Havoc vs. Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SUPERMANDAMAN
WHO WOULD WIN BETWEEN THE BROTHERS?

Arachnoidfreak
Noone. they can't hurt each other using their powers. Fist to fist, Cyke is the better fighter i think.

SUPERMANDAMAN
HOW COME THEY CANT HURT EACH OTHER?

the assassin
havok would win. his plasma blast could beat cyclops's puny optic blast any day. but i don't know why they'd be fightning in the first place.....

SUPERMANDAMAN
I WOULD HAVE TO SAY HIS PLASMA BLAST WOULD PACK MORE OF A PUNCH THAN CYCS OPTIC BLAST BUT THEN AGAIN HAVOC RUNS OUT OF ENERGY AFTER A WHILE WHILE CYCLOPS DONT

Darth Jello
this already happened during the extinction agenda, cyke and havok have an immunity to each other's powers, they just make each other stronger. it came down to an ass kicking and cyclops won.

SUPERMANDAMAN
WOW THAT SORTA SUCKS

norrin radd

Maelstrom
cyclops is solar powered and not very puny. He can level a mountian. Often when he fights opponents he is trying to incapacitate them not to rip a hole through their body. In secrect wars when the mountain fell on the heros, Thor's mightiest blast by his hammer to reach the burried heros, 'were mere taps', according to him. That's just a comparison.
Havok is cosmic powered if i remember. Like a sun must be powered by cosmic rays to emmit solar power. However i like havok better and his power is stronger and if they didn't cancel Havok would turn cyke into glass.
Getting back to the moutain, where Hulk was holding it up due to leverage, it took Mister Fantastic to develope a weapon from spidy's shooters, powered by the torch and iron man, all combined to blast through the moutain. Something cyke could have done without damage to others around him without a blink.
Mutants may not be the most at everything but they are versitial

Reborn Again
Havoc & Cyke got their powers from the Sun, right? So it only stands to reason, if one attacked the other, the attacker would have their plasma blast absorbed by the other? If they were deadlocked into mortal combat, meaning fist fighting, however, Cyke has the advantage. He's more balance and skillful with his hands. Just has Jean. She knows. wink

SUPERMANDAMAN
actually cyks blast come from another dimension he never runs out so thats why i think that he could beat havoc if their powers did work on each other cause havocs powers do run out and it takes him 16 hours to recharge them

Arachnoidfreak
Havoc's power comes from another dimension also, its just that Havoc's body works like a battery, storing up the energy, and Cyclops is more like a live feed. Their powers come from the same place, that's exactly why they can't hurt each other with their powers.

norrin radd

Arachnoidfreak
apparently so. Nothing on earth is similar to what their powers can do. Plasma, superheated matter, is the closest you can get to Havoc's power, but it doesn't happen on earth too often. It's fairly common in the center of the sun though.

Maelstrom
My information says Cykes power is derived from a solar mass. I never heard of the other dimension, mabey thats how it charges him, through another dimension. But Cyke surely runs out, ive seen it happen often in the comics. There may have been an upgrade i don't know of. If so i'd love to hear all about it. Im not as sure about what i said about havoks power being cosmic generated but it could be. Either way neither one of them generates their own powers, only act as conduits, unlike Magneto who access/generates. I guess that is what dear old maggie is missing, the conduit factor.

Arachnoidfreak
Science of the Xmen, pick it up some time.

terror_child3
In the event this sibling rivalry heats up, who would be standing in the end? dun dun dunnnnn

baddspellahl4
cyclops would win for 2 reasons 1.Thier powers are ineffeicent (they dont work) against each other and 2. cyclops has better x-men training so he knows how to fight better.

pr1983
cyclops, he's a better fighter.

Mainstream
I'm going with Scott Summers too. He'd rule over young Alex!

muffin man
havok he can see

Linkalicious
Could go either way.

Just because their powers don't work on eachother doesn't mean it doesn't work on the environment around them. Either one could collapse a ceiling on the other.

terror_child3
see now linkalicious knows what he's talking about. muffin man....... i should slap you.......

Havoc470
very good point, both characters would obviously use their environment as a weapon

in a hand to hand fight i dont think cyclops would win, i recall them both having an all out brawl once and neither having an advantage over the other

pr1983
cyclops fighting ability:

http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/fight6.html

and thats with his eyes closed...

