Thanos vs. Superman & Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
What do you think, guys (and ladies)? Obviously, I'm talking about Thanos w/o the IG and HOTU.

K3VIL
Dumb thread.
Without the IG or the HOTU he's outmached and defeated easy by two powerhouses like the Thunder God and Supes.

Krissy Von Doom
Actually I think it's the other way around... Thanos would beat Thor, not with relative ease but with less trouble than you'd expect (as already shown)... Superman, well... if Thanos can conjure a force cage capable of holding a power-gemmed Thor, Superman would be little trouble...

K3VIL
Depends on which version of the Thunder God.With Odin's power he can wipe out Thanos.Without Odin's power he can use the GodForce Blast and manage to defeat him.

Magee
Saying he can use the god force blast is not a reason for thinking Thor can beat Thanos. Thor has had his ass kicked by Thanos plenty of times. This fight realy just comes down to Thanos and Superman which would be a good fight.

Beyonder
Thanos. Neither Thor nor Superman can dish out what Odin & Tyrant did...which still couldn't KO the Titan. Thanos beats Surfer like a whore; Superman is no different, just a whore with tights on & a red cape.

whobdamandog
As powerful as Thanos is, one of these two heavy hitters is more than enough for him. Put them both together, and I don't see Thanos coming out on top to many times unless he has some ample prep time.

Evangel94
Time to educate.

Nuff' said

whobdamandog
So thanos managed to stop the hammer... its been done by a many of people on a many occasions. To be honest though, Thanos is written so incosistantly that it's difficult to tell exactly where he's at in terms of power.

Post & Pre IG, there were times when he had a difficult times hanging with the Surfer and others on similar power levels. Then all of the sudden he was given boosts to his power with little or no explanation, and manages to take on near omnipotent beings like tyrant and odin.

The guys all over the place in terms of power, and it really depends on who's writting him as to where his power level is at. At the height of his power, I still think Thanos would have much difficulty taking on Thor and Superman at the same time. Thor and Superman are dangerous opponents when using their full power(ie look what happened to Mangog and Doomsday) There at the the top of the heap when it comes to superheroes, and generally are portrayed as characters who are able to overcome against all odds regardless of the situation.

Overcoming Superman alone would be a daunting task for Thanos to achieve, throw in the Thunder God, and the Mad Titan has really got a battle on his hands. IMO in a chance battle, Thanos would probably put up a good fight, but be defeated by these two more often than not.

crazyspinz
well, supes is tough, only in a yellow sun solar system, and thanos has the capability to take that away, or just beat the crap outa both of them

The Flash
I vote Thanose because he's pimp.

Beyonder
Obviously Pre-Death power up Thanos didn't have a problem beating up Thor & Thing. And then when he died, Mistress Death gave him a power up so he could carry out her task of killing half the universe to balance life and death in the universe.

ejumacation its a greight thing. evil face

Molecule man
You can't compare Thing to Supes, Supes is stronger, faster and many more powers that the Thing don't have

Beyonder
Did you even read what I wrote? The one in that pic was BEFORE DEATH POWERED HIM UP. So guess what Thanos AFTER a power up would do? Furthermore, Thanos now surpasses that power up by Death, so guess what will Thor and Supes do?

Molecule man
yeah yeah DEATH powered him up, Thor also got powerups as well and Supes. The thing is that Thanos could match or maybe beat one of them but two of them together?

Beyonder
Thanos after Death's power up.

Molecule man
Thor have the godblast and with the odinforce he alone could take down Thanos.

The Flash
That pic makes me laugh. SS is about to get a ass whoopin.

Beyonder
This isn't Thor with Odin's power, just Thor. Otherwise, why throw Superman in at all?

Evangel94
Funny that you mention it. Both have been used on Thanos. Neither worked.

Molecule man
when did this happen? any scans? I mean Thanos and Odin fought, and after some struggle Odin finally won.

Beyonder
No he didn't. Odin had the upper hand throughout the fight, but Thanos was never put down. Odin was surprise 2-3 times that Thanos was able take Odin's blast and keep going. Odin had to bring in Gungnir to fight The Mad One.

Oops, I retract my statement about Superman. Since he's punked Darkseid about twice now, he's above skyfather level. wink

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Beyonder
No he didn't. Odin had the upper hand throughout the fight, but Thanos was never put down. Odin was surprise 2-3 times that Thanos was able take Odin's blast and keep going. Odin had to bring in Gungnir to fight The Mad One.

Didn't all this happen after Thanos had received death's banishment from her realm? I believe from that point on Thanos couldn't be taken down by anyone short of the IG's power. I think that's the biggest reason he was able to hang with Odin soo long.

Beyonder
More than that, it was his durability. If it was death, then we would know. It wasn't since he was taking Odin's blast and keep coming back for more. He was on his feet for most of the fight. When Odin blasted him with Gungnir, it only sent him flying into some building. He brushed off the derbris and waded through Gungnir's second blast. Then Odin flew and Thanos was dragged along. They landed with a boom and Odin was left standing. Thanos again got to his feet and wanted to fight some more.

