Taskmaster vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr_Famous
Batman without prep time, comes up against Taskmaster for the first time, Taskmaster also without having observed Bats fighting moves

Nataku8188
Taskmaster. He'll pick up everything Batman has as the fight goes on, not only that, but his energy thingy can pretty much give him whatever he needs. It's like a batbelt of energiness.

jinzin
I agree that taskmaster SHOULD win nd that he probably would, but in the comic world you don't **** with batman.

Mr_Famous
Deadpool beat Taskmaster once (when he didnt have the healing factor) by being unpredictable, maybe Bats could do the same??

srankmissingnin
That was CIS on Taskmasters part... but you can't win them all I guess, besides he is pretty much a good guy now. Taskmaster in is 4 issue mini would take Batman apart so fast it would be embarrassing.

norrin radd
taskmaster, but hey everything its possible

Nathaniel Grey
Taskmaster would take this as long as he keeps the situation in a hand to hand contest. Not only would he be able to use Batman's abilties against him but there's Wolverine, Captain America, Daredevil, Batroc, Spider-Man, Black Panther and Deadpool's abilities to name a few.

Nataku8188
Plus all the movies hes watched in fast forward, he could double his speed and hammer batman into nothing.

lifeisaglich
but batman can change his fighting style to suit what ever situation he is in. And there are whole lot of different combination.

Don't shot the messagner big grin if you do a course on you ahh just kidding.

Mr_Famous
Dats right- Batman knows a lot of marital arts and wud change his fighting style to maximum effect

Nataku8188
You talk as if he has some fighting style taskmaster hasnt seen, or wont pick up in seconds. Batman is a man of logic, and the only way for you to beat Taskmaster is with randomness or sheer power. Neither of which is something batman weilds.

Mainstream
Batman. I think the Taskmaster is somewhat cowardly.

srankmissingnin
Yes, because only a coward would take on the Avengers solo...

Mainstream
When did this happen Srankmissingnin?

srankmissingnin
Avengers v1 196, v3 26... there might be more thats what I can fight right now.

lifeisaglich
And you just helped batman to win this fight out even knowing it. GoOD JOB. wink

Nathaniel Grey
It doesn't matter how random your fighting style is...Taskmaster picks up on it within seconds of the person performing those moves. Batman in a hand to hand fight has no real way of defeating someone who's got photographic reflexes. As quick and as strong as Batman pushes himself to be -- Taskmaster will match him on those levels. Sheer power? Batman is only but so strong. His amount of training in hand to hand combat skill as admirable as it is...is no where on the same level as a man who can virtually mimick those of his to a T. As well as REMEMBER all the skills of the greatest fighters in the world. Batman would be taking on Spiderman, Elektra, Daredevil, Captain America, Wolverine, Deadpool...and himself. He can't match that.

who?-kid
Yeah, he's a great fighter, but imo, not extremely smart. He's a one trick pony I think. The first fight he will probably win. The second fight (and the others) Batman will win. I think.

Nathaniel Grey
This is true. Batman does have greater intelligence and cunning on his side. And in a fight like this the smartest and most cunning fighter always wins. Batman's ingenuity would most likely result in his victory. And Batman has rarely relied on merely his fighting prowess to defeat his foes. He's not the greatest martial artist out there...there's always someone better. But he's extremely adequate and knows his stuff.

srankmissingnin
Batman's best chance of winning would be in his first fight with with Taskmaster, after Taskmaster has seen Batman fight the chances he even gets into his belt after the fight starts are slim.

lifeisaglich
Once the batman beat an opponent like the task master it becomes relatively easy for batman to beat him the second time.

As it has been prov-en time and time again. OK maybe you did not mean to say what you said.

Take Zeiss for instance he has enhanced reflexes and strength. but not of his this can compare to Taskmaster. But I can tell you that Zeiss reflexies is faster than Taskmaster. He has this ability to see the world in slow motion. Let me put in to prospective when Flash moves he is the fastest man alive, but for Zeiss he would see Flash as if he was walking (very slowly). This is the kind of thing that allows him to counter your every move. And the batman took care of him.

Havoc470
whats with all this second battle bull?

its one fight, the topic isnt named "taskmaster versus batman, two rounds"

taskmaster takes this one imo, one trick pony, but his trick being one that can mimic others tricks.....the possibilities of that one trick are infinite

shikamaru would be a good example, i dont think much of you know who that is though

srankmissingnin
... lifeisaglich you're talking about perception, not reflexes. Noway in hell is the Flash, a guy who moves many magnitudes above the speed of light, moving in slow motion in Zeiss' perspective. Also just because you can see an attack coming doesn't mean shit unless you're fast enough to do something about it (I can make Naruto references too!).

Havoc470
lol, your icon gave me the idea

taskmaster wins this imo

lifeisaglich
The Zeiss reference was made to answer srankmissingnin earlier post which said that batman would only have a chance of winning during their first encounter.

And srankmissingnin flash is the most fastest man alive he moves really really fast but Zeiss even though he can not move as fast as the flash, he can see the world in slow motion. He sees you in slow motion, sees everything in slow motion thus giving him the gift of coming up with a counter if he sees you coming. Think of them as polar opposite.

