Ironman vs. Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
C. First it would seem Ironman who as one spoke can defeat Hulk would dust him.
Cyke can punch through a moutain. Now he can't stop Colossus with it so i guess he's fall but Ironman would have his hands full for a while

muffin man
this is a bit stupid iron man would take out cyclops in a minute with his repulsor rays and his uni beam

ThaWhiteShadow
yea cyclops wouldnt have a chance against ironman

radioboy121
When the X-men were captured by Arcade and when Colossus was temporarily converted as a communist and server to "his people," Cyclops lamented that he was afraid that if he used his full blast against him, he could cripple Colossus. Beyond that, I do not think he's ever tried using a full blast on him.

Ironman might have this one by the way.

The Flash
Ironman.

Krissy Von Doom
I'm sure Ironman would win but it won't be a cakewalk.
It's not as though Cyclops is just going to stand there and take a repulsor beam plus Cyke is more accurate with his optic blasts (which, I was told, can "pulverise" adamantium)

supremthor
iron becuse he blasted mountain

ThaWhiteShadow
cyclops actually has better hand to hand fighting skills than ironman but it wouldnt matter cuz ironman can fly and blast him to hell

Maelstrom
I guess you may be right about todays Colossus. but back when Xavier turned to his green evil impersonater self and controlled the original x to fight the new x, Colossus walked right into and through a direct blast of cyke's and though it burned quite a bit, he took him down.
What i was thinking is that his o - blast is forcefull enough to counter an energy weapon. He could fight for a long time and get in a large number of shoots to the armor.
I was wondering what kind of blast would look good against ironman

lightaxe
Ironman would pwn...

Beyonder
Cyke unleashes his most powerful blast; Iron Man puts up his shield and absorbs it into his armor; then blast Cyclops to death. Iron Man wins...in a hand to hand fight as well since who needs to fly away when you're at least class 85 in strength and the other guy isn't even Class 1/2.

Havoc470
whats with this cyclops fad?

Ironmanpower
The fight can be put in one comic case...

Cyke try to run in fear, Iron man lift up his left arm and BOOM! no more Cyke.

norrin radd
iron man

MatchesMalone
Ironman destroys Cyclops.

theflyxx
Please.

One repulsor blast and Cyke is no more.

Maelstrom
I don't know how well blasts will work on Cyclops since his force blast can probabely reject them. Remember that Cyclops can punch through a mountain with no effort at all. 85 tons is strong but it's not that strong.
Ironman could probabely take it for a while but if Cyclops doesn't let up and can keep his distance then i think he stands a good "shot"

psycho gundam
bump

KingD19
Considering Cyclops blasts have slowed down both a fully powered Juggernaut, and WWH, he packs a serious punch, and he can put his beams head up against a repulsor or unibeam and probably win. A prolonged blast will bash straight through Tony's armor.

rotiart
One blast cleared a forest...
It also destroyed a sentinel one after the blast was redirected by bishop.

Plus the feats above.

The problem with the scenario is that iron man would out fly cyclops blasts. Otherwise on land where iron man couldn't fly I'd say cyclops.

KingD19
True, Iron Man could get out of his range, but that would be a win for Cyclops, because Iron man is basically running away. And any shots that aren't wide spread area affect can easily by knocked off course or outright stopped by his Optic Beams.

rotiart
For all those people saying Tonys shields would just absorb the blast and redirect at cyclops... These aren't energy blasts but merely blasts of concussive force. Sure Tonys shields could take the beating for a few good hits but he couldn't absorb and redirectt the energy like say storm or sunfire.

I reiterate. The only reason tony wins is either sonics or because he can fly. Cyxkups has enough skill to deflect virtually any blast. And honestly scotts strongest blast is probably stronger than any of iron mans

Jynocidus
......it could go either way, but I say it goes to Iron Man the majority.

StiltmanFTW
Iron Man

nimbus006
Originally posted by ThaWhiteShadow
cyclops actually has better hand to hand fighting skills than ironman

Where do you get that from?

IM has trained with Cap for years, and even held his own in h2h against him, for a while at least.

Cyclops is skilled h2h, but he's shown nothing to prove he's better than Tony.

Ironman should win this with little trouble.

Too much speed, power, and intelligence. Cyclops is one of the most well known heroes out there. I'm sure Stark has a whole database on Cyclops, and how to take him down.