He's also taken on a more powerful version of himself during the Infinity Wars and beaten him. He fought Tyrant as well and his durability stood against alot of Tyrant's blast. Death's banishment & the ability to keep on his feet while taking blast from a skyfather is two different thing.

whobdamandog
I don't know my man.. the way I look at it is that if you can't die, then that's going to make you one durable MF'er...Someone bashes your brains in.. you get back up.. Some one blasts you with a nuclear bomb. Your body reforms itself back together and your ready for more..That's kind of how I believe Deaths enchantment on Thanos works. Not to say that Thanos can't take one hell of a beating, but I'd seen him taken down by people below Odin before..and this was after Death brought him back. Of course this is all just my opinion. You all should know by now how opinionated I am. *smile*

picoico
Thanos would kick both up and down the galaxy. Thanos is not just smart, he has a mastery of the mystic arts and can manipulate cosmic energies. He's like an uber powerful combination of Surfer and Strange, with a brain that dwarfs that of Reed Richards to top things off!

The Flash
Don't forget that he has a face that makes the guys jealous and the ladies drool. wink

muffin man
thanos.
he beat the avenger which had thor and iron man in it
and superman in my opinion isn't as strong as iron man

BobbyD
...tossing an oldie back out there...

Mindset
Originally posted by muffin man
thanos.
he beat the avenger which had thor and iron man in it
and superman in my opinion isn't as strong as iron man lol

h1a8
Originally posted by BobbyD
What do you think, guys (and ladies)? Obviously, I'm talking about Thanos w/o the IG and HOTU. Superman solos due to speed. Him and Thor makes this spite.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman solos due to speed. Him and Thor makes this spite. erm

Sethos
lol pls Supes cant even beat Thor so Supes handel Thanos no way. Thanos takes out these 2 easy unless Thor has odins power.

h1a8
Originally posted by Sethos
lol pls Supes cant even beat Thor so Supes handel Thanos no way. Thanos takes out these 2 easy unless Thor has odins power.

First, ABC logic is faulty.
Second, Superman can beat Thor easily with a combo to ko before Thor can act.
Third, Superman can beat Thanos the same way.

If Superman can move more than 5ft before someone can move 1inch then that being has no defense against Superman using his top speed. Superman would pop and stun them before they can make an action and then pop them again before the stun effect wears off. Repeat this again and again until the being is koed.

Bentley
First, ABC logic is faulty.
Second, Superman can beat Thor easily with a combo to ko before Thor can act.
Third, Superman can beat Thanos the same way.

If Superman can move more than 5ft before someone can move 1inch then that being has no defense against Superman using his top speed. Superman would pop and stun them before they can make an action and then pop them again before the stun effect wears off. Repeat this again and again until the being is koed.

The real problem comes when Supes faces Goku.

the Darkone
Thanos has too much raw power and too damn versatile for them, he can encase Superman or Thor in pure force field. thanos has too many option and sorry speed blitz ant working.

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos has too much raw power and too damn versatile for them, he can encase Superman or Thor in pure force field. thanos has too many option and sorry speed blitz ant working. Thanos can't encase any of these two fighting at their best.

1. Superman would pop him before he makes an action.
2. If Superman ALLOWED Thanos to make an action then Superman can simply dodge the attack.

Thanos has no option other than being comboed to ko with ease. Superman solos.

Black bolt z
Thanos can't encase any of these two fighting at their best.

1. Superman would pop him before he makes an action.
2. If Superman ALLOWED Thanos to make an action then Superman can simply dodge the attack.

Thanos has no option other than being comboed to ko with ease. Superman solos. Fail.You always seem to forget that part that thanos can tank his punches with a smile.

Sethos
K thats just stupid cause now ur saying that supes cant b touched. Sorry but even doomsday killed supes n he is slow as hell lol. Surfers speed is far greater then supes n thanos puts a wooping on the surfer even at that speed. ur speed logic isnt working sorry.

Black bolt z
K thats just stupid cause now ur saying that supes cant b touched. Sorry but even doomsday killed supes n he is slow as hell lol. Surfers speed is far greater then supes n thanos puts a wooping on the surfer even at that speed. ur speed logic isnt working sorry. No hes not.Doomsday is amazingly fast even for his size...

And surfer never fights thanos at speed.He always seems to job to thanos.

h1a8
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Fail.You always seem to forget that part that thanos can tank his punches with a smile.
Fail. You forget Thanos can't tank neither punches with a smile.

K thats just stupid cause now ur saying that supes cant b touched. Sorry but even doomsday killed supes n he is slow as hell lol. Surfers speed is far greater then supes n thanos puts a wooping on the surfer even at that speed. ur speed logic isnt working sorry.

Comic fights hold no water if they contradict what would really happen in a forum fight. Character's often are found not fighting at their best, not using their best speed and skills etc.

Hulk tagging Surfer doesn't mean Hulk has ftl reflexes and speed. It just means Surfer didn't fight to his best ability as shown before.

Nihilist
Yet he did tank Thor punches hits and hammer strikes amp by the power gem with a smile.

Thanos wins he proll two shots them both.