Yeah... you are right and deadpool got the best of him by dancing the mac-arena and being unpredictable. And he only needed just one trick too.smile

Hmm.. But didn't this fight start with Taskmaster beating the living day lights out of deadpool in front of his students. Or is my memory failing me? smile

ScarletSpider
Yeah, it was also the worst depiction of Taskmaster I've ever seen. Kelly did a crap job with him and it seems like he didn't even check any of his appearances. He gave TM the old campy arrogant Dr. Doomian speech patterns, whereas he's always been depicted as a thug from the Bronx.

Though Kelly did have some interesting ideas for TM that were never used as he messed his characterization up so badly the first time around he was percieved as little more than a joke until others came along and fixed him. Kelly was going to have him watch tapes of great diplomats, chess players, philosophers, speakers. strategists etc.. TM would then be able to mimic this, realize and surpass his limitations and create a "paradox". What this exactly means is lost somewhere in the void that is rough script drafts and desk notes as Kelly never further explained.

As far as toys go, Taskmaster has his hard energy creator, good for making energy shields (Captain America), claws (Wolverine) and webbing (Spider-Man). Probably able to do much more, we just haven't seen it yet. He carries a katana having observed some of the best oriental swordsmen in the world (Silver Samurai amongst them) and dual pistols, probably 9mm or .45's (as Punisher uses these, and he has copied Punisher various times in the past). With the breadth of people he's observed, he could easily string together an adhoc weapon, or pick a random weapon up and use it to near full versatility.

The creme de la creme however, is his image inducer. TM is a lot smarter than some have given him credit for. Though a Bronx thug at heart, he has certainly transcended his initial position, check out his mini-series if you disbelieve me. Depending on where the fight takes place, TM could get lost in a crowd, and come up behind Batman as a totally different looking, sounding and acting person.

lifeisaglich
Hmm..... Interesting

And ask for your last paragraph If Batman can find Martian Manhunter when he has morphed into his human forms, how do you figure that Taskmaster is going to change into someone different and batman is not going to be able to find him.

But is would make for a good story line.

srankmissingnin
Doesn't Zeiss work like a computer? He can record things then play them back later, in slow motion and things of the sort. Also the slow-motion thing is all relative; for instance to Quicksilver all the people around him are moving in slow-motion... now tell me, do you think he'd see the Flash in slow-motion as well?

lifeisaglich
Record ? the first thing that came to me when you wrote this word was you have confused Prometheus with Zeiss. Prometheus is the one who downloads or record (if you will) other people's talent.

Were as Zeiss has a specialized goggles that allow him to see the world in slow motion.

If Zeiss does not see flash then there is a good chance that flash is going to get the drop on him but If Zeiss sees him coming he would be able to get out of the way. Granted if it takes Zeiss 1 minute to analyse his opponents move before the initial blow connects then it would probably take 60 secs for Zeiss to properly prepare him self against some like the flash.
For Quicksilver all the people are moving in slow motion because he is moving really fast. even when he is not running.

theflyxx
Let's see. Taskmaster has the fighting styles from the following that he has encountered:

Ant-Man II
Black Widow II
Black Panther
Captain America
Daredevil
Deadpool
Elektra
Falcon
Hawkeye
Iron Fist
Punisher
Silverclaw
Spider-man
Tigra
USAgent
Warbird
Wolverine
Zaran

Taskmaster takes this one easily. He wouldn't even need to immitate Batman's fighting style.

lifeisaglich
Zeiss sees the world in slow motion laughing

leonidas
he's got the fighting skills of cap and DD, the throwing skills of bullseye and a host of other talents. can bats find a way to take him down one on one? about the only thing bats has as an advantage is his smarts. is it enough?

ebonyblade1
Batman could win if he was allowed to cheat, but in a straight up match in a ring he would lose, taskmaster would simply start copying his moves.

leonidas
that's what i thought too, but it seems taskmaster always finds a way to lose! not sure why because he seems like he should be a tough sob. bad writing maybe?

Scoobless
he lost because he was the "bad guy".... he embarrassed Iron Man in his own limited series

if they extend his series (and they should) then you'll see him win a lot more

Nataku8188
Originally posted by leonidas
that's what i thought too, but it seems taskmaster always finds a way to lose! not sure why because he seems like he should be a tough sob. bad writing maybe?

Taskmaster loses against all of the Avengers and in DD when he gets overconfident. He lost to DP, cause well, DP is an idiot.

Kento
Taskmaster would beat Batman...unless is was in a comic cause he'd have to loose being the villain.

Nataku8188
Batman has beaten Prometheus, who does almost the same exact thing as Taskmaster.

jinzin
yeah but taskmaster on a few occasions as given full teams like the avengers a good run for their money. Like it was said before if bats cheats he'll win, in a straight up brawl, unless he knocks out tm with one hit, he'll lose.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by jinzin
yeah but taskmaster on a few occasions as given full teams like the avengers a good run for their money. Like it was said before if bats cheats he'll win, in a straight up brawl, unless he knocks out tm with one hit, he'll lose.

He doesn't give the Avengers a run for their money. He keeps pace with them and gives guys like hawkeye a run for their money, but when you get Ironman and such in there, he takes off. He chumped Ironman in his LS cause he knew he couldn't take him, so he took off. TM won't know all the fighting styles bats has, and it takes him a short time to master a style, so if Bats continually shifts his style, TM won't be able to figure out what his next moves will be.

jinzin
dude when he's able to put up a good bout with the likes of captain america, hawkeye, captain marvel, i'd say that's very impressive.

Nataku8188
When C.A., hawkeye and C.M. all use their own fusion styles, I'd say its pretty easy. TM just masters their fighting style. C.A. knows lots of ways to fight, but he uses his own shield-based style for the most part, which is how TM knows how to fight him.

