mortal kombat vs street fighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
now that both these franchise's are comics we can put them against eachother.
A portal is opened to the street fighter universe and the mk characters come busting ass.
mortal kombat has obvious advantages but the street fighters aren't pushovers.
Dark Akuma would definetely take out a share of the mk fighters.
fei long vs johnny cage would be awesome since their both movie stars.

mr.smiley
since the majority are probably gonna go with mk I choose street fighter

supremthor
mk

SpyCspider
hahahah classic battle indeed.

I say MK just because they got more supernatural/magic arsenal to their advantage....plus, they're more deadly when they land blows. But it kinda also makes me feel SF is more believable by real word standards. If you ever watched the Japanese SF anime series (not the movie), it talks about the origin of the hadoken (aka similar to blowing a candle out with just your palm) and qigong. Ryu, Akuma, and Ken are the best out of the SF universe (maybe Gen too) but they just don't have the mysticism associated with MK to win the battle (ie. teleporting, turning invisible, summoning lightning, etc).

Bardock42
What about Bison, Sagat, Guile, Blanka, Balrog, they are kick ass

But Mortal Combat is kind of more powerful, I think they would win.

norrin radd
MK has gods, and imortals fighting, i think thats a huge advantage.
a fair and better fight, would be street fighter vs king of fighters.

The Flash
Streetfighter. Akuma is the shit.

Arsenal
I'm afraid with gods like Shao Hahn and Raiden, Mortal Kombat would win. If you leave out the gods, I think Street Fighter would win just because of Ryu and Akuma's almost dbz like moves.

Krissy Von Doom
Just how would any of the MK fighters live through a spinning pile driver? Forget fatalities, Blanka would tear their hearts out as a normal move.

Havoc470
street fighter, cooler, funner....better

mr.smiley
ryu would outfight most mk characters.
ken could but would probably be a little too careless.
i can't think of anyone but raiden who would actualy take akuma though.
bison vs tsung would be awesome.

mr.smiley
i could see liu kang turn into a dragon and ryu would just say
hadukin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nathaniel Grey
As far as I'm concerned Mortal Kombat has always been a stiff knock off of Street Fighter. Their franchise capitalized on blood and gore while lacking the true depth of what a fighting game was meant to be. Challenging. Back in the day Mortal Kombat was NOTHING without their fatalities, animalities and god awful babalities. And today it's nothing without the eye grabbing graphics for those who're wh0rez for visual effects. Street Fighter is and always WILL be the Lord of Fighting games. Gods? Street Fighter has Oro, Shin Gouki, Gill, Urien and Vega. ( Japanese names, mind you. ) They're all Gods in their own right and I believe they'd lay waste to every Kombatant along with Ryu, Sagat, Ken..etc.

Three words for all you MK fans....Shun Goku Satsu!, B*tches.

Paola
Post SF & MK comic pics or I'll close it

pr1983
u serious or joking paola? i've actually seen comics of both i believe...

Arsenal
laughing Paola's funny AND cute

pr1983
i second that... substitute sexy for cute though...

Arsenal
http://www.streetfightercomics.com/
Don't talk about Paola...she's mine

pr1983
nope, she's mine... *rolls up sleeves*

Paola
I can't open links!!! Attach them!!!!!

pr1983
i'm in work, i can't...

TheFilmProphet
Mortal Kombat obviously cool

Arsenal
What do you know TFP stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
I know that MK would win stick out tongue

pr1983
mortal kombat have gods, but it'd be some fight...

TheFilmProphet
true, worthy of a whole video game too.

Arsenal
That wouldn't just be a video game, it'd be THE video game.

TheFilmProphet
I agree

Maybe even an animated film to accompany it.

pr1983
yeah, i'd buy that game...

TheFilmProphet
I'm sure ALOT of people would buy that game.

pr1983
imagine tag mode, ryu and ken vs sub zero and scorpion...

TheFilmProphet
wow!

and on PS3 type graphics

pr1983
yeah, did u see those yet? they were announced recently...

TheFilmProphet
I haven't seen it yet,

you?

pr1983
go to computerandvideogames.com, they look sweet

i think mk will win eventually...

kanis
alien I agree streetfighter even with mortal kombat's gods if it is a tournement they can not disrupt the fighting. And like some one said if Lu kang turned intoa dragon Ryu unleash hell on him. Then again the mortal kombat movie was better than the street fighter one.

pr1983
could swing either way i suppose...

kanis
alien Maybe depends on the fighters involved.

pr1983
true, we dont know exactly who's in it...

Lord Ryugen
Unfortunatly I have to say that MK would take Street Fighter on the basis that they have gods and immortals fighting with them. That said all the normal MK characters would lose badly. If we're talking full roster then we have Akuma and Ryu's dark forms, we have Bison's Psycho power the speed of Cammy, Chun Li, Juli and Juni, the strength of Zangeif, E Honda, Balrog and Birdie, the savage fury of Blanka and the skill of Gen, Rose, Vega and Sagat. Not to mention the EX characters (That I know nothing about.) Liu Kang and his mates go down but Raiden, Shao Khan and the other Gods/immortals take the match on the simple fact the gits can't die.

Havoc470
i definitely think street fighter would win

they got a hell of alot of character power, guile, ryu, ken, blanka, zangief, chun li, cammy, rolento, sakura, vega, akuma, birdie, charlie, dan, gen, guy, rose, and sodom, and thats leaving out certain characters like honda, adon, balrog, bison, dee jay, karin, and sakura

this is just a section of the games characters, street fighter has enough to make an army and mk may also have enough, but they dont match the power of the street fighter guys imo

Lord Ryugen
I suppose it depends if the fight is to unconciousness then Street Fighter super combos its way to victory. If it's to the death however MK wins by the fact they have immortals.

