SOmething i thought about

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theshakl
If Yoda beat Dokuu..and Anakin kills Dooku..then this means..Anakin has reached tremendous levels since episode 2.... (i know this is common sence) but i just thought about it..and then there are those that don't know how they will show how much he has developed...and this establishes it pretty early on in the movie....

....yeah.....

(i think we have discovered the next Sherlock Holmes)

Batman316
He's been fighting in the Clone Wars

]

next question

Morridini
Batman316, I don't think that was meant as a question.

Stunrun
Yoda didnt exactly loose against Dooku imho. Ok, Yoda did kick his a** a bit, but did ya see how tired he looked after the duel??? i think Dooku gave him a good fightwink

But if Yoda dueled Anakin, then Yoda would surely win due to pure experience, plus the fact he is the second most powerful force user in the galaxy!

btw - wb shakl! where ya been bud?

mtryder
A lot of it is just in the matchups and circumstance, I think. Count Dooku probably gave Yoda as good a fight as he was going to give anyone. He was just good enough with the lightsaber to hold Yoda at bay, and just good enough with the force to escape the encounter by forcing Yoda to save Obi-Wan and Anakin. With Anakin, however, the fight will probably be pretty fast and furious, and Dooku will probably both underestimate Anakin and want to look good in the eyes of Palpatine by destroying the touted young Jedi knight in a pure, saber to saber duel.

Put all of this together, and can you say how Anakin would fare against Yoda? Probably not, considering how different the circumstances were. But, in all honesty, I don't think you really need the results of those encounters to be able to say that Anakin would be pretty overmatched against Yoda, in most circumstances.

Stunrun
When he becomes Vader though, he would kick Yoda's a**, but not nowwinkstick out tongue

mtryder
It depends. When he becomes Vader being partway through episode 3, or in episode 4? Because I think that at any point in Episode 3, Yoda would be able to handle Anakin with relative ease. I don't see how there can be too much debate in that. If Obi-Wan can take Anakin down, there's simply no way that Yoda can't. If you're talking about episode 4, then of course. Whether it's because he was played by a puppet in the OT or because he's just become a lot less spry over the course of 20 years, Yoda just doesn't seem like much of a fighter anymore by then.

mtryder
and for clarification, I'm accounting for the fact that Yoda is amazingly strong in the force. I wouldn't be at all surprised if any hypothetical duel between the two of them was over before Anakin got the chance to take a swing.

Although, in a dueling situation, what kind of a force power would a Light Jedi use to incapacitate an enemy? Force push? I've always wondered that, and the best answer I've found was the Stasis ability in Knights of the Old Republic. But yeah, considering that that's never been performed in the films (unless that's what was done to Obi when he was captive in ep 2?), it doesn't carry much weight.

Darth_Nefarus
Obi-Wan of course defeats Anakin in Ep3, but winning one fight does not necessarily make one the best at it. -Nick Gillard

Obi-Wan manages to win because he knows Anakin on such a deep level. He knows Anakin's weaker points, and his strong points. Obi-Wan is the only person who could manage to survive that duel. Yoda is both wise and powerful, but the fact is Sidous takes down Yoda, and Anakin has to be more powerful than Sidious because that is his entire purpose, to kill Sidious. Anakin is better than Obi-Wan and I think we will see that, but Obi-Wan outsmarts him.

mtryder
Anakin is more powerful than Sidious? Sorry, I don't see that. He destroys Sidious by throwing him down a shaft while his attention is diverted, and even then Sidious manages to kill him too.

And what I was saying about Obi vs. Yoda is that, while Obi knows Anakin far better than anyone else, Yoda is far more powerful than Obi. So far, it seems as though it is going to take both Sidious and Anakin to take Mace down, and if Yoda is supposedly more powerful in the force than Anakin, then even accounting for the fact that Mace is probably more powerful in combat, how can you say that Anakin alone is stronger than Yoda? I'll be the first to admit that I could be wrong, and wouldn't be even remotely surprised if I am, but the way I see it, at this point in time Yoda is simply too far above Anakin for there to be much doubt on the outcome of any hypothetical match between them.

theshakl
i've been trying to keep away from episode 3 spoilers... confused

mtryder
Isn't that what this forum is? I mean, if you read it for any extended period of time, you're bound to read a sentence or two that will, at least indirectly, give something away.