Bats is much smarter than C.A., and when TM blabs about his power, he will definitly start to mix it up.

long pig
Taskmaster only gets beaten because he has no goal....nothing drives him...he has nothing to fight for (maybe if his sister got into trouble)
But , if he had more drive, he would be a force to fear.

You gotta remember tho, TM can go 2x normal human speed, BUT, when he does this he tires 2x as fast sad and has to worry about breaking his bones.
But i'd give this to TM if TM had a real reason to fight.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by long pig
Taskmaster only gets beaten because he has no goal....nothing drives him...he has nothing to fight for (maybe if his sister got into trouble)
But , if he had more drive, he would be a force to fear.

You gotta remember tho, TM can go 2x normal human speed, BUT, when he does this he tires 2x as fast sad and has to worry about breaking his bones.
But i'd give this to TM if TM had a real reason to fight.

You really don't know much about TM.

I happen to have every comic with a TM appearance.

TM loses because the rest of the Avengers show up, and because DD tricks him.

Now, as for the 2x, thats only if he watches it in 2x speed. He watches video in fast forward on the tv, he goes that fast when he does it. Simple. He could replicate the flash, if only for a second or two.

long pig
How does anything you just said make it look like I dont know much about TM?
You didn't have or prove a point what-so-ever.

The 2x thing I said was correct....I never mentioned how he could do it, I mentioned that he COULD do it...and when he does, he tires and has to worry about breaking his bones.

Replicating the Flash? no, he couldnt go at light speed if thats what you meant...he could fight LIKE the flash i.e punching and kicking. But who cant?

Nataku8188
How does anything you just said make it look like I dont know much about TM?
You didn't have or prove a point what-so-ever.

The 2x thing I said was correct....I never mentioned how he could do it, I mentioned that he COULD do it...and when he does, he tires and has to worry about breaking his bones.

Replicating the Flash? no, he couldnt go at light speed if thats what you meant...he could fight LIKE the flash i.e punching and kicking. But who cant?

No, see, he can do whatever he sees, exactly as he sees it. Thats how he can only reproduce things at high speeds by seeing them at high speeds.

So, he could replicate the Flash's speed, but his body would just break down in like a second, simply because it can't handle the stress. Hell, he'd probably die before even getting as fast as Flash is, but he'd be on his way.

long pig
"Hell, he'd probably die before even getting as fast as Flash is, but he'd be on his way."

That means he couldn't replicate Flash.

Still, you didnt tell me how I "really dont know much about TM".

Nataku8188
Avengers 196; Taskmaster is doing his thing infront of Ant-man, yellowjacket and The Wasp. The rest of the avengers enter, he flees.

Avengers 223; Taskmaster makes Hawkeye look like a lil' girl, Ant-man shows up and overuns the circus tent with ants and shit. TM ditches.

Daredevil 293; Taskmaster begins to pick up DD's fighting style, and challenge DD to do a move he can't replicate. DD makes him unwittingly jump infront of a cab as it swerves around a corner. Hits TM. TM is out for now.

Daredevil 318; DD tricks TM into jumping up and grabbing some netting shit covered in bugs. He gets tangled up and such.

Deadpool 2; TM loses after taking one of DP's fingers in a fight to the Macarena fighting style pionered here by DP.

"Taskmaster only gets beaten because he has no goal....nothing drives him...he has nothing to fight for (maybe if his sister got into trouble)
But , if he had more drive, he would be a force to fear."

None of those loses seem to have been effected by a lack of a goal.

And he is replicating exactly what the flash is doing at the same speed, he just wouldnt survive the amout of acceleration the flash goes through. He'd die in instants as he began to accelerate.

long pig
I was commenting on the character himself.
Meaning, he could take on powerful foes better than he does now, but doesnt because he lacks drive.

What drive does he have to finish any fight or risk his life? money?

Nataku8188
I was commenting on the character himself.
Meaning, he could take on powerful foes better than he does now, but doesnt because he lacks drive.

What drive does he have to finish any fight or risk his life? money?

There aren't many foes he can take that are much more powerful than the avengers.

He does what he does because he likes the money and the thrill.

long pig
Exaclty, money and thrill arent much of a drive.

Unlike punisher, whos drive is revenge, or batman or all the other great fighters.

If TM had a more personal drive he'd be even MORE formidable.

jinzin
Don't get me wrong nataku, I mean of course taskmaster isn't going to try and stand up to the higher level heroes like thor and iron man who don't even need a fighting style but instead can rely on a combination of super speed, flight, and ranged weaponry. But against the avengers who are more adept to h2h combat (not that thor isn't but he's a BIG gun) taskmaster runs through them. the only reason he trashed IM was because iron man was dumb enough to try a head on confrontation with taskmaster.
Taskmaster can make short work of anyone if he can remain engaged in h2h combat for any halfway decent amount of time, I think batman definitely fits into this category. Of course when bats realizes whats going on and starts chucking knockout gas, and bat grenades i could definitely see taskmaster on the run, in a straight up fight however, batman will lose.

