Halo 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mist
An extract from megagames.com:

Description
A very sharp MegaGames reader, with a lot of free time on his hands, has pointed us in the direction of an official Microsoft page which gives away some information regarding the future of Halo. Considering the unparalleled sales success of Halo 2, you don't have to be a nuclear scientist to figure out that Microsoft will definitely mine for some more Halo gold.

Details of MS plans for Halo 3 however, have been scarce and many questions remain unanswered. When will development begin on the third game? Will the third installment appear only for XBox 2? The information provided does offer some hints about what we can expect from Halo 3.

Ironically the information regarding Halo 3 comes from MS CEO, Steve Ballmer, discussing how secure and leak proof, Microsoft's Information Rights Management for the Office system is. The comments were made on October 21, 2003 during the MS Office System 2003 launch. In order to demonstrate the security properties of the Office System, Ballmer proceeds to give an example We're working on the next version -- I hate to tell you this confidentially but I'll have to swear you to secrecy now -- we're working on the next version of Xbox right now and we're working on Halo 2 and Halo 3, the two newest versions of the game.

Now, the plan for those things are super, super secret, top secret type stuff. I mean, they really are, in fact, because if you take a look at our competition with Sony it's a big chess game -- who's going to do what. And the team said, 'Look, we want to send out the documents about this, but we really only want them to go to very few people.' They sent those documents and the e-mail around that protected with Information Rights Management. I got the document. I couldn't print it. I was not allowed. They didn't give me permission to print it. I couldn't Print Screen it. They didn't want to give me permission to do that. I couldn't forward it and when I replied to it, it stripped everything out of the original e-mail so that there was not a trace, not a place for leakage in the system.

What the above comments tell us, bearing in mind they were made over a year ago, is that Halo 3 is already over a year in its development and was, in fact, being developed almost in parallel to Halo 2. The mention of the next XBox and the timing on Halo 3's development suggest that the game will most likely be a launch partner for XBox Next, just like its granddaddy was for XBox.

All these are things we could, more or less, guess I hear you say. True but it's always nice to hear it from official lips, they don't come any more official than Steve Ballmer, but it is also interesting to find out that MS was developing Halo 2 and 3 in parallel. The other re-assuring aspect is that Microsoft may have finally created a full-proof Information Rights Management system which however, is not fool-proof.

Mist
Halo 3 for xbox 2! YEAH!!!

JKozzy
Well, who didn't see that coming stick out tongue

But, if they were being developed at the same time... one would think that they would possibly be for the same system. Which, with the date at the end of H2, possibly could be the release of H3, however unlikely. A bold move that would be, though.

forumcrew
yea wouldnt make much sense to develop 2 games together for different systems would take away the advantage of developing them together..

it would be like when they filmed the LOTR movies together if one was gnna be for film and one was gonna be a play or something..

(ok maybe not the best analogy but you get the idea)

Unholy_Cheese
The smart thing to do with the next Xbox would for Microsoft to design some sort of expansion to the Xbox. It would make you spend more money, buy a Xbox then have to upgrade it to Xbox 2, unless you already have a xbox. And it would make more people happier, especially if you just bought a frigin Xbox a month before. It would also be a good step for Microsoft competing against Sony.

Too bad they wont...

Yeah i heard that thing in 2003, about halo 2 and 3 both being in production at the same time, but i knew they were going to re-schedule it. Like they will again

dark1365
If it's for Xbox 2...I'll only have to rent it sad Don't have money right now.

There is going to be a new Covenant race.(80% sure).
Read the 'Coversations from the Universe' thing.
"Soon we will be able to use the 'Sanquoi'..."
Whoever the hell they are. Not good. And I have a feeling we'll be seeing their Jellyfish-lookin' Engineers.
The Ark is on Earth (DUHHH).
Hopefully the Elites and Humans will give up the grudge, and rally against the Brutes..

Runing_Assailnt
I just read it, thanks for the advice dark.
The last letter is to the Chief, from someone named Cassandra. You think she might be a surviving Spartan? After all , she was undergoing skin graft surgery(what sounded like) probably from plasma burns(on Reach)?
And it's Sharquoi, not San.
i dunno if the Elites and Humans will ally so easily.

WindDancer
No surprises here as far as Halo 3 and Xbox 2. It is bound to happen and personally is fine by me. I had already made plans to buy the new console so that I could fully mod my old Xbox. And I think is the best thing. Mod your old Xbox and buy the Xbox 2 so that you can enter Xbox live without the risk of getting kick out. Of course is not that cheap (or that expensive) so I'm going through the whole plan.