TheFilmProphet
Its not just gods and immortals that MK has. wink

They have sorcerers like Quan Chi and Shang Tsung.
http://www.mkwarehouse.com/animations/mk4/1/quanchi1.gif

Then they have Scorpion who no matter how many times he is killed and sent to hell, eventually he always comes back to finish you off.
http://www.mkwarehouse.com/animations/mk2/scorpion.gif

Then they also have fighters like Kintaro and Goro which each have four arms and are at least 12 feet tall each.
http://www.mkwarehouse.com/animations/mk2/kintaro.gif

They also have reptile which can turn invisible during a fight so you can't even see him attacking you.
http://www.mkwarehouse.com/animations/mk2/reptile.gif

Then you have Motaro who is at least 10 feet tal, half horse, and has a 20 foot long steel tail.
http://www.mkwarehouse.com/animations/mk3/motaro.gif

Plus countless others like Jax-Who in the MK universe is considered to be one of the strongest humans alive, and Subzero who can freeze you and knock you into little ice cubes.

http://www.mkwarehouse.com/animations/mk3/jax.gif

Dazzler619
Speaking of MK vs. St, how come they didn't make a game of it?

SpyCspider
hehe differnet graphics and gameplay i think....

MK is mostly bout how fast you can hit the buttons, while SF concentrates on "rolling" them. Combos work differently as well. I think that's why Capcom can work with SNK and Marvel but not MK.

Plus, I bet each thinks of itself as the better series...and wouldn't wannabe caught dead with each other.

SpyCspider
oh yea..FilmProphet...awesome character icons....where you get them?

TheFilmProphet
They have literally any MK animation you can think of right here http://www.mkwarehouse.com/animations/mk1/ evil face

Nathaniel Grey
Oro puts all of them to shame. He's so strong he has to tie ONE ARM up because otherwise his power would overwhelm his adversaries. You really can't top the creativity of such a character. MK seems to be a haven for mostly ninjas who wear the same pajamas.

norrin radd

norrin radd
i have the snk vs capcom, even so they had to change the graphics, to use the SF characters. but yes its more easy then using MK.

mr.smiley
i hope paola was just joking about posting the picks.
the sf comic has been running for a while and mk not only has a new comic but they had one in 94.
if someone is gonna moderate a forum like this,they should know about all the new comics

Lord Ryugen
It's so unfair dammit! I want SF to win but MKs troops are annoyingly unkillible. Please someone come up with a way for SF to take it, I don't want to have to vote MK!

Nathaniel Grey
The " immortality " in Mortal Kombat must not mean too much since the fighters always seem to be staking their lives in this tournament. And as I recall just because you're immortal doesn't always mean that you're indestructable. All of them might LIVE forever but that doesn't mean that with enough energy they can't be easily handled. In that case it'd only take the combined strength of Oro, Gouki, Gill, Urien, Ryu and Sagat to wipe the floor with the majority of the so called Mortal Kombat " Gods ". But that's still such a cop out. The game is called MORTAL Kombat and yet it's riddled with Gods, Immortals and demons. It's worse now than it was before. MK2 was the last and most decent game in the series. It wasn't overtly gaudy and didn't have ten billion gods fighting in it. Just my opinion.

Lord Ryugen
Excellent point Nathaniel. Raiden may not be able to die but won't be doing much fighting if Akuma's just removed his limbs. I can go Street Fighter now YES!!

Nathaniel Grey
EVERYONE should vote Street Fighter. It was the first greatest fighting game ever and remains the blue print for what superior games ought to be today!

Lord Ryugen
Damm sraight Nathaniel!

Lord Ryugen
This guy alone could take a good half of MK

Lord Ryugen
Akuma alone could take a good half of MK

kanis
alien That's true

Lord Ryugen
Heh! the edit screwed up.

kanis
alien What' s that supposed to mean Lord ryugen

Lord Ryugen
I posted the same thing twice just with a name change and lack of pic. That wasn't supposed to happen.

kanis
alien HA HA

FrothByte
for what its worth, i enjoyed playing mk2 more than i enjoyed playing any streetfighter game. the concept of "tapping" the buttons instead of "rolling" them was a very refreshing concept, since all of the previous vs. games used rolling. as far as i know, the use of codes originated with mk, like by entering a code of buttons you'd be able to unlock characters, make babalities and such.

plus the fighting action was more articulate, and required more skill. capcom games always seemed like a flurry of punches and kicks and fireballs. i've known people who win in streetfighter by just pressing anything rapidly and just keep on fury kicking and punching. not a tactic that would work with more articulate games like mk, bloody roar, or soul caliber.

mr.smiley
i agree with you half way.
mk and mk2 it were like that.
mk3 went more towards button mashing

Nathaniel Grey
I did enjoy Mortal Kombat 2 as well though I preferred the range and mobility that Street Fighter Alpha, Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 had to offer. Mortal Kombat as realistic as it attempted to be during that time was more than often rigid and stiff at best. Their characters had little fluidity and came across to me as 2-D pictures of real people copied and pasted to the screen. Maybe I just enjoyed the anime aspect that SF had to offer. More articulate? I think they each had their own unique aspects which made them interesting games but I just don't agree with that statement. The animation it took to give us Ryu, Ken and even Gouki made the game far superior especially when the gameplay came into effect. I always saw the Fatalities and Animalities as trivial fodder to distract people from the lack of a creative fighting engine. Notice that Street Fighter ( 2-D wise ) did much better at the Arcades than Mortal Kombat ever did.

Button mashing goes across the board and can be applied to any and every video game ever made. And you can't specifically apply that comment to an acclaimed 2-D fighter such as Street Fighter especially since there are World Wide tournaments set for players who end up making hundreds of thousands of dollars playing. Do you think they just button mash their way to getting that kind of cash? Personally I've never heard of a Mortal Kombat video game tournament generating that kind of revenue. Maybe I'm mistaken. Anyway, yeah. I liked both Mortal Kombat 2 and the Street Fighter series. I just personally think SF is better overall.