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
Yet he did tank Thor punches hits and hammer strikes amp by the power gem with a smile.

Thanos wins he proll two shots them both.

That's not my definition of tank. My definition of tank is to not be stunned nor damaged in any way.

Thanos face was bloody and he was getting rocked (momentarily stunned) by Thor's blows. Thor wasn't amped much by the power gem. He was more amp due to not holding back.

Superman can stun Thanos with his blows and Superman is fast enough to chain blows fast enough to prevent Thanos from coming out of the stun state (the stun will be renewed for each blow).

Superman alone beats Thanos. This fight is spite. Don't mess with me.

Nihilist
That's not my definition of tank. My definition of tank is to not be stunned nor damaged in any way.

Thanos face was bloody and he was getting rocked (momentarily stunned) by Thor's blows. Thor wasn't amped much by the power gem. He was more amp due to not holding back.

Superman can stun Thanos with his blows and Superman is fast enough to chain blows fast enough to prevent Thanos from coming out of the stun state (the stun will be renewed for each blow).

Superman alone beats Thanos. This fight is spite. Don't mess with me. LOL you talk some crap, all Thor did was knock Thanos into a wall, he wasnt stunned at all, his nose was trickling with blood at best and he was smiling.

sorry to tell you but Thors FEATS show he was massivily amped, his striking power was higher as was his durability, feats/on panel proof>>>>>>>>>>>>your shitty bias opinion.

Thanos beats Superman, strength alone doesnt put Thanos down, at best the survive a few blast and punches.

h1a8
LOL you talk some crap, all Thor did was knock Thanos into a wall, he wasnt stunned at all, his nose was trickling with blood at best and he was smiling.

sorry to tell you but Thors FEATS show he was massivily amped, his striking power was higher as was his durability, feats/on panel proof>>>>>>>>>>>>your shitty bias opinion.

Thanos beats Superman, strength alone doesnt put Thanos down, at best the survive a few blast and punches.

Stunned from the blow could mean stunned for a few tenths of a second after the blow to a few hours after the blow. Thanos smiled because he was enjoying the fight (he likes to have a good challenge and flirt with death).

Thor has no feats to show he was massively amped. I can show you feats from a regular non holding back Thor that will trump any singular feat that PG Thor did. On panel proof>>>>>>your lies.

Nihilist
Stunned from the blow could mean stunned for a few tenths of a second after the blow to a few hours after the blow. Thanos smiled because he was enjoying the fight (he likes to have a good challenge and flirt with death).

Thor has no feats to show he was massively amped. I can show you feats from a regular non holding back Thor that will trump any singular feat that PG Thor did. On panel proof>>>>>>your lies.

Thats all well and good with your shit explination, but Thanos was none of them.

He beat the entire Infinty watch and Dr Strange and Surfer together, he took a double handed blast from Thanos and was fine( a weaker pre res Thanos rocked him with 1 blast), sure a regular Thor doing that.

So instead of trolling and being butthurt why dont you try and back up your mouth boy.

chomperx9
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8587/captainmarvelv301703.jpg

rotiart
Current thanos disintegrated drax with a single blast...
Drax is now dead and current thanos can not longer be killed
It took three high level telepaths cosmos mantis and moondragon all there strength to restrain thanos in his weakened form. As he got stronger all three combines couldn't stop him... Cosmo killed a hulk revenger with his telepathy...in like the same issue...

For a permant put down even Thor and superman combined can't do it with death denying her avatar of death...

rotiart
In the reborn avatar of death thanos...
Three high level telepaths could barely restrain a weakened thanos who as he grew stronger they could do nothing against...
Thanos was disintegrated and reconstituted as death no longer wants him in her realm
Thanos incinerated drax with a single blast and manhandled him... Drax who is a certified brick on the level of guys like hulk... In the past gets vaporized...
Thanos is not to be messed with

Nihilist
Originally posted by rotiart
Current thanos disintegrated drax with a single blast...
Drax is now dead and current thanos can not longer be killed
It took three high level telepaths cosmos mantis and moondragon all there strength to restrain thanos in his weakened form. As he got stronger all three combines couldn't stop him... Cosmo killed a hulk revenger with his telepathy...in like the same issue...

For a permant put down even Thor and superman combined can't do it with death denying her avatar of death... Current Thanos slapped around Lord Marvell apparently.

h1a8
Thats all well and good with your shit explination, but Thanos was none of them. He seemed to be rocked from each blow about a second or two if you ask me. Thor didn't even do any slams either, just jabs and quick hits. The one slam Thor did was blocked by a Thanos crumbling shield.

Who Thor beat is irrelevant. It's how he beat them. Spidey can beat Rhino doesn't mean he is stronger. Thanos beat SS in a way that would never happen.
Will do. Watch carefully.

rotiart
Current Thanos slapped around Lord Marvell apparently.
I haven't seen the thanos beats Marvell thing yet but assuming it true u have:
Richards worldmind said fake quasar is just as powerful as our quasar. The magus was way more off the charts then quasar and lord Marvell screwed magus.... Then thanos beats Marvell... So yeah...

