Spoilers from MF.com

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
well , well this looks like it may be a good week for spoiler fans. yes
since we have a thread for stuff coming from Josh at TFN, I thought it best to make a seperate one for the boys at MF.

With Christmas day less than a week away, MF.Com has decided to indulge in the Christmas spirit.

Our latest insider, Hard Copy, has sent us this small scene to help begin the festive cheer.

Quote:
177. INT. STAR DESTROYER - SPACE

Sector Governor, TARKIN; DARTH VADER and EMPEROR PALPATINE stand on the bridge of the Star Destroyer.

In the distance, the growing skeleton of a spherical battle station, the size of a small moon, begins to take shape...

Keep your eyes stuck on MF.Com for some bigger,actually HUGE, spoilers this week coming!

gunchips
Awesome!!!!! Thanks Jedi Priestess !!!!

vader519
That is cool. Thanks JP.

Sith Master X
Nice!

eXSBass
I might be a fool in asking, how does one know a spoiler is absolutely true and not made up. From anyone's POV anyone can be SS!

Jedi Priestess
I see where you are coming from. But generally, MF.com is pretty reliable. yes

Lowbacca
Yeah. That's no fake, that's a space station... blink

MC John 117
MF.com? How long have I been away?

Morridini
I hope the part about the Death Star is fake.

Jedi Priestess
www.millenniumfalcon.com in other words wink

MC John 117
Oh.....still don't know it. Thanks JP, stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
quite a cool place, if you dont get eaten alive that is......have to stay on your toes over there!

MC John 117
mmm......cannibalism.....

eXSBass
To tell the truth, I personally don't want the "construction of the Death Star" to be in Episode III. Even if it is a faintish skeleton of the Death Star and not as conspicious as the Death Star II.
Why?

Because I think it's going to be a little silly in my POV. In ANH we see this big thing with lasers blowing balls of planets. We think about how the Empire makes such a big thing. We get that answer in RotJ. We don't need the same answer in RotS. Even if RotS if meant to follow the footsteps of RotJ. If anything, the construction should have began in AotC as an answer to end the Clone Wars to show power. But Starting it in RotS is just far fetched. Instead, why not show the birth of the Empire by showing the construction of masses of Stormies or the construction of the Emperor's Palace we've been hearing about (which we only got a glimpse of in RotJ), either way, IMHO the construction should not begin.

MC John 117
I concur with thee.

Jedi Priestess
As do I....

MC John 117
Hey! We both registered in May! High five!

eXSBass
Very weak chat up line.

You will go home and rethink your lines

stick out tongue

NoMeN
A-W-E-S-O-M-E

MC John 117
Me? Chat up JP?
Good sir! stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
ok here's the problem I have with this spoiler.....when exactly would Sideous have had time to do this? I mean something that big would surely get noticed dont you think?

eXSBass
Another reason for it not to be built.

bilbofett
Well he managed to keep Kamino a secret, the death star plans a secret, & its supposedly being built on an uninhabitable planet. Doesnt seem so far fetched he could do this in secret too. In ANH they didn't even know about it 'Thats no moon.......'

darktim1
probibley will find out in episode3 how he funded this secret project and how he kept it hidden.

Stunrun
"Reliable MF.com is, but unfortunate that i cannot sign up. Banned! it says i am."sad

Mempho76
They seem to do that to a lot of accts.

LandoSpeeder
How do you get banned at MF anyway?

Jedi Priestess
I think what happens is that they ban an IP address and unfortunately it burns alot of people on the same server.

.:Space Opera:.
"I hope the part about the Death Star is fake."

i think it rocks, gives me chills.

"& its supposedly being built on an uninhabitable planet"

maybe mustafar....?

smoker4
If the death star builders are anything like mine it will take them ten years to decide on coffee or tea in the morning mad

Delta51VE
It doesn't make sense. It takes them 18 years to build the first one (or even 21, if they started at the end of AOTC), but less than 3 to build the second one?

LandoSpeeder
They had experience?

tpaquin
Go with tea. Maybe a nice chai.

As far as the death star thing is concerned, sound kinda forced, to me. It seems like a lot of the OT-PT trilogy "connectors" are forced. In fact, everything up until this point has seemed a little forced. In fact, the only thing that seems to keep us filling the theater for the two previous movies is that damn duel. That's all we've cared about since Episode I.

BAILY

NoMeN
omg, what can i say?! its great!!

eXSBass
Who's Darth Plagues...the great?