SpyCspider
it's been said countless times SF has a better fighting engine and combo system. Every blow, parry, block, dodge, etc was much more thought out than the early versions of MK.

I for one however, am a graphics nut, so I learned to love MK (more impressed by real-life models) more than SF early on. So I learned to like quick button tapping as well. Even till now, I'll take MK Deception over any of the SF Alphas or Ex's just cuz I don't like rolling my buttons.

Havoc470
i was always more of an sf fan than mk fan, sf has done gone to so many new levels, while mk just ups the graphics and adds some MTV rock band, as to who would win with the actual characters, i have to go with SF....they have like 3 times more characters than mk and all of them pretty damn powerful

i gotta say im gonna like MK: Shaolin Monks, finally making a good off-genre mk and it looks great

SarKastic_OJ
Wait a sec, Street fighter came hard with the whole Vs series(X-men vs SF, Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Capcom vs Snk, Capcom vs Snk 2) those all had "great" graphics and equally good gameplay..

MK maybe too "realistic" to win in an actual battle, and only display rivaling powers during fatalities judging by what the SF'ers can do: create giant energy blasts and Shun-goku satsu's(raging Demon) their power is "too exxagerated" and dwarfs what the MK'ers can do....Evil ryu blew down an entire forest with a hadoken for goodness sakes....Raiden may be considered a god but in the videogame world nowadays gods lose all the time, it seems beating gods is the new "it" thing in videogames, ryu beat Gill(God), terry bogard beats Ares(god) in anime, Kyo(Kof'ers) beats Orochi(God)...From the all-out power perspective the Street fighters win hands down..Mk appears like a hyped up kung-fu flick...

Nathaniel Grey
Amen.

kanis
alien They should stop making mortal kombat games into 3D.

mr.smiley
i liked deception.
i think overall sf has better but mk has a better story to follow.

kanis
alien Yeah but streetfighter does not need story when it has continual fighting.

123figthingst
No doubt MK has gods... but... lets all check this out... M. Bison (aka Vega in Japanese) will own 90% of those MK freaks they call kombatants. Akuma will definitely take out anybody in there. If gods wants to fight, Gill is a god messed and... Shin Akuma ..... one word... Misogi. gg MK.

Paola
I wasn't joking
I know absolutely nothing about Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat comics, why should I? I find the games and movies boring... comic versions must be worst...

If you feel I 'should know about all the new comics' go pm the administrator of this forum and tell him so.

I just remind you, this is a Movie community forum.

Any further opinion about me, state it through private message system.

Thank you

Paola
Global Moderator

ayjay
o0o0o....busted....

Nathaniel Grey
So if Street Fighter has a movie and this is a movie forum? What was the issue? Seriously. I'm genuinely confused.

pr1983
Some unsuitable comments were made about our mod, basically saying that she should know about every single recent comic out there.

That is wrong. i doubt there is one person on this forum who knows about every single comic series, that includes mods.

anyway, mortal kombat wins... god like competitors...

Nathaniel Grey
Unsuitable? He was merely stating his opinion. While I don't agree that a single person should know all existing comic books & movies it doesn't hurt to at least do some personal research before commenting that you're going to close someone's thread when it's appropriate to the forum. That's hardly fair. Paola has my greatest respect as a moderator but still -- I don't think his ( Mr. Smiley ) comment was at all without some merit. She should make it her business to know which threads are and aren't appropriate given the responsibilities she's willingly undertaken. Anyway I just wanted to say my piece after that bit of confusion. I am in no way or form attack anyone.

Street Fighter all the way. God's have been beaten before and as stated so eloquently -- that seems to be a current trend. Oro could take them all on with ONE HAND tied behind his back. ( Street Fighter gamers will get that joke. wink )

pr1983
i understand completely nathaniel, honestly i do. but like all of us she has a life outside kmc. if shes wrong then she's wrong, but making comments about it are silly, as is rubbing it in.

and i get the joke, funny...

Nathaniel Grey
I don't care what anyone says. Liu Kang is a THIRD rate knock off of Ryu. With less than HALF the talent mind you. Btw, does anyone besides myself READ the current SF comic by UDON? The art is AMAZING and the story is nearly as wonderful as the game series. If you haven't give it a look. Many friends of mine who aren't SF fans really got into it. Especially when my boy Fei Long got into the series. Waaaaaa chaaa!

SpyCspider
hehehe well....Liu Kang, Law, and yes, Fei Long were all just knockoffs of Bruce Lee...

I wouldn't say he's a knockoff of Ryu. You always need a central character in any fighting videogame and usually it's the guy with the cheapest yet most powerful moves. Just cuz Ryu came first doens't mean another Asian fighter's a knockoff of him. What about Terry Bogard of Fatal Fury/KOF?

A bigger knockoff can be found within the games themselves. Think about all the sprite mess MK did with Reptile, Smoke, Rain, Ermac, etc...just ninjas with differnet colors. And Ken is just a plain knockoff of Ryu IMO. And I won't even get started with Dan.

Nathaniel Grey
Yes, I agree somewhat. But Capcom whole heartedly admits they based many of their characters on some living & formerly living individuals. ( ie; M. Bison " Mike Tyson " , FeiLong " Bruce Lee ". ) So it's not so much of a rip off as it is a homage to the individuals they, again, admitted they sought to emulate.

