Cyclops vs. Spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
clapping O.k. Spider-man is really good and fast so he might stand a shot at reaching Cyke and kicking his butt.

lightaxe
no Spiderman kills cyclops its not even a contest.

mr.smiley
i go with cyclops.

Kontraz
cyclopse has nothing on spidey. Spidey could probably take a few of his blasts without being TOO hurt, but cyclops only has human level endurance.... one punch from spidey and its nighty-night cyke.

mr.smiley
and cyclops knows that.
thats what i like about cyclops.
He doesn't have this big damage tolerance and yet he can go with the best of them

Kontraz
i used to like him, but i HATE emma frost... and since he's with her, he has definately lost major "cool points" with me.

mr.smiley
i'm still waiting to see how their gonna play that out.
I see emma going back bad

uQifg2WV
Definately Cyclops. His beam thingy would clip spidey. One hit and spideys hurt, and he'd fall, and he'd lose agility fallin. He'd be more susceptible to being hit. Cyclops wou8ld realize this and fry him more. Venom would then eat spiderman. Even though hes cooked.

who?-kid
Ever heard of spidersense ?

miahera
cylcops couldn't touch him. spiderman.

MatchesMalone
Spiderman should win easily.

The Flash
Spider-Man.

Imperial_Samura
I see no way Cyclops would be able to touch Spiderman. I am sure his eye beams or whatever have a range limit, and he has nowhere near the speed of Spiderman, who, with his spidersense could easily avoid anything Cyclops chucked at him. An besides 10 seconds in an his visor would be knocked of with a glob of that web stuff....

Mainstream
If Cyclops shots Spidey with that mega optic beam he shot Onslaught with in the comics, Spidey would be amazing webbed covered chunks!

Linkalicious
I think Cyclops would give him a decent work out by blasting the living daylights out of any area that Spidey may take up, but as it's been pointed out....Spidey would dodge with his spider sense and evenually beat Scott down.

radioboy121
In a Todd McFarlane work where Spiderman would eventually be helped by them from his nightmares of Morbius, Cyclops (and the majority of the other original X-Men) couldn't lay a finger on Spiderman. It took Marvel Girl with her telekinesis to stop him.

Linkalicious
Same goes in Secret Wars.

Spidey dances around most of the X-men without them being able to lay a finger on him.

uQifg2WV
He's got his spidey sense, but he can't avoid forever. Will Cyclops ever run out of optic beam thingys, I wouldn't place money on it. Spidey can't always avoid everything thrown at him. People seem to think it is completely impossible touch him. He's been hit before. He's been punched before. He'd not a God, possesing the greatest agility in the universe.

mr.smiley
in secret wars the x men were having a problem working as a team and straightend up after spidey escapes.Plus wolverine alone can beat spidey.

pr1983
okay, and this is coming form probably the biggest cyclops fan here...

spidey wins, why? speed agility, spider sense, endurance.

and the fact that cyclops will most definately hold back puts him at an immediate disadvantage. is he capable of beating spidey? yes, if he went postal... the blast in the onslaught saga was too wide for anyone, even spidey, to dodge. that would do it.

if cyclops fights without restraint he has a chance, but even then i still say spidey.

as powerful and accurate as cyclops can be, hes only gonna get one or two shots that connect on spidey, and he's never gonna use even half his full power. spidey will recover.

spidey all the way.

radioboy121
Cyclops' concussive blast correlates as much as running does to other people. Eventually, with time he will tire out. If he pushes himself too hard by using intense energy, the time would be sooner. Instead of food to rebuild energy for this source however, he uses the rays from the sun.

Maelstrom
Ah that wacky spider-sense. That and his dexterity should enable him to avoid some of Cyke's blows. But if Spider-man lands on a building Cyclops will erase the building.
In order for Spider-man to finish this fight he has to come up behind Cyclops. The question is can Cyclops destroy Spider-man's webbing.
I think he can but it would take him to long to do so. Spider-man would have ample time to pounce and finish him.
Still that is only if he can avoid getting hit. Cause Spider-man doesn't have any extra protection physically.

paeng
Cyclops can destroy Spidey's webbing in an instant want to know why in X-men AOA where X-man came from Cyclops pulverizes Wolverine's hand along with the adamantium. And don't forget that Cyclops has fought and beat faster enemies like Quicksilver when he was still a villain.

Linkalicious
Cyclops has also had a hard time with Morlocks...

Quicksilver is fast at running, Spiderman is quick in reacting.

Lord-of-Dreams
Wonder. Cyclops blasts straight forward at Spiderman. PP dodges, jumping, and Cy continues the blast underneath him. Spidey falls, Spidey dies.
I'm not sure about this theory, but I say it makes enough sense. Assuming that it's after all the buildings have been blown down.

wolverine8888
spiderman with out a dought even if scot does tag him with a shot it wont kill spiderman unless it set for fulll and that will waist a lot of cyclops power trying to hit spiderman at that power. next spiderman can just web him up or give him one slap and it ko for cyke

DarkCrawler
Yeah, Spider-Man wins this.

Lord-of-Dreams
Originally posted by wolverine8888
spiderman with out a dought even if scot does tag him with a shot it wont kill spiderman unless it set for fulll and that will waist a lot of cyclops power trying to hit spiderman at that power. next spiderman can just web him up or give him one slap and it ko for cyke

Do you realise thatSpidey would have to get close to Cyclops to slap him? Yes? Good. I'll just let you figure out what I'm saying. Next question... how many people (real characters, not just robbers) has Spidey ever KO'd? Don't worry, pal, you'll only need one of your hands for this.
It was stated earlier that Cyclops' fire power is equal to a runners dex. It's true, but remember, Some runners can run for days. Training increases running power.

hoorayforpeepee
actually the blasts don't tire him out, because they are always automatically on. if he could tire out his beams, he would shoot at the sky for four hours so he could actually look at people without, you know, killing them.

Lord-of-Dreams
good point. so he just whips of his shades and... well... at least I'm saving $5 every month wink

vaya_the_elf
It depends on who the fight is.

Although I'd go with Spiderman.

DigiMark007
The only way Cyke wins is if he whips off his visor and covers a huge area. That said, in the time it would take him to think of that and do it, SM would have... A. Shot him in the face with web. B. Jumped straight at him and punched his head off. C. Both of those.

Someone mentioned Cyke holding back. If that's true then so would SM...but for the purposes of the arguments always assume that they wouldn't hold back.

SM can dodge bullets (not in a Matrix-sense) but he's fast enough to realize they're coming and get out of the way. And he's even had practice dodging a continuous energy beam (upgraded Scorpion anyone?) which is no different than Cyclops would do.

SM by a mile.

-DM

Lord-of-Dreams
Originally posted by DigiMark007
The only way Cyke wins is if he whips off his visor and covers a huge area. That said, in the time it would take him to think of that and do it, SM would have... A. Shot him in the face with web. B. Jumped straight at him and punched his head off. C. Both of those.

Someone mentioned Cyke holding back. If that's true then so would SM...but for the purposes of the arguments always assume that they wouldn't hold back.

