halo 2 vs GTA san andreas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zl i
on a rating 1-10 10 being higest what would you rate each game and why?

ChickinMeat
well, i dont want to burst your bubble son, or seem arrogant, but they are completly different games from each other, and cant really be compared.

but then i havnt had the chance to play either of them embarrasment

dave123
they're both too much like the one's before them... both are great, but nothing special or original sleep

SlipknoT
GTA: San Andreas 10/10

Halo 2: 8/10

hh?
Halo 2 = too much hype 8.5/10

GTA = did its job 9.5/10

Zen2nd
GTA san andreas same old same 8/10

Halo 2 (I'm an online nut and online rocks in this game!) 10/10

ScarFace Clone
GTA- 10/10
halo2- gay nothin diffrent 7/10

Wolf Dog
lol. nice review of halo 2

MC Mike
The basic criteria for this thread is which one changed the most, for the better.

GTA San Andreas.

zl i
lol bush sux

Linkalicious
I haven't played GTA San Andreas because I don't have a PS2, but if they did ANYTHING to improve camera angles or to make running better...then it probably deserves a 10.

Halo 2 was awesome in my opinion. Its a much better game than the original. The story is great, the new weapons are great, dual wielding is awesome, multiplayer and vehicles kick ass too. 10. smile

I'm so easy to please...

SlipknoT
Halo 2 gets old really quick

zander91
halo2 is bettersan andreas sucks it has horrible graphics and it like a copy of vice city with a few upgrades and a diffrent story
and your black.

gta san andreas 4/10 stupid it gets old the first time you play it
halo2 10/10 didn't get boring till 3 months after i got it

*LEGATO*
since i havent played Halo 2.. i'd have to say San Andreas..

SaTsuJiN
san andreas - 4/10

halo 2 - 7/10

Red Superfly
The amount of PS2 fanboys and XBox fanboys is depressing.......

You can tell just by reading some of these commnets that half of you don't even own both of them.

GTA IS better than Halo 2, but to be honest, I played them both for a month then switched off.

GTA = Bigger, better, awesome setting, huge city, best of the lot. However, the bugs and annoying glitches (the biggest one for me was the absolutely unbelievable traffic behaviour - screwing up many a mission with its randomness) seemed to triple from the last. Walls that would load-in 3 metres from your 100mph car, and trees that will magically appear before your jet fighter got old really fast. And, the mission structure was no where as freeform as the previous two, it was actually more linear. The last mission is the best example of such linearity. No where near the freedom of the last battle of GTA 3. It was more "do this, do that, use this car, drive here" than the others. And, I didn't feel compelled to carry on playing after finishing the main misisons, which is a first. 8/10

Halo 2 - Over-hyped, over-rated. Main story was awful. I played till the end to see if it would get better. It didn't, the single player aspect is boring, the graphics are worse than Halo 1. The plot is contrived, following the same sort of misconceptions as The Matrix that "contrived = good storytelling". The levels are linear, and tedious. I also hated the Tolkien-esque accents of the aliens (WTF was that all about anyway?). The only fun I had with this game was on XBox Live. It's possibly the best online shooter on a console, but I can name many PC games that are better than it when it comes to awesome online FPS. What also ruins the game is the people on XBox Live Halo 2 are the most obnoxious bunch of geeks on the planet. Halo 2 was the last ditch game for me to see if keeping my XBox Live account running is worth it. Now I'm not so sure. I don't think Halo 2 is worth botherring with for more than a couple of months at a time. 7/10

SaTsuJiN
: In your opinion

Red Superfly
Yeah my opinion. WTF?

SaTsuJiN
you sorta made it sound like facts, thats all.. no offense smile

SlipknoT
Graphics mean shit. All around SA is much better than Halo 2.

dave123
Graphics DO add weight to the overall game decision yes

Red Superfly
Actually graphics have an effect on gameplay.

GTA = Graphics/trees/walls load in at poor draw distances. It looks bad sure, but I wouldn't mind if it didn't actually affect the gameplay the way it does. There have been a few times where I have driven a car at high speeds, hit an invisible wall - THEN it loads up said wall. Same thing has happened in a plane. I'll be flying along perfectly fine when five feet ahead of me loads up a tree. The plane can't move to avoid it and boom!

At least Halo doesn't have graphics that are detrimental to the gameplay itself. Halo 2 does however have dissapointing graphics comparred to Halo 1. Sometimes in cutscenes you'll see textures and LOD load-in. It's over-ambitious and results in a graphical failure for a split second, but it's there, happens a lot, and gets annoying. What adds salt into the wounds is that the game doesn't even look any more detailed or flashy than its predessor. Wierd.

But graphics are very important, to me anyway. Depends on the game. If it's an old school platformer, fine, it can be 16-bit sprites for all I care. If it's something like Halo 2 or GTA, people who buy these games expect above average 3D graphics, or at least graphics that are seamless and don't constantly remind you that it's just a video game.

Don't get me wrong, I like both games, but there's better stuff out there right now.

ARC Trooper 117
Exactly dave123. yes
I played SA once, and it didn't seem to be anything different.
Meh, I prefer HALO 2.
9.5/10

WindDancer
Some poll you made there fella. Which one is better? give me a break. This the old PS2 games vs Xbox games debates that don't go anywhere. Two different genres and then pick the best? I don't think so. Not even when GTA San Andreas comes for Xbox I'm going compare it to Halo 2. Uh-uh no way. This is a joke. I'll just say both are fun games to play. Nuff said for now.

Sith Master X
I like San Andreas better, though Halo is great as well.

ScarFace Clone
i i like San Andreas much beter than halo 2 as well. personaly i think there is so many more things you can do.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by ScarFace Clone
i i like San Andreas much beter than halo 2 as well. personaly i think there is so many more things you can do.

Wetari
GTA San Andreas definetly

IcePunk
Yeah, me too, that game serie is my favorite, so many funny cheats smile big grin wink eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.