Episode III rating (US)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

5knuckleShuffle
i was at convention yesterday and one of the people who dressed up as a jedi told me that sw ep3 rots will not be pg and this is confirmed. she has a contract with lucas himself and i saw it with my own 2 eyes.

the people who dressed up did this for charity wich i thought was awsome.

i thought this was interesting to mention to the kmc ep3 forum.

so if anything rots is gona be pg-13 and not pg.

cornponious
We have thousands of probe droids...

I want proof, not leads.

cornponious

kremzike
Beautifully put, Cornponious.

PVS
oh yeah? well i was at a convention, and met a guy who said he is BEST FRIENDS with lucas. and HE said it will be rated R.

he has a website too:

www.supershadow.com

laughing out loud

Captain REX
Ah hell no... *fires the Uber-Death Uber-Star uber-laser uber-cannon at Supershadow*

Silver Stardust
Number one: People dressing up in costumes at conventions is nothing new...stick out tongue

Number two: prove it.

The Ones
it was confirmed ages ago that it will be atleast a 12A film (uk wise) so i think hes telling the truth about the rating thing

Bartman99
i love you PVS

you just made me LAUGH

5knuckleShuffle
thank you the ones

Stunrun
What an excelent reply Corn!

Darth Subjekt
I dont want to stir up any shit here, but i saw on, and i know ill get the letters wrong,...IDBM...whatever it is...that is was in fact PG-13, but i dont know how official that site is.

Stunrun
IMDB -Informative Movie Database or something like thatstick out tongue

i dont find that site too informative though imhowink

DARTH DADDY
I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone will let me know if I am, that a movie doesn't get a rating until it is finished and seen by the ratings people so they can give it a proper rating. You see trailers for films all the time that have "This film is not yet rated". Could it be a little early to get a rating for a film that is not completed yet?

Good one Corn. laughing

.:Space Opera:.
"i was at convention yesterday and one of the people who dressed up as a jedi told me that sw ep3 rots will not be pg and this is confirmed. she has a contract with lucas himself and i saw it with my own 2 eyes."

even if you were correct, and i do think and hope that it will be pg-13, you wrote your post in a very un professional way and you, my son, will now be shot.

bang.

forumcrew
yes but they make the movie with a certain rating in mind.. so the question is more so is he making a PG movie or is he letting it be a PG-13

bilbofett
Does anyone really care if its PG vs. PG 13? I mean if it was NC17 THEN we might have something to talk about... But this? No big deal from what I've seen.

DARTH DADDY
Thanks Forumcrew,I didn't think about that. And just from my side, I hope he keeps it PG. My girls love to watch SW with daddy. I would hate to not be able to take them with me to see it. Although I would go first, my wife and I, just to make sure. They were not old enough to see the last one on the big screen. I think GL could get the point across without being to graphic, blood or no blood.

DARTH DADDY
I understand your point. But some PG are even too over the top. I think PG-13 gives a little more allowance to show somethings. Some PG-13 show full frontal nudity. Hmm, KMC is PG-13, I wonder.
I understand it's supposed to be the darkest of them all. But I still think it's SW, a film for the entire family.

bilbofett
Well, i dont know how old your kids are, mine are 4&5 and will definitely NOT be seeing this one. Way too violent. Which, while I am SO looking forward to it, I am a bit disappointed that I cant take my kids to see it. I've been wanting to do that for years but not now. I was 5 when I saw ANH but there is NO WAY I'm letting my five year old see this one. I guess if your kids are a bit older the PG vs PG 13 might matter....

Sith Master X
I don't know. I'll need proof before I believe any of it. I find it hard to believe the movie would already be rated when it's not even finished.

Not that I'm doubting you or putting you down Knucke, I just need to see it to believe it. wink That's all.

Eleonora
I hope they rate it Pg-13. I want to believe it because francly it seems to me that mr. Lucas did the new trilogy thinking that only kids would go and see it (just think about the OT scripts and the new ones). He doesn't get that you don't need simplistic dialogue to understand it, even for kids, I saw the OT when I was 5 and I got the meaning. Who says "grumpy" any more except children's novels???

Sith Master X
I agree. PG-13 would be great.

Darth Subjekt
well at the point of Basic Instinct when they filmed her crossing her legs....do you really think they even entertained the idea of PG or PG-13, even though it wasnt done being filmed? They just had to decide whether R or NC-17....but i see your point and why you would ask.

ab2421
He doesn't get that you don't need simplistic dialogue to understand it, even for kids, I saw the OT when I was 5 and I got the meaning. Who says "grumpy" any more except children's novels???

Eleonora, laughing --- yup and thats even putting aside the crappy delivery of the line "Obi-Wan would be very grumpy" that lucas directed...

bILLYgOAT
XXX would be better Happy Dance

ctsketch
no PG-13 has frontal nudity.....