SM can dodge bullets (not in a Matrix-sense) but he's fast enough to realize they're coming and get out of the way. And he's even had practice dodging a continuous energy beam (upgraded Scorpion anyone?) which is no different than Cyclops would do.

SM by a mile.

-DM
Dude!! SM hoots Cyke in the face with web, Cyke blasts the web of with his eyes. That was easy.
SM jumps towards Cyke's head, Cyke blasts him. My, my!! Everything is sooooo easy today!! big grin
Oh, and why would SM hold back if Cyke did?

who?-kid
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
Yes? Good. I'll just let you figure out what I'm saying. Next question... how many people (real characters, not just robbers) has Spidey ever KO'd? Don't worry, pal, you'll only need one of your hands for this.
Do you actually read comics ?

I like Cyclops, but Spider-Man is stronger, faster, tougher, more agile, more experienced, has a spider-sense and has his nigh unbreakable web. That is just too much.

Scenario:

They meet, Cyclops tries to hit him with his optic beam, SM dodges and webs up his visor. Even if it takes Cyclops only two seconds to blast through it, or to take it off, it will confuse him a bit and you just can't afford losing time when fighting SM. Half a second is more than enough to jump behind Cyclops and kick his ass from right here to right over there lol.

Linkalicious
Right hand - web face

Left hand - web leg

Pull...

Cyke is on the floor shooting the ceiling above him....ceiling falls. Cyke is dead.

who?-kid
Dude!! SM hoots Cyke in the face with web, Cyke blasts the web of with his eyes. That was easy.
SM jumps towards Cyke's head, Cyke blasts him. My, my!! Everything is sooooo easy today!! big grin
Thanks to his reflexes, speed and spider-sense it's nearly impossible to even touch Spider-Man (when written right).

He has dodged gunfire, machinegun fire, laser attacks (sometimes all at the same time by the way) for many years now, thanks to his abilities, but somehow, the optic beam of Scott will do the job ?

Yeah right.

DigiMark007
who kid finished what I should have said in the first place.

Webbing to the face is just to buy time...maybe only half a second before Cyke opens his eyes and figures out what's going on. But that time is enough for SM to get the jump on him. Maybe not take him out in that time, but get behind him, close to him, etc. And doging the optic blasts, as previously stated, would not be a problem.

-DM

Lord-of-Dreams
Yea. SM webs the visor. OK. While Cyke is getting his head about, Spidey jumps. I can handle that. While he is in the air, Cyke blast the web away. Spidey is fast. I understand that. But I doubt if he's gonna dodge a blast in mid-air from a foot away. The webbing doesn't reall buy time unless the web is hittin legs or arms or something.
Oh, and I said something about PP never KO'ing anybody. I meant with one hit.

who?-kid
Yea. SM webs the visor. OK. While Cyke is getting his head about, Spidey jumps. I can handle that. While he is in the air, Cyke blast the web away. Spidey is fast. I understand that. But I doubt if he's gonna dodge a blast in mid-air from a foot away.
How on earth does Cyclops know - when removing the web from his visor - where Spider-Man is ? Jumping over Cyclops only takes a fraction of a second and SM isn't going to warn Scott.

And besides, I said "jumping over Cyclops" but that's of course not necessarily. There are countless ways to knock him out.

I can see Cyclops beating Captain America, I really do. But not Spider-Man.

Lord-of-Dreams
Dude, I wasn't talking about what you said. DM said something about SM jumping at Cyke's head.
And I never said anything about Cyke knowing where SM is. But if SM jumps at his head (like DM said) and Cyke were to blast the webbing away, SM would be caught by the blast.
and for the record. I hate Cyclops. I prefer Spiderman.

SarKastic_OJ
LOD, Spider-man indeed has the fair advantage as he does have superior speed, agility, strength, spider-sense, and webbing, while Cyclops being one-dimensional only has his optic blast...

Now to give credit where it's due, Cyclops' Optic Blast can do range from devastating to ultra-devastating as he toppled the likes of Onslaught..One good clean show would floor Spider-man for sure..

But, Spider-man isn't one of marvel's finest for nothing and really knows how to avoid offensive attacks(besides, his spider sense would come in handy), and he would proceed to deliver a hellified and speedy butt whoopin to the leader of the X-men....

manjaro
two things
1: when has any of you ever seen cyclops literally lay a hand on some body he's fighting

2: how many times have you seen spidey get
A: clipped by bullets from police officers/fleeing bank robbers
B: get banged up by Doc Ock's tentacles/Lizard's tail
C: get smacked around by someone as lowly as Vulture/HammerHead
D: get choked and slammed by King Pin
E: get zapped by Electro/Shocker
the list of 2nd and third raters go on and on...

i dont deny for one minute that he's incredibly speedy but be that as it may he cannot move faster than scott can turn his head left-right, up-down. and since the beam coming from his eyes are moving at the speed of light, i dont see how he can live. maybe he'll ddoge the first couple of shots but sooner or later he gets blasted.

plus if anyone remembers scott has a control mechanism for his visor in his gloves so he doesnt have to press the button at the sides so if spidey fires web in his face it wouldnt be a factor, not only bcuz it would get zapped off quicker than it got thier but bcuz his eyes would be procted under the visor anyway so its not like he would have to squint.

somebody said earlier that if spidey gets hit with a full blast he wouldnt be hurt much. R U shittin me? this is a guy who repeatedly has blown holes thru buildings,sent cars flying, and ripped thru super dense super durable Sentinels like a hot fork thru flap jacks, and at full power can blow thru mountains if he felt like it. and spidey isnt gonna be hurt much?

lets also not forget that He has an uncanny ability to compute trigonometric relations, which allows him to bounce his optic blasts with incredible accuracy. so spidey's agilty would only get him so far b4 he gets introduced to his insides that are laying next to him on the pavement

manjaro
besides its not like he's gonna be standing in the same spot thru-out the whole fight while spidey is jumping around.

theflyxx
Spidey would win an encounter with Cyclops. I just don't see Cyclops coming out on top.

DigiMark007
The reason Spider-Man sometimes looks like Vulture, Shocker, or other similar 2nd rate villians are beating him is simply because the writers too often don't use the full extent of his abilities. I've read comics where it looks like Vulture is his equal...I've also seen comics where he's dancing circles around 5 or 6 X-Men, or dodging multiple bullets, or tons of laser fire, and the list could go on.

Often when he is hit by someone, he is in some compromising situation (the kind the good guys always seem to get into to give bad guys a temporary advantage), but that wouldn't happen here since it's just a deathmatch. Provided that both characters are at the maximum potential of their abilities (and for the sake of the discussion that should be assumed) SM wouldn't get touched by the beams. And if he isn't holding back, one punch or one web-to-the-foot-then-throw-Cyke-into-a-wall will be enough to stop him.

-DM

Linkalicious
I'm sure Scott has a pretty large list of 2nd rate villains that he's lost to as well. Perhaps not nearly as many, but look at the number of comics Spiderman is involved in...

You can't take a character's worst performances and assume that's how he would fight in a scenario like this.