Jedi Priestess
Good one Baily! I can buy this description of the dream alot more than that other one.

LandoSpeeder
Yeah this ones better than yesterdays.

Sith Master X
Sounds pretty good. Thanks Baily.

Mempho76
I might be wrong but didn't Darth Plagues train Palps?? I know Darth Plagues learned to cheat death.

darktim1
Well palpatine goes into that story and tells about him to anakin so maybe who knows.

Jedi Priestess
I think thats been proven to be false.

bilbofett
the MF spoiler from Hard Copy...now THAT makes sense. That would work perfectly I think.

And Plaguies (however you spell it) was just another in a long line of Sith from what I understand. We have had no spoiler or rumor to suggest that he & Sids ever knew each other as contemporaries.

Speaking of which, if Plagueis figured out how to cheat death, where is he now?

Darth_Decimator
i apologise in advance if this has been covered elsewhere previously but has Plaguies been written about before in EU ? could he be the EU charactor in ep III ???

BAILY
Not to my knowledge, I try to follow EU a bit, but I only stick in the Prequel Era. I doubt he is the EU character, bc I am under the impression that the EU character is played by an actor and not mearing mentioned, as Plaguies is, according to rumors and spoilers. Interesting thought though, I ask anyone to disprove me on this one? I could be wrong....

Darth_Decimator
cheers baily , ive read most of EU and i love it but ive never heard of him either , i just thought id throw the possibility out there , i hadnt heard that the EU charactor would be played by an actor tho

Darth Surgent

Darth_Decimator
WOW , will they be having new spoilers every day this week ?

jedijunky1138
When the Millennium Falcon comes out of hyperspace and they encounter the DS for the first time Obi-Wan is the only one who knows it is a space station. Now I don't know about you but I had always assumed that he knew this because the force told him. What if he just recognized it from his past? What if the rumors are true about the DS being built above Mustifar? It fits! I can see it now.... Obi-Wan and Anakin dueling while in the background the first stages of the Death Star are taking shape. Holy Cow I hope that is true!

Batman316
I assumed it was because the DS was 'mechanical' and 'outside' the force.... but then I have occasonally been wrong.
just ask the wife wink

bilbofett
Thats a good point, hadn't thought of that.
In a way that makes some sense actually. I always assumed that the force was useful only on organic matter, whereas the DS is only mechanincal (save the occupants on board). So if Obi had seen the beginnings of the DS it would make sense that 20 years later he puts 2 & 2 together.....

PVS
i would bet that sidious killed him in his rise to master in the sith.
it would make perfect sense since that is how the apprectice becomes
the master in the sith (so we are led to believe) it would also make sense
since the jedi are unaware of their existance...so who else would have killed
him. i guess the other possability is that he died of old age...but how weak would that be?

Jedi Priestess
I was undere the impression that Plag was waaaaay before Palpatines time

Creechuur
I think we all assumed this scene would happen, but its nice to have it confirmed.

Sadako of Girth
I too had thought that Kenobi could sense the material/Energy/Force differences from the Death Star, but i could see how the Built-over-mustafar-thing'd be workable.... He could know of it's construction and then sensing its artificiality as a planet have it confirmed in his own mind that that was the finished version of what he saw 18-or-so years ago....

BTW... The whole"How comes the Death Star took 18yrs to build, while the DS2 only took 2-3yrs to build..?" thing
could be explainable by saying-"well they built 2 from 18-16yrs ago... just both well kept secrets.." Maybe the construction over Endor began a long time before ROTJ...

Nice spoiler... Informative but not TOO spoiley... smile

Jedi Priestess

Stunrun
makes sense to meyes nice find JP!

smoker4
I like the idea of being asked to spy on his friend, it brings about more conflict in his mind... nice smokin'

Sadako of Girth
Veryyyy niceeeee.....!! This feels more believable than the notion of Anakin just not being given a mission after being recognised as a great hero, as maintained in early reports on the script.... smile

bilbofett
Swweeeettt!!!
It's getting harder & harder to remeber the days when they spoke of 'the scene that explains it all' isn't it? Looks like its not one main scene but the culmination of lots of scenes put together....

cornponious
I agree with this. I said it before, I would love to see a scene with Anakin and Obiwan fighting on Mustafar, and in the background during the battle, see massive sections of the Death Star being raised off the ground and into the atmosphere towards the Death Star construction site.

corn

.:Space Opera:.
i agree

BAILY

Darth_Decimator
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!!!!!!!!!!
thats f'n awesome cant wait to hear whats in store for tomorrow

BAILY
According to MF.com, there wont be another spoiler released until Friday so we are gonna have to wait a day.

