New Lightsaber and Force Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoFate007
As we all know, in each movie there is a new lightsaber design and a new Force Power that we are shown. Palpatine's lightsaber doesn't really count since its just a red-bladed one with a straight hilt like normal.

Lightsabers:

Episode I - double-edged
Episode II - curved hilt, purple lightsaber
Episode III - ?
Episode IV - lightsaber introduced
Episode V - N/A
Episode VI - Green bladed

Force Powers:
Episode I - Speed
Episode II - Avalanche
Episode III - ?
Episode IV - Choke, Mind Trick
Episode V - Push/Pull, Jump
Episode VI - Lightning

Any clue as to what is gonna fill in these spots?

Ushgarak
Avalanche? That was just Pulling! You may as well say Yoda introduced the power "X-Wing Moving"!

NoFate007
Well I don't wanna bring up the subject of Supershadow since that just makes topics go down the gutter, but if that wasn't the force power, what was?

jedijunky1138
I think you are reading too much into this. Imean we see the Mind Trick thing in the first two movies.

NoFate007
I'm not saying we don't see the Force Powers again, we obviously do, seeing as Pull and Push are in everything now. I'm saying that theres always a new Force Power and a new lightsaber design (as you can see by the examples), so chances are Lucas is gonna put a new one of them in Episode III as well.

SomeGuy57
Dooku's curved lightsaber was the dumbest thing ever. GL was running out of ideas and thought that he just had to have some sort of new type of lightsaber.

musashi_sw
Speed in ep1 where?!

waynerobsonuk
well there was a force jump...

Wayne...

Mist
sidious is supposed to do some SERIOUS bada$$ powers in ep3, so they might be new ones. maybe general greivous has a new saber design?

bilbofett
NoFate,
I had never thought of this before, but its an interesting thought. A new force element....... one more reason for May to hurry up & get here already!!!!

NoFate007
The destroyer droids are attacking Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon on the TF ship and right when they flee, they have that really quick run away. Its after Qui-Gon says its a stand-off.

Grievous may very well be the one with the new lightsaber design, unless we are meant to accept Grievous himself as a new design sorta---seeing as he wields 4 at a time, that might have to do for it instead of an actual lightsaber hilt difference or a new color or something. I've always thought it would be awesome to have like, a trident lightsaber, but that's not gonna happen sad

Mist
how about we list a bunch of scenes where possible force powers could occur and then try and guess any new ones which could happen.

eg.
1) Sidious's duel with Yoda (some dark stuff)
2) Anakins extraction from the lava (as in some sort of healing power or something)
3) Jedi temple purge (more dark attacks like lightining and so forth)
4) Vaders uprising (could use some new force power he gains from his transformation)
5) Yoda on Kashyyyk (i have no idea what sort of force powers he could use to help wookiees.)

Mist
laughing out loud i always thought that part where they run was bad editing.
how about rancisis's saber with the double ended saber. it looks like the letter Y. with the two ends poking from one side.

NoFate007
Its possible that there is some sort of Force Heal (although I don't really like the idea), I've always thought these ideas were awesome to me:

Force Fireball/Force Tornado/Force Earthquake

and some of my own adaptations (if they've already done these, I don't know, cause I don't play the games or read EU):

Force Paralysis - temporarily freezes opponents

Force Horror - essentially makes the person feel as though they can never win and stuff, so they give up or commit suicide or get afraid so much that they die from fear.

Force Cyclone - basically what would happen if you took all your insides and put them in a hurricane, lol.

Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll look cool.

SomeGuy57
I agree with you Mist on the speed in Episode I. It looked really bad and faked the way they moved so fast.

NoFate007
It did look horrible. I wish they would've just thought of a different power instead, or used it at a different time, like when Obi-Wan runs towards Qui-Gon and Maul dueling after he is knocked off the platforms.

Mist
paralysis and horror are in KOTOR. horror wouldnt be much good in a movie cause we wouldnt know what the hell is happenening unless the character announces 'ok, take this: FORCE HORROR!' and lets go with a wrath of force.

tornado and earthquake are in EU and would be actually pretty damn cool to see onscreen. (imagine Kashyyyk, yoda and the wookiees surrounded by droids, then yoda lets out a force tornado and blasts the droids to crap.)

as for the force heal, it could be a darkside version where anakin rips the life from another being in order to heal himself. (much like the move in KOTOR)

.:Space Opera:.
dual lightsabers will be the star of the movie i bet.

Darth_Nefarus
Sidious is going to use a Sith spell to transform into Sidious. That is the new power I guess. Force Mask is what I'm calling it.

Milosz006
I'm pretty sure I heard something about a "force: gas attack" where Yoda poots in Sidious' face

NoFate007
That might actually be it.

sexyking
[

Force Powers:
Episode I - Speed

Actually your wrong force speed was used in episodev by luke. big grin

tpaquin
This is all pretty arbirtary, isn't it? Maybe there's nothing.