2 webs > 1 optic blast

nimbus006
Hey i LOVE Links discription of the fight web to leg web to face pull, cyclops is on the floor after that spiderman has his way with him... cyclops optic beams might be able to break the webbing but he sure cant wats he gonna do when hes on the floor wrapped in a web like frodo in the ROTK...LOL Spiderman runs cyclops.

nimbus006
And the reason that sometimes writers have close fights against 2nd rate villains like that is b/c they are trying to make money, They do want to keep selling comics... would you keep buying comics if spiderman just manhandled everybody in every comic the same exact way.. NO thats boring you have to add suspense and tension as well as human aspect to what your writing. Besides everyone has a bad day now and then... I mean the even the yankees lose to bad teams

Linkalicious
example: Spiderman was busted up the ENTIRE Maximum Carnage series. And it was considered to be one of the best Spidey series ever...

why? because being hurt and not just plowing through people adds to the story.

nimbus006
Exactly: Suspense + tension + action = good story

LLG
Spider-man in my opinion would win.

pr1983
ok, some facts about cyclops:

has control mechanism for his visor in his gloves...

if this is a deathmatch and cyclops uses his full power blast spidey aint dodgin shit... the radius of the blast is too wide for him to dodge...

cyclops at full power:

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/7991/untitledscanned189rn.th.jpg

http://img49.exs.cx/img49/4946/untitledscanned199eg.th.jpg

(thanks to sage tessa for the pics)

that said...

the only way Cyclops would even consider doing that is if he was sure spidey was the only one he'd hit...

In a city theres no way he'll do it...

So Spidey wins...

theflyxx
Originally posted by pr1983
that said...

the only way Cyclops would even consider doing that is if he was sure spidey was the only one he'd hit...

So Spidey wins...

Quoted for truth.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kontraz
i used to like him, but i HATE emma frost... and since he's with her, he has definately lost major "cool points" with me.

What! Cyclops is with emma frost now? How, and why? I dont read marvel anymore so the last x-men comic i read was death, the whole wolverine thing. I also heard that Cyclops has hieghtend abilites now, he no longer wears a visor. Xavier and havok always said that Cylops was far more powerfull that he knew, always thought it was said just to tickle the readers.

I love Cyke, but Cylops has no endurance. As kontraz pointed out too, Spiderman could probably take a couple blasts from Cyclops. Maybe not full out, right on rage blasts, but he could take some optic punishment and still be levels higher than Cyclops. Maybe if Cyclops, got pissed off, lucked out and nailed spidey dead on he could win, but spidey wouldnt have to be lucky to win this match, just himself. His spidey sense would also be a disadvantage to cyclops ability.

manjaro

that said...

So Spidey wins...

so let me get this straight. you mean to tell me that even after you posted a picture of cyclops practically atomizing a sentinel at close .....at full power. and re-arranged the landscape a little you still think spiderman can win?

i can understand the moral dilemma that might plague him about whter or not others are gonna get hurt, but in this thread its already understood that this match is all or nothing. ironically that was one of the pictures i was referring to when i said how he ripped thru sentinels. that and the one in the Ultimate Xmen when they went to San fran and a sentinel had scott in the palm of his hand, and he just let loose and let his beam roar thru its freaking skull.

i think you just might be a little insane if you think spidey has a chance to win this. like i said scott can move his head faster than spidey can move.period. if scott just takes off his visor and look in every direction spidey is jumping about, how is he gonna escape? even if he gets his feet webbed as others have suggested, whats gonna stop him from just looking at spidey? even if his whole body is webbed up like in ROTK

pr1983
alright... i'll put it this way...

to the death... an uninhibited cyclops takes it... but he would need a hell of a reason to be that uninhibited against spidey, like if spidey killed an xman...

a normal fight, spidey wins...

Lord-of-Dreams
Originally posted by nimbus006
And the reason that sometimes writers have close fights against 2nd rate villains like that is b/c they are trying to make money, They do want to keep selling comics... would you keep buying comics if spiderman just manhandled everybody in every comic the same exact way.. NO thats boring you have to add suspense and tension as well as human aspect to what your writing. Besides everyone has a bad day now and then... I mean the even the yankees lose to bad teams

So... you're saying that it would be boring for Spiderman to have this great power everyone's been talking about, even though he does have it?? O...K... Why would they give SM sissy enemies and just make him hold back all the time? That's stupid. Did you ever think that they would have just given him stronger baddies if he got so strong? That's what they did with the X-men (hence, Scott wink).

And I think all of you anti-Summers people are overlooking the fact that he's a high ranking super-hero as well. I don't give a damn about how Spiderman has dodged bullets and all that, 'cuz he didn't dodge all the fists lfying at him from the likes of Venom, Vulture, Rhino, Sandman... And last time I checked, Bullets move a hell of a lot faster than fists and crazy running big headed maniacs. Summers has beaten the likes of all of those guys and more.

Mainstream
alright... i'll put it this way...

to the death... an uninhibited cyclops takes it... but he would need a hell of a reason to be that uninhibited against spidey, like if spidey killed an xman...

a normal fight, spidey wins...

I could agree with that.burlybrawl

DigiMark007
I don't give a damn about how Spiderman has dodged bullets and all that, 'cuz he didn't dodge all the fists lfying at him from the likes of Venom, Vulture, Rhino, Sandman... And last time I checked, Bullets move a hell of a lot faster than fists and crazy running big headed maniacs. Summers has beaten the likes of all of those guys and more.

Realistically, if written like he should be, Venom (and maybe Sandman) are the only ones from those four who should be able to lay a hand on Spidey. And someone mentioned that if he had all these great powers, why not give him better villians rather than "writing Spidey down" to these lower villians. The fact is, they have. Interspersed with crap like Vulture and Rhino are real villians who SHOULD give Spidey a run for his money and do. So occasionally Spidey is "written down" for these guys...though truthfully, I haven't read either of those two (or similarly crappy villians) get any good licks in on him in a while. I read one where Vulture messes him up, but he was unconscious and drugged when Vulture found him...not exactly a fair fight.

Scott included (albeit not at "full rage level"wink, I've seen Spidey jump around the X-Men like he was a carefree rabbit (odd analogy, I know...couldn't think of anything better). But if SM is at full capability, and he is (we aren't bad writers after all), the only way Scoot will get to him is if he takes off his visor...like I originally said. But SM could do a number of things to take him out in the time in would take Cyke to do that (unless he knew about the fight beforehand, but that would include prep time, which wasn't specified). If the fight starts at a considerable distance with little cover, like a barren plain (or similarly austere setting) Cyke will have time to whip off his visor and has a better than average chance. Otherwise SM takes it.

