Earth vs ShiAr Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Krissy Von Doom
Earth vs Shi'Ar
Let's say the Shi'Ar Empire declares war on earth... the whole Shi'Ar Empire not just the throneworld - all worlds under the shiar empire, all starships, imperial guard and starjammers...
Earth has -
- all Earth heroes and villains
- Earth eternals and Inhumans
- Earthbound demigods like Thor and Hercules, plus regular pantheon warriors like asgardians but no skyfathers or other pantheon gods
- No otherworldy allies like Surfer or Watchers
- No Franklin Richards or X-man
- 2 hours to prepare

How would Earth fare? Skyfathers, Heralds can intervene 12 hours after the war has started, will Earth last this long and will it make a difference? eek!

Wynndar
hmm...it would be close...the only problem is the Shi'Ar would probably just launch weapons from afar.

radioboy121
You sure "eek" alot. (and roll on the floor laughing). Why can't you just go to sleep like crazyspinz use to after every bout? J/k.

In one of the early appearances of the Shiar, they were going to takeover/destroy the inhabitants of Earth, until they heard that they were successful in repelling Galactus on numerous occasions.

Despite our familiarity with Earth characters (of course...), I might be leaning towards the Shiar. The standard Shiar residents are stronger than human (as Asgardians are to us). Also, Imperial Guard that we have been introduced to are just a fraction of their overall numbers.

I don't think it was ever specified how large the Shiar empire really is (could be representing hundreds of planets as each of the Imperial Guard pay homage to different ones), but they are far more advanced and if at the very worst, there is the M'Kraan crystal.

Wynndar
I think Earth heroes are more valuable seeing the Thing took on a big chink of the Imperial Guard on his own...about eight or nine of them If i recall.

baddspellahl4
unless all the shi'ar empire magically turns into a bunch of incredible hulk and juggernauts, they're screwed.

HarmonicFlo88
Franklin Richards would just flip realities on them shiar b itches. OH, no frank huh lol

We would prolly set up a line with tha most powerfull in front of tha lesser powerfull in a decreasing manner. so the most powerfull can be tha ones inflicting and taking tha most damage, all while tha lesser powerfuls are safe behind them doing their own work. if they are more numerous like 50 billion to 6 billion...then we're toast inevitably

radioboy121
I don't think the stronger ones will be in front while the weaker in the back. It's usually the long range in the back, but...

Even with Franklin, the Shiar empire is incredibly huge. Who knows the extent of powers the groupings within the ranks have?

I can't believe I'm quoting myself, but I just realized these "eeks" and other exclamations are those smiley faces (no wonder these post seem weird to me). I predominantly have "images" disabled or use a text-based browser.

Capt_Fantastic
It would be so not close.

The Shi'ar Empire? Um...THE Shi'ar EMPIRE...versus....earth.

norrin radd

Krissy Von Doom
the shi'ar fleet has enough firepower to destroy our planet imnot sure if a combination of doom's & reed's tech, with mags power & strange's magic is enough to withstand that

manjaro
the shi'ar controls a whole freaking galaxy. if they brought out all their artillary and superbeings Earth is toast. Even with X man And Frank. In fact, all they would have to do is send out like one armada from the throne world and thats it. Gladiator alone would clear thru a whole fleet until he found the hulk, and juggy waiting for him with thier arms folded.

what the Shi'ar lacks in meta genes, and magic they make up for with their nigh unparralled technology

juggernaut74
But earth has Dr. Doom on their side.

manjaro
Doom is cool like that but he's not on Shi'ar level. Doom's command of tech versus the shi'ar is comparable to his command of the Arcane versus that of Thanos. he's gratly outclassed.

the only thing that could cuase earth to win is if the writers choose to have them fight romantically, and sentimentally with their code of honor and shit. meaning having them face off one by one, one on one. like its mofo'kin Yu Yu Hakuso or something.

but if the Shi'ar just goes all balls out with all thier fury, and not worry about which teams have the better h2h combatant, or coolest powers Earth doesnt stand a chance.

miahera
the Shi'ar aren't idiots. they got their own geeks. laughing

Krissy Von Doom
It seems that the concensus is that Earth will be destroyed... so how about if we throw in all the Pantheons and the Skyfathers (maybe also Mephisto and his demons seeing as they have as much to lose with the destruction of Earth as humans do) as well as Titan Eternals and Heralds willing to help... would that make a difference?

whobdamandog
Let's just be honest here people... If the x-men and the avengers could take on the Shiar's best warrior's(the imperial guard) without breaking much of a sweat, then what hope do the Shiar have against all of earth's heroes/inabitants?