Darth Surgent
Ah, but where I live this spoiler was released on thursday, so Friday is simply "on schedule."

happy

Sadako of Girth
Nice one Baily....! smile Gee... I wonder who that apprentice could have been.... wink

Turkish
The apprentice must be Sidious, I mean who else other than Sdious could have resurrected Anikin/Vader after he nearly dies (or actually does die) at the end of the duel.

Sadako of Girth
My thoughts exactly...... smile

cornponious
I posted this on another MB, and I'm posting it here, now.

Alright I'm going to have to say this. Does anybody see what is obviously in front of our faces? ? ? ?

Now, if this spoiler is true, and I have no reason to believe it is NOT true, then we have a revelation here.

So, Palpatine says that Plagueis was able to cause the midichlorians to create life. Now, the spoiler goes on to talk about Anakin's dreams, but I believe that this relates DIRECTLY to the birth of Anakin, who HAD NO FATHER.

Here Palpatine tells Anakin that Plagueis' apprentice murdered Plagueis "as soon as he discovered the same power"

IT'S AS PLAIN AS THE NOSE ON MY VIRTUAL FACE!!!!

Palpatine is EXTREMELY old, so old that HE was in fact Darth Plagueis' apprentice!! And it was PALPATINE who learned how to cause the midichlorians to create life, just like his OLD MASTER!!! So, logically, PALPATINE IS ANAKIN'S FATHER!! He manipulated the midichlorians to create Anakin in order to fulfill the prophecy, and complete his own vision of galactic rule.

This is why Palpatine is so interested in Anakin. He is Anakin's "father". This resonates with the Vader/Luke father/son theme.

These are indeed the salad days of ROTS spoilers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/cornponious/Wow.jpg

corn

PVS
i agree corn. apart from these new supposed spoilers, i have always believed that palps is an ancient bastard. i also believe that it was sidious who killed plaguious.

im not sure if i like the idea of sidious creating anakin through the force though. that would rule out the 'will of the force' and replace it with the 'will of sidious'....not sure if i like that at all

cornponious
Well, I figure that Lucas can't tell us, in TPM, that Anakin was just up and "created" out of thin air without giving SOME kind of preface or exposition at some point.

The film may not come out and openly state that Palpatine is Anakin's father, but I believe, as long as this spoiler is correct, that it will definitely strongly imply that he is.

corn

Turkish
So who then started the story of the Chosen One? Was it Sidious, did he actually begin the myth or is he just working it to suite his needs?

cornponious
Perhaps Sidious is unaware of this prophecy.

cornponious

Mempho76
Maybe the will of the force created Anakin to counter the rise of Plagueis/Palpidious.

cornponious
Granted, PVS, but bear in mind that it was Quigon who offered that "the will of the force" created Anakin. That does not necessarily make it so. Perhaps he knew nothing of Darth Plagueis.

corn

bilbofett
So yet again is my answer Corn baby...

Makes sense to me Corn. This one is actually alot easier to swallow than Anakin commiting suicide to me. Palps used his power to make the midichlorians create a new life where one would not have otherwise existed. So in actuality the FORCE created Anakin, ith Palps as the 'conjurer' of sorts. Its not like Ani has Palps DNA or anything. Palps & Schmi didnt have sex or anything like that. Whats really strange is to think that Palps is Luke & Leia's grandad!!!!

(Just too lazy to rephrase it!!!)

PVS
but its not just quigon.
the prophecy is about the chosen one being created through
the will of the force. if palps created anakin, then it was not the will
of the force, and anakin is an abomination...certainly not the 'chosen one'

cornponious
Is it really stated that way in the prophecy? I have to admit, I've never read anything about what it says, i've only seen the movie. That's all i really have to go on.

corn

bilbofett
Not necessarily PVS... one could argue that Palps motivations were also the will of the force. Creating a necessary evil in order to balance itself out. Nature does the same thing. Take forest fires for instance, we see them as awful, destructive things. But its nature's way of restoring nutients to the land to make it better in the long run. So Palps influenes the midi's & they influence him for mutual gain.... symbiant circle anyone?

