raiden from mortal kombat vs storm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

5knuckleShuffle
can a mutant defeat a god of thunder and lighting?

what do you think?

Kontraz
Raiden wins... ESPECIALLY Dark Raiden. I mean, even before, he kicked ass, but he always held back because he didnt want to kill anybody except for one evil person at a time... now he could care less if he "accidently" blows up the planet in the process, as long as he wins.

SpyCspider
i dunno...Raiden got his ass served by Quan Chi and Shang Tsung in MK Deception.

Maybe Kurt Russell vs. Raiden is a better match up, considering Jack kicked their asses in Big Trouble in Little China...

SpyCspider
Raiden vs. Thor vs. Zeus vs. Shazam vs. Electro vs. Storm

Let the electricity war begin!

Joker1237
Quan Chi and Shang Tsung are powerful fighters. Raiden could beat them one on one. But it was too much even for a Thunder God.

I think Shange Tsung and Quan Chi could beat Storm. 2 one 1 or 1 on 1. take your pick.

I say Raiden wins.

SpyCspider
hehe agreed.

I think the problem with Raiden is he always keeps reverting to a mortal form in order to fight, enter tournaments, etc. If he just kept his godly status, he can probably just f*ck them all up easily.

Mainstream
Raiden wins! Fightabackaloooooooooooooooo! laughing

K3VIL
Raiden is a god.Storm is above him in any combat skill.He has more experience, more power, more resistance, more strenght, he will laugh at any kind of weather control feat Storm perform, and then put her K.O. with a electrical superstrenght punch.
SpyCspider i like Jack Burton but he cannot defeat Raiden big grin

jinzin
I think raiden is uber powerful, but I don't think a pissed off strom is anything to be messing around with. Raiden in his mortal form as got his ass handed to him fighting smoke and mileena, in his mortal form raiden will be laughing at any of storms powers....untill he turns around to see a tornado right before it sucks him up. Against his god form,,,,,well he's a god, thor would be more well suited for fighting that kind of power, but the mortal game incarnation gets humilated by storm.

Krissy Von Doom
Raiden would do a fatality on Storm

uQifg2WV
Raiden would crush Storm. It may take a few more seconds then he originally thought, but think about which one has superhumanly endurance. One punch. In god form I'd bet he has strength that matches, Superman. I mean c'mon dude, he's a fregen God.

jinzin
wtf i said he'd beat her candy ass in god form, in his mortal form he's toast though,,,litterally, he couldn't even stop goro with the help of all the MK fighters,,,,and that was before goro went all superempowered. Subzero killed goro all by himself. Storm has all the powers than mortal raiden AND subs have, hence storm cleans raidens clock.
but god raiden, that wouldn't even be funny. more like sad really.

Kontraz
umm.... he wasn't allowed to fight goro in the first MK... that was before he was an official member of the tournament. He didnt become a mortal to fight for earth until 2 or 3...

terror_child3
I vote raiden on this one. He is crazy fast in mortal form, not to mention he can shoot lightning from his fingers. Storm on the other hand can conjure all sorts of weather. Albiet Raiden would have a hell of a fight on his hands, I think his speed would prevail.
Raiden in god form.... that isnt even a fight.

SpyCspider
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goro

Goro died by being mortally wounded by Noob Saibot according to the Canon storyline. Each character may have defeated him in their proposed ending storyline, comics, cartoons, etc...but if they're not written by Tobias or Boon, they're not canon.

Just like Johnny Cage didn't really fight Goro (ie. movie)

SpyCspider
hahah some more to add to the list of lightning peepz......

Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars
Count Dooku
Rain from MK (summons lightning)
Ashrah from MK Deception
LiveWire from Batman/Superman Animated

Kontraz
ashrah doesnt use electricity.....

and spy, when does Goro die, do you know (not claiming noob didnt kill him, for you obviously have proof). Cuz i had always heard that sub-zero had killed him (though noob is sub zero reincarneted, but sub-zero died after goro did, i thought...)

SpyCspider

Kontraz
yeah, i'm guessing goro survived the first mk tourny, then.

anyway, about ashra, she shoots some kind of blast of "purity" or something. I dont know, i just know its not actually electricity. It has something to do with her being a demon and slaying other demons to purify her soul or something. I dont know, i have to go and talk to her in the game again.

Joker1237
Raiden never fought Goro,
Goro lost to Liu Kang in the Tourment

But Raiden did kill Kintaro, (Story line)

Joker1237
oh and Scorpin killed Subzero in the first tourment, and withdrew from the Tourment after that. He had no reason to go on and fight Goro, Shang Tsun or the other combateds. He mission(IE killing Subzero) was complete.

Goro fought Kang and lost to him, But would die in war at the hands of Noob.
Raiden had no big part in MK 1. But he did pertake in the outworld tourment, He killed Kintaro, Liu won the out world tourment with a win over Khan.

MK3 comes and Raiden is force to watch as the eart worlds defeat Khan and his invaded troops.

Cosmo Kramer
Arent Thor and Zeus technicolly the same god just diffrent mythological perceptions? I think they are.

terror_child3
no... Thor is the Norse god of thunder(kinda like raiden in viking form). Zeus on the other hand is the greek king of gods, he just happens to like javelins made of lightning(ego booster).

Kontraz
actually, you have it reversed, zeus was the god of lightning who just happened to later become the ruler of all gods.

jinzin
noob is still subs so either way you look at it, subs won. But yeah I'm definitely using examples from the actual comic book series, while their not the exact same as the game storyline, (well this is a comic book movie forum) so i think that their results are more or less valid, it's kind of like the mirage tmnt comics, vs. the archie ones. the characters and results of events are roughly comparible while they are two completely different stories. But if these comics aren't valid, than This whole threads discussion boards in trouble, I mean how can spiderman have 4 different ongoing series, supporting different timeline continuity and still hold water? How can Wolverine be in 5 different team books saving the world when he's trying to help take it over in his own series? .....see what i mean.

Anyway back on subject, I forgot that mortal raiden can teleport, and can at least hold his own against shao khan (for a short time anyway) so maybe the fight wouldn't be as one sided as I originally thought, but i think a pissed off storm would beat him.
But yeah, god raiden owns her.

K3VIL
Ehm i have to correct my error, i was going to write that Raiden is above Storm in any way, but it was late night and i was tired, excuse me stick out tongue

uQifg2WV
God, me, God, same difference, forgives all.

terror_child3
this thread is so off topic it aint even funny

jinzin
well it is a little.

terror_child3
ok, final overview of match.
Storm: powers= flight, weather control
martial prowess=minimal
Asociets=X-men

Raiden(human form): Powers=teleportaion, master of lighting, speed
martial prowess=expert(thousands of years of training counts for something)
Asociets=Elder gods, MK fighters

Analysis= Raiden Wins 2 to 0

muffin man
storm she has wind and thunder as well

terror_child3
so..... wind and thunder do unbelievably little against a god of thunder such as raiden. Raiden still win.

jplatinum
Raiden is immortal, has every power storm has, can disappear into solid electricity, and has far far superior fighting abilities.

Thus ye post a fight
that angst a fight at all

"Raiden Wins!"

laughing

Kontraz
i dont kno why i didnt say this earlier... but what can storm or raiden do to each other to harm the other? I mean, anything storm with weather wont hurt raiden, and im not sure, but raidens lightnignt probably wont hurt storm do all to much, so it just boils down to a fist fight, which raiden wins with ease.

savagerampage
Actually goro isnt dead, and neither is shao kahn both are in the gamecube version of deception and there stories are being brought into the mk storyline.

Raiden makes short work of storm, if he was elder god, everyone would be toast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.