-DM cool

Lord-of-Dreams
Dude. The time when SM took the Xs was a one time, bad writing, pumped to high hell SM, event.Wolverine haspunked SM's ass hardcore, alone. That's proof that SM was just pumped up.Who would have wanted to see SM get his ass wupped by a group of high powered crushers? SM really needed the publicity when that comic was issued, Xmen didn't. SM has been beaten by baddies far under Cy's level, so I say that he takes it.

paeng
Cyke all the way I've seen him shot by shocker many times if shocker can do it so does Cyclops. Plus Cyclops is a sharpshooter and and has better fighting ability than shocker. And remember Cyke blow out Wolverine's hands w/out using Full Power Optic Blast it happen in AOA where the mutant X-man came from.

paeng
this is for pr1983 can you post a picture in the onslaught saga were Cyclops fire's a huge optic blast

pr1983
Originally posted by paeng
this is for pr1983 can you post a picture in the onslaught saga were Cyclops fire's a huge optic blast

gimme a few mins, ill find it...

paeng
I've read some comics where Cyclops uses his hands when he takes down Bishop with his BARE HANDS and I can tell he seriously KICK BISHOP's BUTT and he also take down Sunpyre And Nightcrawler can't even take down Cyclops when he kick him in the head. When Nightcrawler, Fantomex and Deathbird are about to be taken by Cyclops Ever telepathically stunned Cyclops so the three could escape.

pr1983
apologies for the double post:

here it is:

paeng
I've read comics because here in the Philippines there is a comics stand if you cannot afford to buy a comics you can pay 1 Peso so that you can read it but you cannot take it home.

paeng
WOW that's awesome pls post more Cylops action because I'm a big fan of Cyclops

pr1983
WOW that's awesome pls post more Cylops action because I'm a big fan of Cyclops

go to the previous page... there are some great pics of cyclops from a recent comic...

paeng
Thanks man

black wolverine
pr1983 i hate cyclops but i respect him beacause if he was in my face right now he would beat the shit out of me butspidey is to good for him and he can lift 10 tons thats to stronge for cyclopse

manjaro
why do you think with a b1tchin offensive capabilty like that cyke would try to go in close to fight fist to fist spidey?

Lord-of-Dreams
Originally posted by black wolverine
pr1983 i hate cyclops but i respect him beacause if he was in my face right now he would beat the shit out of me butspidey is to good for him and he can lift 10 tons thats to stronge for cyclopse

So?? Most of the guys in jail would *****-slap the officer who brought them in in a one-on-one scenario (I'm talking about the big muscular scary ones). But they were beaten! how? They are stronger, right? They can lift more than youre average Joe-cop. But you see... cops have guns! Get the point?? Like Manjaro said, Cyke wouldn't be stupid and walk up to Spidey. This isn't an armwrestle!! Cyke stands back and shoots at Spidey. *dodge, dodge, BLAM!! Spidey can't dodge forever.

paeng
I agree Spidey can't dodge forever because he has been hit by normal criminals. Cyclops can beat Spidey because no matter how fast Spidey is You can still see where he is going. And Cyclops is a well trained X-men and he is a sharpshooter and is a very skilled martial artist. And he has taken out Villans who is stronger than Spiderman.

pr1983
Originally posted by black wolverine

respect is all i ask...

Originally posted by manjaro
why do you think with a b1tchin offensive capabilty like that cyke would try to go in close to fight fist to fist spidey?

obviously not... but he's usually a step ahead anyway...

So?? Most of the guys in jail would *****-slap the officer who brought them in in a one-on-one scenario (I'm talking about the big muscular scary ones). But they were beaten! how? They are stronger, right? They can lift more than youre average Joe-cop. But you see... cops have guns! Get the point?? Like Manjaro said, Cyke wouldn't be stupid and walk up to Spidey. This isn't an armwrestle!! Cyke stands back and shoots at Spidey. *dodge, dodge, BLAM!! Spidey can't dodge forever.

I agree Spidey can't dodge forever because he has been hit by normal criminals. Cyclops can beat Spidey because no matter how fast Spidey is You can still see where he is going. And Cyclops is a well trained X-men and he is a sharpshooter and is a very skilled martial artist. And he has taken out Villans who is stronger than Spiderman.

can someone please explain to me what is at stake in this fight? is it all out or just a normal fight?

paeng
It's Cyke vs Spidey
Okay here's the story they've been teleported by another dimension into a Death Arena(Dome) and the only way out is if someone killed the other

who?-kid
Like Manjaro said, Cyke wouldn't be stupid and walk up to Spidey. This isn't an armwrestle!! Cyke stands back and shoots at Spidey.
And Spider-Man dodges with ease. He's famous for dodging. He has dodged - without breaking a sweat - multiple laser attacks, sometimes even with gunfire at the same time to make it more interesting.

Nope, he can't dodge forever. True. But he doesn't need to. It's not like Cyclops is going to play with Spider-Man, it's the other way around: while dodging, Spider-Man jumps to Cyclops and knocks him down. Or webs his eyes, which will confuse Cyclops only for a very short time, but that's more than enough for Spider-Man.

Or he can use his web to throw Cyclops a few hundred yards away lol. He has lots of possibilities. Cyclops only has one: hit Spider-Man. And hitting Spider-Man is very tough to do.

Spider-Man has been described as being "blurring fast when he wants to", that's just too fast for Cyclops.

And yes, Cyclops is cool and yes, he is way underrated, but Spider-Man is in another league.

Linkalicious
Let's liven this fight up a bit.

These two are now fighting in a warehouse filled with oil drums full of explosive materials. Nothing so explosive that detonating one will set of a chain reaction...but explosive enough to incapaciate the one another.

Who wins?

Draco69
Everybody read the most recent issue of Astonishing X-Men. BIGGEST OPTIC BLAST ever! I'm not saying Cyke will definitely win but it's an impressive feat.

Linkalicious
which number is that?

or can you describe the cover?

*rushes to mycomicshop.com*

Draco69
Astonishing X-Men #8

It has Wolverine showing his claws.

Lord-of-Dreams
Originally posted by who?-kid

And Spider-Man dodges with ease. He's famous for dodging. He has dodged - without breaking a sweat - multiple laser attacks, sometimes even with gunfire at the same time to make it more interesting.

Nope, he can't dodge forever. True. But he doesn't need to. It's not like Cyclops is going to play with Spider-Man, it's the other way around: while dodging, Spider-Man jumps to Cyclops and knocks him down. Or webs his eyes, which will confuse Cyclops only for a very short time, but that's more than enough for Spider-Man.

Well, you're right. But don't forget, Cyke is an extremely well trained hero. This whole time (actually, a while ago, I've stopped now) I've been saying that SM won't get at Cyke for a phys. attack. Oce he gets close, he gets beamed. SM would have to stay at bay. The closer he is, the harder it is to dodge. Web-eyes does nothing. Scott's blast would evaporate it before it could hit him at al, I just realised. I doubt if he would be confused at all. His training is too heavy to allow him to lose his head in battle.

Or he can use his web to throw Cyclops a few hundred yards away lol. He has lots of possibilities. Cyclops only has one: hit Spider-Man. And hitting Spider-Man is very tough to do.

Spidey only really has 2 possibilities. The ol' bonk 'im on the head trick. Won't work. Or the Swing him by his leg trick.
I don't think that that's a factor either. The web moves fast, I know, but I think the split second it takes to get from PP to his leg, and the split second it takes for PP to start pulling, Scott has blown up the webbing and is already attacking again.

Spider-Man has been described as being "blurring fast when he wants to", that's just too fast for Cyclops.

And yes, Cyclops is cool and yes, he is way underrated, but Spider-Man is in another league.

