Should Grievous be Force Sensitive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Nefarus
I didn't find this thread and I searched so don't get mad if it's been made.

If Grievous is force-sensitive, cool, great, wonderful. If he isn't, that basically says that you could program a robot to be as fast as someone with the force, which would dissapoint me. However, it would also make Vader much more intimidating being as how he could use the force and his cybernetic body to possibly move faster and/or become stronger.

Cipher
Nah, then they'd have too many Force-users in the film.....

Jedi Priestess
Nope and personally I be damn happy if he had never even been created as I think he's mainly for the fanboys.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, like I said earlier, if he's a robot with super programming, it does make the Jedi look less badass.
JP, correct me if I'm wrong buy, isn't the entire point of the PT to pleae the fans?

Cipher
If the PT is for pleasing fans, it has mostly failed......

Darth_Nefarus
Wait until Episdoe 3....
I know I'll be pleased when Vader invades the temple.

Cipher
I've mostly liked these films, but a lot of the fanbase hasn't......

Ep. 3 better be incredible or Lucas wasted a lot of time. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like we're going to see Vader do much of anything (in armor, at least).

PVS
we already discussed this...

my view is that it takes a force user to fight a force user one on one,
ASPECIALLY in the case of a lightsaber duel.

NoFate007
I think he definitely should be. Otherwise, it makes no sense. If they had the technology to make a droid THAT great with a lightsaber, wouldn't they upgrade the battle droids and completely decimate the Jedi? And if you look at it that way, then the clones are worthless in comparison, and THEN Palpatine must've been an idiot for picking Storm troopers over droids that can be repaired and mass produced and give a licking to the Jedi WITHOUT HAVING TO OVERWHELM THEM WITH NUMBERS. Think about how easily one Jedi vs one Clone would be for the Jedi...now think about how Grievous is supposed to be a badass Jedi killer...If Grievous isn't a Force user, Palpatine is an idiot and Lucas has created an INSANE and huge plot error.

PVS
great point nofate

if GG isnt force capable, then why arent the stormtroopers cyborgs?
it would only make sense right? so what is so special about GG? i think
he uses the force.

before anyone argues this by saying "only two there are" keep in mind that grievous doesnt have to be a sith. just because one can use the force and is evil, it does not make them a sith by default.

Anakin2Vader
i agree... he needs to be able to use the force

Ushgarak
GG happens to be unique. For whatever reason. Simple as that.

I have no objection to a one-off very rare (and presumably hideously hard to create) cyborg being able to take on Jedi- they need a better variety of avilable threats, after all.

Saying just because GG exists and can fight Jedi then ALL droids should be able to fight Jedi is ludicrous. People are just getting too offended that Jedi are being given decent opposition.

Delfedd
perhaps cost is why. They spend a lot of money....
they technicaly don't have infinite expensise. remember there trying to build the DS

PVS
but your second point shoots down your first point.
its obvious that the empire has unlimited resources and man/alien power
to build whatever they please, thus the deathstar...and oh no, the rebels destroyed it in ep4...guess they'll jusy have to build another one.

and ush, the problem is that jedi can see things before they happen. i can live with an army of clones and droids taking them down simply by outnumbering them. after all, a jedi cant block 100 blaster shots at once.

but grievous is one enemy. he should not be so successful at slaughtering jedi...but then again he has his henchmen...but it still would suck if he was not force sensative imho.

jedijunky1138
Grievous is part cybernetics, I believe this makes him faster than the average Jedi. I don't think he is force sensitive but I do think he is fast. Being fast with four light sabers is a pretty goo tool for killing Jedi.

§pearhead
He's not force sensitive, as already stated. Personally, I like this, because as someone said earlier, it makes the Jedi look less potent to be defeated by a non-force using...robot, for lack of a better term.

Delfedd
heres one... cyborg

darktim1
General Grievious moves to fast so I don't think the force would effect him.

Darth Subjekt
ok...you all can try to tear me a new ass for this but oh well....EVERYTHING has the force. Its in all living things, non living this, i.e. "the rock" that Yoda spoke of to Luke. GG is part humanoid, therefore has a certain level of force sensativity. And the fact he was trained by Dooku would explain how he knows about the Jedi arts. And ya know, some beings adont really need to be force sensative to have quick reflexes. Sebulba and every other creature in the pod race did it with ease, and none were none to be jedi or sith. But anakin had to be strong with the force to do it. So the part of GG thats alive, may not be human, and just naturally have super reaction time to counter the jedi's moves. But since everything has the force, he may just be able to tap into it more since he was trained by Dooku...he may have sown him some secrets about that.

