the rule of 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grievous_90210
how come in almost all the star wars games they dont follow the rule of 2 what hell is wrong with these people if they know anything of star wars there should only be two sith but in games like kotor jedi knight games and etc ther are always like 70 times 2

do u think this is good or bad

5knuckleShuffle
it eu buddy not like the films

Grievous_90210
so in the books there is always 2 sith

Koto K
I think it's fair to say there are different interpretations of the Rule of only 2 sith at a given time. Interpretations between writers, but also intepretations of the rule between characters in the stories/games/etc. For instance- while most feel that the rule of two essentially states- Only 2 Sith can EXIST at one time- a master and apprentice. Another interpretation however could be that- There can only be two sith in any Master/Disciple pairing. One Master, One student. Whereas Jedi Knights/Masters can have multiple padawan learners at a single time, Sith masters can only ever have one.

Personally, I'm more for the second intepretation- Simply because if you look at it in the perspective of the movies- Darth Sideous had Darth Maul as his apprentice in Phantom, yet Darth Tyranus was his disciple in Clones, yet Tyranus was a master in his own right by that point. And clearly, Tyranus being older than Maul, one might assume that Dooku recieved his training prior to Maul, and was already classified as a Sith Lord Master by the time of Attack of the Clones. (though he still considers Sideous his MASTER, which is not unusual since even a Jedi Master like Windu considered Yoda his master). I think Dooku's power at that point illustrates that point. He's nearly equal to Yoda in power and lightsaber handling, while Maul was cut down by a Padawan.

Anyway, that's my thought. Feel free to disagree at your leisure.

Jaster Mereel
I'd rather have the rule followed, but people do like to act as Dark jedi so I could care less, as long as people dont pitch a fit.

Ushgarak
Err, no the rule is NOT open to interpretation. GL has stated it precisely- one Master, one Apprentice, no more in the GalaXy, EVER. Koto's mistake is in thinking 'Apprentice' means someone who is not actually much good yet; this is wrong, the Apprentice is simply not the Master- and Dooku has much he can learn from Sidious. Being an Apprentice makes no presumption on how advanced you are, except that it is less than the Master.

Any EU that has multiple Sith around the time of the films is simply in error.

However, EU from way in the past, like KOTOR, has no issue, because the 'only 2' rule is something that developed over time.

Morridini
That's because the rule of 2 was made after the events of KOTOR.

Delfedd
1000 years before the battle of Yavin in fact. Just after all the other sith where wiped out in the battle of russan with the thought bomb.
Darth bane was the only sith to survive.
He found a force sensitive child among the dead, took her and instated the "rule of two, so that the jedi wouldn't know the sith where still around. That is why they are so shocked that it may have been a sith in TPM

Ushgarak
I'm really not certain about that EU theory- which does not totally match up with what GL says- because if that were so, who heard of what Bane did for Yoda to know it in TPM?

No, I think the rule of two clearly came into being BEFORE the end of the Sith wars.

Delfedd
Nope. according to the EU, which form this is, what i just said is what happened.

Ushgarak
If EU contradicts GL, GL wins. Sorry, but Bane doing it right at the end and in secret does not track. We know- as an undeniable fact- that it is at least recorded by the Jedi that the Sith adopted the rule of 2, so they must have done it at some point at which the Jedi knew they still existed!

Delfedd
that is true. perhaps... i dunno its just a jedi rule?

Darth_Nefarus
Perhaps the Jedi destroyes Bane and his apprentice, but the darkside kept one of them alive long enough to keep the teachings going.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.