I mean come on now... gladiator consistantly gets whooped by hulk and thor, and he's their most powerful guy. Come to think of it, the only crowning achievement that the Shiar have been able to do is give the X-men the technology to build the Quinjet and Danger Room... ..that's just about it...and to be honest with you... I think Reed Richards could of done a better job...

Now if you compare the accomplishment's of earth 616 technology to that of the Shiar, we're waaay more advanced(ie Creation of sentinels capable of killing powerful mutants who consistantly hand the Shiar Imperial guard their asses, time machines created by Doom and Richards..Creation of adamantium..a substance harder than any substance in the known universe..)

The only way the Shiar have a chance in hell against Earth is if the start f****n with earth's sun like they did(on accident) during operation Galactic Storm. That's not going to happen, because like operation G-Storm, Earth's heroes will be on them quicker than flies on cow sh**.

I like the Shiar people but come on... If they can't win against the Kree or Skrulls(who consistantly get their asses handed to them by the Avengers and Fantastic Four)... much easier foes... they ain't going to be able to touch the people of earth. Nuff Said!!

whobdamandog
FYI There was a what if issue where this kind of scenario happened... I can't remember which one... but It had the vision in it and he was able to achieve world peace and unite the people of earth by taking control of all of their technology. Needless to say with the vision's world take over, the earth became a serious universal empire and managed to take down the kree, skrulls, and and shiar without any major difficulties.

whobdamandog
One more thing... I believe that the title Guardians of the Galaxy was based on the premise of this what if story mentioned above. I think the guardians of the galaxy were composed of the "cosmic avengers" who were the earth's version of the shiar "imperial guard"(the team consisted of the original thor, clones of captain america, she hulk, human torch, and a few others) and was the setting was hundred of years in the future after earth established its universal empire.

Krissy Von Doom
There was also a What if issue when the Shi Ar Throneworld was destroyed by Galactus and the FF was blamed for it. The entire Shi Ar fleet, led by Gladiator, surrounded Earth ready to blow it up.

crazyspinz
well radio boy seeing as it was mentioned in this thread, shi ar would have a 2 hour nap, because they are egotistical and dont think they would need to prepare.

gladiator is probably the strongest of the shi ar, and he got his ass handed to him royaly by hulk, and hulk is about equil to the likes of thor, plus profeseur X, phenoix would be there, wolverine for al u fanboys out there AND DOOM.

manjaro
dudes, you all gotta realize that for all intents and purposes the Shi'ar are villains, and villians are not allowed to win. you actually find it plausible that realistically they can invade and subjugate untold amounts of other worlds but they cant beat one team of heroes on Earth?

all the pantheons and skyfathers were rightfully excluded for they dont live on earth anyway. they all occupy interstitial dimensions, and usually have some self imposed code not to meddle in mortal affairs. besides all those gods and demons exist outside of the time stream, so they can always turn to an alternate Earth for worshippers since thier existence seems to depened on if believe in them.

i really dont see how in a planet size battle like this one or two ppl are gonna make a difference. besides everytime aliens tussle with Earthen heroes its always a small group of them. the entire Skrull fleet has never tried to take Earth. they alwys send in covert mofo'kers, and decoys and shit. then one of thiers mess up and expose the operation and they get beat.

lastly in the MU america has shown to be the only country that has advanced military tech coming out the anus. and you know invaders are alwys gonna come to america. so this is basically gonna be the Shi'ar vs USA.

Beyonder
Earth get's blown up. How do you win against an entire empire? They only way they'll win is attack the royals and take hostage Lilandra. Otherwise they can try to blow parts of the Empire, while the Shi'Ar need only to blow up one planet to win.

whobdamandog
Canada has Alpha Flight and a sh** load of other heroes...Britain has excalibur and a heck of a lot more... Israel and Russia have their own Super Soldier's which are capable of taking down a crap load of people..So I seriously doubt the US would be the only one defending the planet... Half of the Heroe's and Villians of the MU Earth 616 have near God like powers(Pheonix, X-man, Apocalypse) These three alone would be a daunting task for the Shiar people to take on... But topple that on with the likes of Hulk, Thor, Sasquatch, Abomination, Sentinels...The list goes on and on... If any of the heralds were to come into this mix... than the Shiar would experience a bloodbath of epic proportions... Honestly, the only way the Shiar would win is if they were somehow able to come at earth with a suprise attack on the magnitude of the nega bomb.. other than that.. they're pretty much toast.

whobdamandog
just wanted to say this is a good topic krissy...Gotta give ya some props on posting it..

clickclick
If only frank was a little older.

Magee
One thing is that this event would unite all heroes and villians on earth (well a majority of villians). I think the Shiar Empire would have its hands full with all the heroes and demi gods on earth. I mean if this was taking seriously u would probably have SS and the likes helping earth coz he loves it for sum reason blink

manjaro
dude, you're totally insane

Beyonder
Shi'Ar empire drops a negabomb among the asteroid belt and sets it to detinate counting down from 11:59:59 to blow the entire solar system up, just a second before the skyfathers can interfere as the rule states.