GCG
So greivous is force sensitive ; but can he use the force is the question we all want an answer to. I had already asked this question in this thread :

Thread

Darth Subjekt
too small....couldnt read it. although i just looked at the pic...not the thread....oh well. i think he can use it a little.

bilbofett
From the GG Databank on the OS:

Grievous hunted Jedi for sport and proudly displayed his victims' lightsabers around his belt as trophies of his conquests. His unorthodox fighting form and mechanical enhancements gave him an edge in close-quarters combat, and his strategic ingenuity and flawless cunning rendered him almost invincible against the Jedi.

Makes no mention of his using the force, only that his inherent skills make him deadly to the Jedi. END OF STORY

Jedi Priestess
And I do believe it was repported in one of Pablos chats that he is NOT force sensitive.

GCG
Somewhere here : another General Greivous Thread

^ some interesting stuff in that thread !

truly amazing this search option wink

GCG
if you read 'mephistdesigns's' post on page 5, it says

sith knight

Milosz006
It's pretty obvious GG cannot use the force otherwise we'd know. He may have some small amount of force-sensitivity or some ability to counter Jedi abilities (mind trick, jedi enhanced reflexes).

Ushgarak
Yes, GG is not force sensitive in any significant way- that the Force resides in all living things is irrelevant.

And the Jedi being able to see things before they happen is also not invulnerability- it gives them quick reflexes. Well, clearly GG has quick reflexes too!

Just what is this mental block? Jango can give a Jedi a good fight. GG is better than Jango- it is, after all, within the purview of the films to show us the extremes, and GG is very extreme. Why get so wound up about it?

These are Jedi Knights- note Knights, the name deliberately taken from sources like Arhturian fiction. And they go on quests and meet and fight mighty enemies and some of those enemies are damn dangerous! Well, here is one!

PVS
well who says the force wasnt strong with jango stick out tongue

just kidding

yeah, thats a good point, jango did put up a good fight

.:Space Opera:.
an aussie jedi? wtf!?!

jus kidding stick out tongue

cylob49
talking of "sensitive" do you reckon Yoda sheds a tear upon surveying the destruction of the jedi temple.......

chilled monkey
1) Firstly, even if GG doesn't have telekinesis, mind tricks etc, he DOES have the Force because he is part organic. All living things have the Force to an extent.

2) Consider his height and striking range.

3) He has a cybernetic body that does not tire, has vast strength and incredible reflexes.

4) He was trained by Dooku.

5) He is highly intelligent and a master strategist.

look at it like this: vader was the most powerful force user in the universe, and he was half mechanical....he was even made in the same factory that grevious was made in. so if vader can be powerful, then shouldnt grevious be able to be even though he's an alien. because we obviously know that aliens can be jedi as well, but thats not the point:

both mechanical
both have the copacity to be force sensitive.

Delfedd
its capacity, but thanks. the point with the stormtroopers was that they had so many, and the death star was there big project, so they couldn't waste money making them all cybernetic jedi clones.

Darth_Nefarus
I agree with Grievous being created as a prototype Vader. Sidious knew that Grievous would eventually be destroyed by Kenobi, who would also wound Anakin, transforming him into Mechanical Vader.
Besides, if he was just a robot, then there would have been a lot more produced and he most likely would not have independent thoughts like I believe he will.

Ushgarak
No!

The Force resides in all living things. That is NOT the same thing as 'having' the Force, which is an allusion to being able to use its power. By absolutley not means do all organics have that, and nor does GG.

"By absolutley not means do all organics have that, and nor does GG."

has that even been confirmed? the force is in everything but it takes training to be able to CONTROL it.

bilbofett
perhaps not confirmed , per se, but that is definitely implied and I think the best theory on the force

Darth_Nefarus
I suppose if a non-force user was trained by a force user (this is possibly Dooku and Grievous' relathionship) that the non-force user would become incredibly fast very quickly, not to mention his super prgramming and whatnot.
I guess if he isn't force sensitive, and still a bad ass robot, Vader would be much more appealing to me.