Stunrun
ok ive devised a list of the top ten most powerful force-users in the movies, adding all there strenghs throughout the movies: here goeswink

1 Palpatine ( Darth Sidious )
2 Anakin Skywalker ( Darth Vader )
3 Yoda
4 Mace Windu
5 Count Dooku ( Darth Tyranus )
6 Luke Skywalker
7 Ben ( Obi-Wan ) Kenobi
8 General Grievous
9 Darth Maul
10 Qui - Gon Jinn

it took me ages to work out who would beat who, depending on there knowlege of the force, and there power, and i think this fitswink

Stunrun
well we dont know if Grievous is force sensative yet now do we??confused ok, just by judging on his power, not his knowlege of the forcestick out tongue

tpaquin
I don't think, despite what KOTOR tells people, that force sensitivity should be measured on a system of levels. People just are in tune with teh force. Their power and skill is luck-based, and is very subjective. That's the way I see it, anyway.

jedijunky1138
"Fought well you have, My young Padawan." - Yoda. Yea Dooku gave yoda a good fight. The thing is there are many different light saber styles in our favorite galaxy far far away, this means that it depends on which style is put up against which. How ever it doesn't mean that Anakin has not grown in the force. I think he would have kicked the you know what out of Yoda if that match up had occurred.

Sesse
It's "My old padawan"

Echuu
Hi, I'm new here so don't flame me too much.
As Jedijunky said, there are many different styles of lighsaber fighting.
In an addition of Star Wars Insider it talks about the lightsaber fighting styles. Yoda practices a form IV which uses all kinds of fast crap and spinning as seen in the movie. Anakin Practices a form V which is all about strength. I think that Yoda could slaughter Anakin. I mean, strength is great, but in a lightsaber duel I think that if you master speed you can take almost anyone. Not that strength isn't important or anything. The reason Dooku did so great against Yoda is because he practiced form II which is all about refining your saber skill of fighting one on one with a sabers. The jedi don't use it anymore cuz of blaster rifles and stuff.

mtryder
Yeah, I definitely agree with that. Pretty much what I was getting at.
As for the top 10 list, I think it's very good by and large, except that I think we'll really have to see where Mace goes out, and how he does against Yoda in order to sort out the top four.

mtryder
and by "how he does against Yoda" I mean how he does against Sidious. D'oh

Echuu
Yeah, I'm kinda mad that Mace gets killed

.:Space Opera:.
"When he becomes Vader though, he would kick Yoda's a**, but not now"

ummm, a cunning young boy in his prime and strength compared to a slow machine man who has more strength then speed. remember, power cannot be measured by the force alone, but by saber skills just like what heppened in AOTC with dooku/yoda. ani would prolly kick yodas ass. maybe there will be a fight who knows!?

about mace being killed, im excited to see that dude get whooped. hes to cocky.

Echuu
I personally dont think mace is cocky.
I mean, do you have any examples?
He's just determined

ctsketch
that behind the back no look blaster block in AOTC was pretty cocky :P but thats just because he kicks ass

yeah he goes from kick ass to ass kicked wink

Ushgarak
Talk of 'Forms' is EU. I also really don't get the gist of that force power graph- how the heck can Maul be above Qui-Gon? What exactly are you meaning by 'power' here?

Gillard, as ever, is right, though. The better swordsman does not always beat a lesser one any more than a better tennis player always beats a weaker one. Mind you, I think we have every right to consider Obi-Wan a Master swordsman in his own right; he is also talented and more disciplined and also been through the wars.

XX Emperor XX
I think Anakin is more powerful then everyone by the time of EP.III except Yoda and Sidious. Obi-Wan only beats Anakin because 1. he's much more experience then Anakin and likely to make fewer mistakes 2. Obi-Wan gets dumbass lucky I heard in the duel. Yoda is just far to o experience I mean 800 years of learning about the force think about it thats crazy. And as far as Sidious if Anakin never fell in lava I believe he would of became even more powerful then Sidious because their is no way in hell Anakin was at his peak during EP.III or for that matter anytime during the OT as mechanical Vader due to becoming more machine than man

"how the heck can Maul be above Qui-Gon?"