Mist
i know there were no surprises about halo 3 on xbox 2, but i posted this to show the news about hao 2 and 3 being deveopled together. they probably did that to make it easier for them to get the game out on time. come on, look how long we all had to wait for halo 2. if they develop maybe the engine and all the meat of the game now, when the xbox 2 is ready, all they have to do is fill in the blanks like graphics, sounds, etc...

Unholy_Cheese
I reckon they were bluffing. Why would they both be in production at the same time?

Mist
read the above post. would you rather them make the chunk of the game now, and wait only a few months for them to scrape the leftovers together for xbox 2 release, or wait 2-3 years for them to completly finish the game? makes sense.

dark1365
Scrap. No doubt....don't want to wait another... what, three years?

darthbabb
they should keep it at 2 the first one i belive is better than the second- -just an opinion not trying to upset anyone-

The JackHammer
Well Then...Have At It.........................Im Hungry (leaves for food)............................(58 mins later)........Well.......Um.......Im Hungry(leavs again)....................(2 weeks later).....Ok so Halo 3 Right?.....Halo 2...Nice...Xbox 2 *Faints and Drools*

Fun Talkin

~JackHammer~

dave123
laughing out loud apparently xbox 2 is gonna be called the nextbox or something like that...

what the hell where they thinking? What the f**k?

dark1365
That is the lamest name I have ever heard in the history of videogaming. Unless of course, you include some strange videogame titles, such as "Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth."
I can only understand 2/3 of the words in the title. How sad.

darth-yoda
hey this is a place were you can say what you want in halo 3

so here gose heres somthings i want

minigun for master chife

jackal sheild

new covernant members

hand to hand

quad bike

thats all i have for now

Red Superfly
1. Openeing scene - Master Chief waking up and realising Halo 2: Starring The Little Shop Of Horrors Plant was all just a dream. Either that or you get to blow it up. Their call.

2. The story is actually good this time.

3. The MIDDLE of the game is actually fun and in no part back-tracks or makes you idly run down linear corridors shooting wave after wave or boredom. You know, like that last two did.

4. And end of game boss that DOESN'T:
- make you run backwards in a place full of boxes/frustration
- Remind me of a poor version of Doom bosses.
- suck ass.

5. In multiplayer, trash talkers get their lovespuds electrocuted.

6. Open ended missions/more sandbox feel to the game, like the superb beach landing level from the first game.

7. More gameplay, less contrived lame story. Get rid of Arbiter and just gimme Master Chief with the sword and cloaking device dammit.

8. No more lame alien weapons. ALIEN WEAPONS SUCK (not including the sword).

StinkFist462
longer, BETTER story.

no more convenant levels (well, they can still fight by my side but i hated playing as the arbiter)

new weapons (of course)

more beilievable areas (alien or not, those last few levels were just ridiculous)

no more of this rushing into combat. actually have to use some stealth tactics.

Ast Rofan
More insane cutscenes like the bomb scene.

An actual ending.

Bigger scale to recreate a war effect.

Include all the discarded H2 warthog concepts.

Less, floating robot balls.

DarkCanadian
Some sort of Castle Seige(like Helm's Deep)
Cortana, Johnson, back.
Arbiter teamed with Chief
Ablility to dual weild with a Jackal shield
Better cutscenes
Fuel Rod Gun in Multiplayer
The ability to pilot the Shadow, the Pelican, and the Phantom
New enemies

General Zodiac
1= Don't make it easy
2= Start off where Halo 2 ended and make it just as hard
3= See a huge battle between Elites and Brutes
4= Able to use Jackal shields
5= A huge last mission

Hit_and_Miss
1) No more silly marines shouting how they just killed a grunt... or trash talking enemies I just killed....

2) More secrets, though not like the crappy skulls... WOO its blinded me... thats great....

3) create a big stunt area for you to do more crazy driving in the warthog...

4) A pure aerial combat lvl on multiplayer

5) No more silly one hit kill weapons, things like the sword should run out in multiplayer

6) More spartans in the game.... Everywhere almost as many as the flood...

7) The ability to do damage to guilty spark up, "Oh I am a genius"

8) A lvl where Samus lands losses all her stuff and then begs you to help her get it back. She could replace the arbitor there both just as useless.....

General Zodiac
Master Chief is the last Spartan

darth-yoda
yep master chife is the last spartan there was a lot of tehm but they died john is the only one left

dave123
Halo 1, but better.... ignore most of the Halo 2 crap they added happy

RedAlertv2
Multiplyer is already good, they just need a good SP. Halo one was Ok
campaign-wise, but Halo 2 was jsut boring and repetitive.

