We Were Soldiers!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ploop4444
WOW! I don't usually like Nam movies, but this movie opened my eyes. Instead of ususal war movies that show the front and that's it, this movie really showed what life at home was like, and that really touched me!

What about you?

Justin

Mane
Welcome to the boards. There is a forum for movies reviews, so this will get moved. big grin

shellie
great movie smile

happy welcome to kmc

i dont get to say this often......

Mane is right stick out tongue

Mane
HA! HAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA.......HAHAHAHA...HAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. no expression

shellie
laughing out loud love you too mane

The Inkeeper
I hated this film, its typical American attitude.

America didnt win the war, yet the end scene shows Americans triumphantly getting ready to die, and then watching the Viet Minh get slaughtered by a single helicopter then hopping on this invincible piece of machinery and calmly flying out of the area with triumphant looks on their faces.

The film wasnt thought out. The Viet Minh werent built up enough as a dangerous and effective enemy, it didnt bother to show the reasons for war, there were just vague hints about French failing at regaining control.

Also theres a line, where Gibson says if live soldiers get on a helicopter its gonna be taken down, yet half an hour later a single helicopter comes in, slaughters hundreds of Viet Minh soldiers and escapes full of soldiers.

Some Viet Minh Lt. says 'kill all they send' early on after the French are slaughtered, yet towards the end, on a hill above the jungle and a mere few miles from Ho Chi Minh's command post we see the media? What the f**k?

Smasandian
I enjoyed this film.
I thought they were effectively shown to be a worthy army.
Did you really watch the movie?
It wasn't about why the war started, its was about the first land battle in the Vietnam war between the Americans and the north Vietnamese.
There's also shots of helicopters getting shot down. The movie was somewhat realistic about the historic facts of that battle.
And lastly, the Vietnam war was the first war to bring on embedded journalism, so it was correct that journalists were they're after the battle. A mere few miles back?, well the North Vietnamese gave up that command post at the end of the movie, so it wasn't as dangerous to have the media there.
I felt it was a good movie that showcased both sides of the war. It was more about the actual battle then the grand scope of the war.

MildPossession
The battle scenes were good, but it isn't a war film I rate high up there.

jaden101
i hated we were soldiers...utter crap as war films go...especially vietnam films

*LEGATO*
Originally posted by Mane
Welcome to the boards. There is a forum for movies reviews, so this will get moved. big grin

There is? I've been looking for that since..

Smasandian
Originally posted by *LEGATO*
There is? I've been looking for that since..

There was until it got deleted.

tabby999
while the movie itself was ok, the ending gives me the shits. the movie shows both sides of the war once in a while and tries hard to be impartial then at the end goes into full on butch pro usa shit fest. made me sick

BlazingBarrells
wow, i loved this war movie. I thought all of it was fantastic. Good acting, great battle scenes. I odnt see why Inkeeper hated it soo much. I could go on for a while on how it is a very worthy war flick. But that doesnt matter. I loved it!!!

PINBALL
i thought it was good until that stupid news guy came and thought he was all tough when he survied and acted like he did something other than be an annoyance

PINBALL
and one thing that was dumb was when that vietnamese guy tries to bayanet that guy i cant think of his name when he could of just shot him instead he got a buller right through his head why was he so dumb?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.