Nataku8188
Batman is much smarter than anyone TM has ever faced. I mean DD punks him everytime they meet, Batman is going to make him look plain ole' stupid. TM ALWAYS tells about his power, so Bats will immediatly realize there is no way he'll win using the same style for a prolonged period. Daredevil showed that TM doesn't pick up a style immediatly, it took TM a little while to get DD's style down, but then he had it pat. Batman can just shift through his styles as he beats on TM, who, while being no slouch at all, is on the tier below bats.

jinzin
I still disagree. I realize that bats has studied different styles, but doesn't it come out of him as an amalgam of the different styles he's learned over the years? I don't doubt that batman will figure taskmaster out, i just think that if captain america and batman are more or less equal, taskmaster at his best should be able to trounce bats.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by jinzin
I still disagree. I realize that bats has studied different styles, but doesn't it come out of him as an amalgam of the different styles he's learned over the years? I don't doubt that batman will figure taskmaster out, i just think that if captain america and batman are more or less equal, taskmaster at his best should be able to trounce bats.

Thats the point, Bats will realize not to keep using that amalgam style, and hell become more specific. So then TM will not know the moves, or he can move in an unpredictable manner. DP figured it out, I'm sure Bats can too.

But yes, I totaly understand what you're saying.

jinzin
cool, well then why don't we just agree to disagree.

Nataku8188
That defeats the purpose of debate.

jinzin
lol. well I obviously don't think batman is gonna win and you obviously don't think taskmaster is gonna win, so where could we possibly go from here. I don't want to get involed in another spiderman vs. trio type thread. lol.

Nataku8188
Well, how does Taskmaster learn every new style Batman goes through, if he only spends enough time doing each to throw out a few moves?

jinzin
lol. please clarify the question, that was slightly confusing.....or maybe it's just late.

MERCILOUS
Seriously, Bats has got 127 styles to go threw, by the time TM figures them out he'll be unconcious wishing he hadn't taken the fight up.

long pig
A well written TM is a tough guy, it'd be neat if Marvel gave him the old Weapon X treatment and laced his bones and gave him a healing factor.

Neat, but annoying.

srankmissingnin
Taskmaster has a healing factor on par with Spiderman IMO. He broke a bunch of bones in Agent X and they are healed the next day.

The only way Batman has a chance at winning the fight is if he is facing the original version of Taskmaster. He wasn't interested in being a supervillian and to be honest he did set him self up for his loses but current Taskmaster is a different best all together. The chances that Taskmaster doesn't already know 90% of the fighting styles Batman knows is slim and Taskmaster would be able to mix up his own fighting style to confuse Batman. Even with out his energy replicator Tasky would feed it to Batman. Be like fighting Batgirl with increased stats, a better move reading ability and better fighting skills.

That bullet time guy that worked for Sunset supposedly had "unsurpassed fighting skill," and after what Tasky did to him, he will be eating out of a tube for the rest of his life. At least after this fight Bruce can keep him company.

K3VIL
Task Master goes against the AVG alone, he didn't beat them, but he wasn't easy to defeat, he's a one man army.Batman is doomed.

Mainstream
Batman would win sooner or later.

srankmissingnin
Hows he going to do that?

Mainstream
hell if I know...he's Batman he usually just finds away...he's like DC Captain America or something.

lifeisaglich
By switching his fighting style batman is going to beat Taskmaster. That is a weakness and batman is going to exploit it.

And by they way where have you seen a batman that has not been able to find a weak spot on anyone?

Let's clear the fog on this 127 fighting style. Ok batman does not know 127 fighting style, batman has mastered 127 fighting style or combat what ever rocks your boat. He is a master in 127 fighting forms who knows he may even know more.

Zahit
Taskmaster would pose a crap-load of problems for Batman.
Batman's one of the best cause he spent his whole life studying
for his life's mission. He knows 127 different techniques,
but they're all being used by one man with his own style.
Taskmaster's different. It would be the combat equivalent of
fighting a schizophrenic. He didn't just "study" every style.
He "becomes" that which he observes. Batman would feel like
he's fighting a "combat split-personility."
Obviously Batman is smarter than crap and will figure out the he
can't just take Taskmaster on H-2-H combat alone.
Batman CAN win with his other equipment and smarts eventually,
but only after his ass gets handed to him by Taskmaster.

Is Taskmaster currently appearing anywhere?
I always thought he was one of the coolest characters ever.
He should be written properly and be almost unbeatable.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Taskmaster has a healing factor on par with Spiderman IMO. He broke a bunch of bones in Agent X and they are healed the next day.

Uhhh... no? When he gets the absoloute shit kicked out of him in the carnival fight, the next issue he is still wearing a cast. That doesn't even specify how much time has passed, Agent X is already on a new job and Inez has already healed from her wounds.

"The only way Batman has a chance at winning the fight is if he is facing the original version of Taskmaster. He wasn't interested in being a supervillian and to be honest he did set him self up for his loses but current Taskmaster is a different best all together. The chances that Taskmaster doesn't already know 90% of the fighting styles Batman knows is slim and Taskmaster would be able to mix up his own fighting style to confuse Batman. Even with out his energy replicator Tasky would feed it to Batman. Be like fighting Batgirl with increased stats, a better move reading ability and better fighting skills."

Taskmaster wasn't much different in the past then he is now, he likes to work by himself, for himself, and to make money. There is no inclination that he ever set himself up for the losses, he was trying to do his job. Yes, now he seems more experienced and less arrogant, but that's just character development. After watching him get his ass whooped by DD twice, I definitly say Batman can take him. Him getting his ass beat by Agent X obviously doesn't count, 'cause of the BS powers he absorbed.

