Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JToTheP
It's back!!!!!!!! After the massive success of MGS2, (which I absolutely hated due to Raiden, but I loved the gameplay) comes the sequal/prequal of the newest entry to the massively successful series: MGS3: Snake Eater. I won't go into the whole thing, since anyone who sees this topic should know: 1960's, you play as Big Boss (The Les Terribles project wasn't until 1964, so it IS Big Boss, NOT Solid Snake) through his first actual mission.

Well, I beat it in 2 days, I had off work today so I played for about 9 hours, yes, I'm a video game-a-holic, can't live without them, and I know it to. Recently I beat GTA: SA in 2 weeks, and MP2:Echoes in 2 weeks ago, but those are much longer games obviously.

My first time through stats:

Diff:Very Easy
Play Time: 14:31:26
Save:27
Continue:0
Alert:34
Humans killed:130
Seriously Injured:73 times
Total Damage:11 bars
Life Med:0
Plants & animals:17 kinds
Meals Eaten:14
SP Item:EZ Gun

*Ending Spoilers*

Ocelot's phone call to the CIA Director leads me to wonder if MGS4 will be take place after MGS2, or after MGS3, and before MG1 in 1995.

*Note* I am in no way boasting, as I said, I KNOW I am a video game-a-holic, so do not think I am trying to show off.

JToTheP
Sorry, the genetic experiment was: 1972 "Les Enfants Terribles"

The game takes place in August 24th, 1964 (prologue), and August 31st, 1964, I assume ending September 1st, 1964, but I'm not 100%.

ChickinMeat
i dont think the game comes out in NZ until april or sometime like that.

and isnt there already a MGS3 thread?

Max Payne
Did u know that snake looks a bit like the guy out of Escape from New York and all the missions he does sound nearly exactly the same as the snake in MGS

Max Payne
The guy also on Escape from New York is also called Snake + Plisken

Max Payne
Hey JToTheP Most of us on KMC R game-a-holics even i am.

Red Superfly
WTF were you playing it on Very Easy for?

What a waste.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Im pretty sure its called Escape from LA.

ragesRemorse
The firstmovie was escape from new york, the sequal is L.A. And i believe that snakes name for MGS was taken from the movie escape from new york. I mean snake pliskin- snake peelskin?

ZomBiE_HunTER
OOOOO

Kento
MGS3 Was so much cooler then 2. And I can see where Liquid got the ability to survive to much junk.

Big Boss was awesome but the ending is so sad. After beating the game it makes me want to play the games where Snake fights Big Boss.

And there's gonna be a 4? I thought 3 was the last one being made.

ragesRemorse
metal gear solid 2 had one of the most misplaced stories in a video game. Vampires, fat guys on roller blades, chiks that cant be hit by bullets...I mean that doesnt sound like the type of enemies for a spy espionage game

god number 2
yes your right its so true laughing fat guy on roller blades makes me laugh......... sigh...........i don't know what hideo was thinking..... sad

combet
I know this is a stupid question, but I can't trigger the beehive cutscene in virtuous mission. I've shot the beehive by the garvals close up and from a distance and nothing happens. I've even got "the end sneaks up on you" cutscene, yet I have no idea how to do this.

??????

JToTheP
Originally posted by Red Superfly
WTF were you playing it on Very Easy for?

What a waste.

Because I hadn't played an MGS since the horrible nightmare that was MGS2, so WTF to you. roll eyes (sarcastic) I also like to play every difficulty to get a feel for the ranging challenge of each game.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Kento
MGS3 Was so much cooler then 2. And I can see where Liquid got the ability to survive to much junk.

Big Boss was awesome but the ending is so sad. After beating the game it makes me want to play the games where Snake fights Big Boss.

And there's gonna be a 4? I thought 3 was the last one being made.

4 is the last one Kojima is being the head of, but there is no way in hell he will NOT be completely involved in 4, it's already confirmed 4 is being developed for Ps3 at we speak.

jaden101
im skeptical about this game...i was very disappointed with sons of liberty but i did like the remake of MGS for the cube (twin snakes)...

i'll be borrowing it from a mate in a couple of weeks...i'll post what i think then

ChickinMeat
When i get back to england, ill have to have a look at this game, thats depending of course if i have any spare money!

SpikeSpiegel
The story's good. The ending was completely unexpected. As well as the hidden origins of a well known MGS character wink

Red Superfly
It's fantastic, I'm playing it through again and so far I'm going for all of the tree frogs which should get me the stealth camo.

I really loved The Boss, she is such a great character.

Ocelot is cooler than ever, and Big Boss is just, wow.

And Volgin couldn't be any more evil if he had a twiddly moustache and a cape.

I'd rather see a remake of Metal Gear 1 & 2 rather than a new Metal Gear Solid.

I mean, I think the NES graphics don't do the characters justice anymore. They also had simplistic storylines (although they set a new standard back then).

Imagine the full tale of how Big Boss forms Foxhound, recruits Solid Snake, and gets him to infiltrate Outer Heaven - only for Solid Snake to find out Big Boss set him up the whole time. I'd love to see Big Boss get to tell his side of the story. It's great how in MGS3 they say that even though The Boss was a hero, following her misison to the end - she would go down in history as a criminal, and a traitor. This is obviously exactly the same destiny Big Boss suffers from. Big Boss, as we know, is a "traitor" and Solid Snake is our hero that saved us from the "maniac". Because the NES games are so old - barely anyone knows of the true story behind Big Boss' turn - JUST like The Boss did in MGS3. I sure as hell hope we haven't seen the last of Big Boss - the TRUE hero of MGS. I also hope they make a sequel to MGS2 where we continue with Solid Snakes quest and unravel the Patriots plot. Imagine if Big Boss never really died in Zanzibar Land and instead became a Philosopher like Eva? That would be SO cool! We could see a Big Boss vs Liquid vs Snake showdown! (And a wake up call for Snake when he realises how much of a tool he's been, and that Big Boss was the only one who saw through it).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.