General Zodiac
What crap did they add in Halo 2? Duel weapons was awesome. Highjacking a ghost or banshee was sweet. Beam Swords were cool. Scopes of Assault Rifle is great. Warthogs got a cool cannon. You can play as the Arbiter and learn more about the Covenant. I fail to see what's wrong here.

DarkCanadian
Whoever says that the MC is the last spartan obviously has not read First Strike.......there are four other Spartans, but they don't make an appearance in Halo 2.

SaTsuJiN
I was really hoping for the ATV.. and have a passenger get on behind you, hold on with his legs and can dual wield fire freely.. it could be the human version of the ghost (if you take away the passenger just add a light minigun mount)

cking
I would want the things bungie said about halo two was going to have but never did. like the many many vehicles and also the ability to shoot down a covenant air ship which was suppose to be in halo 2

darth-yoda
master chife is the last spartan it says so in the halo 1 game book im sure it dose he is the last spartan

DarkCanadian
Originally posted by darth-yoda
master chife is the last spartan it says so in the halo 1 game book im sure it dose he is the last spartan
That was BEFORE first strike was published.

Red Superfly
Oh I'd also like tjem to sort out the hijacking feature.

I dunno about you guys, but I thought it was amazing awkward to hijack moving vehicles, mainly because aiming and hijacking both required the same thumb. You always had to let go of the right stick in order to hit the hijack button, meaning you're aim was left facing wherever you last left it. It was such a pain in the behind.

darth-yoda
ohh ok iv only read the dfirst half of the fall of reach sorry anyway maybe a air human vehical something for the humans to fight the banshess

cking
actually john had found another spartan Linda that was still frozen and he found more on planet reach in parts the covenant didn't destroy. however most died when they have encountered the brutes themselves, almost john himself.

Darth_Frobo
Linda,John,fred,will,vinh five spartans, but as for what I want

Closure.Damnit give me a story with an actual ending. mind you halo 2's was cool...
The flamethrower
a backwards grenade throw
less arbiter
more gravemind
No more tracking on the plasma pistol or at least less
a limited amount of swings for the sword in multiplayer
more open single player levels

that's all I can think of, maybe some cool animations when you assasinate someone i don't know.

SnakeEyes
Okay, let me give it a go:

-Bring back the health! Seriously, I hated the aspect of only shields... it pissed me off, especially in Multiplayer.
-Have an actual ending, like Frobo said above.
-More Master Chief, less Arbiter.
-More diverse maps...

DarkCanadian
Screw the health.I liked only shields better.

SaTsuJiN
yeah its more fun not having a health readout

I'd also like them to have different levels of jumping.. like a quick hop, or a long jump that has a cooldown time.. cuz these current anti-grav floating jumps just make you sniper food

and since they have vehicle hijacking.. why not weapon disarms? (but make it difficult)

DarkC
A sprint button, dagnabbit.

But disabled in multiplayer and Legendary.

Arbiter
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Okay, let me give it a go:

-Bring back the health! Seriously, I hated the aspect of only shields... it pissed me off, especially in Multiplayer.
-Have an actual ending, like Frobo said above.
-More Master Chief, less Arbiter.
-More diverse maps...
Halo 3 starts off where Halo 2 ended.

Darth_Frobo
I want my flamethrower!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arbiter
Why? Flamethrowers suck. Give me a rocket launcher any day and I'll blast a few brutes and elites away.

JLRTENJAC
1. I want to be able to play as a flood in multi-player.
2. A FLAME THROWER! (They were going to put one in but couldn't get it to work.
3. More types of "The Flood"
OH AND IF I HAVE TO PLAY AS THE ARBITER AGAIN I WILL SCREAM!

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Arbiter
Why? Flamethrowers suck. Give me a rocket launcher any day and I'll blast a few brutes and elites away.

It'll be fun to watch some grunts burning, and running around screaming their heads off and then die! evil face

darth-yoda
ok i had this idea me and my mate were discussing it on live you should have a reward sceem such as after 50 wins u unlock another player modle for multiplayer and for people without live after you have beat the game twice you unlock one and then twice again you unlock another and so on same with the wins after 50 then 100 then 150 and so on

JLRTENJAC
hmmm... Cool... OH I GOT IT A BRUTE! YES A BRUTE! OR A GRUNT... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. big grin

JLRTENJAC
Actually the grunts are pretty funny though.

darth-yoda
yeah sort of first you get a grunt then a drone then a jackal then a brute then a marine then a hunter

DaRk Lotus

Why a flamethrower I'll tell you why cuz you get to play with FIRE!!! Happy Dance

darth-yoda
i now have an image of a grunt running about on fire screamming fiiiiierrrrrrrrrrrrr

JLRTENJAC
big grin Yes a Grunt on fire! That is THE BEST THING I'VE HEARD OF!

darth-yoda
can u imagin him running round like they do when you stick stickes on them shouting fire ahhahahahahah taht is my halo dream

JLRTENJAC
HA HA HA! YES I WANT IT TO BE IN THE GAME! GREAT, GREAT!