Shi'Ar Empire > Earth

whobdamandog
That's what my shrink tell's me stick out tongue

Imperial_Samura
I think the Shiar could do it. After all, as many have pointed out they are an empire, and one reasonably old. This would seem to indicate they are reasonably good at conquering over planets, and have impressive resources. So many earth heroes and villains are stuck on the ground, they would have to wait for the enemy to come to them, which from the looks of the Shiar, might never happen... they could most probably destroy the earth from orbit or even further away. And I don't like the rule about good always winning. Sometimes the villain should win. And I think that in this case that would be a victory to the Shiar.

Maelstrom
Shiar Tech. is what would potentially kill us. We have Cannonballs girlfriend Lila Cheney. She can teleport earth all over the Universe allowing the Hero's a surprise offensive strike at all times and at any point. They'd never catch us. If they did get a hold of the planet their numbers( i mean a galaxy of peeps.) would sink us. their tech. would destroy our infer structure with ease. Hulk is tough and so is Juggs. but they would fall to a combination of the Guard.
You can't cut out Surfer when you talk about earth. His power is strong enough to stand to the Guard. With him on earths side the hero's may be able to go head to head when earth finally gets trapped by some ploy.
I would suggest that if they wanted a war to lure them away from the empire and then pop in and destroy as much as "humanly" possible.
We've seen Xavier navigate his girls ship through nuclear blasts. With him as navigator it would be hard to stop our assault.alien1

manjaro
that would be disastrous guy. if earth should be removed from its orbit from our sun. it would have to be placed in another thats absolutly identical to ours. speed and distance from a sun and moon and everything. otherwise we would either freeze or for fry. so teleportation is not an option.

put it like this. do your reserach if anyone wants to dispute. there are less than 60 PPl in the entire MU who are class 100. of that less than 60 only about half of them are Earthers. and there is the fact that less than 100 ppl are class 70 or better, only half of them being Earthers. that number is quite insignificant seeing as how the Shi'ar is coming with a whole damn galaxy.

one more thing. of the less than 100 who are 70 or better, who are Earthers, only a hand ful of them are energy weilders, so the rest of those big bruisers would have to wait until the battle comes to them

whobdamandog
I don't know man.. I don't think the Shiar have really demonstrated anything capable of the destruction of a planet.(As in multiple blast from their ships completing destroying earth) I'll admit that they some what outclass earth in terms of weaponry and military force. But even with this advantage, I seriously doubt they would be able to wipe out earth with relative ease. Remember, these are the same people who knock their knees together at the site of Galactus and one of his herald's, whom the people of earth have overcome a many a times.

Krissy Von Doom
Of course, Earth doesn't have to wait for the Shi'Ar, as someone already pointed out there are a few teleporters (Lila, Strange) who could take the "grounded earth forces" to the Shi Ar throneworld or battleships and bring the battle to them

radioboy121
If Earth was waging war against Shi'ar without the prior knowledge, they can just throw in a few individuals to stir the government up as Cassandra Nova did, or perhaps contaminate the environment as the World of the Worlds.

Beyonder
See. Gladiator has cleared asteroids from his empire's space lane. He can damn send asteroids from the Asteroid Belt straight towards Earth. All you need is one the size of Texas to take out most of the planet and plenty of those can be found in the Asteroid Belt.

The Shi'Ar need only to destroy the planet to take out most of Earth's forces. Earth, however, has to fight an entire Galaxy. And if Lilandra and other high royalties are in hiding in or outside of the empire, I highly doubt the heroes/villains will find them and capture them to declare victory.

Here's Gladiator's cousin Xenith:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/xenithstar.htm

Krissy Von Doom
Of course, when Marvel earth knows an attack is imminent, they're not going to wait for the fight to come to them, I think the big brains will quickly establish a perimeter shield or a similar defence mechanism to negate such a tactic... or they can just send Hyperion to deflect the asteroids.

manjaro
no one is denying that earth forces wouldnt put up a good fight. and for the sake of comic book purposes they would win. It is exactly the same way how the writers responsible for Uncanny X-men used that whole magneto debacle as a play off the war in Afganistan. and how the currnet runs of the Ultimates, and the alien invasion slightly plays off Iraqi war.

the point is the good guys never lose. no matter how insurmountable the odds. but realistically, there is no way that earth should or could stand a chance. even if the Shi'ar wants to be arrogant and grandiose about it. like beyooonder said, one decent sized asteroid and Half of Earth's population is dust. bsides is anyone really taking into consideration just how large a galaxy is? we're talking about billions of planets here ppl!