DARTH DADDY
I have to disagree with an earlier comment about the count's saber. I think it's very elegant just like he is. GG doesn't make saber's, he just uses what he has taken off of died Jedi. I absolutely agree with you on this one, there will be something new.

"
Actually your wrong force speed was used in episodev by luke. "

wtf.....?

musashi_sw
i'm dont know where is force speed in ep1

Sith Master X
In the beginning where Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are fighting off the droids.

NoFate007
When? He uses Force Jump when he's in the carbonite freezing chamber and latches onto that system of pipes, Force Pull to get his lightsaber out of the ice in the Wampa's cavern thing, certainly doesn't use Speed during his training with Yoda, nothing else unless there's some deleted scene that I've never heard about or anything.

way to start a hustle porposely sexking

epolieboy
Couldn't force speed also be when Qui-gon says podracing is very fast and very dangerous and Aniken says he is the only human who can do it. Meaning he has some super fast reflex ability related to speed.

sure.....

Ushgarak
Sorry... I just don't actually agree with the basic premise. Your examples are actually not comprehensive.

GL wiil throw in any idea he has at the time, he does it in every movie to keep it a little bit interesting.

Ushgarak
Indeed. There is no regular pattern of new stuff appearing... just the entirely normal idea of sequels bringing more stuff as time goes by.

"Couldn't force speed also be when Qui-gon says podracing is very fast and very dangerous and Aniken says he is the only human who can do it. Meaning he has some super fast reflex ability related to speed."

No- Qui-Gon SPECIFIES that he only appears to have fast reflexes because he is in fact reacting to things before they happen.

But blurry speed was definitely seen in TPM and I thought it looked fine.

but i do expect to see something different in the next movie.

Ushgarak
Quite possibly. Or maybe five or eight new things, but what there won't be is any continuation of the suggested pattern of one power and one new sabre, as that does not exist.

§pearhead
"dumb"? not at all. Dooku uses a fencing technique, and his saber reflects this. I hardly think Lucas did this to say "Oh look, I made a new saber in each movie!" I don't think that was his goal, either; it's not like there's a new saber in ESB.

i would def. not expect a new STYLE of saber just a broadening of the dual lughtsabers that we got a hint of in AOTC with the ani vs. dooku fiight.

Captain REX
You have to keep in mind that the Force is not magic. Paralysis and Horror is feasible, whereas fireballs and tornados are not, in my opinion. Paralysis would be like using Grip, only focused on something other than the throat muscles. Horror would be a mind trick.

Tornadoes and cyclones and fireballs? I think not!

....this isnt dragonball z....lol.

epolieboy
what about force lighting, they have that. so what do you call that, controling electricty in the air or something

how about, force pleasure. giving the ability to a jedi to pleasure any women in sight with his mind. whew thats hot.

epolieboy
thats a good idea...i already have it though

ahhhh..... i see, would your last name happen to be.....HEFFNER?

NoFate007
Exactly what I was gonna say. If Yoda could take the lightning and form it into a ball as shown in Episode II, then why can't he instead of creating lightning and manipulating it, just immediately put it into the ball form and chuck it? Sounds a bit like a Force Fireball to me, although it isn't fire the technique could be the same.

epolieboy
i see your point, it is feasible

no no no. it went into the form of a ball because he was stopping it with his hands. he wouldnt be able to just automatically jus form a lightning ball . lightning is lightning, and this isnt dragonballz

epolieboy
but if he can create lighting with his fingers, why can't he create fire too, and other natural earth materials

maybe its not lightning. maybe its the force in a seeable fashion.

epolieboy
ahh...interesting view. also...a stronger, more powerful force and that is why it hurts so bad, and why it can be seen. that would also explain why only very powerful people can use it. (dooku, emperor, yoda)

thats what i have believed for so long, honestly though, how powerful is dooku? he doesnt seem to be that powerful to me.

Delfedd
yoda can't use it. He can only reflect it. Remember, lucas prolly wanted to convey EVIL when using force lightning. I allways thought of it as a kinda black hole kinda thingie, but it looks like lightning.

You can tell i'm good at science.

yoda could if he wanted to, but he choses not to cause its darkside

epolieboy
he looked pretty pissed when he deflected it and held it within him. It looked like he wanted to throw it back at him really bad but he held in his anger cause he knows what anger leads too...

Darth_Nefarus
Yoda could use force lightning, or any other force power, but the jedi typically choose not to because of how aggressive it is.

schill142
Well he made short work of OB1, and had Anakin been a split second slower in blocking his Saber, Dooku would have killed OB1. He then defeated Anakin leaving him with one less arm then he started with. Finally, he held his own against the most powerful and respected Jedi Master at that time (Yoda); before leaving the duel unresolved.

When one examines the duration of fencing contests and even the style of sword fighting utilized by the Samurai, the Yoda v Dooku battle was very long. The fact that he survived as long as he did versus Yoda is a testament to his ability.

Dooku is quite powerful indeed.