Nihilist
He seemed to be rocked from each blow about a second or two if you ask me. Thor didn't even do any slams either, just jabs and quick hits. The one slam Thor did was blocked by a Thanos crumbling shield.

Who Thor beat is irrelevant. It's how he beat them. Spidey can beat Rhino doesn't mean he is stronger. Thanos beat SS in a way that would never happen.
Will do. Watch carefully.

Well as everyone knows your opinion is never right, on panel Thanos was never rocked at all, he took the shots and was fine them smashed Thor through the floor straight away.

laughing out loud your logic is pathetic, he beat a team and two other guys easy with pure strength and power, something a normal Thor couldnt do or has ever done.

Yeah sure, you unable back shit up with proof, all you can do is use your own shit logic to try and turn things in your favour.

Nihilist
I haven't seen the thanos beats Marvell thing yet but assuming it true u have:
Richards worldmind said fake quasar is just as powerful as our quasar. The magus was way more off the charts then quasar and lord Marvell screwed magus.... Then thanos beats Marvell... So yeah... Havent read it myself yet, read the spoilers on cbr( which was posted by a mod,who is always spot on)

carver9
No hes not.Doomsday is amazingly fast even for his size...

And surfer never fights thanos at speed.He always seems to job to thanos.

Show me a speed feat from Doomsday besides a hyperbole statement that every character have under their belt. Doomsday doesnt have a legitimate speed feat under his belt... hell, if we look at speed feats, hulk outshines Doomsday.

The same hyperbole statement that Doomsday receive, hundreds of other bricks received the same thing.

Doomsdays speed is nothing but a myth or fans dream.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Show me a speed feat from Doomsday besides a hyperbole statement that every character have under their belt. Doomsday doesnt have a legitimate speed feat under his belt... hell, if we look at speed feats, hulk outshines Doomsday.

The same hyperbole statement that Doomsday receive, hundreds of other bricks received the same thing.

Doomsdays speed is nothing but a myth or fans dream.

you've been shown examples of even dos doomsday showing reflex speed. or did you forget about them? methinks not, so stop trolling.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
you've been shown examples of even dos doomsday showing reflex speed. or did you forget about them? methinks not, so stop trolling.

LOLOLOL laughing , how do you do it PR... how do you find my post like this? Yes, you showed me feats that I disagreed with and I countered your arguments by showing you hulk doing either similar or superior things.

I dont want to discuss it though because you stated that I am trolling and I do not want to get in trouble for that but as for the fight... I agree with only ONE THING that H1 is saying, Superman or Thor alone would give Thanos hell, adding Thor, its spite.

The arguments that people use to state that Thanos>>>high heralds is just stupid. Him pimp slapping Thor doesnt make him far superior to Thor. Him pimp slapping Professor Hulk (the weakest incarnation of hulk) and Thing (a being that wasnt even class 100 during that time) doesnt put him far above these two.

Yeah, he had a good showing against an amped Thor but he didnt win, he relied on a plot device. Yeah, he had a good showing against Odin but again, he didnt win, he relied on plot. What character doesnt have these types of showings. Hell, Thor did better against Odin than Thanos... Thor has also taken on Celestials and Galactus himself and did good but he still a high herald. Then we have Superman taking on skyfather level beings as well.

I agree, one on one, I would give Thanos the edge against any of them (not in the fashion that the Thanos fanboys give him), together, they STOMP, he cant beat the both of them.

Team 10/10... Thanos would be a walking punching bag unless again, someone can show me Thanos taking on two heralds of this caliber and actually winning (please dont show me the thing and professor hulk scan).

chomperx9
Thanos didnt tank mjolnir here

-Pr-
LOLOLOL laughing , how do you do it PR... how do you find my post like this? Yes, you showed me feats that I disagreed with and I countered your arguments by showing you hulk doing either similar or superior things.

I dont want to discuss it though because you stated that I am trolling and I do not want to get in trouble for that but as for the fight... I agree with only ONE THING that H1 is saying, Superman or Thor alone would give Thanos hell, adding Thor, its spite.

The arguments that people use to state that Thanos>>>high heralds is just stupid. Him pimp slapping Thor doesnt make him far superior to Thor. Him pimp slapping Professor Hulk (the weakest incarnation of hulk) and Thing (a being that wasnt even class 100 during that time) doesnt put him far above these two.

Yeah, he had a good showing against an amped Thor but he didnt win, he relied on a plot device. Yeah, he had a good showing against Odin but again, he didnt win, he relied on plot. What character doesnt have these types of showings. Hell, Thor did better against Odin than Thanos... Thor has also taken on Celestials and Galactus himself and did good but he still a high herald. Then we have Superman taking on skyfather level beings as well.

I agree, one on one, I would give Thanos the edge against any of them (not in the fashion that the Thanos fanboys give him), together, they STOMP, he cant beat the both of them.

Team 10/10... Thanos would be a walking punching bag unless again, someone can show me Thanos taking on two heralds of this caliber and actually winning (please dont show me the thing and professor hulk scan).

1) how can you argue against blatant on panel statements? sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la la la i can't hear you" is not countering. that is trolling, you know.