Mempho76
Mecha made a good point on MF.com, Sids may just be lying to seduce Anakin. Instead of being able to stop death, Sids uses technology to sustain "Iron Lung." Anakin becomes a monster. We know he gets VERY UPSET when first awake.
Could be the reason Vader looks so confused when Ben disappears in ANH. The Jedi did discover how live thru the force.

bilbofett
Nice one Mempho....

Darth_Decimator
Ahhhhh BUGGER !!!!!!!

Jedi Priestess
I still think the lot of you are full of it! stick out tongue

Supposedly, tomorrows MF update is going to be huge. smile

NoMeN
WEEEEEEEeEeEeeeeeeee! Can't wait! big grin

Jedi Priestess
just so you know peeps.........the update from MF titled "The Reveal" should be up in about 2 hours. smile

Darth Surgent
Anticipation looms once more over the brows of Darth Surgent...

Stunrun
note the sarcasm from Sadako! lmao

Jedi Priestess
ya know I have to take care of the home team first Surgie stick out tongue

Stunrun
some very good points Corn as usual, but i dont buy it IMHO

Ok, if Anakin is the chosen one, it means he was chosen through the will of the force to eventually bring balance to the force. Now GL himself confirmed in 1999 that this "chosen one" thing was inspired from the story of Jesus - ya know? the guy that had no father, but was conceived to make a difference in the world/galaxy, and to further back that up, Pernilla August who played Shmi Skywalker was in a religous movie released just before TPM, in which she played Mary, the mother of Jesus, so Lucas obviously saw this, and thought she was right for the part. Secondly, i dont see how Palpatine could create the midi-chlorians, i mean its most probably true that he is thousands of years old -im not ruling that out but midi-chlorians, and the "chosen one" i feel are both factors of the light side. Force users of both sides have midi-chlorians, but if Palps himself created them, couldnt he just create them for dark side users? sure this would be a perfect idea for bringing about the birth of Anakin Skywalker, but if we relate this back to the Jesus concept, and if it is right Corn, then that would make Palps the equivalent of our godconfused

Some Very good points Corn, and im in no way about to rule any of those possibilties out, but i just think that "The Chosen One" was a new hope for the Jedi to get even with the Sith and to create a balance, but you could say that "The Chosen One" can do the opposite, so the Jedi could be blinded by the fact that "The Chosen One" was meant for a Sith to bring balance -but i dont think thats the Siths plan atall. They dont want to bring balance, they wont to eradicate the Jedi once and for all. But as they say, evil/sith cannot exist without peace/jedi -this is my theory as to why the Sith were wiped out in the first place, because they wouldnt set out to make a balance, but to ultimately wipe out the peace.

Ok did anyone understand that?laughing out loud

Jedi Priestess
Can I have the Cliff Notes version please? stick out tongue

Darth Surgent
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPISODE III HARDCOPY: The Reveal

"Yes, your thoughts betray you..." - Darth Vader, Return of the Jedi.

Anakin runs down the hall of the Republic Executive Building and enters the office of the Supreme Chancellor. Inside, Palpatine is begging for his life as Mace Windu stands over him with his lightsaber.

Anakin looks at the two. Mace warns Anakin to return to the Jedi Temple as instructed, but Palpatine begs for Anakin to protect him against the undemocratic Jedi.

Again, Mace tries to convince Anakin otherwise, but then Palpatine pleads, 'You remember the story of Darth Plagueis the Wise?'

Anakin looks at Palpatine, ignoring Mace.

"Darth Plagueis was real," says Palpatine.

Anakin looks at him shocked.

"Real?..."

"Darth Plagueis was my master. He taught me the key to his power," he said.

Suddenly, Palpatine's voice turned cold, and old, "...before I killed him."

Mace tries to tell Anakin not to believe him.

Palpatine raises his head, an old, withered man appears from beneath the shadows of the cowering Chancellor.

"I cannot, I turn myself over to you. I am too weak in the end. Too old, weak ... I give up. Don't kill me, Master Windu. I surrender..."

Anakin's internal conflict grows. Anakin weighs up the role of the undemocratic Jedi, the omission from the Jedi Council, the ideals and concepts of Palpatine, the loyalty of Palpatine, Palpatine willing to share the way to control midichlorians to create life....to save Padme - his loved one.

Anakin lunges towards Mace as the Jedi goes to strike against Palpatine. A lightsaber battle begins; fast and furious until Mace's hand is cut off. Sidious raises his hands and lightning strikes from them, zapping Mace in revenge with full veracity - and with his lightning he lifts up the disabled Jedi and throws him through the window, out into the Coruscant traffic below.

