Rogue vs.Batgirl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Asian Hulk
Rogue of X-Men will fougght against Batgirl in Gotham City.so Barbara Gordon need help of Gotham City government.Rogue still attack Barbara and she becomes as Batgirl.

Lord Ryugen
This is an unfair battle. Rogue would crush batgirl in the first punch.

tkitna
Thank God Batgirls not like her cousin with all of that "with the right amount of preperation time" garbage. Yeah, this is a no-brainer. Rogue with one punch.

Spawnie
Rogue would slap her arround and call her Susan!

eleveninches
Rogue would whoop Batgirls skanky b*tch ass

The Batman
Rogue is skankier than all the Batgirls combined, eleveninches.

The current Batgirl is not Barbara Gordon-- who is a crippled computer genius called Oracle-- she is a martial arts master named Cassandra Cain who far exceeds her predecessor in fighting ability.

Either way, obviously Rogue would win, based on sheer power. Why is this post even here? Did Asian Hulk confuse movie Rogue (who would be eating floor half a second, whichever Batgirl she faced) with the real one?

Linkalicious
Rogue stomps Batgirl.

Never
How is Rogue going to touch Batgirl? LoL, what use is power when one cannot knock out what one cannot touch? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You all do realize Batgirl just stomped Lady Shiva, correct?

FrothByte
but sooner or later batgirl would need to come close to attack. it would only take one hit from rogue

The Batman
Rogue is far from my favorite character, so it is with no love that I say that she is capable of superhuman speed and therefore has the ability to touch Batgirl. The fact that she's nigh-invulnerable means she doesn't have to worry much about retaliation. The worst thing Batgirl could do to Rogue would be to let the little corn pone touch her; the psychological trauma psychically absorbing Cassandra's screwed-up past would do worse than any physical blow she throws at Rogue. Rogue is far beyond Batgirl's class, whatever the little maniac's fighting skills. This is not a worthwhile debate.

Never
Which would be incredibly difficult to land, while hardly a given that she will land said punch. Is Rogue, in your opinion, vulnerable to pressure point attacks? Poison? Throat strikes?

Batgirl...is like...almost the perfect martial arts fighter; i.e. no stationary target. She is fast, she is nasty, and she is highly skilled, hence my scoffing at the "Rogue would crush Batgirl" comments.

Not so one-sided as it seems, is it?

Lord Ryugen
Fair enough, but since Rogue's been hit with a lot harder and stronger stuff than a human fist e.g walls, metal pipes, laser blasts e.t.c. and got straight back up I do find it hard to believe that Batgirl can hurt Rogue

Spawnie
Comic Rogue is a lot tougher then the one in the movie, The Batman is right. I think whoever posted this thinks the 2 r the same.
I've seen Rogue do lots of damage in the Comic, and she does train in th danger room. Rogue would win just because she is stronger phisically, and she has her power.

The Batman
No, not really. Maybe a little bit susceptible, but she's been shown to shrug off the effects of poison quickly enough (right before Wolverine's wedding), and while a throat punch by the Thing would ruin her singing career for a month, mere mortals--even expert martial artists that were trained to kill in their diapers-- would be wasting their time trying to find Rogue's weak spot. Using lethal, high-tech weapons is the only thing that a human could do to really injure Rogue. Batgirl doesn't play that way, so she flees or she loses the fight.

Batgirl's speed and moves aren't a match for someone of Rogue's power. When they say Rogue has superhuman strength, speed, nigh-invulnerability, and all the rest of it, it's pretty straightforward and proved. They mean she's a big, bad mutant who can't be hurt by normal humans without heavy firepower. That's the whole point of Rogue: far more power than is needed to defeat people like Cassandra Cain, far too little personality for any of us to really care.

tkitna
I agree with this completely! We're talking about a person who has withstood a punch so powerful that it knocked her out of the earths atmosphere, and she came right back down swinging. I dont think Batgirl could muster up enough power with a kick or punch to the throat or any nerve ending to cause any harm to Rogue. As mentioned above, some battles arent worth the time of debate, and I feel this is one of them.

Rogues pretty damn fast too. I think she could tag her.

BarmyBrummie
Erm, Rogue can touch her if she is wearing gloves which she always does erm

tkitna
We're talking about speed wise. There is some doubt as to wether Rogue could get her hands on Batgirl due to Batgirls speed, but that is not my belief. It would be a big disadvantage if Rogue actually absorbed Batgirls powers.

The Batman
No, it wouldn't. If she absorbed Cassandra's skills and knowledge, she would only benefit from it. There is the little matter of absorbing her screwed-up psyche, but you mentioned "powers." Remember, Rogue does not trade in her powers for new ones she absorbs temporarily.

Never
Yes, I think Rogue SHOULD win. Question is how can Batgirl hurt her physically?

Would not be nearly as easy as it seems at first glance considering this would be no "you punch me, I punch you" affair. That was my point with the Wonder Woman vs. Hulk thread - Hulk SHOULD win, but Wonder Woman gets in tons of punches considering her speed, flight, and battle skills.

Rogue is no brilliant strategist and never has been. Great fighter? No. Pure power and flying speed. Carol Danvers was going to beat the hell out of her in Uncanny #171 had Colossus not intervened.

Flip side, she took a blow from Binary without flinching but fainted after Viper shot her several times with an "ordinary" blaster gun in #173.

You tell me?