Cipher
Only a very few have the ability to use the Force- its always been that way and Lucas reinforced the idea in Ep. 1.

Grievous with his highly specialized mechanical body would be a formidable challenge for any Force user. Is it farfetched to think that he might have designed his body especially for combat?

Ushgarak
We can be certain that the ability to control the Force is a talent by birth, for whatever reason. The average person cannot use it regardless of training.

learning to tame your natural talent is a strength i believe....

Darth_Decimator
has it been officially confirmed either way yet ?? i dont think he should

PENGUINER
Given that GG has lightsabres, why can't the Clone Troopers have lightsabres? Or even a staff that can deflect lightsabres like GG's henchmen? That I think is a big mistake. Uhhh.. let's see, Jedi's are deflecting our bolts right back at us...LETS KEEP SHOOTING!

IMHO GG should be force sensitive because he can see the future and anticipate an enemie's move and parry it. Anticipating a move, Quigon said, was a Jedi trait.

Jedi Priestess
Well hell lets just give EVRYBODY a lightsaber shall we? If they did that there would be no mistique left to the Jedi if everyone had a saber and force powers. messed

Ushgarak
Yes, GG would need specific and intense training in Lightsabres and at the end of the day, what for? PURELY to fight Jedi with. Why bother doing that with Clone Troopers, who almost certainly don't have the skill to teach it well and can defeat Jedi via massed numbers anyway.

PENGUINER
Ok, if not lightsabres, how about those sticks at least so they don't get chopped off or decapitated?

Mist
the clones were given guns to shoot droids, not jedi. they cant suddenly gain weapons to counter jedi with. their whole purpose was to fight the droid army. then, they were turned against the jedi. end of story.

PENGUINER
^^^ You have a point. Palpatine didn't care anyways.

Darth_Nefarus
Lightsabres require a certain degree of control, that the force amplifies greatly, and I don't think Jango Fett had the force; so neither would his clones. Therefore, they wouldn't be able to wield a lightsabre effectively enough, and they would get f*cked up.

NoFate007
So if it essentially requires Force abilities to wield a lightsaber effectively, I think we have the answer to whether or not Grievous should be Force sensitive.

Ushgarak
No, it doesn't require the Force, but it does require to be more than human to use it at the Jedi level. GG is that.

GG is not force sensitive; end of story.

Mist
hes a droid, he can be programmed to fight. i agree with ush, hes not force sensitive, otherwise he could have blocked obiwans blaster shot.

NoFate007
What I'm saying though...
"He could've blocked Obi-Wan's blaster shot if he was Force sensitive"...but then if you say that, then none of the Jedi would have died at the battle of Geonosis, cause they could have blocked the blaster shots from the droids. Jedi can lose to droids and stuff like that. Obi-Wan may put the gun right in his stomach and shoot, then he couldn't have blocked that, right? To wield a lightsaber successfully against so many Jedi, I think he'd need more than luck and knowing lightsaber moves. If Jedi can predict maneuvers, and he can just block because of training and luck, he wouldn't be able to defend himself against Force attacks and would be weaker than hell in a fight.

Mist
the jedi couldnt have blocked so many shots, greivous is shot at by obiwan once as far as we know. geonosis was filled with droids, if a jedi was surrounded and getting shot at from all angles, they would die.

Mist
by the way, im getting confused. are you trying to say that greivous DOES have the force nofate?

NoFate007
I think in my mind, its illogical for Grievous to be considered such a constant threat if he doesn't have Force powers. I hope he does, and I think he does, even if we don't necessarily see him do any Force attacks.

Mist
hes a threat cause he hunts and kills jedi.

NoFate007
...Yeah...We know that, lol. We're talking about his ability to hunt and kill Jedi.

ctsketch
it was stated that GG was trained by Count Dooku in the art of the Lightsaber, call him, Dooku's apprentice if u will

ctsketch
pfft no one complained either when Jango shot up that jedi with the long head int he balcony during the battle of Geonosis, Jedi are defeatable in single combat, it just requires skill, such as jangos accuracy

Mist
it also depends on the individual jedi's ability.

Darth_Nefarus
Individual ability of Grievous would be high, after all he is a super computer/humanoid taught by Count Dooku, a master of the force for over 80 years. Combined with all of his tactical programming and cybord speed (it's a BS term I know) I suppose he could tear the Jedi to pieces.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.