Captain America ( Isaiah Bradley) vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nathaniel Grey
According to Marvel's more recent story " Truth " Steven Rogers was not the original Captain America. It was in fact a man named Isaiah Bradley. Who'd win in an all out 'bout?

supremthor
Isaiah Bradley????

Nathaniel Grey
Yes, Isaiah Bradley. The original Captain America.

supremthor
damn when was this?

Nathaniel Grey
About a year or so ago. Marvel released a six part comic series called " Truth " which explained that before Steve Rogers -- the U.S. Government was experimenting with the Super Soldier Serum on African-Americans.

supremthor
ok then Isaiah Bradley wines even if it makes no sense

supremthor
http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=3357

Irish Wolverine
What makes him different from Steve Rodgers? If they have the same strengths and training it'd be too hard to call it.

ScarletSpider
It does make sense. Instead of wasting their good white soldiers, the american government tested out early super soldier serums on african-americans. Isaiah was one of the early successes, although overtime his intelligence diminished to that of a 10 year old's or so. The government later took a semen sample and used a surrogate mother to produce a son, who became Josiah X/Justice (from the Crew). He displays super-soldier traits as well, enhanced physiology--can lift around 850 pounds, doesn't tire or get sick, better agility, reflexes etc. Josiah is over 50, but appears to be in his 20's.

There was a really neat image of Isaiah on the cover of Wizard #131

Nathaniel Grey
I think personally that Josiah X a.k.a Justice and or Isaiah Bradley would whoop Captain America with little problems.

Capt.JK
I think you're just trying to goad me into another war of words. Have you actually read the whole "Truth" series? And have you actually read any of the "Crew" books (which suck, btw). Neither of these guys are in Captain America's (Rogers) league.

Nathaniel Grey
Yes, I own them. Why else would I bring them up? And The Crew was actually very good though " Truth " had horrible art. Goad you? I'd never do such a thing. ::coughcaptainamericasucksfanboycoughs.::

Irish Wolverine
Why do you think he would beat Cap? Is there any difference in their powers?

Nathaniel Grey
Not really no. The serum was tested on Bradley first and so he's got basically all of the same attributes as Rogers. Even Bradley's son Josiah inhereted that power. He's a 55 year old man in the body of a 25 year old. It's funny how no one seems to be in Caps league but Captain America(Rogers) and then...even THE first Captain America(Isaiah) isn't in Captain America's (Rogers) league.

Irish Wolverine
Ok. Well why do you think he would win then?

ScarletSpider
I thoroughly enjoyed the Crew as well, Nathaniel. What did you not like about them Capt.? Just curious, we all have our favorite genre's when it comes to this stuff, so is it that you just don't like urban political crime?

Rogers does have better training, though Isaiah isn't a push over in the least. It depends on when you pit the battle, Isaiah meeting Rogers at some random company get together in 1941 (Rogers w/o the traditional) shield, I think Isaiah would put him down. He had not one, but two causes to fight for, as evident in the Double Victory symbol on his shield and the tattoo.

namorsubby
isaiah.......because he's black.......yeah, i said it.laughing out loud

jk, guys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.