Yes, Street Fighter was the first to do so. Anything afterwards is hardly paying homage and is more likely capitalizing off the popularity of the already established series and characters. ( ex; One reality show is made and grows popular then 20 JUST like it are made. They considered are RIP-OFFS! ) I'm not saying that the character of Liu Kang doesn't have a degree of individuality when concerning the development of the character but I do base his popularity on the fact that he's similar in appearance to Ryu. That was a DELIBERATE move by the MK developers to allot their character a degree of recognition. It's a COMMON ploy in marketing to boost sales of one product by making it seem somewhat individual but virtually the same and thus familiar to buyers.

Don't even get me STARTED on SNK. Their entire Fatal Fury / King of Fighters line is a f*cking carbon copy of Street Fighter. That company unlike Mortal Kombat -- seemed very adamant about creating a creature that resembled Street Fighter in every way possible. They even went as far as to create characters BASED on Capcom fighters with a slight " edge " to them. ( ex; Joe Higashi looks AWFULLY a lot like Adon. And Ryo resembles KEN in nearly every manner. ) That company has NO creativity whatsoever and needs to go bankrupt -- again.

Anyway. While I believe MK was patterned after Street Fighter to a degree,like every other fighting game in the industry, it is a separate beast and I give'em credit for that. I only liked the series up to Mortal Kombat 2. After that it got pretty ridiculous with all the Lin Kuei NINJAS popping out the wood work and so forth. Street Fighter wins this HANDS DOWN for being the innovator of fighting games as we know them. Capcom has kept their series PURE. And what do I mean by pure? Everything in Street Fighter is based on just that -- FIGHTING. It doesn't have overly flashy graphics or pitiful gimmicks that attempt to keep the gamers mind OFF what's important in a fighting game. THE FIGHTING. It emulates perfection in every hand drawn pixel and continues to dominate the Arcade market when concerning the so called OBSOLETE 2-D fighter. The game is HARDLY obsolete. It's still fresh and has stayed true to itself. As Ryu has stated over and over..." Substances always wins over STYLE. " And believe me...Street Fighter is the epitome of Substance.

Joker1237
MK is a comic, I read comic Mortal Kombat 1, Thinks to MKDA.

To bad they did not put in MK2 comic.

Nathaniel Grey
Anyway. Anyone who HASN'T checked out UDON's new Street Fighter series should. It makes more sense of Street Fighter for those of you who're confused by the complex continuity. It's got great stories, great art and FeiLong. Lol. Be like water my friends.

Joker1237
I going for Mortal Kombat.

Dont forget the bosses of the games, I sure That Goro, Kintaro, Shao Khan, Motoro, and the Dragan King whould wimp the floor with the fighters of Street Fighter and there bosses.

Come on what can Bison do to Kintaro?

Or Gill iv Ongna???

Street fighter will get there butts kick.

Nathaniel Grey
You've got to be JOKING. Vega ( American Name: M. Bison ) would simply MURDER each and every one of them with the Psycho Drive. He's one of the MOST powerful villains in the Alpha series as well as SF2. If Goro, Kintaro, Motaro etc. can be defeated by lowly humans in MK, Vega would simply devastate them. And he's low tier compared to Gouki, Gill, Urien, Oro. Even Shao Khan fell to a human fighter. Apparently he's not as invincible at first glance. Gouki has fallen to NO ONE. Same with Oro. They're veritable Gods. And it took GOUKI to kill Vega ( M. Bison ). Not even Ryu had the power to do that. Mortal Kombat just doesn't stack up against SF.

Joker1237
The Psycho drive would be weak vs Kintaro, I thinking you never fought Kintaro on the Super Nes or Sega. If Raidens Topodio is no used against Kintaro(Kintaro keeps thowing Raiden) I see Bison getting thown to.

And Gouki would lose to both Kintaro and Motoro,

Fire balls bounch off Mortoro, Thus making any fire ball move useless vs the 4 legged beast.

And Kintaro would jump on Gouki. Kintaro also has a 6 hit fire ball, which takes a good number of your health. In order to beat Kintaro you need Scoprion's Spear or Subbies ice blast, There is just no other fighter in Mortal Kombat 2 and up that could take down Kintaro.

You need a power move to disable Kintaro, And the Street fighter gang lacks that. Like I said, unless your Subbie or Scorp, your going to lose to Kintaro.

I played both Mortal Kombat and Street fighter. and As of right now Kintaro is the hardest boss in a fighting game there ever was. He is on level of Idol now that I think of it.

SpyCspider
hehehe I dunno...my friend used to be a crazy SF fanatic.....but after I asked him about Oro, etc...he said SF's getting lame with all these new characters. I guess he's not interested anymore. But yea, he's always favored SF's story, fighting, gameplay over MK. I for one, have adapted to button-tapping rather than rolling so MK suits me better.

I think MK verges on being more "mystical" or "surreal" (demons, outworld, gods, sorcerers) that pay homage to various popular cult movies (shaolin films, Big Trouble in Little China, hell MK1's story reminds me exactly of Enter the Dragon--Liu Kang = Bruce Lee, the evil Chinese guy with the claw= Shang Tsung, the white dude proving he's not a fake = Johnny Cage, tournament on an island, even Bolo sounds like Goro). SF to me is more colorful and modern. Chun Li, Guile, DJ, Cammy, Ryu, etc--they all seem to be able to exist in our world today. SF even tries to be realistic by saying how the hadoken is like the exertion of chi similar to blowing a candle out with your hands (as the old series explained). It's definitely a different flavor.

I thought the ninjas in MK got lame as well after the appearance of Smoke in MK2. I thought that should've been the last one...but then Ermac, Rain krept up (yes I spelled it with a "k"wink. Seriously, did the ninjas all get together and decide which color outfits they get to have? :P

Nathaniel Grey
In all seriousness there's no way that Kintaro would be able to withstand a full force assault from Bison's Psycho Crusher. Unlike Rayden's torpedo move which appears to be a mere physical attack accompanied by some energy the Psycho Crusher is both a physical assault as well as a mental one. It feeds off of negative energies within Bison, who's power exceeded the wherewithal of his body, and directly channels them into his foe. Kintaro would be scattered to the four winds after a SINGLE fight with Bison. Hell, Bison would give Shao Khan a run for his money in an all out fight.

