Controling the clones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Delfedd
Ok, i searched 4 this and it wasn't there
How did palps turn the troopers? Politics? (i hope not), Mind control? telling them the jedi wher out tokiill them?

Grievous_90210
there was some sort of genetic code added where they have to obey palps and yes this thread has been discussed just with different names now close this thread

bilbofett
its called order 66...look it up

eleveninches
THey are the army of the republic, and totally loyal to the republic (as mentioned in ep 2). Palpy was the leader of the republic, so the clones are totally loyal to him

Delfedd
Eleven inches doesn't quite make sense. I mean, they where told to turn on there comanders...

.:Space Opera:.
its just the genetic code

its just the genetic code, palpy convinces the republic that the jedi's have betrayed them and need to be tossed, so he orders the clones to destroy them, what he accuses them of im totally not sure of.

bilbofett
one more time for the cheap seats...

ORDER 66

search TFN & you'll find it

Sadako of Girth
I bet that the Lever (with green background) shot they released had some significance to this question... The caption with it mentioned something about it having some significance... Can someone post that BFTH as I don't have it anymore? Im sure it has some relevance to this subject, IF of course the matter is that simple as pulling on a device such as that.... smile

"one more time for the cheap seats...

ORDER 66

search TFN & you'll find it"

ummmm....already new that thanks, as to why he is justified in making order 66 (which sounds a little cheasy to me) is the question, like how he convinces the senate that the jedi are bad.

bilbofett
You never stated that Space...how am I supposed to respond to question I do not know exists? lol

He simply 'does it'. By this time he IS the Emporer, he knows the code as he oversaw the creation of the clones and he has Anakin to get his back if anyone objects.

As far as how he gets Ani & the Senate to believe the Jedi are corrupt, all of them (esp Ani) already wanted to believe that the fault lay with someone other than themselves for the sorry state of the galaxy. He simply 'tweaks' the truth...'All of this happened on THEIR watch, therefore it MUST be THEIR fault'... Not so hard to do. Our govt does it daily....lol

"By this time he IS the Emporer, he knows the code as he oversaw the creation of the clones and he has Anakin to get his back if anyone objects."

-remember, its a republic. hes probably by the third movie a very strong political figure and has strong connections, but probably isnt the emperor

Cowboyography
Also how is this order issued to all the entire clone army, which will be scattered at that point from the sounds of it, on multiple planets? Perhaps a built in microphone in the clone trooper helmet!!! sick

yeha that would make sense wink

bilbofett
Best guess? Microchip

Hang on, just found this from JG at TFN:

***Order 66 is the directive Palpatine gives to wipe out the Jedi. The Clones turn at this point.

I would think dissemination of information thru the ranks, like most armies....

SomeGuy57
Its was easy for Palps to convince the people and it would be easy for anyone else of high power to do something like that. Like Hitler, he made up all this crap about the Jews and convinced people. Just like Palpls did.

Cheesiness
More on order 66...

http://www.technology.virginia.gov/SecInfo/EOs/eo00_66.cfm

Cowboyography
but if thats the way it goes down, who does Palps give the order to? from the sounds of it the Jedi are dispursed with the Clones, now for an order to get to the Clones it would have to pass through the Jedi, i would think. So palps must devise a way to get the order through to the Troopers without the Jedi getting wind of it.

Delfedd
good point

jango fatt
There also are human officers, who are no jedi nor clone.Some kind of imp. officers.(EU stuff).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.