2) why do you assume i care about thanos? uhuh

Nihilist

Team 10/10... Thanos would be a walking punching bag unless again, someone can show me Thanos taking on two heralds of this caliber and actually winning (please dont show me the thing and professor hulk scan). Thanos stalemated Thor w/power gem who destroyed Adam Warlock Surfer and Dr Strange together, so he doesnt have to have them kind of showing.

You show me WWH doing the same, yet you claim he could without having feats like that to back it up.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
1) how can you argue against blatant on panel statements? sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la la la i can't hear you" is not countering. that is trolling, you know.

2) why do you assume i care about thanos? uhuh

Lol...The thanos comment wasn't towards you.

As for doomsday... everyone has these types of hyperbole statements... its not that I'm ignoring it, its hyerbole and I just haven't seen any speed feats from doomsday to make me think otherwise.

Has the flash ever met or fought against doomsday?

-Pr-

As for doomsday... everyone has these types of hyperbole statements... its not that I'm ignoring it, its hyerbole and I just haven't seen any speed feats from doomsday to make me think otherwise.

what hyperbole statements? i really hope you're not talking about booster gold, as i wasn't using him at all.

yes, during doomsday wars. in fact, the entire jla did.

as to how i saw your post, well: i saw a superman thread with you as the last poster, and knew i was just bound to see some lowballing going on.

Power Cosmic II
current thanos should win a comfortable majority.

guy222
thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
current thanos should win a comfortable majority.

I agree with current thanos winning (he is a beast) but classic... hell no.

Nihilist
I agree with current thanos winning (he is a beast) but classic... hell no. Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos stalemated Thor w/power gem who destroyed Adam Warlock Surfer and Dr Strange together(3 high heralds), so he doesnt have to have them kind of showing.

You show me WWH doing the same, yet you claim he could without having feats like that to back it up. Stop avoiding.

carver9
Stop avoiding.

That power gem thor vs thanos fight wasn't even long enough for us to use the type of abc logic that you are using. How many punchesb were thrown that fight... four to five?

Then he resorted to a plot and I never said that either of them would win a majority against thanos but again... either could give him trouble alone.

Supes feat alone tell us that he could give thanos a run for his money... thor feats alone tell us the same and that is what you are ignoring.

Nihilist
That power gem thor vs thanos fight wasn't even long enough for us to use the type of abc logic that you are using. How many punchesb were thrown that fight... four to five?

Then he resorted to a plot and I never said that either of them would win a majority against thanos but again... either could give him trouble alone.

Supes feat alone tell us that he could give thanos a run for his money... thor feats alone tell us the same and that is what you are ignoring. No, you are ignoring Thor destroying Adam Warlock, Surfer, Strange plus another 3-4 people at once and Thanos matching him blow for blow(Thanos got more hits in and Blasts as well] plus this Thors striking power and durability is far above Supermans and regular Thors.

Super/Thor feats dont tell us the could give Thanos a fight, when Thanos feats tell us he beats Surfer/Thor lvl guys with little fuss and takes skyfather lvl attacks on a regular and is able to fight on.

Black bolt z
Fail. You forget Thanos can't tank neither punches with a smile.

Comic fights hold no water if they contradict what would really happen in a forum fight. Character's often are found not fighting at their best, not using their best speed and skills etc.

Hulk tagging Surfer doesn't mean Hulk has ftl reflexes and speed. It just means Surfer didn't fight to his best ability as shown before. Yes he can.Power gem thor with mjolnir whos strikes are much stronger then supermans he tanked with a smile.Originally posted by h1a8

Superman alone beats Thanos. This fight is spite. Don't mess with me. He was only bloodly because glass cut him.Not thor.

Except he can tank his punches.He will barley feel them.

Mshinu
Thanos grabs the hero boys and BONK`s their heads together for the quick win.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by chomperx9
Thanos didnt tank mjolnir here Not what we are talking about...Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos stalemated Thor w/power gem who destroyed Adam Warlock Surfer and Dr Strange together, so he doesnt have to have them kind of showing.

You show me WWH doing the same, yet you claim he could without having feats like that to back it up. Honestly B&T was filled with PIS cuz he shouldn't have beaten that group.

Black bolt z
I agree with current thanos winning (he is a beast) but classic... hell no. Class might, might lose if we are talking pre-death.But he can still win.

carver9
No, you are ignoring Thor destroying Adam Warlock, Surfer, Strange plus another 3-4 people at once and Thanos matching him blow for blow(Thanos got more hits in and Blasts as well] plus this Thors striking power and durability is far above Supermans and regular Thors.

Super/Thor feats dont tell us the could give Thanos a fight, when Thanos feats tell us he beats Surfer/Thor lvl guys with little fuss and takes skyfather lvl attacks on a regular and is able to fight on.

And that's the reason I would give thanos the majority against either superman or thor "alone". Thanos did good against power gem thor but it was more of a durability showing than anything else. That's what thanos is famous for... taking an ass whiipin without falling but again... I can't see him taking these two together because he doesn't have the feats.

Your abc logic isn't proving this. Show me him fighting two opponents of this caliber and stomping them.