You must be insane. You actually believe that Kintaro and Motoro can beat SHIN GOUKI! I agree that they are indeed powerful fighters but thery're no where NEAR the level of Gouki. A single Shungoukusatsu would obliterate both of them. The only people who'd be able to even give Gouki an amusing challenge if that would be any of the MK Gods. And even then they'd have their hands full. Rofl. Kintaro & Motaro vs. Shin Gouki... laughing Good one.

If Kintaro was the MOST difficult Boss you've ever played in a game then perhaps you should try SF3 : Third Strike. Gill would make him look like a light weight.

Joker1237
I had a easy time with Gill he was lame,

Yes Kintaro was the hardest boss I ever fought. Bison I lost to him the first few times, But after getting his CPU patter down, He was easy,(SF2)

I beat Bison on hardest, Now a Human guy would be diff, But I never lost to a human Bison before. My Vega(Claws) seems to over come that.

Kintaro on the other hand, I know his patter, But I still cant beat him unless I Subbie or Scorpion.

I think Kintaro takes down Bison easy.

Kintaro would mop the floor with Grill. He suck.

Joker1237
oh yeah fogot, I put a Kintaro vs Gouki fight as a pick them, They both have power full moves that could drain your life bar in a few hits.

But CPU Gouki still was easy compare to Kintaro. As for a Human Gouki, Yes I can lose to a Human Gouki. As he has super powerfull moves.

But Kintaro's moves are just as powerfull. And Kintaro takes less damage compare to the other MK fighters in MK2.

Nathaniel Grey
Nah. Kintaro was a push over considering the amount of combos that Shin Gouki tends to use throughout the Alpha series. There's no way that Kintaro's clunky and predictable patterns could compare to the monster string combos that Gouki throws at you in the most difficult setting. Not to mention when he finally hits you off with that Shungokusatsu. It's MORE devastating than ANYTHING Kintaro, Shao Khan, Shang Tsung, Motaro has ever unleashed. Street Fighter's insane combinations and fluid motions definitely kill Mortal Kombat 2's stiff characters and uncomfortable button taps. Rolling buttons seems much more natural and fluid a movement than tapping or double tapping them.

Gill was a beast even if he had Buffalo Bills colors. He's one of those characters that just ooze power. Kintaro doesn't even compare man. The second rate Goro just lumbers at you awkwardly throwing his four arms about like he's got an aneurysm. Gill would freeze him, burn him and then smash him into pieces before he'd even come close.

Bison's power is also apparent if you know the Street Fighter series. He's hardly human. I mean he's said to have a soul that's older than imagine and since he shares it with Rose from the Alpha series -- I'm inclined to believe it. Who KNOWS how old he is, man. He was going to use Cammy's body as his own. ( Cammy being a female CLONE of M. Bison. Yes, it's true. ) Kintaro is a low level nothing who eventually LOST to humanity in Mortal Kombat. M. Bison was killed by the Demon GOUKI. Who's tougher now?

Joker1237
Kintaro was killed by Raiden in the story line, Raiden used his God like Powers to zap Kintaro, So no Kintaro was not taken down by a mere human.

And he ant low level. Kintaro had speed. And that Jump he does, You cant Block it, And in most cases it hits. Kintaro has a 6 hit fireball. IF you get hit by his 6 hit fireball, You can kiss about half your life Gone.

Mortoro on the other hand, Fire balls bounch off of him. Gouki own fire balls will bounch off Mortoro and hit Gouki. Mortoro takes it easy. And he also has a fire Ball combo in MK3(They tone him down in the later games) that could take your entire life force if your not careful.

Nathaniel Grey
I stand corrected. I needed to play the game again so that I could properly recall what had occurred. My bad.

Speed over Shin Gouki? Some how I don't see Kintaro at his size out maneuvering Gouki who's ultimately more mobile. And considering the fact that in his own right Gouki is a speed demon, I doubt he'd be easily caught by a 6 hit combination from a beast that in comparison is lacking mobility. As I stated before. It would take one Shungokusatsu to take down BOTH Kintaro and Motaro. The Shungokusatsu ( Instant Hell Murder ) is an unblockable 15 hit SUPER combination which doubles not only Shin Gouki's power but also his speed allowing him to instantly warp forward taking his opponent easily. What happens during the shungokusatsu is that they go to hell. The demons in hell will attack the person even if they're sin free or not. But with evil characters, their past sins will also haunt them on top of the demons attacking them for that split second. So basically the move attacks the foe physically as well as spiritually ( their soul ). And if that person happens to be more evil then the move is ALL that more potent. So Motaro, Kintaro, Shao Khan...are all done for. Shin Gouki would crush them and send them to hell.

Gouki's ( Gou Hadoken ) attacks aren't composed of " fire ". They're an extension of his chi energy which is manifested through his body. So if FIRE bounces off Motaro as you've stated then he's in big trouble facing SHIN Gouki's MESSATSU Gou Hado since nothing he projects is composed of anything remotely resembling fire. Besides the Messatsu Gou Hado is a 4,6,8 hit SUPER Combo which when used at full power is STRONGER and causes more damage than the Shungokusatsu which would ALSO obliterate Motaro.

And if that didn't work, which it WOULD, the TenMa Go-ZanKu ( Demon Great Killing Sky ) would which is another 4,6,8 SUPER Combo that devastates the enemy when used at full or half mast. Motaro and Kintaro are outclassed. SHIN Gouki alone would probably murder half of the Mortal Kombat roster ALONE considering nearly every one of them has committed a SIN that would only fuel the Shungokusatsu. And mind you -- SHIN Gouki is at full power unlike " Gouki " who's holding a great part of his energy back. Two words. OUT CLASSED.