SaTsuJiN
I would enjoy dismemberment.. say if you get sniped in the arm.. your arm rips clean off... same for sword.. make it leave a huge burning gash in the armor.. but then I guess it would get marked AO huh?.. messed

JLRTENJAC
*gets out his Flame thrower, and burns some grunts* WOOOO! YEEEEEEEEEA! WATCH THEM RUN AROUND, AND AROUND, AND AROUND, Oh shoot they are dead... OOH THERE'S SOME MORE!...................................... To be continued... maybe. evil face

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I would enjoy dismemberment.. say if you get sniped in the arm.. your arm rips clean off... same for sword.. make it leave a huge burning gash in the armor.. but then I guess it would get marked AO huh?.. messed

Be cool to watch it happen to eliets... OR GRUNTS... YEA... sorry I love watching grunts in pain... evil face

Darkstorm Zero
Needs more vehicles - Alot more.

Oh and more weapons too (Flamethrowers)

More character choices and definitely a bigger cast

A new enemy force would be very cool

JLRTENJAC
hmm... I want it to go more in-depth about grave mind... I still don't know what it is. I think it's a flood.

Darkstorm Zero
Isn't it that giant plant thing?

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Isn't it that giant plant thing?

Yes

darth-yoda
maybe the flood juggenaurt and another faction fighting like a group of earthlings that follow the teachings of the prophets

Arbiter
How about we just start where Halo 2 left off. Why would humans be fighting for the Covenant when they are trying to whip out mankind? They're even killing off the Elites which I say will be their downfall because I think in Halo 3 it will be Elites vs. Brutes vs. Marines.

darth-yoda
the humans would be with the coovernant becaus ethe have been convinced into the myth of the great journy

dAngEr_Is_gO!
The Elites rock. I loved playing as the Arbitor and leading a team of Elites and Hunters into battle against those filthy Brutes.
I think Halo 3 only needs a couple of new vehicles. The existing roster of vehicles are quite good. It would be nice to have some kind of Covenent bomber where you could fly over the battlefield and rain havok on them.
New enemies never go astray, either does having a secondary fire mode on the weapons.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
The Elites rock. I loved playing as the Arbitor and leading a team of Elites and Hunters into battle against those filthy Brutes.
I think Halo 3 only needs a couple of new vehicles. The existing roster of vehicles are quite good. It would be nice to have some kind of Covenent bomber where you could fly over the battlefield and rain havok on them.
New enemies never go astray, either does having a secondary fire mode on the weapons.

But you do know that the covenant would use that same Vehicle... now a human bomber would be awesome... or maybe a human-equivilant of the banshee... or maybe a long-sword fighter. evil face

JLRTENJAC
What about a new covenant, OOH THE ENGINEERS. MAN THOSE THINGS ARE AWESOME! They wouldn't do a thing to you but, you could just kill them... just incase you get bored.

Or breakable weapons. Or you can blow out tires... like they advertised for halo 2, a more distructable enviroment... I'll be back with more ideas.

Arbiter
Play as a Hunter in a little mini-mission or something. More Elites, Grunts, and Hunters vs. Brutes, Jackals, and Drones (Because this is basically the downfall of the Covenant)

JLRTENJAC
How about some zero-Grav missions... If they get the controls good they could be pretty cool.

stingray005
Less arbitor, more master chief
Get rid of the drones (they didn't seem like covenant to me )
Learn more about the flood/gravemind
Have a huge epic battle sequence on earth
Melee combos
Have an earth level based on the 10 min trailer that came out
Be able to destroy covenant dropships
Smarter marines (when I decided to gun on the warthog, they'd always bump into walls or get stuck)
Focus more on single player than multiplayer
Add the transport version of the warthog (saw it in concept art)
Get rid of the glitches in the cut scenes
And finally.... show PS3 fans that the XBOX 360 is awesome!

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by stingray005
Less arbitor, more master chief
Get rid of the drones (they didn't seem like covenant to me )
Learn more about the flood/gravemind
Have a huge epic battle sequence on earth
Melee combos
Have an earth level based on the 10 min trailer that came out
Be able to destroy covenant dropships
Smarter marines (when I decided to gun on the warthog, they'd always bump into walls or get stuck)
Focus more on single player than multiplayer
Add the transport version of the warthog (saw it in concept art)
Get rid of the glitches in the cut scenes
And finally.... show PS3 fans that the XBOX 360 is awesome!