I actually really dislike Scott. lol
ps. please don't stop arguing. The two other threads I'm in are being clogged up by morons with no arguements. just Thanos would win. Thanos would lose... So keep it up wink I think you're wrong, but you are bringing decent/good arguements to the table. THNX

Lord-of-Dreams

Well, you're right. But don't forget, Cyke is an extremely well trained hero. This whole time (actually, a while ago, I've stopped now) I've been saying that SM won't get at Cyke for a phys. attack. Oce he gets close, he gets beamed. SM would have to stay at bay. The closer he is, the harder it is to dodge. Web-eyes does nothing. Scott's blast would evaporate it before it could hit him at al, I just realised. I doubt if he would be confused at all. His training is too heavy to allow him to lose his head in battle.
Spidey only really has 2 possibilities. The ol' bonk 'im on the head trick. Won't work. Or the Swing him by his leg trick.
I don't think that that's a factor either. The web moves fast, I know, but I think the split second it takes to get from PP to his leg, and the split second it takes for PP to start pulling, Scott has blown up the webbing and is already attacking again.

I actually really dislike Scott. lol
ps. please don't stop arguing. The two other threads I'm in are being clogged up by morons with no arguements. just Thanos would win. Thanos would lose... So keep it up wink I think you're wrong, but you are bringing decent/good arguements to the table. THNX

manjaro
no matter how much spidey wants to dodge he still can be kept track of with EYES. i dont deny that cycke is probabaly too slow to land a punch but like I said earlier all cyke has to do is just LOOK at him.

and as for the lasers thing. i admit that ive havent read every single issue of every single spidey issue ever, and maybe i missed a few thigns along the way but the only time ive seen him succesfully dodge lasers is when he sneaks into high security buildings and the lasers are motioned sensored, and have to charge for a frew secs after each blast(again i havent seen all of them). and when he dodged bullets and other energy weapon fire was beuasce those guys were bad shots to begin with, then of course his spidey sense always helps out.

that being said, even though we open our eyes pretty quickly, its still not even close to the speed of light. what that means is the beam is practically at its target before cycke opens his eyes all the way if he just takes his visor off and look at spidey its over. i know everyone is probaly thinking that he would just let go one blast at a time, but im talking about a continous stream until he hits spiey or let everything crumble around him and crush him.

Scoobless
no matter how much spidey wants to dodge he still can be kept track of with EYES. i dont deny that cycke is probabaly too slow to land a punch but like I said earlier all cyke has to do is just LOOK at him.

there are so many times Spidey has fought lower than peak speed level humans and they couldn't keep an eye on him and would even lose sight of him altogether..... couple this with the fact that anytime Scott was about to get a direct line on him his spider-sense would scream "GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!!" and he would... he can keep max speed up for long enough to take out Cyclops

jplatinum
O.k. Spider-man is really good and fast so he might stand a shot at reaching Cyke and kicking his butt.

jplatinum
Originally posted by jplatinum
O.k. Spider-man is really good and fast so he might stand a shot at reaching Cyke and kicking his butt.

If cyclops spreads his beam out into a huge funnel like he did in x-men evolution or in many other big battles, then spiderman is toast.

He wouldn't be fast enough to dodge a constant beam from a distance cause cyclops can just keep aiming the beam until it hit hit spiderman and from a distance, spiderman won't be able to get to him in time.

He might be able to web the visor, but the webbing would just evaporate in mid-air if the heat from an indirect beam blast came near it.
So spiderman is prettymuch toast.

Argue if you want to, but he is, unless his healing factor is like logan's or he is as invulneable as supes/hulk/juggs, which he isn't. He is as cooked as a goose at dinner time.

manjaro
well Scoob that means that his spider-sense would scream "GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!!" continually. i am not trying to jump on you or anything but none of those ppl have powerful force beams coming out of their freaking eyes.

i under stand what youre saying, that is if scott was a mutant who just discovered his powers or something, and secondly cyke is not lower than peak he is a highly trained warrior. its just like turning a hose on somebody where the water was coming out at the speed of light, no matter how fast they are they cant move faster than you can filck your wrist left to right.

also by that logic "Spidey has fought lower than peak speed level humans and they couldn't keep an eye on him" that means that guys like shocker, hob goblin, vulture, hammer head, doc ock, electro and scorpion should never have ever layed a hand on him......ever....ever.

when Electro blasted him up and left him the hospital that should have never happend. when shocker would go toe to toe with him and bang him up with those kinetic punches that should have never hapend when hammer head would head butt him into trash cans and such that should have never happened.

of course all those times doc ock left him reeling with bruised ribs and shit.....

by my count all of spideys villains save for hammer head and mysterio has put him in the hospital or left him reeling with aches and pains

jplatinum
Hey manjaro

I get what you're saying, but spiderman is hardly untouchable.
He leaves himself open to attack too many times and he underestimates any and everyone he fights straight off hand.
He also, lollygags around instead of taking care of business like batman or daredevil would do. To have the type of powers that he has. He should be a godlike character,but he doesn't know how to use his powers. If he stopped playing so much, trained hard, learned multiple styles of martial-arts, and learned how to use every single power he has to the upmost extreme max. He would be a lilterat god like everyone from the really old episodes of dbz.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by jplatinum
Hey manjaro

I get what you're saying, but spiderman is hardly untouchable.
He leaves himself open to attack too many times and he underestimates any and everyone he fights straight off hand.
He also, lollygags around instead of taking care of business like batman or daredevil would do. To have the type of powers that he has. He should be a godlike character,but he doesn't know how to use his powers. If he stopped playing so much, trained hard, learned multiple styles of martial-arts, and learned how to use every single power he has to the upmost extreme max. He would be a lilterat god like everyone from the really old episodes of dbz.

Are you kidding? Spider-Man's body is mutated, and martial arts are gearred towards NORMAL human bodies, therefore learning every form of martial arts would in fact be a waste of his potential. Spider-Man has, in fact developed his own style of fighting, based on his powers, and so is utilising his powers to their fullest by doing that. He takes inspiration fom martial arts and converts it with his spider powers, which means that he has a style that no-one else can replicate, because it would be impossible for them to achieve such motions. This makes him dangerous to anyone for that reason alone. How can you fight against a style that has no background and no proper (and is some cases, possible) way of defending against it.

Spider-Man isn't as experienced a fighter as Daredevil, no, but his powers alone let him train at a level that allows Pete to catch up to normal humans and overtake them. His body recovers quicker, he is a super man, which the others are not. He trains faster as a result, and gets a moveset nobody else can have.