DarkCrawler
Yeah, Gladiator could just throw Ceres at Earth. (Biggest asteroid, 1000 km wide) Earth would be dust.

Krissy Von Doom
I'm sure the heroes would lose but not because of a big asteroid hitting Earth... they have too many superpowers to be beaten like that... and they could get Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck to bail them out in such a scenario...

whobdamandog
Yeah I get what you mean my man, but I still don't think it would be an easy battle for the Shiar. I'd give the Shiar 10 to 1 odds if it was a well thought out surprise attack, and 3 to 1 if the people of earth knew they were coming. Don't forget the earth has heroes that waaay outclass Gladiator. Take Jean Gray for example. She utilizes the Pheonix Force which has been known to destroy entire galaxies.

You also have to factor in shield, aim, hydra, and earth's other military forces. Although they wouldn't be able to completely hang with the vast Shiar Armada, they'd definately give them quite a tussle.

Beyonder
Phoenix can only destroy a solar system from what I know. Destroy a galaxy is a bit iffy, maybe 1/4 of a galaxy.

And Phoenix is essentially a god of the Shi'Ar empire. Jean controls the Phoenix powers, but I think the ultimate choice is up to the Phoenix Force where it's powers remain.

psycho gundam
bump.

Lord Feron
Just speculation, Galdiator whatever the hell he is is the strongest of his kind. Zenith his cousin prob weaker like supergirl level or something. I mean even if their homeworld people were a little weaker they would all be around say.... Wonderman powerset or something like that. Imagine a few millions individuals with that kind of power.

then The other imperial guards yeah they are kinda weak but still stronger than some of the best humans.

This is all if the shiar decided they wanted to go on foot and fight door to door.

a couple million starships bombarding the crap out of earth or a use of a nega bomb should do it.

Any heros that can fly and try and be the 1st line of defence and any ships of AIM, SHEILD, whatever lets be generous and give them a few thousand spaceborne vessels. Seiously what chance do they have?

Again Shair can go for a smart quick win. If not it would be a crazy war that would not end in by the time the skyfathers get to step in. Even if the skyfathers do step in What about the Mkraan crystal guardians. They might be able to assist. If not if the earth skyfathers step in Shair military should be screwed.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Just speculation, Galdiator whatever the hell he is is the strongest of his kind. Zenith his cousin prob weaker like supergirl level or something. I mean even if their homeworld people were a little weaker they would all be around say.... Wonderman powerset or something like that. Imagine a few millions individuals with that kind of power.

Strontians (Gladiator's race) are extinct, except for he and his cousin. Who used to be a member of the Star Masters and is pretty damn uber herself.

AlmightyKfish
Two major things-

Earth has freaking Squirrel Girl.
Earth has Molecule Man.

Either one could solo the Shi'ar.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Enyalus
Strontians (Gladiator's race) are extinct, except for he and his cousin. Who used to be a member of the Star Masters and is pretty damn uber herself.

well good to know. My bad. How they go extinct ? I'm guessing disease of the radiation of some sort.

Enyalus
Dunno.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Two major things-

Earth has freaking Squirrel Girl.
Earth has Molecule Man.

Either one could solo the Shi'ar.

ohh... MM... nevermind he could solo BUT!!! he way the hell higher than the skyfather cap. Also f**k squirrel girl stick out tongue

Enyalus
Also f**k squirrel girl stick out tongue

I would. That bushy tail (and other things) is so arousing.

AlmightyKfish
ohh... MM... nevermind he could solo BUT!!! he way the hell higher than the skyfather cap. Also f**k squirrel girl stick out tongue

There wasn't a skyfather cap, it just said 'gods allowed but no Skyfathers like Odin, Zeus etc.'

All Earths heroes and villains wasn't capped at skyfather was it?

Incident
Sentry, Hulk, Thor > Gladiator

Lord Feron
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
There wasn't a skyfather cap, it just said 'gods allowed but no Skyfathers like Odin, Zeus etc.'

All Earths heroes and villains wasn't capped at skyfather was it?

I was under the impression Odin and people that power level were barred from interferring for a couple of hours or something. If not yeah MM solos this shit.

Also Ensalyus, you got a furry fetish????

Enyalus
Also Ensalyus, you got a furry fetish????

I got to pet a squirrel once. Been fantasizing about 'em ever since.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Enyalus
I got to pet a squirrel once. Been fantasizing about 'em ever since.

damn thats even worse! Bestiality.... And thread closed....

complexbrother
Molecule Man, he is not a sky father. you didn't post a limit on how powerful, just who could not attend the battle.

also you have Sphinx, Dr. Strange, Loki, Scarlet Witch, Immortus, The Eternals, The inhumans, Adam Warlock, Destroyer ... and soooo many more.

nuff said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.