Havoc470
okay, and im basing my point on an actual comic where they fight eachother.....

that is a cool sequence though

pr1983
yeah, ive read that too, but unless alex has a team of superheroes and trains daily, i cant see him beatin cyke man to man...

ayjay
yeeh i agree...cyclops for suure

miahera
can't hurt each other with their powers directly. this will come down to who can slap each other faster and harder or who can hit that boulder above them and squash the other. Havok probably has some issues being his brother's shadow for much of his life. give it to the fire plug. he once killed Storm. heck he'll do his brother.

terror_child3
it was the mutant x comic book series i was thinking of, they didnt fight but after the two were captured, it was Alex that saved both theyre sorry buts and did the majority of the damage to sinister,s lair....

mr.smiley
why does everyone consider cyclops such a *****?

pr1983
cos wolverine does... damn shame...

K3VIL
Havoc have to destroy Cyclops visor, that would make Scott blind, and at that point Alex can simply defeat him cause he cannot see without his visor.

clickclick
Not blind, hed just do a lot of damage.

K3VIL
He cannot see without his visor he must take his eye close of he will starts to shoot optic blast without control

Havoc470
click on the link pr1983 put up earlier....the links are put up for a reason

not for me, one recent reason is because he's a huge d*ck to alex and he moved from jean grey to emma in a heartbeat at jean grey's funeral........i think i'd agree with wolvie lol

pr1983
yeah, but jeans been makin eyes at logan for years, how would you feel if you were in his position, and he was already with emma when jean died. the alex thing, yeah ok, but when alex was in a coma scott checked up on him constantly. Jean's died what is it 3 times now? the guys gone through hell, lost his son, had to be responsible for the x-men when he was in charge, and on top of all looking over his shoulder at logan, try to see it from his point of view...

i still think he'd take alex...

clickclick
His visor or sunglasses allow him to open his eyes without destroying stuff. He can see without those two things but he will end up tearing everything up.

muffin man
well at least havok isn't brain damaged

Havoc470
to me its more like logan makes eyes at jean while jean stays truthful and scott just whines about it, still isnt a reason to make-out with emma at jeans funeral....might as well have sex on her tombstone

from seeing comics of them fighting eachother theres nothing that proves scott would have the upper-hand

pr1983
thats a bit harsh... he was with emma before then, and he was heartbroken, he needed comforting, not that he was right... but he isn't the ba*tard people think he is imo...

and dont tell me you wouldnt be pissed if a guy like logan was sniffin around your woman...

and jeans died like twice before... i'm sure he knows that she might (probably) be back.

Havoc470
i wont go as far as calling him a bastard, just a bit of a wuss lol

but yeah she would probably be back, and hopefully kill emma because im tired of her...i could only dream

pr1983
wuss? i dont think so, just cos he shows some restraint...

and i hope jean kills emma too...

muffin man
whoa whoa whoa dudes chill
cyclops a dick head and havoc470's right

pr1983
its the case that most people that like wolverine hate cyclops... i'm used to it...

Havoc470
i actually like cyclops more than wolvie, his character was interesting before, but now they've portrayed him as more of a d*ck than anything else imo

pr1983
oh theyve ruined him big time...

but id a never called him a wuss...

Havoc470
a BIT of a wuss, not a full-on wuss lol

i say a bit of a wuss mostly because of the new xmen stuff.....i hate that name "new xmen" it confuses people sometimes

pr1983
theyve taken his balls away, but classic cyclops was not one bit of a wuss imo.

Havoc470
definitely, everything im talking about is recently

old school cyclops is awesome

pr1983
oh, my mistake, sorry embarrasment

post onslaught he went downhill...

muffin man
i don't remember him not being a d*ck head but I've only been reading from 97kid

image3320
Originally posted by Linkalicious

Just because their powers don't work on eachother doesn't mean it doesn't work on the environment around them. Either one could collapse a ceiling on the other.

mad laughing
I think it could go the same, but walls & scrap metal & a few tons of rock will not a prison make. Early Xfactor shows Cyke's impact beam decap the upper portion of the mountain the fell on the starting 5 in x-factor #1. Both have limits in power storage & both are trained well in restraint; but havoc has a determination to prove that he is not second best. they both have a sibling connection that will limit the amount of recklessness they use. Mostly like black tom & banshee, fists will likely decide the outcome there. Alex has the edge cause he will kick you while you are down. While Scott is the resident boyscout & tactician who's morals wouldn't let him kill baby Hitler, much less sucker punch his lil brother. passion Vs. planning. The situation decides, Scott uses his surroundings better, like in the danger room. alex just fights better.