"That bullet time guy that worked for Sunset supposedly had "unsurpassed fighting skill," and after what Tasky did to him, he will be eating out of a tube for the rest of his life. At least after this fight Bruce can keep him company."

"Unequaled hand-to-hand fighting skill and speed" Just cause he said it, ain't true. TM put him in his place, didn't he? As for bullet time, he caught a bullet, but never showed any other abilities beyond that. Yes, that is one hell of a feat, but any enhanced human trained well enough could do this. Monks catch arrows, which fly at around ~250 FPS.

As far as the fight is concerned, I don't think Bats will trounce all over TM, but I think he will win it. He's got much more experience fighting great fighters and the such. Yes, TM will know the majority of his styles, but it only took DD one style to beat on him for the majority of a fight.

BENITO
he's got the fighting skills of cap and DD, the throwing skills of bullseye and a host of other talents. can bats find a way to take him down one on one? about the only thing bats has as an advantage is his smarts. is it enough?
of course batman can beat him.

Mainstream
na na na na na na na na Batman!

BENITO
that show was just terrible when they added bat-girl to the mix.

lifeisaglich
Again batman has mastered 127 fighting styles or combat he does not know 127 fighting style. (You want prove ask for it but be careful for what you wish for.)

No one never said that Taskmaster is not going to be a hand full but once batman notices that Taskmaster is just copying him it is all down hill for taskmaster.

And besides Taskmaster is kind of like Prometheus who has all the fighting styles of the jla and best martial arts he could find. And batman schooled him.

Zahit
TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TASKMASTER!!!!!!!

http://rogers-md.net/v/wallpapers/Taskmaster_Versus_Prometheus.jpg

BENITO
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
Again batman has mastered 127 fighting styles or combat he does not know 127 fighting style. (You want prove ask for it but be careful for what you wish for.)

No one never said that Taskmaster is not going to be a hand full but once batman notices that Taskmaster is just copying him it is all down hill for taskmaster.

And besides Taskmaster is kind of like Prometheus who has all the fighting styles of the jla and best martial arts he could find. And batman schooled him.
147 actually

Zahit
So does anybody know if Taskmaster has appeared anywhere lately???

Nataku8188
Latest was his LS, IRC.

Zahit
you mean "Limited Series" right.......what's IRC......

radioboy121
I notice that Taskmaster does often proclaim his mimicked fighting style (as if he's bragging), but he has a very good chance at taking out Batman in h2h. I know they proclaim Batman knowing 127 styles, but I find it hard pressed to believe for him to master all of them and even then, Taskmaster has a repetoire of fighting skills that though may not cover all those styles, should be sufficient to counter Batman's choice of technique.

lifeisaglich
Haven't you heard it is now 147 fighting styles that the batman has mastered. So BENITO where did you get this from just curious

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Zahit
you mean "Limited Series" right.......what's IRC......
If I remember Correctly

srankmissingnin
Nataku8188 about that guy who caught the bullet only having the one feat you forget that he opened the door of Taskmaster's van with something like 1 second left on the bomb and he got out of the blast radius with out even singeing.

Taskmaster broke his leg one of the isses don't done by Udon and it was fine in the next issue IRC.

Taskmasters last apperance was in Agent X, his mini happened before his apperances in DP I think.

Sentry
Taskmaster will beat the Bats.

MERCILOUS
You realize that profile pales in comparison to Batman's right?

Sentry
I know, but Bats will fall.

Sentry
Everyone's fighting style on that list consists of more than one style, I'm pretty sure if you add it up, he'll find a way to counter Bats.

Did you notice this?

He already knows knows the Bats fighting style. Add that to the fact he's caught bullets before, equals Batman's defeat.

MERCILOUS
Those are all people that Batman can whip. You can't beat real fighting savy by just running threw the motions. That's why TM loses fights, that's why he'll lose this one.

long pig
Wait, does he have powers or not?
He used to have photogenic memory fighting skills, but that bio says he lost it.
It also doesnt mention his "double" speed that I've heard of or a healing factor.

This bio just says he's learned a few guys fighting stances, that aint shit really.
If all he has is what he learned a while ago and can adapt more style, this fights over real fast.

Sentry
He still has these abilities.

He used to be able to mimic powers kinda like what Gideon used to do. That power he doesn't have anymore.

doctorstrongbad
Taskmaster knows all of batman's moves, Batman does not know all of TM's moves... this gives TM a major advantage. TM takes this one.

lifeisaglich
People I have a question, How does TM know about batman and his fightstyle. Because if taskmaster know about the batman. Then Batman most definately already knows about knows him. There is no way that Taskmaster is going to be a treat now.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
People I have a question, How does TM know about batman and his fightstyle. Because if taskmaster know about the batman. Then Batman most definately already knows about knows him. There is no way that Taskmaster is going to be a treat now. Thats a good question.

brainchild81
Taskmaster wins. Question. Is there no way DStroke is going to be a threat either?

MERCILOUS
That comparison is completely inadequate. There's no way Taskmaster is a threat to Deathstroke. TM can copy Slade's moves but he can't copy his precognative level senses. That's the same reason TM will lose to Batman, he can copy every move, but not his strategic genious, ingenuity, or even mixture of his own style.

brainchild81
Bats has trouble w/Shiva & Batgirl. Prometeus gave it to him before. They can't really match his strategic genius either, but up close is different. Tasky is no slouch in any department and his weapons are top notch. He's caught bullets before man. He's faster than Batman, more agile and can use Cap or Iron Fist's fighting style. Along w/many others. He'd outclass Bats. Not an easy victory by any means, but a victory still.

