thor vs wonder man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
I think that wonder man could beat thor. He beated thor twice in the past. In a avengers issue, he was controlled by ultron and beated thor and vision and iron man all together . And in another avengers special, i remember that thor was with a beard, wonder man was beating thor until thor used his magic and shooted his strongest rays agains wonder man. But in a hand to hand fight, wonder man was kiking thor's ass.

ScarletSpider
Classic Thor vs. Wondy is a great battle. When Wonderman first came on the scene, his big schtik was "the Avenger whose fists hit harder than Thor's hammer!". Now that he's made out of living ionic energy, he's more powerful than ever. Depending on the circumstances, I think he could take Thor, but then again, it could go the other way.

muffin man
this is obvious thor a god against a guy with no powers are you daft gah

ScarletSpider
Wonderman does have powers....

radioboy121
I've seen only one fight (not a big one) when Wonder Man was temporarily made into a god with the combined energies of Thor, Captain America, Wasp, and Dr. Pym. But that fight was won only due to Enchantress' interference.

Sentry
WONDERMAN...

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 380 lb.

Eyes: Red, formerly blue.

Hair: Gray, formerly black.

Strength Level: Wonder Man possesses superhuman strength enabling him to lift (press) 95 tons under optimal conditions. When extremely focused, upset or angry, Wonder Man's strength enables him to lift well over 95 tons putting him in the 100-ton strength level range.

Unusual Features: Wonder Man's eyes no longer have visible pupils or irises. His entire eyeball is permeated with microscopic shifting spots of ionic energy, which make them glow a bright red.

Since his resurrection by the Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man's body becomes enveloped in ionic energy whenever he uses his powers in battle causing him to look like a being composed entirely of shifting red and dark purple glowing energy.

Known Superhuman Powers Wonder Man possesses superhuman strength, speed, durability, reflexes and stamina. The tissue and bone of his entire body have been augmented in strength and to a certain extent supplanted by an unknown substance during the ionic process that gave him his powers. Despite Wonder Man's statements that he is composed of ionic energy, he is in fact composed of organic matter that is permeated with ionic energy.

Wonder Man's stamina enables him to exert himself at peak levels for up to an hour and a half before fatigue poisons build up in his blood, causing him to tire. Wonder Man's skin and tissue is hard enough to resist temperature extremes from the cold vacuum of space to the extreme temperatures generated at ground zero of a nuclear bomb without any harm.

Wonder Man can run at superhuman speeds above 55 miles per hour. It is theorized that Wonder Man could potentially run at 500 miles per hour in a strait line for 30 minutes before tiring.

Wonder Man has been shown to be able to leap many feet into the air and cover large distances using this method. It is estimated that Wonder Man could leap about three miles per leap.

Wonder Man no longer requires food, water or oxygen since the energy that gives him life is far more efficient and self-sustaining than the biochemical processes that sustain normal, ordinary human life.

Wonder Man can fly by tapping releasing the by-products of the ionic energy interactions within his body unidirectionaly through his skin. The process resembled the workings of a noiseless nuclear powered jet engine. It is unknown the top speed at which Wonder Man can fly, but he can apparently reach escape velocity with ease and journey into outer space under his own power.

Wonder Man can halt the flow of ionic energy to his eyes through an act of deep concentration and make them revert to normal for brief periods of time. If Wonder Man does this for an extended period of time, he will suffer a headache from the strain of stopping the flow of ionic energy to and from his eyeballs.

Wonder Man's vision extends slightly into the infrared section of the visible spectrum allowing him to see in absolute dark without aid from any light source.

While it appears Wonder Man transforms from a normal human being into being composed purely of ionic energy, this is not the case. Wonder Man's physical body is merely covered by ionic energy at that point. It is unknown if this outer covering of ionic energy adds more protection to his already near-invulnerable form or if it is just a by-product of his resurrection by the Scarlet Witch.

Wonder Man also taps his ionic energies to enhance the speed of any of his physical action, giving him a practical reaction time hundreds of times faster than an ordinary human being's.

Despite these his various powers, Wonder Man can still be hurt or rendered unconscious by a sufficiently powerful force. Wonder Man still possesses nerve endings that allow him to feel pain to a certain degree. Because of the ionic energy in his body, Wonder Man no longer physically ages and is functionally immortal.

I think this could go either way if Thor uses his hammer. But I agree with bakerboy, Wonderman would win if it was a fist fight.

Mainstream
Wonderman he fights for human righs wearing satan tights..oh wait that's wonderwoman....based on the WM info..I think WM has a good shot.

Eden Unicorn
I look at Wonderman this way. He's like hitting space. And when he hits you he's laying down space against you. He's one of the toughest in Marvel, he knows it and so does everyone else.
I think Thor walks away after a battle that he'll remember being greater than facing Hercules.
Wonderman will be like, "Well, I did it again." Happy Dance

Wonderman
I think Wonderman can lift Thors hammer. And destroy it by charging it with his ions and striking Thors head off with it.