By the way, thanos defeated classic surfer, a surfer that isn't even comparable to current surfer and let's not forget that thanos fleed when surfer was shooting blast so powerful that it was creating enormous black holes in space.

Black bolt z
And that's the reason I would give thanos the majority against either superman or thor "alone". Thanos did good against power gem thor but it was more of a durability showing than anything else. That's what thanos is famous for... taking an ass whiipin without falling but again... I can't see him taking these two together because he doesn't have the feats.

Your abc logic isn't proving this. Show me him fighting two opponents of this caliber and stomping them.

By the way, thanos defeated classic surfer, a surfer that isn't even comparable to current surfer and let's not forget that thanos fleed when surfer was shooting blast so powerful that it was creating enormous black holes in space. He was fleeing from the black holes...not surfer.And by the way he could tank them.classic surfer flew through black holes with ease.Current thanos's durability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>his then.

Nihilist

By the way, thanos defeated classic surfer, a surfer that isn't even comparable to current surfer and let's not forget that thanos fleed when surfer was shooting blast so powerful that it was creating enormous black holes in space.

Feats.. he can physically punch Surfer lvl guys to death, in a weaker pre death form he can floor Thor with just a eye blast and he can tank skyfather lvl hits far beyond(Odin,Tyrant,Maker,Walker) anything Supes/Thor can do together.

LOL, he doesnt have to fight two heralds to show he could beat them in a forum match up, show me WWH beating 2 mid herlads at once or Galactus beating 2 skyfathers at once, Thanos crushed Surfer(Marvels highest high herald) with ease simply stacking heralds doesnt do anything.

Current Surfer is the same as classic Surfer as confirmed by Editor Tom Breevort, his power up is a fallacy.

Nihilist
Honestly B&T was filled with PIS cuz he shouldn't have beaten that group. Why was it pis? because you dont agree with it.

Reg Thor was on the lvl with anybody he fought in that arc, the gem put him over anyone he faced due to his increased power,durabilty,stamina etc.

Badabing

Doomsdays speed is nothing but a myth or fans dream. Carver, you've been shown the scans before. Gardner, Booster and Supes all commented on DD's speed. Just stop now.

Black bolt z
Why was it pis? because you dont agree with it.

Reg Thor was on the lvl with anybody he fought in that arc, the gem put him over anyone he faced due to his increased power,durabilty,stamina etc. Honestly the watch + maxam + strange should have been able to beat or at least subdue thor.And your saying that thor just hammering the gem out of draxs stomach isn't PIS?I don't really believe anything involving thanos was PIS.Although had the match been going longer he would have lost.Power gem works that way.

Nihilist
Honestly the watch + maxam + strange should have been able to beat or at least subdue thor.And your saying that thor just hammering the gem out of draxs stomach isn't PIS?I don't really believe anything involving thanos was PIS.Although had the match been going longer he would have lost.Power gem works that way. Apart from Drax's gem thing nothing was pis,which isnt part of the battle when Thor had the gem, as they couldnt beat Thor down as he was far too durable, and he reversed Strange/Warlock best attack.

Whirlysocktroll
Superman Sundips a
then uses TVO as Thor unlead
ses the GODBLAST 101011000010101010! stick out tongue

zeel
Originally posted by Molecule man
You can't compare Thing to Supes, Supes is stronger, faster and many more powers that the Thing don't have

true but thanos still beats the living zhit outta the team.

zeel
Originally posted by whobdamandog

Yes and this is a feat that thor and supes cannot repeat.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by zeel
Well Thor did shrug off Celestial Blasts and Superman survived a staff blast from Gog when he had the Quintessence's power...

So I don't think Superman or Thor tanking two or three blasts from Odin is that far fetched.

carver9
Originally posted by zeel

Actually thor did repeat it...twice. thor showing against galactus>thanos.

Thanos

Rage.Of.Olympus
Team.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
So I don't think Thor tanking two or three blasts from Odin is that far fetched.

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin2.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin3.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin4.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin5.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin6.jpg

h1a8

If a speedster (Superman) complains about someone's speed then that being DOES have legitimate speed. If DD can attack DS far a mile away before DS can turn around then that is great speed. If DD can SIMULTANEOUSLY hit 5 members (who were yards from each other) then that is great speed. And yes DD does have a feat against Flash. DD's speed and reflexes is so fast that his shockwaves caught up to Flash in midrun.

No non fast character, like Hulk, has top speedsters complaining about his speed. I don't recall SS complaining about Hulk's speed and claiming he is faster than the FASTEST being in the universe.

rotiart
Okay back to topic... Current thanos wins.

h1a8

He loses to Superman alone.

The Nuul

h1a8
Originally posted by The Nuul
This fight is spite a better one (one which Thanos still loses) is here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=434228&pagenumber=296#post13024805

The Nuul
This fight is spite a better one (one which Thanos still loses) is here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=434228&pagenumber=296#post13024805

Who cares.....what you think.

h1a8
Who cares.....what you think. I do

The Nuul
Good for you!

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Team.