MERCILOUS
Dude, there goes your problem, you're comparing TM to people like Shiva and Batgirl. Batgirl damn near has a superpower, Shive is at the very pinnacle of fighting ability. Bats has trouble with them because they're as good as him. I'll grant you the Prometheus example, because I don't beleive him to be as good as TM, but when's the last time this happened? You're also probably ignoring all the examples where Bat's beats on Prometheus like a red headed step child.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Bat's beats on Prometheus like a red headed step child.

Bats beats him much worse than that.

doctorstrongbad
Taskmaster can win this fight with ease. he knows all of Batman's moves so he just counters and wins this fight. I think anybody that knows his opponents moves has an advantage, but TM can copy his opponents moves. That is like a double advantage. What does batman have as an advantage?

brainchild81
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Dude, there goes your problem, you're comparing TM to people like Shiva and Batgirl. Batgirl damn near has a superpower, Shive is at the very pinnacle of fighting ability. Bats has trouble with them because they're as good as him. I'll grant you the Prometheus example, because I don't beleive him to be as good as TM, but when's the last time this happened? You're also probably ignoring all the examples where Bat's beats on Prometheus like a red headed step child. Not really. I just didn't think I needed to state that for my side of the issue @ hand.smile TM damn near has a superpower too. Photographic Reflexes. It can be argued that TM, knowing all the styles he knows from all these other great fighters is also @ the very pinnacle of fighting ability. That's only logical. I think TM is fully capable of beating Shiva or Batgirl. Oh yeah, forgot to tell you that Taskie can move @ a FForwarded type speed for small periods of time. It takes a toll on his body though.

srankmissingnin
If you want to know how Taskmaster knows Batman's fighting style look at the list of people he has arsenal. Then remember Captain America alone is a master of ALL COMBAT STYLES. There are a few made up fighting styles in DC to give Bats his forbidden instant kill techs but most of them are real and he already knows them.

Taskmaster pawned Zaran, a guy who holds his own with Shang Chi, a guy who would pawn Lady Shiva, a chick who pawns Batman. Physically Taskmaster is superior to Batman, he has a top notch skill set and a weapon that can turn into any weapon he needs; the point is Tasky cleans house.

jinzin
agreed srank. right on the money.

Nataku8188
If you want to know how Taskmaster knows Batman's fighting style look at the list of people he has arsenal. Then remember Captain America alone is a master of ALL COMBAT STYLES. There are a few made up fighting styles in DC to give Bats his forbidden instant kill techs but most of them are real and he already knows them.

Taskmaster pawned Zaran, a guy who holds his own with Shang Chi, a guy who would pawn Lady Shiva, a chick who pawns Batman. Physically Taskmaster is superior to Batman, he has a top notch skill set and a weapon that can turn into any weapon he needs; the point is Tasky cleans house.

Is that why he got beat by DP? Moving erraticly defeated him. Is that why he got beat by Daredevil? Outsmarting him defeated him. Is that why he says when fighting the man bain hired, "He is good. If it weren't for my earlier experiment, I'd be eating my own teeth." Well, I have to say, Batman fights people with unequaled hand-to-hand fighting skill and speed, and wins.

How is Taskmaster physically superior to Batman? They are both as physically fit as someone can be. Batman has as many fighting styles as he needs, Taskmaster is no more 'skilled', he's just got the ability to copy whatever he sees.

srankmissingnin
Taskmaster lost to Deadpool because of PIS plan and simple... but Deadpool comics basicly revolve around PIS so its to be expected. That guy Bain hired was a bullet timer, he caught bullets and out ran the blast radius of Taskmaster's exploding van with only a second left on the bomb; he would have beat Batman like a cheap hooker.

Also Taskmaster isn't as skilled as Batman because he sees a move and knows how to do it? Thats how you learn martial arts, you are told and shown how to do something then you do it until you get it right. Taskmaster is just blessed with photographic reflexes and very acute muscle memory so he has it mastered in a second. He also has minor chi amping abilites and can bust out mini Iron Fists (thats where his Double time ability comes from).

Nataku8188
Taskmaster lost to Deadpool because of PIS plan and simple... but Deadpool comics basicly revolve around PIS so its to be expected. That guy Bain hired was a bullet timer, he caught bullets and out ran the blast radius of Taskmaster's exploding van with only a second left on the bomb; he would have beat Batman like a cheap hooker.

Also Taskmaster isn't as skilled as Batman because he sees a move and knows how to do it? Thats how you learn martial arts, you are told and shown how to do something then you do it until you get it right. Taskmaster is just blessed with photographic reflexes and very acute muscle memory so he has it mastered in a second. He also has minor chi amping abilites and can bust out mini Iron Fists (thats where his Double time ability comes from).

He didn't outrun the explosion, it shows him right next to the explosion diving away. Not to mention that wasn't a very big explosion, there wasn't even any damage to the guards that approached the van.

Batman would not get beaten like a cheap hooker, he'd beat bain's man like he beats everyone else who is a martial arts master. Just barely.

