi wan's constant nit-picking about his maturity and the death of shmi jus filled him to the brim and he totally snapped.

jedijunky1138
But he hasn't snapped......YET. There is so much story here that I just don't see how they can devote enough time to this aspect of the film. I hope that GL plans to spread his transformation out along the length of the film. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go down that way, and it would ROCK if it does.

Cowboyography
What if lucas pulls a Golem from LOTR on anikan!!! has him talking to himself!!!

.:Space Opera:.
pvs' theory is correct i think.

UNDERTAKER
there both the same

Red Superfly
Anakin: Obi-Wan wants the precious, he mustn't has'es it, my love.

bilbofett
LMAO!!!! laughing

jedijunky1138
Thanks for turning a serious thread into a circus! mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.