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin2.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin3.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin4.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin5.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin6.jpg I'm not saying its not far fetched but just a question? Was thor supposed to lose? I mean what happens he did?He kinda isn't allowed to lose.Originally posted by h1a8
He loses to Superman alone. Except he doesn't.He stomps superman.

Johnny Sorrow
Was thor supposed to lose? I mean what happens he did?He kinda isn't allowed to lose.

Except when Mangog ran a trail on his face. Multiple times. Let's not mention Durok either.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Except when Mangog ran a trail on his face. Multiple times. Let's not mention Durok either. I was specifically talking about that fight.

Johnny Sorrow
I was specifically talking about that fight.

He's taken multiple blasts from Celestials. Not a stretch to believe that he could take several blasts from a possessed skyfather.

rotiart
Good for you!

Please don't feed the monkey... After it is done eating it will only throw feces at you.

Black bolt z
He's taken multiple blasts from Celestials. Not a stretch to believe that he could take several blasts from a possessed skyfather. a herald level Surviving a single blast from a cosmic being is too far fetched.

Johnny Sorrow
a herald level Surviving a single blast from a cosmic being is too far fetched.

I can't help you there if you are willing to discount all of Thor's best durability feats to support your inane hypothesis. nopity

Black bolt z
I can't help you there if you are willing to discount all of Thor's best durability feats to support your inane hypothesis. nopity I only discount things that are very far from anything else they have done.The outliers.Like Voids MM feat.He never again did anything even close to that.Thor has that 1 mabye two feats like that.Skyfather I have no problem with.Abstract is where is gets a little to iffy.

Johnny Sorrow
I only discount things that are very far from anything else they have done.The outliers.Like Voids MM feat.He never again did anything even close to that.Thor has that 1 mabye two feats like that.Skyfather I have no problem with.Abstract is where is gets a little to iffy.

Thor has tanked the energy attacks from:

Celestials
Odin
Bor (Odinforce enhanced)
Pluto
Zeus
Galactus
the Destroyer's disintegration beam (Odinforce enhanced)
Mephisto
Surtur

Ball's in your court.

Black bolt z

Celestials
Odin
Bor (Odinforce enhanced)
Pluto
Zeus
Galactus
Mephisto
Surtur

Ball's in your court. Only ones I see as completely too far fetched.Like I said once you get into the abstract area its too much for and heral.Most of those aren't abstract or near it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why would withstanding attacks from Mephisto be any more far fetched than withstanding attacks from Odin, or Surtur etc.?

Thor has multiversal level feats of power. The character just seems to consistently crush your views in regards to what he is capable of. Isn't it time to take a step back, and consider the possibility that what you consider to be his limits are in actuality not his limits?

Either way, it's f*cking comic books. Suspension of disbelief and all that.

I'm not saying its not far fetched but just a question? Was thor supposed to lose? I mean what happens he did?He kinda isn't allowed to lose.

.....What?

Omega Vision
You've got to love the trite and not-so-true "he's the hero of course he wins" argument. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Why would withstanding attacks from Mephisto be any more far fetched than withstanding attacks from Odin, or Surtur etc.?

Thor has multiversal level feats of power. The character just seems to consistently crush your views in regards to what he is capable of. Isn't it time to take a step back, and consider the possibility that what you consider to be his limits are in actuality not his limits?

Reminds me of a bunch of posters a few days back calling Superman+MM+WW's Earth towing feat "bullshit"

Haterz go'n hate.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why would it be bullshit? Superman's done crazier shit than that in the past. So has the Hulk. So has Thor.

Frankly, I was more impressed by Wally absorbing all of the kinetic energy during that event than I was by the planet moving. At least If I recall Wally's participation correctly.

Omega Vision
Why would it be bullshit? Superman's done crazier shit than that in the past. So has the Hulk. So has Thor.

Frankly, I was more impressed by Wally absorbing all of the kinetic energy during that event than I was by the planet moving. At least If I recall Wally's participation correctly.
Well one of the people calling it bullshit was Brucie. You know how that goes.

Another one of them didn't even think Superman could lift a trillion tons. ermm

psycho gundam

Celestials
Odin
Bor (Odinforce enhanced)
Pluto
Zeus
Galactus
Mephisto
Surtur

Ball's in your court. thanos kicked thor's ( and the thing's) ass (non-death enhanced)
stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
He knocked the Thing out but Thor? He only managed to bring him to his knees with at the bare minimum of two blasts-common sense and logic dictates it was more- to his knees. Thor was up and ready to fight in literally three panels after the onslaught stopped.

Thanos was the one being knocked around actually.

Well one of the people calling it bullshit was Brucie. You know how that goes.

Another one of them didn't even think Superman could lift a trillion tons. ermm

Gotcha.

Idiocy.

But since Brucie was involved, it's par for course.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thanos kicked thor's ( and the thing's) ass (non-death enhanced)
stick out tongue

I thought you died in the basement years ago! mad

psycho gundam
nope

i don't go near basements, and i can't die either

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
nope

i don't go near basements, and i can't die either

There's a joke in there somewhere.

psycho gundam
hold thy tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes sir.

