Beauty and THE bEAST anyone!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

punkyhermy
beauty and the beast ,the disney versin,is just one of those animated movies that is and will always be timeless.it's simply beautiful!simple,yet deep.the animation was good if not great.and man,i loved the beast he is the only character animated,who is well...depp,apart from the animated batman!
it's just,i love it! i grew up with i guess,it was the firts disney film i ever saw...simply breathtaking and it is still one of my favorite movies today!
so wat do u guys think?love it hate it?

Kes
This is one of my faves. The songs, the story, its all good and funny.
Really wish I had this one.

fini
i agree, an oscar nom for best picture cant be wrong ( although Lion king did miss out).

But back to the point , its an Incredible movie, much less a cartoon

Evy_O
It's lovely, I used to watch and re-watch it all over again as a kid big grin

i_love_keanu
I love that film....has anyone seen the stage show of it?
I thaught that it was amazing,....but nothing can beat the Disney version!

OBloommyday
i love beauty and the beast! I like those teapots singing and the Beast looks mean but he is charming.

kalantiaw
my favorite is the narratory (is that even a word?) introduction of the beast. excellent movie. i have on dvd...

Korri
*sigh* i wish i was a nosebag sad

chez
You mean the narration at the beginning?

Checking the voices, I found that that part was done by David Ogden Stiers, who also did the voice of Cogsworth... interesting. I was surprised because I'd heard him in M*A*S*H as well, and he sounded different again. I wouldn't have known it was him if it weren't for the credits.

But anyway -- back to the movie. It has it all. Nice storyline, beautiful soundtrack, great lyrics. This is one of my Disney faves.

Aku
Long ago in a far away land,
lived a prince in a shining castle,
And even though the prince had everything his heart desired,
The prince was spoiled, selfish and unkind,
One night, a knock came at the castle door,
And there stood an old beggar woman wrapped in cloaks,
The beggar offered the prince a single rose in exchange for shelter from the bitter cold,
Ashamed by her haggid appearance, the prince snarled at the gift,
And showed her away,
But the beggar told him "do not be decieved by appearnces as beauty is found within",
And when the Prince refused her again, Her uglyness melted away,
And there stood a beautiful enchantress,
The prince begged for forgiveness, but it was too late for she had seen that there was no love in his heart,
And as punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast,
And put a spell on the castle and all who lived there.
The rose she gave him, was truly an enchanted rose, and it would bloom on his 21st birthday.
If he could learn to love and have another and share her love in return before the last petal falls, the spell would be broken.
If not, he would remain a beast for all eternity.

(translated from the original 'Beauty and the Beast' from the French classic.)

eleveninches
I strongly disagree with a kids movie that encourages beastiality. mad

punkyhermy
has anybody else noticed the amazing soundtrack...i dunno everytime i listen to the music in the part when belle enters the beasts room, and stares at his portriat when he was a human...notice teh music in the background...its just- so- i don't have words to describe it.it's just beautiful.i get the warm feeling from the inside whenever i listenm to it.work of genious that is....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.