Joker1237
Projection moves bounch off Mortoro, Even SubZeros ice blash bounch of Morotor and freezes Subzero.

Sektors missle back fire on Sektor(And in this case unblockble abecuase of the speed.

ANY projection moved would bounch of Motoro and hit the other guy. Not just fire balls.

Kintaro was very mobile, with that Jump. And that 6 hit fire ball he does, is pretty fast, If you duck it, or jump back you could advoid it.

Kintaro is pretty fast for a big guy.

Nathaniel Grey
Shungokusatsu isn't a " projectile ". It would immediately end Kintaro and Motaro's existance.

Joker1237
that 90 percent move is going to be hard to land though, Kintaro would just jump out of the way, and land on Gouki, Kintaro is much faster than Goro, (I am pretty sure Gouki beats Goro though.)

And Moroto would teleport behind Gouki and that leaves Gouki open for the 100 percent fire ball combo.

6 fires would Juggle Gouki, Teleport, and 3 fire balls would end the match, (I been hit with it a bunch, So I dont recomend useing any air attacks on the 4 legged beast. It does leave you open.)

There is a pause when you do the move, I think Kintaro and Mortoro has the speed and skills to counter it.

Nathaniel Grey
As I stated before. Were it Gouki when he was holding back there might be a good chance that could happen. But SHIN Gouki is WAY too fast and entirely too mobile for large targets such as Kintaro and Motaro to get the better of in speed, agility and mobility. Shin Gouki has all the velocity needed to land his move. It's not like Motaro OR Kintaro are small targets. They are rather LARGE to be moving away from a small and ultimately more agile fighter such as Shin Gouki. And that's when the Shungokusatsu would ravage Motaro and send him to hell in a hand bag.

The Flash
Doesn't Akuma's Shun Goku Gatsu kill anybody who has a thought?

Nathaniel Grey
Yes. It kills anything and everything whether it has a thought or not. The attack has a great advantage since it focus's not only on the adversaries physical body but also destroys the essence, soul if you will, of that individual. It's like being attacked from two different planes of existence at the same time. And in that instant the person's spiritual essence is taken directly to " hell ". Gen is the only one I know of who has survived the assault. He did so by emptying his spiritual essence, heart and mind all in one fail swoop. "Onore wo mu ni suru". "Mu" means emptiness, nothingness and peace. So if you're tuned and focused with your mind, body and spirit then you'd most likely be able to survive the attack. But FEW individuals know that is possible. It'd take a wise and well trained warrior to actually pull off the maneuver. Kintaro and Motaro are lacking in such wisdom and training to bring together their mind, body and spirit to a peace where they could accept their sins and express nobility. They'd die instantly -- I can confidently say that.

Shin Gouki can turn mountains to dust with a single punch. He can sink Islands and obliterate nearly any and everything that crosses his path. Yes, Raiden and the other Gods are immortal. That means they don't age but I'm sure they have an essence which would more than likely be susceptible to the Shungokusatsu. And FYI Kintaro and Motaro are without a doubt great warriors who pose a threat to maybe the lower tier Street Fighters but they aren't even in Gouki's league. One hit from the Shungokusatsu -- that's all it would take.

nakedsnake
YOW DOGS, RYU AND THEM CAN DIE. O.K. IT MAYBE HARD BUT THE MOVES IN MK ARE CRAZY. SUB ZERO ALONE COULD KILL EVERYBODY IN STREETFIGHTER. E A S Y. IT AINT ABOUT THE FIGHTING REALLY. MK CHARACTERS KEEP DIEING AND COMING BACK... STRONGER. HADOKENS ARE THE MOST STREETFIGHTERS DO. MK CHARACTERS LIKE BARAKA CANT LOSE.

Ironman
mortal kombat cause not only do they get fujin and raiden but they have scorpion and sub zero. with their new powers, plus the 13 ninjas plus tremor. and the other 30 or 40 chracters along with shotokahns such as goro and kinttaro and sheeva and centaur motaro, plus the god like shao kahn and the resuerected onaga the dragon king. so street fighter gets umm murdered

Ironman
oh and shin gouki couldnt stand a chance against raiden any way since he died he is much much more powerful almost 100 times more powerful . so raiden takes shin gouki plus the cyber ninjas such as smoke if he was threatend he would blow up the earth therefore ending all existence so no matter what its mk.

Paola
nakedsnake: let go off the caps lock, please

pr1983
yeah they can. while i'd be up for mk i know it'd be some brawl... sub zero on his own couldnt take them all... and whats wrong with a hadoken?

Joker1237
Mortoro would just teleport out out of there. In most cases than not, When I fight Mortoro, I would try to land the drop kick, but the Cpu teleports fast were I miss Mortoro. Has happen to me a few times.

The best way to be Mortoro, is to duck, and time your uppercutt, When Mortoro starts to use his fireballs, Just go close, to him, and duck, The Fire Balls would go right behind you. And when he jumps or go near you, Just uppercut away. Mortoro is pretty fast with out the teleport though.

Nathaniel Grey
So Shin Gouki's Gou Shoryuken and Messatsu Gou Shoryu would ultimately defeat Motaro.

Joker1237
I am begainning to think you think Mortoro would be a easy to task to deal with. And Kintaro to.

I have not got to Ogena yet lol.

Nathaniel Grey
Lol. Motaro and Kintaro vs. Shin Gouki? Yes, I Absolutely believe they'd be an easy task for him to overcome. Onaga a.k.a The Dragon King would most likely pose a greater challenge than either of those lackies.

The Flash
Joker, why are you basing this from the gameplay? MK 'pros' can defeat Mortoro and any other character very fast.

Joker1237
The Sega verson and NES berson of Mortoro was easy, they tone him down on the home verson.