Badabing
Superman uses his immense speed advantage and backhands Thanos towards Thor. Thor winds up Mjolnir and bats Thanos into space. Thor says "It had to be done."

Team wins. biscuits

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
Superman uses his immense speed advantage and backhands Thanos towards Thor. Thor winds up Mjolnir and bats Thanos into space. Thor says "It had to be done."

Team wins. biscuits booze night again i see

King Castle
thanos teleports back and is hovering pissed.

this time they try again Superman rams face 1st into his shield which he didnt know was there knocking himself out. a lucky move for supes..

thor tosses mjolnir and thanos teleports it away as it was slowed down by the shield.. thanos then just starts to blast thor with eye blast and hand blast walks up to thor grabs his neck and syphons thor's life force and at the same time drives thor mad and then drops him in a dried up husk thanos wins...thanduros

Badabing
Originally posted by chomperx9
booze night again i see durinkOriginally posted by King Castle
thanduros laughing out loud

Juntai

.....What? Same with Superman, Wolverine, Batman, several others.

Deadline
Thanos. Thanos has owned Thor and Thing before he could defeat Supes and Thor.

Badabing
Originally posted by Deadline
Thanos. Thanos has owned Thor and Thing before he could defeat Supes and Thor. That's good logic, because Thing and Supes are equals. durpalm

Deadline
That's good logic, because Thing and Supes are equals. durpalm

Of course not, but my point was that he owned Thor and Thing.

Badabing
Of course not, but my point was that he owned Thor and Thing. Okay, still not relevant to Thanos vs Thor and Supes. durno

Deadline
Okay, still not relevant to Thanos vs Thor and Supes. durno

duryes

rotiart
I think his argument is that thanos owned Thor plus thing so well that he would have a good chance (not owning but a good chance) of beating Thor plus superman

Omega Vision
I think his argument is that thanos owned Thor plus thing so well that he would have a good chance (not owning but a good chance) of beating Thor plus superman
That's like if I pointed to White Canary owning Black Canary and Huntress at the same time and said she'd thusly have a shot at owning Black Canary and Batman at the same time, as if Huntress and Batman were even close to interchangeable.

I understand his argument, I just don't understand how he thinks it's a sound one. shrug

KuRuPT Thanosi
thanos dominates these two.

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
thanos dominates these two.

How? When has thanos ever went against two people at the same time of this caliber?

KuRuPT Thanosi

KuRuPT Thanosi
carver.... ooooo carver.....

rotiart
Hugs K.T. Your posts seem so angry here. *Hugs!!*
And honestly I see thanes pulling 4/10. He pulls a few but not a majority.. I could even a temporary death as a tko due to current thanos powers

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hugs K.T. Your posts seem so angry here. *Hugs!!*
And honestly I see thanes pulling 4/10. He pulls a few but not a majority.. I could even a temporary death as a tko due to current thanos powers

Hey buddy, how are you doing man? It's all good g, I'm not angry at all, just confused about Carver sometimes.. So tell me man, how do you figure they pull a majority.. taking into account my post and how I laid things out.

Black bolt z

.....What? If he was in his realm.Should have specified.Out of his realm hes only skyfather.

Black bolt z
That's good logic, because Thing and Supes are equals. durpalm That was also a much much weaker thanos

Black bolt z

Sr J-Bieb
To be fair didn't chaos and order depower IB after jailing him? He was only depowered when he was out of the bubble.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Omega Vision
Hahaha whoa, this post is just.....the amount of misinterpretation, lack of knowledge in it is staggering.
Of late Kurupt has seemingly snapped.

Badabing
duryes ohno

I was dured and didn't retaliate in time! ranting

durslide

Rage.Of.Olympus
Of late Kurupt has seemingly snapped.

Yea, his hit a new low. I think his finally come to terms with the fact that Starlin isn't around to protect that ugly purple bastard anymore.

I wonder if Kazar will out-muscle Thanos again. Better yet, let Black Panther do it.

Omega Vision
Yea, his hit a new low. I think his finally come to terms with the fact Starlin isn't around to protect that ugly purple bastard anymore.

I wonder if Kazar will out-muscle Thanos again. Better yet, let Black Panther do it.
No given the way Marvel has been going of late it will be Hank Pym.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, he is the Scientist Supreme.

Omega Vision
And what better way for Marvel to prove his scientific credentials than by having him beat someone up, someone like Thanos? dur

Rage.Of.Olympus
I guess picking on a retard isn't that much of a step down from beating your wife. Or creating killer robots to attack and capture your teammates just so you could look useful.

Omega Vision
I guess picking on a retard isn't that much of a step down from beating your wife. Or creating killer robots to attack and capture your teammates just so you could look useful.
Eternity got real lucky when he punched Pym. If Pym hadn't been so paralyzed by shock (due to his surprise that a feeb like Eternity would dare strike him) he would have trashed E's cosmic ass and then ****ed Infinity on Eternity's bed. sneer

Deadline

Stoic
This team is going to take a hard shyt on Thanos.

carver9

the ninjak
Thanos manhandled Lord Mar-Vell.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>