Jynocidus
Not to mention, what is Cyke gonna do? Punch Iron Man in the gut? I don't think it would come down to fighting skills entirely...maybe Cyke using momentum against Tony in some odd situation, but if anything while Tony is in that suit his strength is amped. Cyke is basically a human that can shoot beams out of his eyes, he's not doing anything special.

StiltmanFTW
"Off my lawn" blast is Cyclop's only chance. And I'm not even sure if that can stop Tony.

KingD19
Cyclops is a 1st or 2nd degree black belt in Judo, he's been training since he joined the X-Men, and probably before that with his dad.

And no one has info on the mutants except Xavier, so unless you have access to the Xavier Protocols, you don't know jack about them beyond what you've seen and heard, and considering Cyclops didn't register during Secret Wars, it shows Stark has nothing on him.

Did you say the guy who can shoot beams out of his eyes with enough force to split a small moon, and nearly stop WWH and Juggernaut in ther tracks is nothing special?

What about the regular guy in a suit of armor that does everything for him?

A focused beam hitting Iron Man would eventually split his armor.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
Cyclops is a 1st or 2nd degree black belt in Judo, he's been training since he joined the X-Men, and probably before that with his dad.

And no one has info on the mutants except Xavier, so unless you have access to the Xavier Protocols, you don't know jack about them beyond what you've seen and heard, and considering Cyclops didn't register during Secret Wars, it shows Stark has nothing on him.

Did you say the guy who can shoot beams out of his eyes with enough force to split a small moon, and nearly stop WWH and Juggernaut in ther tracks is nothing special?

What about the regular guy in a suit of armor that does everything for him?

A focused beam hitting Iron Man would eventually split his armor.

Black belt in Judo ain't gonna help against Iron Man.

"Power Level 7"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/SecretWarFiles14.jpg
Credit goes to Raoul.

nimbus006

Ironman has files on cosmic entities, I guarentee you he has files on Scott Summers.

nimbus006
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Black belt in Judo ain't gonna help against Iron Man.

"Power Level 7"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/SecretWarFiles14.jpg
Credit goes to Raoul.

laughing Nice

psycho gundam
"REJECT"....ouch..

Jynocidus
Yeah, his beams may be strong. No 200 lbs man is gonna drop Iron Man with fighting skills. Like someone said earlier, GOML blast + leader tactics or it's lights out for Cyke.

psycho gundam
^ and that's IF it hits ironman, his personal force field is extremely powerful.

KingD19
Shield has a file on him, but do they have the actual highest readings his powers can give off? Because he can do some serious damage with his beams, and this is when he doesn't have complete control. If he was in full control of his abilities, he could put out power equaling that of a Nuclear Generator, with force to match. All I'm saying is, you guys are seriously downplaying Cyke.

All Iron Man can really do is either fly out of his range and fire down on him, and nothing will have effect except wide area splash damage weaponry, or get in close, where he will be getting hammered with enough force to temporarily stop Juggernaut and WWH, two forces who are basically unstoppable.

StiltmanFTW
Shield has a file on him, but do they have the actual highest readings his powers can give off? Because he can do some serious damage with his beams, and this is when he doesn't have complete control. If he was in full control of his abilities, he could put out power equaling that of a Nuclear Generator, with force to match. All I'm saying is, you guys are seriously downplaying Cyke.

All Iron Man can really do is either fly out of his range and fire down on him, and nothing will have effect except wide area splash damage weaponry, or get in close, where he will be getting hammered with enough force to temporarily stop Juggernaut and WWH, two forces who are basically unstoppable.

Cyclops is NOT bloodlusted in this thread.

KingD19
When he stopped them he wasn't bloodlusted, he just was trying really hard to stop them. For example, when he was protecting Xavier from Hulk, all he said was shut up to Xavier, then he blasted Hulk.

And he wasn't bloodlusted when he hit Juggernaut, because right after he said something about he hit him with enough force to split a small moon.

And I'm talking about when someone else(can't remember who) used his powers for him or unlocked them or something. He overloaded Bishop in a few seconds, and it was Iron man himself I believe who said he was putting out over 2 gigawatts.

StiltmanFTW
When he stopped them he wasn't bloodlusted, he just was trying really hard to stop them. For example, when he was protecting Xavier from Hulk, all he said was shut up to Xavier, then he blasted Hulk.

And he wasn't bloodlusted when he hit Juggernaut, because right after he said something about he hit him with enough force to split a small moon.

And I'm talking about when someone else(can't remember who) used his powers for him or unlocked them or something. He overloaded Bishop in a few seconds, and it was Iron man himself I believe who said he was putting out over 2 gigawatts.