And even if Spider-Man trained to his utmost level (which I say he does), he still wouldn't be God-like.

manjaro
i dont think the godlike statement should be taken quite so literally but point taken. however, i think you give him too much credit cuz his speed and agilty is what keeps him moving. he's just a really really fast and more physically potent version of a person in really good shape but spidey is a complete dum dum when it comes to the arts. in past and even current issues he has conceded to his lack of a formal figting style. like one time he was on a roof by himself and he said."hmm maybe i should listen to MJ and take some Karate lessons." that was when they started a new spidey series and his career just started. he said it also while he was having a hard time subduing a bunch of bad guys. (Amazing Spidey, Ultimate Spidey to my immediate recollection)

ebonyblade1
I don't know if this has been said already but a lot probably depends on the environment and distance of our two fighters. In an open field at a distance of 10 yards this would be scotts fight. In a city or wooded area spiderman takes it easily. Scott is smart and a great fighter. But spider has his own style of fighting that fits well with his ability. its all instinctive like a fighting style should be. So it would be very tough. 8 times out of 10 I say spiderman wins.

manjaro
a wooded area would make it even worse. in a city i would give peter a snowball's chance, but in a wooded area cyke would have incentive to cut lose(refer to pic posted earlier) you saw what happened to the sentinel and the trees and shrubs

who?-kid
Well, you're right. But don't forget, Cyke is an extremely well trained hero. This whole time (actually, a while ago, I've stopped now) I've been saying that SM won't get at Cyke for a phys. attack.
To be honest, I don't recall that SM has had trouble - even once - to come close to someone and to knock his lights out.

Remember Dock Ock ? A pretty stupid character imo, but still deadly as hell: four extremely fast, dangerous tentacles with claws, and I'm not beginning to count how many times SM squeezed through them and knocked Dock Ock out.

He never, or almost never, has much trouble coming near to an opponent. Scotts blast is not everywhere, in 90 % of his fights, it's some kind of red line. SM can dodge that all day long.

And when Scott goes berserk and unleashes his full power - which is a lot - I still don't see the problem: SM can jump very high and very very quick.

That's not true. He COULD do that, but I really really doubt it. That web is really fast, and I don't see Scott destroying it only by looking how the web is coming his way. I think that such a fast moving web is hard to see when it's coming for you, and especially when you're fighting someone.

No, I disagree, because SM is just much much faster than Scott.

I don't. I think he's underestimated.

I won't wink.

pr1983
Linkalicious... Astonishing X-Men #8

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/7991/untitledscanned189rn.th.jpg

http://img49.exs.cx/img49/4946/untitledscanned199eg.th.jpg

(thanks to sage tessa for the pics)

Linkalicious
Ho-ly shit no expression

pr1983
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Ho-ly shit no expression

i know... spidey aint dodgin that... that is of course if cyclops even uses it...

who?-kid
i know... spidey aint dodgin that... that is of course if cyclops even uses it...
First of all: very impressive of Cyclops. I always said he was underrated.

Second: impressive or not, give me one good reason why SM can't dodge/avoid an attack like that ? It isn't like his beams are EVERYWHERE, they go from point A to point B.

Zahit
when scott drops the visor and let's loose, it's line of sight. his sight.
and his beam isn't as strong when it's unfocused by the visor.
scott could blast a hole through a sentinal with the visor on.
with it off, he blasts the sentinal back.
it is conceivable that spiderman can dodge this by jumping really fast
upwards towards scott. and if he did hit spidey with an unfocused
visor-less blast, it would hurt like hell, but spidey probably won't get
KO'd. spiderman is reknown for his jaw. he can take a punch. big time.

and yes, scott is usually under-estimated. i've always liked cyclops.
it's just that the wolverine fanboys wet their beds if logan isn't
the star of every goddamn issue.

pr1983
First of all: very impressive of Cyclops. I always said he was underrated.

Second: impressive or not, give me one good reason why SM can't dodge/avoid an attack like that ? It isn't like his beams are EVERYWHERE, they go from point A to point B.

thats a massive radius, vertical and horizontal... only someone with super speed could dodge it...

and i cant see spidey getting up quickly after being hit like that...

who?-kid
thats a massive radius, vertical and horizontal... only someone with super speed could dodge it...

How about someone with a spider-sense (that warns him BEFORE the attack) and with true superhuman speed ?

The name Spider-Man crosses my mind...

pr1983
How about someone with a spider-sense (that warns him BEFORE the attack) and with true superhuman speed ?

The name Spider-Man crosses my mind...

his spider sense will warn him of the beam, not cyclops' intention... and that beam is pretty quick...

who?-kid
his spider sense will warn him of the beam, not cyclops' intention... and that beam is pretty quick...
I'm not sure if I follow you.

But concerning the beam, it doesn't matter how fast it is, his spider-sense warns him before the actual attack takes place, so he has just (sometimes barely) enough time to jump out of the way.

pr1983
spidey is not a telepath... his spider sense doesn't go off until it knows for sure he's being attacked... it won't go off until a split second after cyclops has activated his visor... and no way spidey can jump that high...

who?-kid
Spider-Man can jump over a sentinel with ease. He can jump much higher by the way.

That's where you're wrong, it doesn't work like that. It warns him before the danger or attack takes place, not "at the very same time". That's the main reason he's still alive these days.

pr1983
from ground level he can jump that high that quickly? seriously?

who?-kid
I have seen him jump over a six stories high building, but I don't think he can jump much higher.

But one time a sentinel is not that big, and another time they are gigantic, so it depends of course on the type of sentinel.

pr1983
I have seen him jump over a six stories high building, but I don't think he can jump much higher.

But one time a sentinel is not that big, and another time they are gigantic, so it depends of course on the type of sentinel.

i suppose it depends on the setting too... in a city that would help spidey, in a clearing not so much because cyclops could just tilt his head upwards...

Zahit
Can Cyclops actually see as he's firing the beams?
If he dropped his visor and kept firing, would he see through all that energy?

Lord-of-Dreams

Dude. The super summer's blast is way larger than sixstories high. It hits clouds. But let's just say, for the purpose of arguement, that SM can even jump into space. Say he can fly! How fast is he goin'?? 'Cuz he would have to be moving at Supe's speed to dodge it!! And say he does jump up that high, that fast. He's just falling back down into the blast! If he jumps over Cyke, no prob. he just turns around.

who?-kid
Dude. The super summer's blast is way larger than sixstories high. It hits clouds. But let's just say, for the purpose of arguement, that SM can even jump into space. Say he can fly! How fast is he goin'?? 'Cuz he would have to be moving at Supe's speed to dodge it!! And say he does jump up that high, that fast. He's just falling back down into the blast! If he jumps over Cyke, no prob. he just turns around.
You make a big mistake, you assume Scotts beam is just about everywhere...

That's plain wrong, in 98 % of the fights I saw him in, his beams are just pretty thin "lines" if you know what I mean.

I don't know how this idea came into peoples heads that Cyclops can, all of a sudden, hit everything in front him, far from him, close to him, left of him, right of him, left above, behind him and so on...all with the same beam ?!

That's just wrong.

And who says Spider-Man has to jump over his attacks ? How about jumping to the left ? To the right ? Ducking ? And since when does Scott give everything he has for a normal fight ?

pr1983
Originally posted by Zahit
Can Cyclops actually see as he's firing the beams?
If he dropped his visor and kept firing, would he see through all that energy?

yes.

That's plain wrong, in 98 % of the fights I saw him in, his beams are just pretty thin "lines" if you know what I mean.

I don't know how this idea came into peoples heads that Cyclops can, all of a sudden, hit everything in front him, far from him, close to him, left of him, right of him, left above, behind him and so on...all with the same beam ?!