The Batman
That's the heavy firepower I was talking about. Clearly that wasn't an "ordinary" blaster. In the story in question, Rogue claimed to be invulnerable. The comic implies that she's pretty damn tough, but given a super-baddie packing bad enough heat, she'll go down.

Wherever Viper gets her hardware is irrelevant. Batgirl doesn't use that stuff. She won't kill, remember? With Rogue it's pretty much all or nothing. In a fight with her, if you want to go home under your your own power and not on a stretcher, you either bring chocolates and an apology or you bring enough power or hardware to put her in the ground. Batgirl doesn't have the kind of innate ability that would disable Rogue, and if she sought technological assistance, she wouldn't know how to accomplish this without risking killing her.

VENOMfan
Rogue is a odd one, thats why i was never to intrigued by her character.I dont know much about the X-men series or dynamics off the team but she always looked liked the tag-along of the group to me. her power is she obsorb's other's abilities this is cool......but she also has super strength, can fly, and is invulnerable...........and thats what throws me off about her why can she do all that?

kal-el
Well VF.Her mutant power is only the absorbing powers thing.she attained her strength(50tonne range) flight(speed of sound limit) and nigh-invulnerability(bullet-proof,fire-proof) when she fought Ms.Marvel whom already had these powers.Due to the sheer power or Ms.Marvel's abilities, the change was permanent and Rogue maintained her absorging mutant powers. That clear it up for you you slobbering beast?

VENOMfan
hmmmmm.............thats f*****g crazy. Rogue is a hell of a lot more powerfull than my first assumption
*slobber's*

kal-el
THAT IS F*CKING CRAZY! I............oh sh*t........wait there!

kal-el
...................Whew, that was easy!Had to sort out some bad-doers trying to steal Prince William's little black book! Then lift a sunken boat out of the Thames.
Are you slobbering on your computer again?BAD VENOMFAN!

VENOMfan
It's ok I have a mad supply of napkins, and how dare those hooligan's*grabs napkin* try to steal said soverign book! smite them!

kal-el
And trust me, Prince Wills little black book is bigger than my bible!

VENOMfan
those hooligans...*shakes cane like a grumpy old man...then wonders where the hell it came from*

kal-el
LOL.dude youre making me laugh so hard, my false teeth are falling out!

tkitna
I always thought that she would temporarily lose her invulnerability if she absorbed somebody elses powers. This is why I said it would not benefit her to touch Batgirl as I thought Batgirl would lay into her as the process was happening (although I guess it messes up the host as its happening too). Oh well!

Never
Difficult to tell if she thought Rogue was still a villain. Recall Rogue's difficulty in differentiating between her psyche and Carol's is the reason why she sought Xavier's help in the first place. Come to think of it, I would have to say yes, considering Rogue ran away from Mystique and the BoEM prior to seeking Xavier's help.

"That tough?" Yes. Class 100 strength, near light-speed flight, and taps the power of a white hole, if I recall correctly.

Imagine being able to focus/channel the terrible energies of a white hole...? Heat, light, gravity, all other energies on the electromagnetic spectrum.

Binary. Don't sleep cool

The Batman
Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Let us all bask in the knowledge that radiates from the Batman. And wipe that up, Venom. Someone get more napkins!

tkitna
Yeah, I realize Binarys power (I was talking about Ms. Marvel. I've never seen her take a punch like Rogue did but since its the same power, I guess my question is answered).

***I always thought Binary was such a waste of a good character with the Starjammers bit and all. Marvel could have done alot more with her.***

Asian Hulk
what do you think about Rogue to fight Batgirl?

Asian Hulk
Batgirl is going to fight against Rogue

Raventheonly
Rogue wins no argument... apparently even before i knew all that.

Lord Ryugen
Okay if Rogue can't apparently hit Batgirl due to her brains and speed and Batgirl can't hurt Rogue due to her invaunrablity then it comes down to sheer endurance, who can go the distance and wear the other out. In that case I'll go for Rogue

malkavian
no contest, Rogue wins

Asian Hulk
maybe if Rogue attack Batgirl.that means Batgirl hit her batarang against Rogue.

Asian Hulk
ROGUE

Asian Hulk
VS.

Asian Hulk
BATGIRL

Gregory
We all know what the bloody thread is about, Asian Hulk.

punkyhermy
i don't think this is relevant but,i'll say it anywhoo,i think alicia did pretty well for babs.not great but not bad.in fact i like her she was really kind of adorable and of course i'd swoon over clooney anyday....

Lord Ryugen
I just want to make sure since I don't read many Batman comics. The Batgirl we're using is the one who wears the full body leather with a yellow outline of a bat. Looks oriental without the mask. That Batgirl right?

Gregory
Cassandra Cain; she's the one we're using, yes.

muffin man
rogue she has powers and can absorb powers so i don't think bat girl can win what a walk over victory

Mainstream
Gotta go with Rogue. What was Batgirl thinking?

MatchesMalone
Batgirl was thinking she was going to kill Asian Hulk for putting her in this obviously unfair matchup.

Imperial_Samura
Oh wailey, wailey, wailey. Poor Batgirl, this is quite misbalanced, but eh, Batgirl is good, but I can't conceivably see her winning against Rogue, unless she called in a great deal of help, such as Batman...

Mainstream
Rogue wins Sugahs.

yugotank
"Asian Hulk,What do you see"?

"I see Rogue giving Batgirl a beating"

Akuki
Current Rogue simply torches batgirl since she has sunfire's powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.