* This report is derived from two sources.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

dmndleader
That gave me goosebumps.

LandoSpeeder
I think this is my new favorite spoiler! yes

Mortanius
This is great! This is how Sidious turned Anakin to the darkside! Awesome!

mtryder
Wow. It's a shame Mace didn't finish the job. That would have cleared the whole series up, eh?

Jedi Priestess
actually they released a ton of new spoilers on both MF and tfn tonight. wink

NoMeN
TFN??! link please? :P

Jedi Priestess
And here's everything else that was posted last night at TFN & MF (before it went down)
Merry Christmas men! santa tree

All are from either Ternian (aka Motee) or Spoilerrific

regarding anakin being on the council
two small things:

1) He is on the Council, but not really. I'll go into this some other time.

2) He is not Palpatine's 'bodyguard.' I have been told the correct term is "Representative."
Anakin's appointment to the Council is political and non-functioning. More about that later

"Palpatine/Sidious whips out his lightsaber and takes care of Mace's Posse in seconds

After Sidious force-lightnings Mace through the window and out into the distance, the full weight of Anakin's actions are suddenly very clear to him. He is overcome in an expression of agony and stumbles back, crying out:

"What have I done??"

And then in the following moments we see Anakin pledge himself to Sidious and be named, "Darth....... Vader

He may be aware of the mistake he's made, but he now knows more than anyone how powerful Sidious is, and that Sidious claims to be offering him the one thing he truly cares about: The life of his wife.

Anakin makes another totally new decision after this. His reasons for alligence is breath-takingly awesome. Its just a shame his journey is that of the Dark Side.

Luke is truley a Jedi in RotJ and indeed redeems his father. Ooh...RotJ just gets SO much better

Anakin does not kill Padme, childbirth does.

The reason that Luke and Leia are split are because they are a threat to the Emperor

Palpatine is on his knees (something Yoda does later on. . It is night, the Chancellor's office is dimly lit. When Palpatine's head is lowered, it becomes a dark mass, when it lifts, it is an old Sidious.

Mace is good - especially fighting for his life.

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE ANAKIN!

When he finds that Padme has died he is truely lost.
In more ways than one...

Anakin is not duped. He just can't let go. He makes a clear choice between right and wrong.

Next update is New Years eve!

darthbrowneye
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!1That ROCKS!!1 rock rock rock

PVS
well, nothing from what we heard even hints at the idea of palps creating anything. it seems to me that he just learns to manipulate them to create life. it would certainly be related to the sith, since the sith love artificially reproduced fighters...so anakin is kind of a 'force clone' when you think about it.

however, on the very down side imho, its just wipes the remaining mysticism out of the force. even "the chosen one", probably the most important holy icon the jedi are taught about, turns out to be a fluke...a creation by a human. so what of the WILL of the force? what of all the talk of "finding him was no accident". was palps behind that as well? the force has been costantly hinted in the OT as guiding one's destiny...more god-like than just an energy field wouldnt you say?

cant agree with that. evil/sith do not hand in hand and neither do peace/jedi. simply because, without the jedi and the sith, there would still be good and evil.

the jedi HELP handle disputes on a large scale. they dont make peace, they just help it along with treaty signing here and some 'agressive negotiations' there. they are not increasing 'good', but simply preventing chaos the best they can. and keep in mind that there were no sith to deal with for over 1000 years, but they still had a job. thus, there is still evil and injustice and they are still needed. the jedi do not tip the scales of the universe in any way at all, they just help keep it all from going to shit. thats balance.

the sith just want to eradicate all opposition, enslave the people, and control everything, and basically turn the galaxy upsid down for his own amusement... thats imbalance.

i guess what im saying is that i dont believe that the jedi and sith are on opposite ends of a scale...or that 'balance' implies a scale at all. the jedi are PART of the balance, and the sith create imbalance. the way to achieve balance is to wipe the sith out forever.

jedijunky1138
Hey browneye, I have a Christmas ornament that plays that line in your sig! Merry Christmas.

PVS
remember JP, you can send that $20 via check, money order, western union, or paypal. stick out tongue laughing out loud

cornponious
I've pretty much gotten confirmation from someone who worked for ILM on ROTS that the spoiler about Palps and Anakin at the Theater is true. The only thing about it that was incorrect was that there is no Mon Calamari soloist. It's more of a ballet.