K3VIL
If it was a better character battle my vote goes to Havoc, in combat terms you say all that can say, but honestly Alex powers are more cool and are above that of Cyke, that must wears glassess or visors.

radioboy121
If Cyclops has to be careful of his surroundings (i.e. civilians around), then his dependency of his visor would be a disadvantage.

Still, I'm leaning towards Cyclops as he can be more precise with his power and has a little more discipline. Havok has shown to have less sense on occasion (he blasted a mayonaise jar just to try and open it).

image3320
Well not that I am an expert, I have only been reading since the brood around uncanny 161. I think the powers are a great factor & Scott's limited ability to see ( no matter how many artists give him cool ergo glasses ) limits his ability to go all out with range of motion or vision. but on a close up 1 on 1 with havoc the area is what i would look for being used against the X-victim. they both have great control. Alex works his cosmic power from all fingers & Scott has a wide range of concussive shots to level a tree or make a mote or just shoot anything that his brother gets antsy about throwing. the up close & personal is leaning toward whoever uses the ground & solid attack skills. like ( make him fall & know him self out ) all direct shots are metabolised & that makes it east to cut loose in a dessert or secluded area. if uninvolved people are around I would assume the control call would be made to the NYPD, not the avengers. I could see them dukeing it out in the mall or in a car garage. money still on Alex........ mad alien

muffin man
HAVOK

Mainstream
This has been done..Scott wins their powers won't work against each other out.

radioboy121
They cannot absorb all the energy, so it does hurt them when they blast at each other (i.e. demonstrated during the encounter with Proteus). Mostly they have resorted to fist fights and blasting the landscape underneath or above them when they fought each other. Cyclops is tough, but Havok has often felt being a shadow to his more accomplished brother and have done some drastic things that would put him as more the aggressive.

Mainstream
Scott would win...I'm pretty sure.

muffin man
so the rest of the x-men would help Havok.

Mainstream
why would they help Alex when Scott is their field leader and dearest friend?

muffin man
HA ha nobody likes cyclops I want to kill that pain in the ass.

Swanky-Tuna
Scott wins via two snakebites and a wegie.

Alpha Centauri
"why would they help Alex when Scott is their field leader and dearest friend?"

True. Even Wolverine has some degree of respect for that idiot. I hate Cyclops, is a needed character however. Typical goodie two shoes leader who only deviates from being good and anal when he's cheating on Jean.

-AC

who?-kid
Cyclops is okay, nothing more. He's the voice of reason and a good leader too.

goku-vs-superma
THEY ARE IMMUNE TO EACHOTHERS POWERS BOZO lol

pr1983
cyclops jeez... i did this already... has martial arts training, havok does not... cyclops beats him...

and they have respect for him for good reason...

manjaro
there is some sort of unwritten creed in the MU that MUTANT siblings are immune to each others powers IDK why that is but thats how it goes. also from what i understand they both get thier powers from another dimension. originally it was solar for cyke and cosmic for havoc, but they both were later retconned to drawing it from an extradimensionary source
siblings who cant hurt each other:
Cyke-Havoc
Banshee-Black Tom
Quicksilver-Wanda

demigawd
It was never retconned to being from an extradimensional source. it works like this:

The battery that generates their power comes from exposure to the sun. So without exposure to the sun for some length of time, they can't use their powers.

The POWER ITSELF comes from an extradimensional source. So they can't access that extradimensional source to process the solar energy without having the solar energy to power their "battery".

Make sense?

pr1983
yes... but cyclops still wins big grin

hobbitx
Have u seen Scott vs Wolvie battles. Wolvie doesnt win inspite of his popularity. So Havoc who?

muffin man
respect ha.
how are they supposed to respect him, when he doesn't respect them.

Sentinel Boy
I'd say that Scott would win. He's a better fighter, and he's really good with his powers. He blast the ground in front of Havok or something to blur his vision, then he'd judoHavok's arse...

muffin man
wait they can use there powers creatively so its first one to knock something heavy on their brother and I do believe Havok is faster than cyclops.
I might be wrong though.

pr1983
cyclops respects every opponent he faces... he'd beat alex due to his combat training...

logan respects him for good reason...