That's just wrong.

And who says Spider-Man has to jump over his attacks ? How about jumping to the left ? To the right ? Ducking ? And since when does Scott give everything he has for a normal fight ?

read astonishing xmen #8...

with the visor on he holds back his blasts and they are the lines you speak of, because thats the visor...

when he opens his eyes without the visor the beam is massive...

who?-kid
with the visor on he holds back his blasts and they are the lines you speak of, because thats the visor...
I know that lol.

Massive ? Absolutely. Everywhere ? Not even close. Just a big blast.

pr1983
yes, that is a huge area in front of him, spidey is not that fast...

manjaro
dude six stories is a fancy way of saying sixty feet. thats what he can do vertically. the only reason cykes blasts have been thin lines is beacuse he has his visor on and seconldy the visor keeps his power in check so that he can focus wherever he wants i dont know where this his beam isn't as strong when it's unfocused by the visor thing came from. its not neat and uniform like that,(maybe in the cartoons) if you every see videos of solar flares on the dicovery channel thats what it looks like just a splash of energy in the direction he's looking.

again refering ppl back too the picture if it didnt affect everything in front of him and was in a thin line then the grass and the ground shoudlnt have been touched. the one thing that ppl fail to realize is that as long as his eyes are open energy is gonna come out. it doesnt stem from his pupils, just his eyes period. so even if he's looking in one direction it even focuses thru his peripheral vision that why the beam gets wider that farther it goes

manjaro
also of course he can see thru the energy cuz his visor is the only thing stopping it from bursting out so he's seeing thru it constanly any way

pr1983
dude six stories is a fancy way of saying sixty feet. thats what he can do vertically. the only reason cykes blasts have been thin lines is beacuse he has his visor on and seconldy the visor keeps his power in check so that he can focus wherever he wants i dont know where this his beam isn't as strong when it's unfocused by the visor thing came from. its not neat and uniform like that,(maybe in the cartoons) if you every see videos of solar flares on the dicovery channel thats what it looks like just a splash of energy in the direction he's looking.

again refering ppl back too the picture if it didnt affect everything in front of him and was in a thin line then the grass and the ground shoudlnt have been touched. the one thing that ppl fail to realize is that as long as his eyes are open energy is gonna come out. it doesnt stem from his pupils, just his eyes period. so even if he's looking in one direction it even focuses thru his peripheral vision that why the beam gets wider that farther it goes

its his eye sockets, not his pupils... your right...

who?-kid

Lord-of-Dreams

That's just wrong.

I did not say that Cyke's blast covers all up, down, back, etc... I meant that his blast covered all of the area he could see, and pereferal vision accounts for quite a bit. And it does go quite far. And you are giving him human limitations, but can you do that?? Show me a person who can shoot beams from his eyes ,and show me his limitations wink The reason that I did not include dcuking, sidestepping, etc... Is because I thought it was obvious. If Cyke is looking directly at Spidey, then he is the central target, and Cyke's perefral vision sends beams around him, on the sides, and down. So there's nowhere to run too.

paeng
This is for who?-kid, Cyclops is a trained very X-man infact in some comics that I've read he defeat most of the X-men using only his hands. and he is not a normal robbers w/out training. Besides I've seen normal robbers hit Spiderman with a punch so I can't see why Cyclops can't hit him. And about Cyclops blast when he removes his visor I've read on some Marvel site that He can make his Blast bigger and bigger but he cannot minimize it w/out his visor.

manjaro

manjaro

StrawNilla
As long as Cyclops keeps the visor on I'd give it to Spidey pretty much every time and easily.

Even with the visor off I'd give it to Spidey. All he'd have to do is get around the blasts long enough to catch a shot to Cyclop's head, stomach, legs, arms, etc. and victory goes to the Amazing.

StrawNilla
Originally posted by mr.smiley
in secret wars the x men were having a problem working as a team and straightend up after spidey escapes.Plus wolverine alone can beat spidey.
No, Wolverine alone would get his neck snapped by Spidey if the webbed one saw fit.

Darth_Nefarus
Spidey would slap this dirty one eyed hooker with his one eyed...
I think you get my point

Draco69
I have no opinion but how can Spider-Man snap a guy with unbreakable..

never mind.

Darth_Nefarus
he couldn't break wolverines neck, but wolverine would never score a blow to spider man, so that's a draw

StrawNilla
Originally posted by Draco69

never mind.
I thought that Wolvie's already admitted to Spidey being able to snap his neck becuase, well, there was no adamantium there.

Draco69
Of course there is. Except the neck joint.

Scoobless

never mind.

because the neck and spine contain multiple vertebrae rather than a single bone and all you need to do to "break" it is move the segments out of alignment

Swanky-Tuna
Of course there is. Except the neck joint. Silly Draco, there is no neck joint. It's almost like a ball attached to a slinky.

StrawNilla
Yeah I think Spidey could handle Wolvie one on one.

And, to stay on topic, Spidey could definitely hold his own against Cyclops and, you know, kill him with one (count it) *one* punch.

*coughs* unlike Wolvie *hacks*

Draco69
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Silly Draco, there is no neck joint. It's almost like a ball attached to a slinky.

Ahhhhhh. Draco learn something new. animals_bunny2

Scoobless
have a look
http://www.spineuniversity.com/x_rays/004.gif

Lord-of-Dreams
Wow. So... do y'all SM guys admit defeat?? lol

who?-kid
the main thing is tho many different artists approach scott diferently. some even show his beam widening while he has his visor on
Now we're getting somewhere.

But you're underestimating Spider-Man (and I'm not saying this as a Spider-Man fan, but I'm just stating facts) and overestimating Cyclops.

Cyclops is not fast enough to hit Spider-Man. Have you ever seen a full-speed Spider-Man in action ? He bounces from wall to wall, fast as greased lightning, and while bouncing he uses his web to do whatever he likes to his enemies.

When he wants, he's almost a freaking ricochetting bullet on steroids, no way Cyclops can "follow his moves". Add to this his spider-sense and his completely unpredictable moves, and Cyclops is down.

h1a8
This post is ridiculous. Spider-man wins easily. Technically, Spider-man is never suposed to get hit. Marvel says that Spider-man's spidersense jerks him outer of danger (even before the attack happens) without his knowledge. Writers have Spidey getting hit because they cannot think of a way for him to have adversity (this is the truth). Have you ever wondered why Doc Ock doesn't die instantly from getting punched by Spidey (in some cases he doesn't even suffer a scratch). Doc is human for crying out loud. His face bones should be shattered in a million pieces (since Spidey can shatter stone, wood, steel, with one punch). Technically, Spider-man is superior to most super powered beings. He is able to lift over 50 tons (his actual max strength goes into unchartered territory) when under stress. He can move at speeds as fast as sound under stress (becoming a blur and multiples of himself). He can endure tremendous amounts of concussive force (bombs, hits by Hulk, etc.). Technically, with the exception of Professor X, Spider- man can even take on the X-men to a standstill. Technically means "No inconsistency with his powers". He simply can't be hit.

