How long will AOTC be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bantha Fodder
I'm guessing that AOTC will be the same as TPM, at 2 hrs and 15 minutes, give or take 5 minutes.

It seems that Lucas is wary of making a Star Wars movie that is too long. Personally I don't understand the need for 2 hour limits on movies....many of my favorite movies are 2 1/2 to 3 hours long and the time flies by. Unfortunately, Lucas seems to want these SW movies to be "children movies", and kids don't like sitting in one place for 3 hrs, no matter how cool the movie is. I find it hard to see how TPM can be a kid's movie since important parts of the plot revolve around intricate political events that no kid is going to understand. But then Lucas put in plenty of fart jokes and he showed Jar Jar stepping in poo, so that must be what makes it a kiddy movie. confused

How long do you WANT AOTC to be?

I would like to see Lucas take a chance and make it 3 hours long. Certainly he has plenty of material to make such a long movie, and it would be a joy to every SW fan to experience such a long SW movie (assuming that it is a good movie).

However, I don't want there to be ANY intermissions. Remember how older movies that clocked in at around 3 hrs would have intermissions? In my not so humble opinion, if a movie "feels" long then it is too long. But a well made 3 hr movie will not seem long at all. I say make AOTC a glorious, non-stop 3 hours of vintage Star Wars entertainment. If it sucks then even 1.5 hours will be too long, but if it rocks we will all savor the 3 hr masterpiece.

yerssot
2 hours and 9 minutes

Julie
I'd go with 2 hrs 12 min big grin

yerssot
yeah, 9 is unlikely

Julie
It could be even longer, but I don't think it'll be too long...unfortunately

yerssot
nah, always around 2 hours 10

He-Man
Episode 2 will not bee 3 hours long, but I think that episode 3 could be. There's too buch stuff to tell for two hours.

Julie
I thought one of the movies was around 2 hrs. 15 min. sad .....longer the better

ToMacco
It won't be three hours long.

Julie
Agreed......hey it's Tomacco....I don't think I've seen you in awhile...maybe it'll help if I open my eyes wink

ToMacco
I dip in and out. I late at night.

Julie
oh....I usually only have a few min a day to post b/c of softball and homework. I try to avoid it late at night b/c then I won't go to bed.

ToMacco
I really worded that last post well, huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

When I come here late, usually no one is here, so I'll just reply to something then leave. Sometimes Tex or Lance or someone is on real late, then I start replying too much and I never sleep.

yerssot
well, RotJ was the longest:
2 hours 15
then you had TPM:
2 hours 13

Julie
What about the other 2?????????????

yerssot
2hours 5 and 2hours 7, why?

Julie
just curious......which one is which...just for curiosity's sake....completeness too smile

yerssot
that would mean that I have to go check it!

I think the 7 was ESB

Julie
That's ok...I'm not THAT curious

just as long as AOTC is near the others in time...I'll be happy

yerssot
it's more then 2 hours, yes

Julie
How do you know?....not that I doubt you

yerssot
read the scriptment, read the script of TPM, about the same amount of text

Julie
ohhh.....good work Sherlock.

yerssot
it's mister Sherlock to you!
I didn't spent 6 years in detective school to be just called by my name, thank you very much

Julie
touchy detective!
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Alright, Mister Sherlock. good deduction

yerssot
elementry my dear Julie

Julie
I was waiting to see how long it'd take you to pull that line roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
what was my reaction time?

Julie
about five minutes roll eyes (sarcastic) but hey not too bad

yerssot
knowing that between each answer, you have to wait 30 seconds

Julie
excuses, excuses stick out tongue

yerssot
yes, was it THAT obvious?

Julie
yes, but you are excused wink

Ushgarak
I think they will all come in around the two hours ten mark (mind you, that includes a good five minutes of credits).

yerssot
yes, if you work like that Ush, it's not difficult, then I can say:
more then two hours

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.