DarkCrawler
Quicksilver and Wanda can hurt eachother.

paeng
Even if their power has no effect on each other I still say's Cyclops could beat Havok wanna know why he practices all the time in the danger room and he's a better fighter than Havok, Besides they fight many times before and Cyclops always wins.

jesserw21
well didn't havok get trained by wolvie in hah to hand?

wolverine8888
yes he was

superman302
since their powers dont work on each other it will come down to a fist fight and cyclops will win it.

brainchild81
Cyclops wins

Metalmanx
Cyclops wins with ease.

But another question that I thought of from reading earlier posts.

I know that siblings can't hurt each other, but how exactly is Scarlet Witch immune to Quicksilver's attack? All he needs to do is run fast and punch her. What? He can't run fast when he's near her or something? I think that this pair might just be the only the exception to this rule.

Warmonger
I don't know Havok's powers are based on Plasma conduction. Couldn't he super heat the air around them both so that Scott passes out due to suffocation or irradiate him like he did to a version of sabertooth like he did when he was world hopping?

peejayd
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Cyclops wins with ease.

I know that siblings can't hurt each other, but how exactly is Scarlet Witch immune to Quicksilver's attack? All he needs to do is run fast and punch her. What? He can't run fast when he's near her or something? I think that this pair might just be the only the exception to this rule.

* yes, that's a big question... and also, i think IMO, Quicksilver is also NOT immuned to Scarlet Witch's powers, because her hexing powers can nullify some...things... <well, not so sure about that> what triggers my hunch is, that when all the Avengers went to absorb Onslaught, but Mr. Fantastic shuns all mutants... they let Scarlet Witch pass thru, however claiming that her mutant essence will be blocked by her hexing powers...

* re: topic... agreed, Cyke wins... wink

wannabe
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Cyclops wins with ease.

I know that siblings can't hurt each other, but how exactly is Scarlet Witch immune to Quicksilver's attack? All he needs to do is run fast and punch her. What? He can't run fast when he's near her or something? I think that this pair might just be the only the exception to this rule. Since when are siblings immune to each anothers powers in general???
Wanda and Quicksilver are an exeption to what rule???

Are Aurora and Northstar immune to each others power? NO!!!

Are Cannonball, Husk, Icarus, Aero, Elizabeth and Jebediah immune to each others power? NO!!!

Are Nightcrawler, Abyss and Kiwi immune to each others power? NO!!!

Are Colossus, Mikahil and Magic immune to each others power? NO!!!

Are Cable, X-Man and Marvel Girl immune to each others power? NO!!!

Are Prof. X and Cassandra Nova immune to each others power? NO!!!

Are Psylocke and Cap B. immune to each others power? NO!!!

Are M and Emplate immune to each others power? NO!!!

There is no such rule as 'siblings are always immune to each others power'!
It can simply happen sometimes, just like in the case of the Summers brothers or the Fenris siblings, that's all.

re: topic... Cyce is a better h2h fighter and tactician, so he will most certainly win.

peejayd
* maybe, the immunity is only limited to a power with "blasts"? i've seen Quicksilver blocked Scarlet Witch's hex powers in the Bloodties issue... wink

He-guy88
i say havoc he has more resion to win he wants people to see that hes better so he'll use a full blast of his plasma and over come cyks optic blast

Black Adam
Originally posted by He-guy88
i say havoc he has more resion to win he wants people to see that hes better so he'll use a full blast of his plasma and over come cyks optic blast

their immune to each others powers.

Cyce is the better fighter and smarter tactition

He-guy88
Originally posted by Black Adam

all well then i still say havok he still has more reasions to win

TheKahn
Originally posted by Black Adam

yes

Hell, Cyke could win blindfolded http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/fight6.html

Metalmanx
Scott easily kicks Alex's ass any day of the week. Twice on Tuesday.

He-guy88
ill agree it hes good but still that dont mean he'll win lots of blind people can fight but their is always someone who can take them and i say havok wont let him self lose to cyk he'll push him self till it kills him
like kyle did in that elsewere comic were he had no powers he was dieing with no powers but still took sound wave down before he die'ed

superman41082
Don't they just feed eachother power? If Havoc or Cyclops are exposed to eachother's energy, they augment??

The Fake Macoy
This fight comes down to H2H, in which Scott is way better than Alex. He wins this one almost every time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.