DrDoom
I doubt Simon would be able to lift Thor's hammer, seeing as he has done shady business deals and even abandoned superheroing for acting on a couple of occasions. Doesn't sound like the description of someone worthy to me. Though he did sacrifice his life for Earth's...tsk it's hard to say. I'm gonna stick with the no-lifting.

They need to let him be able to discharge ionic energy from his eyes, so he'll have some long range power.

Anyway, Thor wins...barely.

eleveninches
Thor takes this one (especially king thor or rune thor)

long pig
Thor just absorbes WM totally into his hammer.
Thor can absorb ions...has before...if WM turns totally into this...hes gone. Or he could take the other route and fight Thor without using his powers.
Either way his body is going to be IN or smeard ON that hammer.

K3VIL
Wonder Man could be worth enough to lift Mjolnir.He has saved the world risking his own life on various occasions, even when Nefaria was going to contaminate the world with a huge ionic energy bomb, he and Atlas manage to absorb the energy saving the planet and becoming overcharged of ionic energy, Atlas himself sayed:
I've done a good thing, i'll die happy(translated from italia version).
If it isn't a worth thing, what could be?

paolo2134
However style they fight thor takes this,if he uses the powers of his hammer it's over very quickly but even if it's a straight fist fight he still wins in the end.If you look at their fight in the avengers annual thor was definitely taken by surprise by simon's new found determination and aggression because up until that point wondy had shown to be a bit lacking in warrior's passion before hence thor saying"you are now at last a true warrior simon williams" but in no way was thor seriously hurt by simon's punches and knowing he had to win and win quickly he disposed of him using his hammer but that doesn't mean simon was stronger than him.I believe that virtually throughout marvel history thor has been considered stronger than wonder-man and right up there with the hulk just ask stan the man lee.

Sentry
Wonderman has more wins than losses against Thor. And he did lift Thor's hammer. He did it while he was under the influence of the Enchantress. Here's a picture of him holding the hammer. The picture got cut off, but it's Simon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/WBioV.jpg

This fight could go either way. 6 out of 10 for Wonderman.

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
Thor just absorbes WM totally into his hammer.
Thor can absorb ions...has before...if WM turns totally into this...hes gone. Or he could take the other route and fight Thor without using his powers.
Either way his body is going to be IN or smeard ON that hammer.

Wonderman isn't made of ionic energy.... his cells generate it but he still has a physical body so he couldn't be absorbed..... some of his energy could but it is constantly produced so it wouldn't "turn him off"

without the hammer Wonderman wins, with it Thor wins

paolo2134
have to agree to disagree guys i say thor takes it with or without the hammer as i said he has virtually always been regarded as simon's superios physically and as a warrior and i think that the majority of marvel writers would agree.As for simon beating thor he has never beaten him in a fair fight the one shown above is where the enchantress was draining off thor's energy therebye weakening him so hardly a fair fight.I think simon is a great character and very underated but i still think thor's tougher so let's agree to disagree.

Zahit
Thor would beat the seven shades of shit out of Wonderman...

Scoobless
HEY........... THIEF!...........(Zahit that is)............... lol

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Sentry
Wonderman has more wins than losses against Thor. And he did lift Thor's hammer. He did it while he was under the influence of the Enchantress. Here's a picture of him holding the hammer. The picture got cut off, but it's Simon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/WBioV.jpg

This fight could go either way. 6 out of 10 for Wonderman.

Sentry..that picture looks very..very doctored..lol Mind telling us what issue its from, and the story behind the issue?

whobdamandog
whoops..my bad you already did..damb I gotta read before I post...

Scoobless
you can see that pic and get more background info here

http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/power/955/WBIO1g.htm

Zahit
hee hee hee smokin'

Sentry
Wonderman already beat Thor like twice already. Twice Thor has had his hammer and he still lost. King Thor would easily wipe the floor with Wonderman, but normal Thor got his a$$ handed to him, twice by Wonderman. Wonderman supposedly hits harder than Thor's hammer.

paolo2134
i repeat wonder-man has never beaten thor in a fair fight the one you refer to above he won with the clear aid of the enchantress as for their only fair one on one fight thor knocked him out cold with mjolnir so thor takes this wether it's classic or king thor.

Sentry
A win is a win.

paolo2134
a win is onlya real win when it's fair and square,don't get me wrong i think simon is a very underated character and certainly could give both thor or the hulk one helluva fight though.

Daddy Reddss
Wonderman is okay but he can't beat Thor. If the writers really wrote the story the right way, Thor.

bakerboy
I have seen four battles with those two. Two victories for thor, and two for wonderman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.