Yea
Nah
Yea
Yea
Shure
Yea
Yes
Yes
Yes
Huh?
Yes
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(My opinions are in the order that stingray005 said his)

Nactous
You know nothing of the concept for Halo 2 Jac. There was like 6 different wart hogs. *Spits on copy of Halo 2* It should be what this "thing" was going to be. One of the biggest let-downs of all time.

Nactous
BTW, Jac, Cheif hasnt found the Ark yet.

DarkC
Originally posted by JLRTENJAC
How about some zero-Grav missions... If they get the controls good they could be pretty cool.
There was a brief moment of low grav in Halo 2, when Arbiter cuts the last cable. It was so funny...you jumped, and died.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Nactous
BTW, Jac, Cheif hasnt found the Ark yet.

It's Obvious that the ship that was in High Charity was the Ark...

DarkC
Nah, it's probably on Earth.

darth-yoda
the ark IMO is earth or maybe a nother earth somthing built by the forerunners because me and jedi janitor who is away at the mo have a huge thyore on who the forrunners are

Arbiter
Let's see what Master Chief looks like.

JLRTENJAC
Hmmm... I've never thought of it that way... The only reason I think that ship is the ARK is because it was a forerunner ship and... but who knows... I guess we'll findout when Halo 3 comes out.

DarkC
No, it can't be the Ark. Because they would've used it long ago. Maybe it's the key or something.

darth-yoda
chife looks like a normal human with blonde buzz cut

JLRTENJAC
chife looks like a normal human with blonde buzz cut

Chief has brown hair.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by DarkC
No, it can't be the Ark. Because they would've used it long ago. Maybe it's the key or something.

Good point... That makes sence.

darth-yoda
ok sorry i must of mis read it its been a while since i read FOR

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by DarkC
No, it can't be the Ark. Because they would've used it long ago. Maybe it's the key or something. who would've used it?.. the covenant?.. they dont even listen to what "The oracle" has to say about it being a weapon.. why would they listen about the rings being activated by an arc on earth?... or did you mean the forerunners? o_o

Arbiter
How would you fell if someone told you that everything you believed in was false?

Nactous
It's Obvious that the ship that was in High Charity was the Ark...

How so?

choosewisely
maybe an option to chose your way....like star wars

War_Lord
I think a little minimission where you get to play as a Hunter or Brute or fly around in a Phantom would be cool.

Shadow_Star
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

DarkC
The reason why I think that the Ark is or Earth is because in one of Chief's missions(I can't remember which one, I think it was Regret, in the underwater elevator.) Cortana says something about the Heirarchs being suprised that there was humanity on Earth.

And in Conversations from the Universe, a journal entry describes an alien structure unearthed in Coral.

JLRTENJAC
How so?

Well I'm not so sure about this any more, but when the arbiter stoped Delta Halo from firing and 343 Guilty Spark said that the Rings could be activated from The ark, that the ship that it went to was the ark... but I could be wrong.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by choosewisely
maybe an option to chose your way....like star wars

If you mean like in KOTOR... no

PRINCE XIZOR
I dont think that there should be any new members to the covenent army, as the war has been raging for 32 years with no trace of a brute or drone, and then the army gets both in halo 2. oh yeah. I wanna see a grunt-flood, as you only see elite, human and carrier forms. why not grunts jackals drones, and brutes? not hunters as they are too scary on legendary and i dont fancy fighting a zombiefied hunter.

stingray005
I thought that the carrier forms were actually grunts, and maybe the thing that killed Captain Keyes was actually a hunter...

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by stingray005
I thought that the carrier forms were actually grunts, and maybe the thing that killed Captain Keyes was actually a hunter...

No, Keyes was in a kind of a cuccoon, and the carrier form is like an old flood, that's about to die. either that or a pregnant flood.

Nactous
Well I'm not so sure about this any more, but when the arbiter stoped Delta Halo from firing and 343 Guilty Spark said that the Rings could be activated from The ark, that the ship that it went to was the ark... but I could be wrong.

Oh, so if you see a forerunner ship, its automaticlly the Ark? Please Jac, check your thoughts.

JLRTENJAC
Hey It made since to me... But I guess we'll find out in HALO 3. But the other stuff makes since too, Exept for the ark being Earth That just sounds too mutch like The Hitcher's Guide To The Galaxy.