So, apparently we can accept these spoilers from hardcopy as being true.

corn

Jedi Priestess
oh damnit thats right!!!! blink I have a feeling I will be needing your address May 19th. cry

RealDeadOne
Great Thread Jedi Priestess... I can't get one MF.com today so you have given me a great gift this X-mas eve.

Quick question:

I'm very new to spoilers and for Ep. III conciously decided to indulge in them. My main problem is I'm so out of the loop, I don't know Ternian (aka Motee) or Spoilerrific or any of you guys, and quite frankly I have a hard time trusting these reports. Presently I do frequently visit this site, MF.com and theforce.net for spoilers.

Could someone please clarify who Ternian and Spoilerrific are, what they have accomplished or spoiled for Ep. I and II? I'm sure many of you are in the loop and I hope I don't come off the wrong way, but I would just like some details. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks. smile

(And I know Supershadow is a ***, don't worry)

NoMeN
Spoileriffic has given tons of new ep3 pics so far. all legit! my guess is he works at sw.com

Jedi Priestess
Regarding those guys, both of them supposedly have friends who work for either LFL or ILM and thats where they get the stuff, they have been pretty reliable to date. And you cant get into MF.com cause it crashed an burned last night under the weight of everyone trying to get in there Ternian said . laughing out loud

PVS
mmmm humble pie tastes goooooood laughing out loud

stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

RealDeadOne
thanks for the heads up JP and No Men. smile

Jedi Priestess
Three more from Tern posted at tfn

I think Yoda is gonna give it as good as he gets it.
You betcha.
Remember what Yoda says... "My ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is."

The Yoda Vs. Sidious duel takes place over a few locations.

someone says "Padme, move away from him."

Jedi Priestess
2 more from MF

From what I know, there is no Journal of the Whills and Yoda is sent to Kashyyyk to get him away from Coruscant.
I've got the "no" on the Whills.
It may have been updated since Josh recieved his information.

Don't under estimate Anakin - he's far more complicated than you think.

dmndleader
That sounds so generic, but thanks for relaying the info JP.

Jedi Priestess
AND someone asked him the following question and these were his answers:

Out of interest Tern, are you now in a position with your latest insider to blow the whole movie apart?

Yes.

Will you?

Yes eek!

Mempho76
Excellent.

Mortanius
Happy Dance

Jedi Priestess
oooooooooooo here's a big one from Ternian

* * * Anakin betrays Sidious. * * *

NoMeN
oh, he just wrote that?!

Mortanius
sad

bilbofett
Cool!!!

PVS
i think he will betray sidious by not telling him about luke

Cipher
Wow.......

Especially the fight in the office......

peluffo
He betrays sidious in ROTJ :P

Jedi Priestess
To clarify, he means in that in EP3 Anakin will betray Sideous.

PVS
let ME clarify. i believe vader will know of luke in ep3, and not tell sidious wink

peluffo
If so, then in TESB when the emperor tell Vader (hologram scene) that the Son of Skywalker yada yada yada, he didn't punish Vader in any way? I don't think so. Why they include it on OTDVD?
If that's the way he betray Sidious, nothing happens when sidious discovers it? no surprise, no questions, nothing... hmmm.... confused
It will be interesting to see how Lucas unfolds it.

bilbofett
He probably would have gotten mad at Vader in ESB but he liked Vader's idea about turning Luke. Both of them know that there can only be 2..Vader wants it to be him & Luke and Sids wants it to be Sids & Luke. Sids thinks he can use Vader to bring Luke to him to be turned, which is exactly what happens. Both know that if Luke turns one of them is out and Sids has no doubt it will not be him. Remember, Lucas says that Sids does not get he wants in Vader, with the mechanical suit & all. So of course he would jump at the chance to have the son of the chosen one seeing as how the chosen one himself is 'more machine than man'....

Jedi Priestess
Tern elaborates some here:

Yes, let's get this straight. Vader/Anakin betrays Sidious - I don't think he is totally to the Dark Side at this point - there is still and inner conflict and a belief he can fix things.

"Anakin get's more corrupt as he tries to use the darkside to do a noble act?"