paeng
Once again I'll tell to Spiderman fans that Spiderman can get "HIT" even by a normal robbers and he has been also hit by Kingpin who is a slow poke human I've seen it in comics before, and you're making Cyclops just a normal human being. Spiderfans isn't analyzing the fact that Cyclops can beat Spiderman. Why because he always train everyday in the Danger Room. Plus even if Spiderman has spider sense he always got hit by shocker you see not all the time Spiderman can dodge anything.

paeng
And he got optic blast that he can adjust by his visor. Cyclops uses minimal force if he is fighting normal humans and make them only unconcious but if he is fighting a more stronger enenmy he will adjust it to the proper force needed. Because if Cyclops uses his Full Power Spiderman will be ashes in just a few seconds.

python99
Spidey wins no quetions asked hes stronger, faster , smarter has better agility, fighting ability , endurance and stamina. Honestly It would be close but not that close

manjaro
Originally posted by h1a8
Technically, Spider-man is superior to most super powered beings. HE IS ABLE TO LIFT OVER 50 tons (his actual max strength goes into unchartered territory) when under stress. He can move at speeds as FAST AS SOUND under stress (becoming a blur and multiples of himself). He can endure tremendous amounts of concussive force (bombs, hits by Hulk, etc.). Technically, with the exception of Professor X, Spider- man can even take on the X-men to a standstill. Technically means "No inconsistency with his powers". HE SIMPLY CANT BE HIT. eek! WTF!? did i just read what i think i just read?

best...bottom-half....of......a post....ever....!

gee, i wonder what foolish website you copied and pasted from? laughing

Lord-of-Dreams
Originally posted by h1a8
This post is ridiculous. Spider-man wins easily. Technically, Spider-man is never suposed to get hit. Marvel says that Spider-man's spidersense jerks him outer of danger (even before the attack happens) without his knowledge. Writers have Spidey getting hit because they cannot think of a way for him to have adversity (this is the truth). Have you ever wondered why Doc Ock doesn't die instantly from getting punched by Spidey (in some cases he doesn't even suffer a scratch). Doc is human for crying out loud. His face bones should be shattered in a million pieces (since Spidey can shatter stone, wood, steel, with one punch). Technically, Spider-man is superior to most super powered beings. He is able to lift over 50 tons (his actual max strength goes into unchartered territory) when under stress. He can move at speeds as fast as sound under stress (becoming a blur and multiples of himself). He can endure tremendous amounts of concussive force (bombs, hits by Hulk, etc.). Technically, with the exception of Professor X, Spider- man can even take on the X-men to a standstill. Technically means "No inconsistency with his powers". He simply can't be hit.

What you say about Spidey being too powerful makes no sense at all. If he was really so powerful, why not just pump up his baddies? Look at Flash, he IS speed, do they just sissyfy his crooks? No, they bring them from another angle. They are smarter than what you just defined. Also, he can dodge things as long as its in his power to dodge. Scott's rays keep going after he jumps, he continues to fire. And he will hit. He must. And one hit is more than enough, because Scott can follow up by standing over SM and blasting him for hours. Don't try to tell me that SM is going to survive that kind of punishment. He can only take so much. Oh, and maybe you don't know too much about the X-men, but Pheonix is a member. PHEONIX.

who?-kid
Scott's rays keep going after he jumps, he continues to fire. And he will hit. He must.
I like how you write : He must. No offence, but that sounds pretty desperate.

Ever tried to hit an as fast as greased lightning bouncing ball that moves in a completely unpredictable way ? That's impossible, and a normal human being can not follow those very very fast moves.

Pheonix ? Never heard of her. Is she related to Phoenix ?

(Ok, bad joke but I couldn't resist it lol.)

Lord-of-Dreams
Oho. You are almost as funny as Dave Chapplle, or Bernie Mac, or me (yes, I know, lame...)
See, the thing is, Spidey is not a greased ball of lightning. He is the size of an average male. His shape causes him to be hitable. He can fling his arms whereever he wants, but his body stays in the same general shape while he's in the air. See what I mean? Now, he can wriggle, but Scott's ray is about the length horizontaly of him, so that is irrelevant.
The he must part shouldn't appear desperate, I was trying to... I forget the word. I mean that I was 'bolderising' Know what I mean? How does it sound desperate anyway?

Swanky-Tuna
Because if Cyclops uses his Full Power Spiderman will be ashes in just a few seconds. Ashes? Probably not. But exploded? Yeah, a full power hit would do that easy.

StrawNilla
Once again I'll tell to Spiderman fans that Spiderman can get "HIT" even by a normal robbers and he has been also hit by Kingpin who is a slow poke human I've seen it in comics before, and you're making Cyclops just a normal human being. Spiderfans isn't analyzing the fact that Cyclops can beat Spiderman. Why because he always train everyday in the Danger Room. Plus even if Spiderman has spider sense he always got hit by shocker you see not all the time Spiderman can dodge anything.
Hey....there's almost no comic book character that has gone without the suffrage of being written inconsitent with their powers.

Trouble is though, just looking at how Spidey's been written in comics and portrayed as near untouchable by his enemies once he went full-bore with his Spidey speed, saying and having proof that Spidey's been hit by guys like the Shocker and your average bank robber only proves that Spidey either: A) likes to hold back in every area physically (knowing that he has to with pretty much any human enemy he runs into) or B) figures that since he can take the abuse for days on end, why not let the little guy take a shot.

And while Cyclops spent his time training in the Danger Room every day for fights with guys like Sabretooth, Juggernaut, and other guys who rely on their brute strength and power in general to pull them through a fight, I doubt there's been any simulation Cyclops has had to train with the unique combination of superhuman strength, reflexes, agility, speed, durability, elasticity in the limbs twice that of the average human, pre-cog, the ability to adhere to most surfaces, and a vertical leap that measures out to be 30 ft (or higher), such as what Spidey operates with on a day-to-day basis.

At the end of the day, I'd say Spidey stands victorious.

Reborn Again
I'm a Spidey fan, but I'm voting Cyclops. One big blast by Cyke and Spidey's worm food.

pr1983
regardless of the result, that is not tue...

cyclops is no idiot... he'd train the xmen and himself to face every type of enemy...

especially after that comic long ago when spidey wiped the floor with all of em...

StrawNilla
regardless of the result, that is not tue...

cyclops is no idiot... he'd train the xmen and himself to face every type of enemy...

especially after that comic long ago when spidey wiped the floor with all of em...
EDIT: Forget what I said here before, I see what you're saying.

And I understand that's Cyclop's tactical skills are definitely nothing to sneer at, but I can't see how he can prepare his team for Spidey's agility, reflexes, speed, etc.

This goes especially so for when Cyke is alone and battling Spidey, I just don't see how he can prepare himself physically nor mentally for Spidey's speed, agility, perceptiveness, elastcity that allows him to attack most at multiple angles, etc.

pr1983
Originally posted by StrawNilla
Was that saracasm at the end of your post?

I'm puzzled.

no... there was a comic a long while ago where spidey beat the x-men by himself, cyclops is not stupid enough not to train for a second encounter...

manjaro
im still reeeling from thatvguy who said speed could lift over 50 tons and move at the speed of sound.....i dont even know how to post after this

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>