Arbiter
Maybe Earth has like a map to where the Ark is at or something. And what about that giant thing that had Master Chief and Arbiter (Saved their lives) what is that like the Flood creator or something?

Nactous
Hey It made since to me... But I guess we'll find out in HALO 3. But the other stuff makes since too, Exept for the ark being Earth That just sounds too mutch like The Hitcher's Guide To The Galaxy.

I have the feeling, that come June, you will be.....wrong.

JLRTENJAC
Who knows, I just want to play the game, Kill somemore brutes, AND HOPEFULLY BURN SOME GRUNTS. evil face

Nactous
I still have that feeling.

Hit_and_Miss
There are some Spartans still alive I forget who,(over 2years since i read the books) they are probably dead now, but there could be more... Without the books we don't know if more people ever got started in the spartan project... they could have spartan mk2 out....

Arbiter
I hope not. Master Chief should be the last SPARTAN alive in Halo 3 so when he defeats the Covenant it will be so much cooler since all the other failed and he didn't.

Hit_and_Miss
I like the book tales more as I find them the more pausable and interesting look on the conflict. I urge people who have not read them but like halo to check them out... They give away more of the Halo story line then you realise! The covenant made alot of advances due to cortana.. you could argue without cortana the world would be a safer place!!!

cortana and her lack of respect for the cole protocal!

JLRTENJAC
Yea, but you have to admit Chief couldn't have destroyed Halo with out her... but I do agree that anyone who hasn't read the books should.

OH... before I forget Darth Yoda I love you'r sig... I wish I could make one for my name... but I haven't found a good picture yet. sad

Hit_and_Miss
lol if it wasn't for cortana no one would of found the rings....

JLRTENJAC
Yea that too... Cortana has practally saved the galaxy... with alittle help from the chief.

Arbiter
The chief was just about to activate the ring untill Cortana came to save the day.

Hit_and_Miss
In the books MC found a forerunner item. which gave the coordinates for the halo rings. No one could translate the item, till cortana did. when the pillar of autumn came under attack she decided to jump to one of the address's she got from the forerunners. thats when the covenant found the rings by following the POA. The covenant also didn't know the location of earth. I think cortana gave that to them as well. she also gave them the ability to jump to slipstream inside of planets atmospheres. like they did in halo2 destroying alot of the planet.

I think cortana is working for the covenant. Most of the things MC does is to cover for cortanas mistakes....lol

Nactous
It is a conspericy.

JLRTENJAC
The chief was just about to activate the ring untill Cortana came to save the day.

Yea, that's true.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
In the books MC found a forerunner item. which gave the coordinates for the halo rings. No one could translate the item, till cortana did. when the pillar of autumn came under attack she decided to jump to one of the address's she got from the forerunners. thats when the covenant found the rings by following the POA. The covenant also didn't know the location of earth. I think cortana gave that to them as well. she also gave them the ability to jump to slipstream inside of planets atmospheres. like they did in halo2 destroying alot of the planet.

I think cortana is working for the covenant. Most of the things MC does is to cover for cortanas mistakes....lol

I don't think so... She just disregarde protocal too mutch... and the covenant were allready on halo before the humans arrived... atleast they knew of them because if you listen to Regret on Delta halo when you lower the bridge, He says that if they hadn't have found proof of the "sacret rings" that the prophets and elietes would still be at eachother's throughts. No I think the covenant allready knew of, and were at Halo. The covenant discovered the location when Cortonna met the first covenant AI I beleave that it downloadad it from her. and enter slipspace inside citys? what makes you think that cortonna knew how to do that?

Hit_and_Miss
no they wern't they knew of its existance but didn't know where at otherwise they would of activated them, and gone on the great journey. Cortana did invent it and the calculations required to do so were then stolen by the covenant AI, I know this cause the book very clearly says so.

Nactous
Yo, Hit and Miss, someone's bashing Halo, want to help us put him in his place?

JLRTENJAC
Same goes to you Darth yoda.

Hit_and_Miss
nactous whos bashing halo??? send up a link

DarkC
Yo, Hit and Miss, someone's bashing Halo, want to help us put him in his place?
How dare he?!

Hit_and_Miss
there will be no halo bashing on my watch!

TicTactoe
Yep, word.

Arbiter
Who's Halo bashing?

JLRTENJAC
nactous whos bashing halo??? send up a link

Nac's been banned by getting in a fight with the Halo-basher (The basher was banned too.) Both of them got 3 days. Name: DSA Vader (Was once Vader 476)

JLRTENJAC
News...

Bungie Expands for Halo 3
The company grows staff in anticipation of the next generation.
by David Clayman
March 7, 2005 - On its Website last week, Bungie Studios publicized it's growing its staff for development on the third and supposedly last chapter in the Halo trilogy, Halo 3.

