mustafar coruscants sun?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grievous_90210
according to the new insider magazine there is a section called the best of hyperspace "didnt we just leave this party" ther is a section on the tantive IV there is a little paragraph that says during filming there was a scene where they had a moving lihgt source that represented coruscants sun and maybe that is a scene with the tantive IV going to mustafar to pick up obi1 and padme for people who has insider 79 its on page 80 one of the last paragraphs on the bottom left of it

Darth_Decimator
is it just me or does that sound ludicrous ? isnt mustafar a planet not a star and how could anyone survive on the surface of a star let alone duel on it lol

Cheesiness
Here's a hint;

When you type, try to make sense.

darktim1
Yeah saw coruscants sun part but did'nt find part about mustafar.

Grievous_90210
"Yeah saw coruscants sun part but did'nt find part about mustafar."

it doesnt say anything about mustafar it said they used a light source for coruscants sun the mustafar thing is a theory and if there can be forest moons why cant there be planet suns i mean its star wars for cryin out loud they made it possible to live on a planet with molten lava and volcanos

The Ones
true

jedijunky1138
The Light source will most likely be an artificial satellite. Mustifar is a planet.

Jedi Priestess
Cheesinesss your sig is hilarious! laughing

jedijunky1138
MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! COOOOOOKIESSSSSS

ctsketch
Its impossible to inhabit a sun, no matter how cold of a sun it may be, its a ball of hot, burning gas, no surface, just hundreds of thousands of degrees of heat

eXSBass
I don't think Mustafar is a Star. Otherwise it would be called a Star not a Planet.

Ushgarak
Star Wars has seen many strange things over time- ships that make noise in space, solar sails that move at superlight speeds, planets that are 100% one thing or another, space fighters that fly like wwII atmospheric fighters, and ground armies that fight as if tactics did not advance from the equivalent of the Napoleonic era.

It's all the triumph of style over realism, and with good cause, But despite all of that, there is always some kind of pseudo-logic to it- Star Wars science. And a star that is like a planet is just too far, even for Star Wars.

Mist
mutafar is where the confederacy leaders hide out. do you really think they would pick a planet so close to a populated planet to hide? i would hide in the outer rim or somewhere away from heavy civilisation.

also, how does palpatine know where the leaders are hiding? dont they all run away when dooku dies?

cornponious
Erm, a star doesn't have a surface, it's just a big ball of gas, even in GL's universe.

corn

Darth_Decimator
thats what i was getting at stick out tongue its impossible , i think it would even be impossible in the star wars universe to see a habitable star

thejeditraitor
palpatine is in charge of dooku... he knows everything.

Sadako of Girth
Right on Corn and equally right on on Mr.Decimator and Ushgarak...!
If the physical definitions of what is what were so incredibly loose in the Star wars universe, then why is it that the twin suns of Tatooine are are actually great big glowing things instead of moons, black holes or planets...? Or Snow speeders being called what they are instead of blamonge speeders....?(As much as I would love to see that...) Blasters are called blasters because they don't vacuum/hoover....I guess big grin

I loved this thread as it tickled me reading it and this post isn't to be taken moodily.... smile To be fair Mr.Grevious maybe insn't a great fan of astronomy... And therefore might not know what makes a star.... and fair play to him.

But maybe he has inadvertently opened up another can of worms here..
The worms can question in question is.....

"Why is the Death star called a Death STAR if it is only the size of most moons (Almost infinitely smaller than a sun AND definitely not glowly or yellow/red and seems for that matter to be made of cold, grey, metal...
steel...?" smile

Mortanius
I don't know Death Star sounds more dangerous than Death Moon.

"Oh God, watch out, it's the Death MOON!"

Mist
why are you all going into space theory and stars? greivous just wanted to see if mustafar was coruscants sun. (yeah, i know a sun is a star, but why go on in detail?).

Sadako of Girth
My last post here kinda indicates that I see your point of view,
And I wasn't laughing AT him. Just WITH him while giving my reason for answering a no to his question....
and that incase Grevious wasn't aware then great, I don't mind helping him with my admittedly limited knowledge of said subject.
I guess the popular argument is that Mustafar is a dying planet and therefore not bright enough to be Corusant's sun.... smile

P.S LOL Moritanius, althought "Here comes the Death Moon"would definitely still have me a bit worried but I see your point big grin Nice one.... smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.