NoFate007
Not anymore, he's just a punk in Episode III.

schill142
Punk is a little strong. We are lead to believe that he was killed only when Anakin began to give in to the dark side with the encouragement of the Emperor. Still, one can't deny what he has done.

NoFate007
Eh he's a punk, lol.

sexyking
If it hasnt got fire then its not a fireball then is it. It's more of a lightning ball and i dont think jedi use does kind of powers.

NoFate007
That thing right there isn't fire, but if a Jedi can make lightning come out of their fingers, what says they can't make fire? And people always say Jedi don't use those powers cause they're evil or something...we haven't seen them use them, but that doesn't mean its forbidden or anything. Thats like saying since we haven't seen Maul use Force Lightning that he doesn't have the power to.

Ushgarak
Time has shown that it is a bad idea to rule anything out; these things follow Lucas' whim. Still, we can shade odds pretty heavily on some things, and the more flashy the power, the less likely we are now to see it.

Cowboyography
Dooku is very powerful and his son (who was hidden like luke along with deathstar plans) will begin the empire uprising that will make up episodes 7,8,9!!!!!!!

General Kaliero
I really do not want to dignify that with a relevant reply.

So, instead, I will say that I always thought of Lightning as a physical manifestation of the Force.

Obi-Wan says in ANH that the Force is an ENERGY FIELD that surrounds all living things. If you manifest energy from the air (charging negative particles) what results is electricity.

Lightning is not lightning by choice. Lightning is just what happens when attacking with the raw Force.

NoFate007
Idk, but I still think that we're seeing a new Force Power and possibly a new lightsaber design or color in ROTS

" will begin the empire uprising that will make up episodes 7,8,9!!!!!!!"

your joking?

well i wouldnt rule out a new saber design but not a new power

Mist
tornados are possible cause all they are doing are controlling the wind around them.

NoFate007
TOLD YA! Lol. That's one down. Force power anyone?

By the way...*bump* lol

mtryder
Wake me up when someone uses a white saber.

bILLYgOAT
What happened to the midiclorians that Lucas pulled out of his ass?

Maverick2364
What kind of a question is that?

Midiclorians are likely what gives the Jedi enough awareness and control of the force, like a skill. I really dont understand your question.

On a separate note, I don't think Lucas would formulate fire elements.

NoFate007
Any ideas on what the new Force power might be then?

Darth_Nefarus
I had one but no one seemed to take it seriously. Force Mask, how else could Sidious stand in front of the most powerful Jedi's around and con them into believing that he is a feeble old man.

I also thought it would be cool if Sidious shot a force fireball at Yoda, and before it exploded Yoda used a Force Vanish to teleport away, making Sidioud believe he was dead. There's two new powers.

Wouldn't it be sick if Sidious could harness enough dark energy into his palm to grab a lightsabre blade and break it/crush it?

i wanna see a silver saber...that would be cool like in KOTOR 2

Xanatos
naw opal or orange silver and Viridian kind off sucked.

what was viridian?

Xanatos
like a silver green

NoFate007
I would have to say that the best idea in my mind for a Force power would be Force Fireball. Now, it doesn't have to be a real ball of fire, it could be like that ball of energy Yoda had in his hands in AOTC, but created out of thin air and with a bit of a different color and stuff. I don't like the idea of a Force Vanish, cause then that would create plot holes as to why people didn't use that in certain battles and stuff. I think the ones that would make the most sense are fireball and a Force Shield of some sort. Maybe a Force Levitation, or Force Paralysis.

bILLYgOAT
that didn't answer my question.
how was midis omitted from EP II-VI so far
also, aren't they some type of leech bacteria bullshit that was dreamed up by a Lucas sycophant,... wank-fod ?

bILLYgOAT
btw
happy new year

Maverick2364
The Light side seems more geared towards defensive powers.
Push and Pull are neutral and used by both sides, but the light uses absorb and Yoda reflected the lightning back at Dooku. I don't think the light side would have offensive powers.

The sith are the ones with lightning and grip on KOTOR and JK3 and JK2, and the sith use Destruction, and deadly sight in Jedi Knight. So if anything "Force Fireball" would be used by Sidious or Anakin and not Yoda.

NoFate007
I wasn't saying that Yoda should do it, I was using the scene from Episode II as a visual guide. Besides, Lucas has never stated himself that the Jedi never use offensive moves, we've just never seen them. Luke used a Force Choke in Return of the Jedi, that's not defensive, he could've pushed them. Chances are the new Force power, unless its a shield of some sort, will be used by Palpatine just because he's got the "Force power spotlight" for the duel.

ArthasKnight
Force crush maybe? Unless it's the same as Force choke in which case I'll shut up.

Maverick2364
I have no recollection of Luke using choke (I could be wrong) what was the scene?

NoFate007
When he enters Jabba's palace and the pig looking guards come at him, he raises his hand and then you see the guard holding his neck and falling to the ground.

Maverick2364
Ah yeah that's right, good observationscool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.