In a correction of the original story written by the Seattlepi.com, Bungie did not announce its plans to "double its staff." However, Bungie did confirm with IGN "that the studio is growing, but certainly not doubling in size."

"In our quest for world domination," the advert reads, Bungie is searching for a "megalomaniac genius with severe god-complex."

"Making a game is getting to be more and more like making a movie," said J Allard, Microsoft's corporate vice president and "chief XNA architect," said in a January 31 interview. "You need to hire more artists, more animators and more musicians."

The team that worked on the Halo games is considered to be of small to medium size considering the scope of these games. It comes as no surprise that the next generation of software will require more time, money, and people involved with game development. This news also follows the recent trend of expansion in the videogame industry in general. Larger companies continue to expand and gobble up the smaller studios which most market analysts believe will be almost completely wiped out with the next generation of consoles.

More information on the congealing of the industry will most likely become available this week at Game Developers Conference. Also, check out our look to the future in the upcoming Xbox 2 FAQ. Stay tuned for more information all things Halo as it becomes available.

And something I want to see.

Halo Movie Script Delivered by Master Chief himself.
by Brian Linder

June 7, 2005 - Big news from the game movie realm today... in their latest effort to develop the Halo movie in-house, Microsoft hand-delivered the script for the Halo movie on Monday to a number of Hollywood studios that they're talking to about the film. And here's the best part, the software giant sent messengers fully decked-out in Master Chief gear to make the deliveries. Nice! Hope they swing by IGN next time...

The script, from 28 Days Later scribe Alex Garland, was recently completed. Microsoft is hoping to score $10 million for the script and an agreement from the studio to adhere to guidelines that the game's developers have set. Could that be the formula for a successful game-to-film adaptation? We hope so.

Hollywood first took notice of the Halo franchise when sales of Halo 2 smashed sales records earlier this year. Filmmaker Ridley Scott was rumored to have been approached about the project, but nothing ever solidified with that.

As IGN readers will know, the game centers around Master Chief, a genetically enhanced super-soldier who is the only thing standing between the relentless Covenant and the destruction of all humankind.

Watch our Halo page and the Games-to-Film section for the latest.

Arbiter
News...

Bungie Expands for Halo 3
The company grows staff in anticipation of the next generation.
by David Clayman
March 7, 2005 - On its Website last week, Bungie Studios publicized it's growing its staff for development on the third and supposedly last chapter in the Halo trilogy, Halo 3.

In a correction of the original story written by the Seattlepi.com, Bungie did not announce its plans to "double its staff." However, Bungie did confirm with IGN "that the studio is growing, but certainly not doubling in size."

"In our quest for world domination," the advert reads, Bungie is searching for a "megalomaniac genius with severe god-complex."

"Making a game is getting to be more and more like making a movie," said J Allard, Microsoft's corporate vice president and "chief XNA architect," said in a January 31 interview. "You need to hire more artists, more animators and more musicians."

The team that worked on the Halo games is considered to be of small to medium size considering the scope of these games. It comes as no surprise that the next generation of software will require more time, money, and people involved with game development. This news also follows the recent trend of expansion in the videogame industry in general. Larger companies continue to expand and gobble up the smaller studios which most market analysts believe will be almost completely wiped out with the next generation of consoles.

More information on the congealing of the industry will most likely become available this week at Game Developers Conference. Also, check out our look to the future in the upcoming Xbox 2 FAQ. Stay tuned for more information all things Halo as it becomes available.

And something I want to see.

Halo Movie Script Delivered by Master Chief himself.
by Brian Linder

June 7, 2005 - Big news from the game movie realm today... in their latest effort to develop the Halo movie in-house, Microsoft hand-delivered the script for the Halo movie on Monday to a number of Hollywood studios that they're talking to about the film. And here's the best part, the software giant sent messengers fully decked-out in Master Chief gear to make the deliveries. Nice! Hope they swing by IGN next time...

The script, from 28 Days Later scribe Alex Garland, was recently completed. Microsoft is hoping to score $10 million for the script and an agreement from the studio to adhere to guidelines that the game's developers have set. Could that be the formula for a successful game-to-film adaptation? We hope so.

Hollywood first took notice of the Halo franchise when sales of Halo 2 smashed sales records earlier this year. Filmmaker Ridley Scott was rumored to have been approached about the project, but nothing ever solidified with that.

As IGN readers will know, the game centers around Master Chief, a genetically enhanced super-soldier who is the only thing standing between the relentless Covenant and the destruction of all humankind.