Mortoro played very cheap in the arcade. I can beat him, But I pretty sure he could take out Gouki.
Also On MWT, I was reminded that Mortoro was hard,(He beat me been like over 6 years since I played it)
Kintaro is still pretty tough.

These guys ant just lackies. Kintaro, is still hard to beat in MK2, but MWT did tone Kintaro down a bit, And they up Mortoro on the PS2 game.

Midway Treauses have like 30 something games, plus MK2 and MK3. But were they tone down Kintaro, they up Mortoro on diff.

I take the MWT Mortoro, and the Sega or NES Kintarto as the types to beat Gokui.

Fanboy
Street Fighter will beat them all Mortal Kombat guys.

Ironman
give some freekin reason. any way it wouldnt happen for one sf is an anime world mk is an like fiction world it wouldnt happen plus onaga and kahn wouldnt get along so youd have fights along sides

The Flash
One freakin reason is Akuma's Shun Goku Gatsu.

Lord Ryugen
Street Fighter wins due to the fact there's at least four characters who can be possessed by the dark Hadou and quite a few that have extraordinary mental powers.

Ironman
you have no proof how do you know they win wow some kung pow chicken goku vegeta kamehameha blast wow! raiden and fujin are gods GODS. you know the up above the being that create beings so theyd wipe out any people who oppose them

jinzin
okay I'm just going to say that Mortal Kombat would "overall" rape street fighter end of story,,,,,,Bison may be one tough sob but he hit RYU twice with the "psycho driver' attack and ryu still kicked his ass and this was when ryu was still mastering his skills. I love ryu and think that he would be taking out MK characters left and right but as soon as he got to more powerful ones like subs or scorpion, or shaokahn, he would be screwed. Like iron man said the robots alone could annhilate the entire world if they desired, and I really don't think the sf characters can really combat that. Akuma's bad but if scorpion drop him into the netherrealm he's SOL and that;s just the truth of the matter, (practically anyone would be). MK power levels etc are just far above that of SF OVERALL......How can a bunch of street fighters (the name says it all) beat god's, undead ninjas, sorcerers, cybernetic world obliterating ninjas, a kung fu dragon that can stand up to raiden, quan chi, and shang sung all at once, and a ninja who takes out gods on a semi-regular basis,,,,,,,,,they can't that's just ridiculous.

SpyCspider
like i said before, MK seems more into the mystic realm while SF attempts to, or at least used to be more "real-life." Obviously, all SF powers aren't very realistic either (hadokens, sonic booms, psycho power, Shungokusatsu, etc); however, SF attempts to explain what those powers mean and how they arise--it's an important part of the character. MK never made a big deal to explain why supposedly "humans" such as Subzero can harness ice powers, why Liu Kang can shoot fireballs, or why Johnny Cage can shoot green balls of light...and I'm not even mentioning the obviously outwordly characters such as Scorpion, Mileena, Sindel, Shang Tsung, etc. For SF's side, as soon as they introduced Akuma, I think they are beginning to touch on the mysticism as well. But the KEY to SF's fighting engine is just that....incredible combos and martial art skills while most people in MK are fascinated by special abilities (teleportation, acid spits, magic energy doo-da) as well as the gore. I bet if you ask anyone who plays MKDA or MKDeception, learning the incredible new combos is fun but using the special abilities is what makes the fighter even better.

Maybe the reason why most people think MK would own SF is cuz of that...the games are much more lethal and bloody in MK so the fighters seem more deadly. Lots can be attributed to the way the game is shown--SF is more colorful anime, MK used to use real-life models for their characters so it looks more of an adult, violent game. Ok, technically, Bowser Koopa can probably stomp, roast, swallow any SF or MK character, but since he's so colorful, all you wanna do is jump on his head as if he's lovable--I'm exaggerating but you get my point. =P

Ironman
lol jump on bowser,

Cosmic Cube
Zangief would grab Shang Tsung and do a

FINAL...
ATOMIC....
BUSTER!!
smashing his little deceitful head into tiny bits.

Then he'd do the same to Quan Chi.

Cosmic Cube
Dhalsim would start spewing fire, killing Subzero, Sonya, Jax and, Johnny Cage. Dee-Jay would beat Shao Khan to death with his Maracas. Vega would go around scratching MK'ers with that claw like a sissy, and Guile would use a Sonic Boom Hurricane to take out Cyrax, Noob Saibot, Ermac, and Scorpion.

Ironman
yeah right ok your done cosmic ok mk chracters wouldnt let that happens plus guile couldnt touch noob and smoke and scorpion

Cosmic Cube
I know... But street Fighter's better.

Cosmic Cube
lol

Evil_Ryu
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

quote:
Originally posted by Joker1237
Kintaro was killed by Raiden in the story line, Raiden used his God like Powers to zap Kintaro, So no Kintaro was not taken down by a mere human.

I stand corrected. I needed to play the game again so that I could properly recall what had occurred. My bad.

quote:
And he ant low level. Kintaro had speed. And that Jump he does, You cant Block it, And in most cases it hits. Kintaro has a 6 hit fireball. IF you get hit by his 6 hit fireball, You can kiss about half your life Gone.