Where do any comics mention 'chi' amping? He can do the double time simply because he watches it in double time.

srankmissingnin
Taskmaster was shown to have copied chi amping in one of the Daredevil issues he appeared in. He was able to amp up his punch to hit a guy hard enough to stop his heart. It was never stated that fastward move was chi related but it seems like the only reasonable explanation.

brainchild81
Read the Taskmaster mini from a few years back. He was watching a martial arts flick in FF and discovered he could do the same for a while although it takes a toll on him.

srankmissingnin
Thats what we are talk about bud. I'm saying that the reason that Taskmaster is actually physically able to go into double time is because he is able to amp up his stats briefly with chi, and since he has shown the ability before it isn't to far fetched. And since it was out side what the human body is capable there needs to be a better reason then "because he saw it"

jinzin
here's the thing, for all of batman's skill he had enormous trouble taking down a mere ninja in the last part of the knightfall series. yeah he was still recovering and yeah the ninja was big...but there was really nothing special about him. Batman as shown on more than a couple occasions that oponents he isn't prepared for can hand him his ass in h2h combat (i.e.the reaper). All taskmaster has to do is last a few moments with bats, and he'll already be picking up batman's fighting style. batman's got tons of tricks sure....but so does tasky. eventually batman will run out of techniques to use, and taskmaster will have his ass owned.
comparing deadpool and batman at hand to hand combat is like comparing apples and oranges. both still fruit but both are verydifferent from eachother....Deadpool caught tasky by surprise because he was so radically unpredictable. Batman on the other hand is a proven tactician.....every move is precise, every technique and every counter calculated.....he doesn't have the same randomimity (as if that was a real word) going for him that deadpool does.

in anycase batman and cap are practicallyequal in combat, taskmaster knows all about cap and he'll be able to last long enough to know all about batman as well. after that, it's goodnight bruce wayne. if an old guy in a leather suite could do it, taskmaster is gonna do it better...with an attitude.

Nataku8188
I totaly forgot about that punch thing. Yeah, the dude was all gloating then TM killed him. Wooo, I feel like a jackass.

Anyways, I like TM better, but I've seen him get beat around by lesser men then Batman, and theoreticly he shouldn't have lost, I'm simply stating he should win. It's definitly a close call... but I lean towards Bats.

srankmissingnin
Me theory is it was the Bronx accent that made him a chump he lost it... and now he is uber badass. He has different motivations then before too, so now that he is a mercenary he doesn't need to lose every time he shows up!

I want to see Taskmaster and Agent X beat the crap out of the GLA... that would be funny.

MERCILOUS
The reason TM loses to people smarter than him and people who are better tacticians is because fighting isn't just putting a move out there. It's about who executes it at a better time, picking just the right move for every situation. Sure TM can do a perfect Spidey flip, but it doesn't mean a damn if he does it into a wall.

brainchild81
Me theory is it was the Bronx accent that made him a chump he lost it... and now he is uber badass. He has different motivations then before too, so now that he is a mercenary he doesn't need to lose every time he shows up!

I want to see Taskmaster and Agent X beat the crap out of the GLA... that would be funny. What's the GLA?

jinzin
yeah....I was kinda wonderin that myself.

Mainstream
GLA....I've heard of them...can't remember where though.

jinzin
lol. I am really diggin that sig mainstream! that's about just how it would go down too. laughing out loud

Mainstream
thanks...I thing the GLA is the the superhero loser squad...Doorman has the power to lean against any wall and people can go through him..basically he's the lamest teleporter alive.

jinzin
lol....if i had a power it would be to instantly create chipolte burritos at my will. then we'll see who's lame! muwahahahahahahahahaha!

Nataku8188
GLA = Great lakes avengers.

Mr. Immortal
The dinosaur chick
Big bertha
Doorman
The stretchy guy

brainchild81
Were they made as a friendly shot @ DC?

MERCILOUS
It doesn't matter how many fighting styles TM has remembered, only who has better application of said styles.

Zahit
in a random encounter I would give it to taskmaster.
even though batman knows many styles, he still applies them
as batman. he has his style. a style superior to most.
taskmaster doesn't have a style. it's like fighting a split-personality.
one second daredevil, next punisher, next captain america.
batman would eventually see what's going on and realize
he can't simply out-fight taskmaster.
batman has an advantage in intelligence and probably strength.
taskmaster can "double" his speed momentarily.
this stunt should take batman out, but leave taskmaster tired.
his body is still only human.
taskmaster 70% of the time.
batman 30% of the time.

brainchild81
Ditto

8bitChris
Deadpool beat Taskmaster using the macarena.

MERCILOUS
in a random encounter I would give it to taskmaster.
even though batman knows many styles, he still applies them
as batman. he has his style. a style superior to most.
taskmaster doesn't have a style. it's like fighting a split-personality.

Read some Bruce lee man, the ultimate fighter is water, adaptable to any situtation, not having any style.

one second daredevil, next punisher, next captain america.
batman would eventually see what's going on and realize
he can't simply out-fight taskmaster.

Even though I disagree, you forget that he doesn't have too.

batman has an advantage in intelligence and probably strength.
taskmaster can "double" his speed momentarily.
this stunt should take batman out, but leave taskmaster tired.
his body is still only human.
taskmaster 70% of the time.
batman 30% of the time.

Batman can take much more punishment than you're giving him credit for.

dominic/wolf
batman siting alone in a dark room taskmaster enters throw the door batman jumps up and get into the crouching tiger stance taksmaster shots him in the face laughs and exits

leonidas
bats dodges and uses his million different martial arts and switches fighting styles on the fly so taskmaster can't copy, then ko's taskmaster. then bats exits thinking, 'what a dunce - like no one has tried to shoot me before . . .'

smile

actually, i don't know WHO would win this fight. it's why i started the thread.