Watch our Halo page and the Games-to-Film section for the latest.
cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

darth-yoda
hey what the same to me JLRTENJAC and can we pleae get back on topic what would you like to see in halo 3
one of mine is all the stuff the took out of halo 1 and 2 like the dronil and enginers

Arbiter
Able to slice off an Elite's arm or a Grunt's arm off.

Hit_and_Miss
I think playing a lvl based on the fall of reach would be good.

also possibly finding some of the forerunners at the arch would be cool... in the end you would have to fight them of course.

darth-yoda
a battle field would be good like you and a load of marines fighting a front line of grunts followed by jackals then drones elites and so on

Arbiter
Yeah but Halo 3 is Humans vs. Grunts, Hunters, and Elites vs. Jackals, Drones, and Brutes. But good idea.

I think even better AI then the last came so that you can interact more with your fellow marines (they'll def do this)

obviously more and newer weapons (but not too many)

and i wish the flood would just go away, i never liked them and fighting them is boring and seems counterproductive

Arbiter
You can't have Halo without the Flood!!

Hit_and_Miss
you don't know the story line... There are huge gaps in time in the halo games where nothing is said... they could jump to the earth and fool around abit.... then another halo..... dum de dum.... then the arch... theres soo much going on in the background as well that its a supprise to me how little I understood the world of halo, untill I read the books.
There was loads that happenned before the piller of autumn. there was loads that happened while chief was on halo... there was loads that happened while chief came back to earth....

Arbiter
Glade you pointed that out.

darth-yoda
all that stuff was meant to be in and were off topic again i whatched the makers of halo going through dialog scripts with a red pen and they crossed out over 20 or so pages saying they didnt have time for it so much was left out of halo 2 and arnt the humans and the elites hunters and co working together and i want the dronil

Arbiter
Only on Halo. But what do you think is still attacking Earth? Elites are still on Earth fighting. And if they wanted to add in everything they wanted in Halo 2 we would have to wait a lot longer then 3 years.

darth-yoda
i wud be really nice to have all the stuff but it will never be so heres hoping a huge add on package will be realised and did anyone notice on halo 2 the elites were saying some strange things like interacting with you me and my mate were on co-op and my mate was snipering them on delta halo and they were saying kill there sniper

Hit_and_Miss
the reason for this is that cortana translated the covenant dialect for the second game. Plus seeing how they were in the story line it would of been worst if all they said "was wort wort wort" still

Arbiter
i wud be really nice to have all the stuff but it will never be so heres hoping a huge add on package will be realised and did anyone notice on halo 2 the elites were saying some strange things like interacting with you me and my mate were on co-op and my mate was snipering them on delta halo and they were saying kill there sniper
Halo 2 has smart AI.

JLRTENJAC
You can't have Halo without the Flood!!

Yea

JLRTENJAC

I never noticed that. but I like it when the grunts call me "sissy" or "Wimp" and I come around and put a whole clip in their faces. but I was wandering what happened with cortonna and gravemind... If they don't answer that in Halo 3 I will be very pissed.

Arbiter
Who loves it when you hear the Grunts shout out: RUN AWAY!!

JLRTENJAC
Who loves it when you hear the Grunts shout out: RUN AWAY!!

MEEEE!

Hit_and_Miss
"I was wandering what happened with cortonna and gravemind... If they don't answer that in Halo 3 I will be very pissed."

The likely hood of that not being answered is 0%. Its got to be the more or less one of them most crucial aspects of the story line....

JLRTENJAC
But what I want the most in Halo 3 is it to surround earth a little more, and a beatable Legendary level like in Halo 1. Halo 2's is Impossible.

JLRTENJAC
"I was wandering what happened with cortonna and gravemind... If they don't answer that in Halo 3 I will be very pissed."

The likely hood of that not being answered is 0%. Its got to be the more or less one of them most crucial aspects of the story line....

yea, but still, I was just saying. I wonder how they'll explain it.

Hit_and_Miss
The gravemind will get very little out of cortana interms of useful information, shes not dumb enough to give away the location of earth. and from the looks of it, I don't think it will break cortanas programming..

The only other thing that I remember is, cortanas program is only built to last 7 years before it will decompile. as cortana gets full of information her skills drop and her life expectancy drops aswell. We don't know what cortana is holding in her data banks right now without information from the books. (the games are near useless for keeping on top of all thats going on)

MC could just get another new cortana and forget about the old!

JLRTENJAC
That's possible.

Arbiter
Or maybe there's something more to do there then we think like that giant creature.

JLRTENJAC
Yea, or maybe Gravemind managed to get the location of earth from cortonna, by some unknown means.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>