Carnivale [Merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vampiree
Anyone watching this series on HBO? I'm totally in LOVE with it! It's scary, interesting and intruguing, one of the best series i saw (BUT 6 feet under). Love the idea, storyline, characters... everything is just DIFFERENT!

roundisfunny
I would recommend checking out the forums at www.carnivale.org but they kind of let the trolls run free, spoiling it for everyone. It's not so bad if you can get past that.

I can't wait for season 2!

chebchall
I think i may just have found something to replace my addiction to the Sopranos.

Just got back from the states and managed to catch a couple of the re-runs of the show.

To my delight i've discovered it's here from September - who needs the summer roll on autumn! All the info you could ever need is located at www dot fxtv dot tv.

Watch it i dare you

chebchall
Finally got to the FXTV Carnivale web site to access the great video clips etc which really get you in the mood you don't need the www it's just carnivale.fxuk.tv

Really worth a look

littleredguitar
Hi - someone told me there's going to be an exclusive pre-screening of the first 3 episodes of Carnivale this Friday (13th) at the Fox building in Golden Square!!!! Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Ave are giving away free tickets from tomorrow. I'm trying to find out more info. Anyone else heard about this?

Dexx
yeah, i watched the first season. 'tis ok.

littleredguitar
if you like that sort of thing have a look at the website - carnivale.fxuk.tv (no www) - its got a message board and this mad tarot card reading thing that predicts your future... the best th8ing though is a quiz you do to see which freak youre most like... quite scary!!

ragesRemorse
Great Show.Not as good as six feet under or dead like me but after those it is the most entertaining show on t.v. cant wait for season two

chebchall
Hey, littleredguitar what did you get?

Apparently i'm just like Gecko but don't let that put you off!!

littleredguitar
Lila, the bearded lady! Apparently I know what I want and how to get it. Unfortunately I've got a beard.

MildPossession
I am hoping this gets a release on terrestrial television here in England.

Storm
They' ve just started broadcasting Carnivale in Belgium. We' re at episode 2 from the first season. And I have to say, from what I' ve seen this far, I absolutely love it happy

supertruper
I have to say I am pretty excited for Carnivale to come back. What a cliff hanger last season. The scenery of the whole dust bowl thing is pretty gripping- I practically feel gritty after watching an episode. Any other fans ....?

http://www.hbo.com/carnivale/img/252x190/episodic/season01/ep02_ben_sofie_eating.jpg

WindDancer
The DVD box set of Carnivale season 1 is available in the US. I been thinking about buying it and watching it. Never had the chance to catch the series while they were aired on HBO. I've heard some good reviews so I'm interested. big grin

Dr. Strangelove
I started watching during the last few episodes. Great show. thumb up

roundisfunny
Yep. I enjoyed the first season a great deal. I may have to bite the bullet and buy the DVDs before season two debuts.

supertruper
I am gonna have to bite the bullet too... but it is not as if anyone is twisting my arm on this one. I ahave been waiting for Carnivale DVD to come out for a while. I love getting lost in this show. It is so refreshingly weird and different from anything else right now.

theReject
I caught the last few episodes last season. They were great! So I've been trying to catch the last season reruns so I'll know what all's going on in the next season.
Oh and Yes I am excited about the new season.
big grin Finally a good tv show to look foward to. Usually all the good ones get canceled unfortunately.

supertruper
I got the DVD, and the box itself is so cool. I had forgotten how incredible the cinematography is in this show- and the whole backdrop of the dustbowl era.... good n gritty! I highly recommend the DVD box set....if even a gift to yourself for the holiday.....

supertruper
Ya- I got it off Amazon. Sssooooo worth it... anyone else purchase Carnivale?

theReject
Wow I'll consider that. smile
I can't wait for season 2!!January 9!!(At least I think that's the date)

alic88
ya also nick stahl is an awesome actor

supertruper
Agreed- I was very impressed with Nick's acting in the first season, and I look forward to the second... from the trailer, looks like there will be some cool scenes....

theReject
thumb up I agree!

Tonight, is the 1st Season finale, for those interested. It's 11/10c.
smile

Little Miss Reject

theReject
I want to! smile But I haven't yet.

Oh and what are your thoughts about the word AVATAR(At least I think that was what it said) Ben Hawkins wrote with his blood?

POSSIBLE SPOILER(I'M NOT SURE IT IS ONE, AND I REALLY DOUBT IT BUT TO BE SURE. PLEASE DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SURPRISED IN THE LEAST ABOUT NEXT SEASON) -I can't figure out how to use the spoilers tags. So it will be done the old fashion way.
embarrasment

I looked up what the word means. What I found said, that it is an incarnation of a god. I wonder if that has anything to do with season two.
I thought that cool. Well, any thoughts? smile I'd love to read them.

<<Solo>>
Yeah, I just got Carnivale Season 1. And Reject, spoiler tags are simple just whatever

theReject
Oh Cool! I really want the first Season because it was awesome!
Oh and thanks for the Spoiler Tag Tip! big grin

theReject
Days til Season 2- 10...I think.

supertruper
I have been catching up on season 1 DVD...catching up before the second season starts.... only 5 more days!

supertruper
now it is 5 days.....yay!

fruits
y do we have 2 threads about this? can one be closed or do we need thenm both?

theReject
That's a good point, I was wondering the same. Hmm

theReject
Yay!

fruits
well, please post all future carnivale information in this thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f36/t316756.html

Storm
Because supertruper didn' t use the search function which would have leaded him/her to this original thread.

WindDancer

supertruper
ARG! I am such a dufus... sorry guys... my bad...

dread
Missed the opening new season last week....Like the show...(like Deadwood better) but Carnivale is excellent...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.