...because he killed him.

anakin would have had to go downhill after falling into A LAKE OF MOLTEN LAVA!!!! so he is at his physical peak during ep.3, falls into lava, his physicality goes way down, then reaches his mental and force-using peak in the OT.

Darth Subjekt
um space....what about GG? If he is supposedly the first "prototype" of the technology that created DV, than why is Vaer automatically slow? Remember, those were filmed in the 70's and early 80's, choreography probably wasnt at the same level as it is now. We live in a society that thrives off speed and agility as far as fights and action. I think if GG can be fast and surely Vader can. So in essence youre saying that GG can beat Vader since Vader is slow.....

I think Yoda would lose to Anakin and/or Vader. At the time of Ep3, Ani is the most powerful in the Galaxy(as said by GL) and its just experience that gives OB1 an edge. But you have to remember that anyone can win a fight on any given day...if 2 people fight 100 times, it couls be split victories as much as 50/50. It depends on circumstance. At the timeof the duel, Ani is pissed and thinking about 1000 different things other than fighting, while im sure OB1 is more than focused...calm anakin down and i think he'd mop the floor with anyone,....including Sidous. An di say that cause i read that up until Ani jumps in, Mace is getting the best of Palps/Sidious.

Darth_Nefarus
Subjekt, I'm glad you agree with me that Anakin is more powerful than anyone, and could defeat BOTH Yoda and Sidious. I also agree that Vader's mechanical body made him slow because of how they shot it back then.

The only thing I disagree with is Mace ever gaining the upper hand on Sidious. The entire point of this is Anakin has to save the universe by killing Sidious. Mace's fight would be good, but Neither he or Yoda could get the job done.

Darth Subjekt
Like i said, i just read it somewhere. But it will be interesting to see in May.

Ushgarak
That only proves he won a duel against him. That doesn't even necessarily make him better at duelling, let alone more powerful in general.

Maul was just a swordfighting thug. QGJ was a damn Jedi Master!

Vader's slowness is official, from GL.

schill142
I don't think it has been confirmed that Vader and GG where made from the same technology. As a matter of fact, I believe that they are quite different.

And we shouldn't be too caught up with speed, or lack there of. Keep in mind, Vader doesn't have to be fast to be bad. Mastery of the force is much more important then physical qualities.

Echuu
I guess I'll agree with that.

I just think that if someone has a SIGNIFICANT advantage with speed over an foe they do much better. If they are generally equal it doesn't matter . Look at Obi vs. Vader in ANH. Both had about equal speed. If they would have continued that duel without Obi wan lowering his saber it would have lasted a while cuz obi wan had obviously mastered his defensive skill with a saber. Vader had a tough time with luke in ROTJ as he was obiously defeated. Luke was a much stronger with the force and it enhanced lukes skill including his speed.

'um space....what about GG? If he is supposedly the first "prototype" of the technology that created DV, than why is Vaer automatically slow?"

MAYBE THE FACT THAT GG is an alien has something to do with it. aliens might be a little bit more agile than humans, and plus i think the mere fact that GG has four lightsaber wielding arms beats that out.

jedijunky1138
Well they all have to go except Ben, Luke and Yoda before there can even be an episode IV.

schill142
We shouldn't compare the Grievous and Vader in the same light- their compositions are completely different.

Grievious is essentially a cybernetic body designed for combat with the necessary facilities to house an alien eyes, brain, and nervous system.

On the other hand, Vader is a man who has been scarred, beat up, burnt, and has had numerous limbs severed. Now he is basically a collection of beat up bio-matter and prosthetics.

The difference between Grievous and Vader is like the difference between an F1 car made for the track, and beat up and modified street car.

that was the most amazing post in posting history

schill142
Perhaps I could make 50 meaningless posts a day just to keep my handle prevalent and at the top of the new post order all without saying anything remotely intelligent.

Oh wait, .....then I would be imitating you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.