Speed over Shin Gouki? Some how I don't see Kintaro at his size out maneuvering Gouki who's ultimately more mobile. And considering the fact that in his own right Gouki is a speed demon, I doubt he'd be easily caught by a 6 hit combination from a beast that in comparison is lacking mobility. As I stated before. It would take one Shungokusatsu to take down BOTH Kintaro and Motaro. The Shungokusatsu ( Instant Hell Murder ) is an unblockable 15 hit SUPER combination which doubles not only Shin Gouki's power but also his speed allowing him to instantly warp forward taking his opponent easily. What happens during the shungokusatsu is that they go to hell. The demons in hell will attack the person even if they're sin free or not. But with evil characters, their past sins will also haunt them on top of the demons attacking them for that split second. So basically the move attacks the foe physically as well as spiritually ( their soul ). And if that person happens to be more evil then the move is ALL that more potent. So Motaro, Kintaro, Shao Khan...are all done for. Shin Gouki would crush them and send them to hell.

quote:
Mortoro on the other hand, Fire balls bounch off of him. Gouki own fire balls will bounch off Mortoro and hit Gouki. Mortoro takes it easy. And he also has a fire Ball combo in MK3(They tone him down in the later games) that could take your entire life force if your not careful.

Gouki's ( Gou Hadoken ) attacks aren't composed of " fire ". They're an extension of his chi energy which is manifested through his body. So if FIRE bounces off Motaro as you've stated then he's in big trouble facing SHIN Gouki's MESSATSU Gou Hado since nothing he projects is composed of anything remotely resembling fire. Besides the Messatsu Gou Hado is a 4,6,8 hit SUPER Combo which when used at full power is STRONGER and causes more damage than the Shungokusatsu which would ALSO obliterate Motaro.

And if that didn't work, which it WOULD, the TenMa Go-ZanKu ( Demon Great Killing Sky ) would which is another 4,6,8 SUPER Combo that devastates the enemy when used at full or half mast. Motaro and Kintaro are outclassed. SHIN Gouki alone would probably murder half of the Mortal Kombat roster ALONE considering nearly every one of them has committed a SIN that would only fuel the Shungokusatsu. And mind you -- SHIN Gouki is at full power unlike " Gouki " who's holding a great part of his energy back. Two words. OUT CLASSED.

BRAVO MAN BRAVO COULDNT HAVE DONE IT ENE BETTER THATS A MAN WHO KNOWS HIS STUFF LOL GOUKI KILLS ALL HE RULES SO DOES EVIL RYU WOULD MOP THE FLOOR WITH HALF OF EM ENEWAY GO STF!!!!!

Lord-of-Dreams
It's allMK. Raiden walks in, sees Kobra fooling (the sissiest fighter ever to appear in the game) and he goes crazy on everyone, including Kobra. Sub. arrives and decides that Raiden can't have all the fun, and joines in. Same story for several other fighters. But in th end, ten street fighter is getting bashed by one dude. I know, I have the site (email me if you wanna know more. Please, we really need members, as we have none- [email protected])

Silverknight
Street Fighter hands down

mr.smiley
after reading this again,i have to almost say this match will pretty much be shin akuma vs most the mk universe.That being said,he'll take out most of them and ryu and ken could probably take out a good bit themselves.

so oh yea.sf wins without a doubt.

brainchild81
Ditto

mr.smiley
?

Xplosive
Ryu, Bison, Gen, Oro, they would overpower any MK fighters form Earth Realm, and also those foru would easily overpower Shao Kahn, Shao Kahn has enver clsoe shown such pwoers as Akuma, Oro, Dark Ryu (but now Ryu in games is already powerful as Dark Ryu), they have also Sagat who would overpower any MK fighter from Earth Realm.

brainchild81
Don't forget Ken. When Ken gets up close they'll all be @ his mercy.

Xplosive
Originally posted by brainchild81
Don't forget Ken. When Ken gets up close they'll all be @ his mercy.

And also Ken would beat any MK fighter from Earth Realm, hey, no Shao Kahn pucnh shown such power punch as Ken shroyken.

CorderaMitchell
SHIN AKUMA AND EVIL RYU ENOUGH SAID.

AKUMA HAS PUNCHED DOWN ISLANDS.

RYU FIREBALLS BREAK TIDAL WAVES. NEATO

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
SHIN AKUMA AND EVIL RYU ENOUGH SAID.

AKUMA HAS PUNCHED DOWN ISLANDS.

RYU FIREBALLS BREAK TIDAL WAVES. NEATO

The misogi drop splits air as it lands, and comes out qicker than I can hear him say "okkanaui", or whatever.

Hoshi
thats right , dark hadou and shin akuma destroy any mk characters , and ken , gen , oro , gill and m bison (Vega ) would destroy all of them if ryu and akuma is having any difficult.

CorderaMitchell
Amen

mr.smiley
They should make a crossover comic book of this

CorderaMitchell
I was looking for this thread, but there are too many mk fanatics who know nothing about street fighter.

Hoshi
agree

Xplosive
I was looking for this thread, but there are too many mk fanatics who know nothing about street fighter.

Agree

mikedgravity
It will come down to scorpion vs classic guile.and guile destroys with his quick jab/backfist combo.

CorderaMitchell
Shin Akuma gets beat by Sonya in some peoples minds.

Hoshi
must be al litle crazy

CorderaMitchell
or ignorant.

CorderaMitchell
perhaps just in deniallamolamolamo

dvampire
The Street Fighter characters have way to many powerhouses like Oro (a guy thats a thats over a 140 years old, he comes from Japanese ancestry. This guy is so powerful he seals his power and fight with one arm. He defeated Ryu with little effort and hes now training him. So it will be a Street Fighter 4), Urien (his skin is made out of Iron and he posess incredible energy), Necro (a humanoid weapon with superhumanly elastic body, a strange built-in power generator that allows him to use eletrical current, and a cybernetic computer in his brain helps give him superhuman fighting abilities), Twelve (the Ultimate humanoid weapon designed to be a stronger version of Necro, it has a fluid, shape shifting body. With its protean body, and Twelves unique combat style is based on constantly changing forms to become the optimal weapon for any given situation. It also have the ability to copy every aspect of an opponent inclulding appearance and abilities, giving it unimaginable power). smile

CorderaMitchell
don't tell them all of that valuable true information.

dvampire
don't tell them all of that valuable true information.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>