Fair enough. If IM had Extremis, he'd be too fast for Cyke, though.

Harbinger
Tony takes Scott to school.

StiltmanFTW
^

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/SilkeMMM/Cyclops/youngScottgym.jpg
Credit goes to Silke.

psycho gundam
^laughing

but you know, if he did take the shades off, there would have been a whole wing of the school missing and a new position opened for a phys. ed teacher.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^laughing

but you know, if he did take the shades off, there would have been a whole wing of the school missing and a new position opened for a phys. ed teacher.

stupid flat scan!

SuperiorTech
Damn poor Cyke cant catch a break.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Lord Feron
stupid flat scan! magneto wouldn't take that shit one bit.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
"Off my lawn" blast is Cyclop's only chance. And I'm not even sure if that can stop Tony.

*Bump*

Cap tore through his armor easy enough with his shield in Civil War.

ODG
Originally posted by cdtm
*Bump*

Cap tore through his armor easy enough with his shield in Civil War. That was when the Extremis armor was compromised/disabled by Vision. The armor itself was made of memory metals that are completely flexible. Only when the appropriate charge is properly channeled through it will it become rigid and collimate into superhard planes.

His old classic suit worked the same exact way. While it's clear the armor wasn't completely uncollimated, there are more than enough durability feats of the Extremis armor (when it isn't compromised) that make it evident that Vision's attack probably disrupted the suit's durability with his attack.

wolverinos
Cyclops annihilates ironamn with a full power blasts like the ones breaking that krakan in half.

Jynocidus
Cyclops powers are currently crippled, Iron Man definitely wins right now

JayDaDon
Iron man should win either way. Too much versatility in his armor.

LeonBuco666
Iron man has got flight, speed, strength, variety of attacks & intelligence over cyclops optic beams.
Although he is a master strategist, he's not outsmarting one of the smartest men on earth, and seeing as this is current iron man, cyclops dies within a couple of minutes
Iron man 8/10
The two wins is when scott luckily cuts him in half.

JayDaDon
Does Cyclops even have feats to suggest he could cut someone with the durability feats of Iron man in half? Cause if cyclops is fighting like he usually does and not spam GOML blasts, the blasts shouldn't be anything IM can't take.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Does Cyclops even have feats to suggest he could cut someone with the durability feats of Iron man in half? Cause if cyclops is fighting like he usually does and not spam GOML blasts, the blasts shouldn't be anything IM can't take.
His optic blasts can definately cut through Iron Mans armor and obviously Tony.

JayDaDon
What feat are you basing this off of? Keep in mind all the things that the armor has stood up to

LeonBuco666
Name me something "planet busting' that the armor has withstood lately, because cyclops with a high end blast can easily bust planets.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Name me something "planet busting' that the armor has withstood lately, because cyclops with a high end blast can easily bust planets. Easily bust planets...

when?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by BENITO
this is a bit stupid iron man would take out cyclops in a minute with his repulsor rays and his uni beam

I see that you're a pretty big Cyclops fan; you gave him a full minute...

Iron Man *SPITE*

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Krissy Von Doom
I'm sure Ironman would win but it won't be a cakewalk.
It's not as though Cyclops is just going to stand there and take a repulsor beam plus Cyke is more accurate with his optic blasts (which, I was told, can "pulverise" adamantium)

(which, I was told, can "pulverise" adamantium) no expression

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Easily bust planets...

when?

LeonBuco666
It was said full power OB rip small planets apart and/or cut through them. Planet > iron man armor durability by leaps an bounds, so a high end blast hitting IM and he's getting pulvarised.

JayDaDon
So he hasn't busted planets, it's just something that someone said? He needs the actual feats to back it up

Tony Stark
Aren't Cyclops optic blasts are concussive blasts?

h1a8
Im easily, almost spite

Mindset
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
It was said full power OB rip small planets apart and/or cut through them. Planet > iron man armor durability by leaps an bounds, so a high end blast hitting IM and he's getting pulvarised. It said small moon and it never happened.

quanchi112
Ironman wins.

pym-ftw
Cyke would be lucky to hit Ironman

Cyke would win a DBZ style blast contest though.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Mindset
It said small moon and it never happened.
Stop lying to make Scott look weaker, it was blaitently stated twice on different occasions, One(Cut through a small planet) Two(Too be able to RIP small planets apart)
Thats the only reply you will get from me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.