Wanderer259
Since dominic/wolf brought it back up, I may as well as throw in mine.

While I agree, I'll have to mention that Taskmaster can make a perfect Spidey flip without hitting a wall. stick out tongue

That whole argument works under the assumption that Taskmaster can only do movements, not properly apply them. "Tony" is a lot smarter than that; he doesn't just copy movements, he studies them. Which also means he practices with them. He can make the same movements and he can properly apply them, albeit not as well as someone who has been using it for longer periods of time (i.e., Taskmaster can throw a shield exactly like Cap, but he probably doesn't know as many tricks).

Technically, Taskmaster can do the exact same thing Batman can do and switch up his style in order to confuse and better match whatever Batman himself is doing. And yes, actually, Taskmaster technically can match Slade's pre-cog, though not on the same level. Tasky, after learning his opponent's movements and fighting style, can predict what they'll do next, which is exactly how Slade works (Slade DOES NOT have actual pre-cog, for those who didn't know. His mind in all of its tactical genius works like the Midnighter's, in which it runs through all the possibilities a fight can go through in the blink of an eye; he can also be messed up with unpredictable fighting methods).

Since Batman and Taskmaster are essentially physically the same and both have a myriad of technical gadgets, neither has an advantage in this area. However, despite Task's ability to meet Batman h2h, Batman's technical know-how for fighting is better, and though Taskmaster is incredibly smart and a great tactician by his own right, I can't honestly say he's better than Batman.

Batman wins this, but by a close margin.

dominic/wolf
bats dodges and uses his million different martial arts and switches fighting styles on the fly so taskmaster can't copy, then ko's taskmaster. then bats exits thinking, 'what a dunce - like no one has tried to shoot me before . . .'
no he can shot him becuse he seen bullseye do it so there task wins stick out tongue

jinzin
hmmm great post....I retract my previous statement....I'm actually starting to agree that batman would take this one...

MERCILOUS
Are you talking about Wanderer's post?

jinzin
yeah...

MERCILOUS
Yeah, he's good, no bull kinda guy, no 3 year old logic, a breath of fresh air.

jinzin
yeah i like him too...brings good points of view to the discussions and is open minded to new ideas as well...

8bitChris
Well after reading Wanderer's post I don't know if I would come to the same conclusion.

"Batman's technical know-how for fighting is better"

I don't know if there is any way to prove that statement.

Who can say? I mean Taskmaster's whole life is fighting. We've seen Taskmaster take it to the most experience fighters after studying, and thusly, learning their moves. Who is to say Batman's experience will be any different? I know that this messege board sort of established the rumor that Batman is the greatest h2h of all time; but i'd be willing to make the arguement that Taskmaster is better at h2h.

Zahit
I pretty much agree with Wanderer259's assessment.
But, I think it's a closer fight than Batman winning all the time.
Yes he's smarter and CAN win, but I think Taskmaster COULD
put some serious hurt on him. I don't think Batman has ever
faced someone with Taskmaster's range and particular talent.
Batman can figure it out, but in the meantime he could get
seriously hurt.
I say in a no-prep street fight:
Batman 45%
Taskmaster 55%

With any knowledge of Tasky, then Batman WILL definitely pull a win.

MERCILOUS
I pretty much agree with Wanderer259's assessment.
But, I think it's a closer fight than Batman winning all the time.
Yes he's smarter and CAN win, but I think Taskmaster COULD
put some serious hurt on him. I don't think Batman has ever
faced someone with Taskmaster's range and particular talent.

You mean like Prometheus?

MERCILOUS
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t337394.html

batdude123
bump...

MrHeavySilence
I'm with Batman on this.

Grimm22
Taskmaster is pretty much the Deathstroke of the MU.

Of course bad writing says that characters like Spider-Woman can take him down (*cough* Bendis *cough*) which is complete BS.

And considering how badly Deathstroke takes down Batman I say Taskmaster takes this one.

7/10

riceroost
Taskmaster vs. Batman would probably go down a lot like Prometheus vs. Batman Round 1.

Only problem this time is that in the second round Batman can't download epilepsy into Taskmaster's brain.

Bats is screwed.

Deadpool14
although i am confident that Taskmaster wins, Batman is a smart guy....
if he catches on quick enough that Taskmaster can mimic him, he can do the unpredictable thing and turn it over. But, if Batman takes to long to figure it out, Taskmaster will just rip him apart. Taskmaster 7/10

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Grimm22
Taskmaster is pretty much the Deathstroke of the MU.

Of course bad writing says that characters like Spider-Woman can take him down (*cough* Bendis *cough*) which is complete BS.

And considering how badly Deathstroke takes down Batman I say Taskmaster takes this one.

7/10

Spider-Woman should by all right take Taskmaster down. She's like Class 10, superfast, can fly, and has electrical blasts...

The Fake Macoy
Spider-woman can fly? Since when could spiders fly? As for the battle, I think that his 2x speed trick will give TM the win more often than not, but it'll be close.

Deadpool14
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Spider-woman can fly? Since when could spiders fly? As for the battle, I think that his 2x speed trick will give TM the win more often than not, but it'll be close.

only cause of those electric foil wings on her suit. hydra gave them to her. they are powered by her own bio electricity. anyway...

brainchild81
TM beats Bats down.

TheKahn
ninja

Pyron_Knight
Taskmaster wins.

occultdestroyer
Thread Resurrection!!

Tasky wins

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>