Prodigy
erm They shouldn't go higher than PG-13 with these movies. Little kids love 'em. Not to mention rated R movies are all affects/blood/sex and no fun/storyline. sad At least usually.

Not to mention rated R movies never make as much money. So financially, it's actually best to produce a G rated film. no expression However, there's no way SW can go G. :P

"blood or no blood."

i cant imagine their being alot of blood in the movie considering lighsabers cautilize (spelling?) the blood-

"Some PG-13 show full frontal nudity"

WHAT! which movie is this ......i might want to go out and watch it.....just for reference

Prodigy
I've never seen full-frontal nudity in PG-13... oh wait... hrm... erm I don't know what that one was rated... It just wasn't pretty.

Anyhow, yeah, people don't bleed when struck by a saber becaused the wound is automatically burned shut, or cauterized. (Very close, SO) However, people could very well be hit over the head with a rock, or get squished by some big 'ole droid... There could be gore.

....very unlikely though

tpaquin
What difference does it make?

Ratings are pretty arbirtrary. There's no rule that you have to get your movie rated at all.

ab2421
Titanic was PG-13, and probably one of the most watched films in theatres in the past few years... and there was full-fruntal nudity in it

Ushgarak
I guess he means the process GL would have gone through with the film in order for it to be ended up rated PG-13 indicates that things have been done with a style that he approved of.

Dropkick
Ratings are given out by the MPAA when a movie is submitted to them for review.

* waves hand * Nothing is confirmed yet.
* waves hand * There is no proof yet.
* waves hand * There is no contract.

Spiderdrew8
PG, PG-13, OR R. I WANT TO KNOW.

"Ratings are pretty arbirtrary. There's no rule that you have to get your movie rated at all."

not if you want to release it in theaters...

"itanic was PG-13, and probably one of the most watched films in theatres in the past few years... and there was full-fruntal nudity in it"

i think that were' mis concieving what full frontal nudity is, full frontasl is genitals, boobs are a separate catagory. you cant have a full frontal nudity (genitals) scene in a movie unless its R rated.

thanks. no expression for yet another pointless thread. use the search button

jedijunky1138
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=314365&highlight=rated
Lets not make duplicate threads please.

Spiderdrew8
Do what you have to do. Merge or delete. sad sad sad I'll go back to the bar. beer beer

DeVi| D0do
Well, here in NZ I'm guessing it will get an M (suitable for mature audiences 16+) just like AOTC did...

BAILY
It has to be PG. I cant see it being PG-13.... Sure the movie is dark, but so was ESB... I know it is supposed to be darker. But all the merchandise is directed towards children (M&M's, Hasbro ) I still stick with the PG rating. In May, if I am wrong, you all can rub it in my face...

I can see it getting a PG rating in Canada. One up from that is 14A. That would look funny beside a Star Wars film.

MornGlory
I wish it was going to be so bloody and violent - that it was Rated R

Xam
No Baily is rigth it will be a PG film!!i would kinda of be funny seing 14A film!!!loll

Darth Subjekt
it will be pg-13....now can someone please close this stupid pointless, redundant thread....PLEASE

Xam
ok there mister

5knuckleShuffle
yo i think this guy rips off my threads

Ushgarak
Merged, but as this was a poll, and so distinctive form the original thread, the hostility was not appropriate. Please do not be so unpleasant to posters.

tpaquin
Evil Dead II was never rated, and it was released in theaters. I think the rule is that if you're a member of the director's guild, you are obligated by contract to get a movie rated. Lucas is not, though.

Morridini
Can someone explain the ratings PG, PG-13 and R? We don't use them here in Norway. We have just age limits like no one under 11, 15 or 18 may see the movies.

.::Levi@than::.
PG is parental guidance recomenned for young viewers... at least it is in Australia, I assume its the same in USA, it doesn't have any age restrictions. PG-13 is more for older kids/teens, or 'mature' audiences, and R is ... well to tell you the truth in US standards I have no idea.

r is restricted, no one under seventeen is allowed,.

Jackie Malfoy
All the other star wars movie are pg and all the batman movies are PG-13 so I think all of the SW movies should stay the same rating!JM

SnakeEyes
Merchandise aimed at younger children can still be sold, even if the movie is PG-13, i mean look at the Spider-man films and Lord of the Rings...
I for one hope its PG-13

Mortanius
I believe that this movie should be rated PG-13. The story CAN be told PG, but much of the substance will be lost. Simply put, this is a much DARKER movie.

Darth Subjekt
the movie HAS to be PG-13. Look at all the violence in it. You got beheadings, amputations, spousal abuse on a pregnant woman, deep fried Ani, child abuse (younglings), i mean the list goes on and on. I think the movie would actually play out better as PG-13. When GL was talking about how this would be the darkest movie yet, he said it may even be too much for PG.

JKozzy
Already a thread on this.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t31546.html

mechmoggy
As JK says above ^

Please use other thread, closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.