Pretty much. He just fcks things up badly and is too far gone to turn back. He needs Luke in RotJ.

darthbrowneye
jp, i totally agree, i think deep down that vader still knows he has just a tiny bit of good in him, but just can't admit it to himself, until he sees luke getting getting crispy by palps. But, that's my 2-cents wink

Smullie
Yeah, as we see Luke making the right choises in RotJ, Anakin doesn't exactly do the same. At least not the way he means it.

Jedi Priestess
another from MF.com

Everything happens before the duel begins...then it just simply gets worse after that.

dmndleader
All of this info is making me excited... this is going to be good... I hope.

jedijunky1138
I don't know if I like this whole idea of PAINTING VADER IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT. I can't see someone with compassion falling to the darkside

Jedi Priestess
ah but he had to have compassion in order to fall in love with Padme yes?

bilbofett
I think you are confusing compassion with passion & passion with lust..... Lust most definitely seems a darkside trait!!! stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
Im not confusing anything missy, I believe he geniunely loves Padme.

bilbofett
Of course he genuinely loves her, but the sexy outfits & cute figure dont hurt I'm sure.....

Jedi Priestess
laughing gee ya think??? naughty

theshakl
I KNOW HOW!!!

Anakin will actually listen to OBI and turn back to the good side at the end of the duel..that is how he will betray him...but then he will go bad again.... when Sid talks to him...again...

or...he could betray Sid anytime during the duel..or maybe even at the beginning...when he first sees Obi...he becomes good..then he sees Padme....

jedijunky1138
Yea but once he turns to the dark side he should be the true icon of evil. I know that this is all part of the story and this is going to be the reason why Luke was able to bring him back. I just think that they could have left it alone and let him be truly evil. This would make Luke's task seem more substantial wouldn't it? I mean it would look as if he really did something.

thejeditraitor

ImperialPEZ
Now that is interesting, and in-line with Padme's character. She is going to take charge and try to bring Anakin back on her own. Very independant, this is how it should be.

Xanatos
so it's Obi-wan whos the stoleaway and not Padame

NoMeN
thanks thejeditraitor!

spitweety
"There are things I cannot do...I cannot run, hide, ignore, I cannot sit when something must be done..But there are certainly things I WILL do"- Padme Amidala (TPM TV add)

This report certainly fits all her character, which I adore !

Mortanius
rolling on floor laughing

Sadako of Girth
Loving the sound of that all, it fits nicely.

forumcrew
this was another spolier i found with what he wrote above..

Anakin runs down the hall of the Republic Executive Building and enters the office of the Supreme Chancellor. Inside, Palpatine is begging for his life as Mace Windu stands over him with his lightsaber.

Anakin looks at the two. Mace warns Anakin to return to the Jedi Temple as instructed, but Palpatine begs for Anakin to protect him against the undemocratic Jedi.

Again, Mace tries to convince Anakin otherwise, but then Palpatine pleads, 'You remember the story of Darth Plagueis the Wise?'

Anakin looks at Palpatine, ignoring Mace.

"Darth Plagueis was real," says Palpatine.

Anakin looks at him shocked.

"Real?..."

"Darth Plagueis was my master. He taught me the key to his power," he said.

Suddenly, Palpatine's voice turned cold, and old, "...before I killed him."

Mace tries to tell Anakin not to believe him.

Palpatine raises his head, an old, withered man appears from beneath the shadows of the cowering Chancellor.

"I cannot, I turn myself over to you. I am too weak in the end. Too old, weak ... I give up. Don't kill me, Master Windu. I surrender..."

Anakin's internal conflict grows. Anakin weighs up the role of the undemocratic Jedi, the omission from the Jedi Council, the ideals and concepts of Palpatine, the loyalty of Palpatine, Palpatine willing to share the way to control midichlorians to create life... to save Padme - his loved one.

Anakin lunges towards Mace as the Jedi goes to strike against Palpatine. A lightsaber battle begins; fast and furious until Mace's hand is cut off. Sidious raises his hands and lightning strikes from them, zapping Mace in revenge with full veracity - and with his lightning he lifts up the disabled Jedi and throws him through the window, out into the Coruscant traffic below.

-------------------------------

and some sweet pics u may or may not have seen
http://www.idontfear.com/ROTS/onix/memnon1.jpg
http://www.idontfear.com/ROTS/onix/memnon2.jpg
http://img158.exs.cx/img158/191/grievous4lu.jpg

Sith Master X
Looks like the whole movie is being spilled now. This is where I need to be careful, I don't want to blow the whole movie for myself either. lol

smoker4
big grin i know, me too...........

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>